Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I liked the planes dropping supplies and the loot bags from killing bounties in BFA. Even ending up getting Alliance Slayer by sheer accident. Never got Servant of N'zoth. Didn't ever get enough kills before I got bountied, landed, and dumped by both sides.
    The supply drops were cool, but after 8.0 their rewards became outdated and people stopped going for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    What would you do to make warmode fun?[/B]
    Nothing, i had it turned off when they introduced it in BFA coz world pvp usually ends up one-sided. At least that was the case while doing world quests in BFA - you turn up and see like 5 people from your faction vs 20-30 from opposite one. And you get annihilated or vice versa if you have the advantage when it comes to numbers. That's why you have BG and Arena where numbers are at least even.

Quote Originally Posted by Alecazam View Post
    The supply drops were cool, but after 8.0 their rewards became outdated and people stopped going for them.
    Conquest points never become outdated. I capped each week just from the drops and the zone assault.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

But what could make Warmode fun and engaging for everyone?
    Remove it and outdoor PvP entirely. It's an inherently faulty design that will never work properly, and not just for the reasons you mention.

What i would do is to remove faction imbalances on servers by removing friendly-fire- limitations. You can fight freely within your own faction but your own guild is off-limits.
    Faction capitals will be safe zones where PvP is banned. Outlaw-system where certain amount of kills gives you Notoriety that expires after certain time is added.

Everything not-soulbound and certain amount of gold is possible to drop when you are killed by player. Items of Uncommon rarity and up have lesser droprate. If you have Notoriety, that rate is higher. You can try to run back to your corpse and loot your stuff, or rez at nearest graveyard or faction capital.

Only Items of Epic quality and up are BoP. Everything else is BoE and can only be soulbinded in capitals if needed.

The only thing that I don't like about war mode is that sharding is clearly broken. You always either get 95% alliance shards or 95% horde shards, almost never in between. Might also have something to do with faction imbalance in war mode, though.

According to a lecture on youtube:
    A Free-for-all-PvP game with skill gameplay is a cursed design problem because to win it requires "politics" gameplay.
    While the fun of the game is supposed to come from "combat mastery" and "skill"...to win...it requires politics.
    So is considered a game design cursed problem.

Warmode saw some changes already.
    -The warmode pvp quests stopped counting if you are in a raid group.
    -Flightpath ganking doesnt count for completion of the quest

But what could make Warmode fun and engaging for everyone?

According to the lecture several game design choices can make it fun but there always needs to be a sacrifice.
    Sacrifice information, communication or even give in and focus more on the politics instead of skill.

What would you do to make warmode fun?
    This is the stupidest shit I have ever heard. Skill based? Anyone who says this game's PvP is skill based is an idiot. It's primarily rock paper scissors, secondarily based on ilvl, and then finally based on skill.

Politics? Yeah, sure, maybe in your wildest hopes and dreams while baked out of your mind and dropping acid.

Warmode is not fun, never has been, never will be, the same way PvP servers were nothing more than a living hell. Frankly PvP should be relegated to battlegrounds and arena where it belongs, no where else.

I hate to be the one to say it, but the invasions in BFA were a lot of fun for wpvp.

War mode in itself isn’t a bad idea, but Blizzard did nothing to help it it out other than buff reward incentives and screw up phasing. Give people a zone to fight for, a raid boss or two to control like vault, world quests, anything but ignore world content.

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Give people a zone to fight for, a raid boss or two to control like vault, world quests, anything but ignore world content.
    They tried that, and not enough people liked it. The PvE/PvP crossovers especially are generally not received well because they make either side feel like they HAVE to engage with the other whether they want to or not. That's why Blizzard largely stopped doing it.

And let's be clear: Blizzard would LOVE it if more people were into PvP. It's a developer's dream, because PvP content effectively creates itself to a much larger degree than PvE content could ever hope to. You give people a playground, and PvPers will play on their own, while PvErs just sit around moping until you put a new swing in that they'll try twice and then mope until you put in the next and the next etc.

But that just doesn't seem to be enough of WoW's demographic. WoW is the dungeons-and-raids game at this point and it's really hard to make it something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    I hate to be the one to say it, but the invasions in BFA were a lot of fun for wpvp.
    If you were Alliance, sure. It seemed like they had a permanent 30% buff for the entirety of the expansion. I can see why they moved away from that in SL. It encourages degeneracy.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Remove it and outdoor PvP entirely. It's an inherently faulty design that will never work properly, and not just for the reasons you mention.
    Remove Mythic Raiding. It's an inherently faulty design that will never work properly, and not just for the reasons the minimal amount of people doing it will claim otherwise.