Thread: Coming Back....

Coming Back....

I am really torn as to whether to come back to Wow or not.

I am the sort of player that loves to collect things, do achievements and get my AOTC and M+ seasonal rating to earn the mounts. I am not capable of CE and PVP has never been my thing.

Problem is i quit before the end of Sanctum as i just could not take the Shadowlands BS any longer, therefore missing my Sylvannas AOTC and the Season 2 M+ mount. I then missed the entirety of S3 both M+ and AOTC.

Because of these points it almost feels like i cant come back because i have missed these things and there is no way to ever earn them and my OCD has gone into over drive on it :/

Really not sure what to do

7+ Year Old Account
    that's a stupid reason not to come back honestly xd u're not seeking for advice u're seeking for attention

The amount of FOMO in WoW is the reason I started to feel like stopping to play, because if one is a collector and the game thrives on time-limited rewards, it is a major pain to stop playing/take a break even for a while.

Also you will get lots of thoughtless people posting to this topic as you already see. You need to find the answer personally, to your dilemma: do you wish to "risk it" and play a game that simply burns you out eventually but once it does, you'll miss out on several things you never can obtain again?

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    The amount of FOMO in WoW is the reason I started to feel like stopping to play, because if one is a collector and the game thrives on time-limited rewards, it is a major pain to stop playing/take a break even for a while.

Also you will get lots of thoughtless people posting to this topic as you already see. You need to find the answer personally, to your dilemma: do you wish to "risk it" and play a game that simply burns you out eventually but once it does, you'll miss out on several things you never can obtain again?
    Exactly mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tydan View Post
    Exactly mate.
    To add, it's not all about FOMO either. For me personally, sometimes I feel the itch to play other classes but changing mains in a game like WoW feels impossible due to all the things, memories and stuff attached to the character you've played for 15+ years. That includes "collectibles" such as now-removed reputation factions.

Some people do not see this sort of mindset at all, or reason why people get attached to a game emotionally. So instead I play MMOs that have far less FOMO and allow playing all classes on a single character. Not that WoW would be utterly unplayable, but everyone plays what they can enjoy the most!

What exactly have you missed and why does it matter?
    A lame title out of tens of titles?
    A mount that is the same as the first 2 seasons and the current season but in a different color?

IMO, if that shit is what you care about instead of playing it to entertain yourself and have fun, then you should NOT come back.
    Last edited by kranur; 2022-08-09 at 10:07 AM.

Stick to single player games, no more FOMO! \●/