Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

Question How did RDF ruined the social aspect??.

Dungeons are literally the lowest form of social interaction in WoW. Dungeons require very little if any communication to kill bosses. Most people in dungeons are looking for a quick in and out.

The fact it teleports you into the instance is such a small issue with the existence of flying and summoning. The proposed LFG tool doesn't fix any of the issues that RDF solves nor does it help foster "social interactions".

These are none issues in Wrath Classic, RDF on it's own is a fantastic tool that solves a major issue with older and irrelevant content.

IMO the best fix for the whole LFD thing would be to make it on a realm per realm basis each realm has its own LFG tool. The teleport thing is a must have IMO and this kills a lot of the fun in had in wrath originally just spamming LFG on my fresh characters to get geared to raid.

RDF = taking your mom to prom

it didnt

its just an excuse for people

You're correct on everything you're saying OP but you see, allowing casual players to get gear makes the gatekeepers feel less special. They need master looters to keep the rabble in their place, so by making it non-queued content they can control it more. WoW classic is being made for the elitists to continue their gatekeeping fantasies, we had proof of this right away and it keeps being confirmed time and time again.

Anyway what ruined WoW social interaction is what you're saying. Dungeons became about "get in and leave" because the reward systems stopped encouraging running a dungeon once, maybe twice, and instead encouraging spamming dungeons constantly when you hit max level. They gamified the system and people obviously followed suit.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    IMO the best fix for the whole LFD thing would be to make it on a realm per realm basis each realm has its own LFG tool. The teleport thing is a must have IMO and this kills a lot of the fun in had in wrath originally just spamming LFG on my fresh characters to get geared to raid.
    The teleport thing didn't even exist until the final patch of WOTLK over a year in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    The teleport thing didn't even exist until the final patch of WOTLK over a year in.
    I know and it allowed me to level 3 characters to max level and have 5 fully raid geared going into CATA.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    no. the teleport thing is not a must. You just want it because you're lazy. Play retail if you want to be lazy.

- - - Updated - - -

have you been living under a rock? Blizzard has specifically said they are going to come up with a system that rewards you for doing heroics later on. Obviously it's not needed at the start of Wrath.

"Community" is one of the biggest red herrings in WoW.

People have this romantic ideal of five strangers meeting in trade chat, embarking on this glorious journey together, and emerging as friends from the experience. It's a WoW after-school special that, simply put, NEVER HAPPENS, and never did.

The reality is that people have goals in mind, and they're getting together with other people to achieve those goals. This can be easier or harder, depending on the systems available. Making it harder doesn't suddenly melt the icy hearts of social isolates. It doesn't turn "OMG KICK THE NOOB" ragemongers into kinder, gentler people just because they now have to spend 20 minutes scouring chat and hopping on a flight path.

All this does is extend the lifetime of content by limiting how many dungeons people can do, and the only ones benefiting from this are Blizzard. The fact that the "but muh COMMUUUNIITEEEEE" white knights are flocking to support the phantasmagoric illusion of some kind of illustrious "community" that we all now get to graciously be embraced by as Blizzard "saves players from themselves" by forcing them to waste time is nothing but a cruel, twisted irony.

Quote Originally Posted by marulol View Post
    no. the teleport thing is not a must. You just want it because you're lazy. Play retail if you want to be lazy.

- - - Updated - - -

have you been living under a rock? Blizzard has specifically said they are going to come up with a system that rewards you for doing heroics later on. Obviously it's not needed at the start of Wrath.
    Naw, retail sucks. I would rather they just release Wrath as it was though, no LFG tool at start and release the normal LFG tool as it was originally released around TOC time. That way I can get my Heirlooms and spam dungeons to level the way I like to play, I loved how you could easily level via the dungeon finder tool as leveling at this point in the game is not content as it was in Vanilla/ Classic rather its just a chore needed to enjoy what I do love about the game and that is Dungeons and Raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    "Community" is one of the biggest red herrings in WoW.

People have this romantic ideal of five strangers meeting in trade chat, embarking on this glorious journey together, and emerging as friends from the experience. It's a WoW after-school special that, simply put, NEVER HAPPENS, and never did.

The reality is that people have goals in mind, and they're getting together with other people to achieve those goals. This can be easier or harder, depending on the systems available. Making it harder doesn't suddenly melt the icy hearts of social isolates. It doesn't turn "OMG KICK THE NOOB" ragemongers into kinder, gentler people just because they now have to spend 20 minutes scouring chat and hopping on a flight path.

All this does is extend the lifetime of content by limiting how many dungeons people can do, and the only ones benefiting from this are Blizzard. The fact that the "but muh COMMUUUNIITEEEEE" white knights are flocking to support the phantasmagoric illusion of some kind of illustrious "community" that we all now get to graciously be embraced by as Blizzard "saves players from themselves" by forcing them to waste time is nothing but a cruel, twisted irony.
    This right here.

Quote Originally Posted by storn206 View Post
    why not use this thread?
    Because most people want their opinion and thoughts to be the top/first post and the talk to be specifically on what they wrote.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

The bigger problem is xrealm, removed arenateams, flex raid ids.

Ofc this all is very very convinient and indont want them to change it back, but it all leads to: kicking people if they failes once. Kicking people if u finde someone better, leaving the group if u wipe/loosing etc. Peope dont feel forced to be part of a guild or fixed group, because they can look almost 24/7 for randoms and can go with them.

If would be nice if blizz gives fixed groups some bonuses. Like more loot, more rating, more points or whatever.

I'm pretty ambivalent on this topic; I wouldn't mind if WotLK Classic had it but I also understand Blizzard's decision to keep it out of Classic. They want the Classic and retail experiences to feel different and the RFD is one of those types of features which makes it feel a bit too much like retail. It's less about how social the act of completing a dungeon is and more about properly segmenting the experience each version of WoW provides its respective playerbase.

It didn't. They know it too. Or they wouldn't have had like every expansion since WotLK either expand or extend its life time going forward. If its really something that once out of the bottle it can never be put back in.. then well.. its already been let out (hint, re-release of a game) and also.. it probably means its highly desired by most players.

I feel this is just another example of them knowing best. Then we get to see the sad reversal sometime down the road with the follow up of "we will do a better job of listening to feedback" type of line. All the people trolling and shilling for RFDs removal will be queing up the same day they put it back in like they always wanted it. Over all a rather silly argument for them to make that it kills server communities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spoiler Alert: current dungeons are "less talky more killy" times
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by marulol View Post
    Whole teleporting thing is pointless anyway most people will be flying (or some will just avoid some dungeon due to the travel time at lower levels), and saying play retail is the dumbest thing out of all of this, Garbage class design on retail and can't play without blizzard garbage scaling, playing the shit-retail game is in no way a acceptable idea over playing the old design when it didn't suck.

Was it too much to just have them release LK and not some butchered version of their vision of what it should have been (they screwed up retail now they have to take a dump all over the older expansions now?)
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-08-10 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post
    it didnt

its just an excuse for people
    Exactly. People want to take every single feature that makes the game accessible and keeps it accessible and demonize it.

But here's a fun fact.. people who started playing WoW at release who were 18... are now at or approaching 36 now. The game has been out for half their lives at this point. These people have graduated high school, gotten a degree, maybe pursued a Masters/PhD, started careers, gotten married and started families, or any number of life changes that affects their ability to play. DO you think Blizzard is going to tell those people "Well, life changed and we don't really care, so if you can't play like you did when you were 18 too bad, so sad." and ignore them? No.

The decline in the "social" aspect of the game has nothing to do with LFD, LFR, etc. and everything to do with the players. They want to place the blame on their lack of effort on Blizzard rather than looking in the mirror and blaming the real culprit... themselves.

It didn't, just a meme from all the people who quit retail a decade ago

Have fun AFK flying to all your dungeons on your 100% same faction servers for immersive World PvP or whatever reason was given

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zugg zugg View Post
    Dungeons are literally the lowest form of social interaction in WoW. Dungeons require very little if any communication to kill bosses. Most people in dungeons are looking for a quick in and out.

The fact it teleports you into the instance is such a small issue with the existence of flying and summoning. The proposed LFG tool doesn't fix any of the issues that RDF solves nor does it help foster "social interactions".

These are none issues in Wrath Classic, RDF on it's own is a fantastic tool that solves a major issue with older and irrelevant content.
    unfortunately, at the time, the vast majority of the playerbase were so bad at the game that they couldn't complete most of the dungeons in the game, what RDF did at the time was expose the extreme minority of players who were competent, to the majority of players who couldn't string a set of abilities together in terms of rotation which caused extreme friction between players and the usual forum posts bashing on these low skilled players which is the big take away here.