it doesn't, you can argue how you want, whatever you want
    Classic isn't for EVERYONE

my god just go back to retail if you need that QOL
    It does need to return.

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexs View Post
    It does need to return.
    Why? We've already explained through several pages why it's not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Serpent View Post
    Why? We've already explained through several pages why it's not necessary.
    And people have explained why its needed (it's just as easy to ignore your side as you ignore the Pro-rdf side)

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    And people have explained why its needed (it's just as easy to ignore your side as you ignore the Pro-rdf side)
    It isn't needed, though. People claim it's needed, but it's not - they just want lazy, no-responsibility automated matchmaking.

The issues with lockouts and the generally shittiness of the LFG tool are valid, but you can address those without implementing RDF.

It isn't needed, though. People claim it's needed, but it's not - they just want lazy, no-responsibility automated matchmaking.

The issues with lockouts and the generally shittiness of the LFG tool are valid, but you can address those without implementing RDF.
    Right low server faction people unwilling to though more money at blizzard for transfers are just SOL, people wanting to level after the main run is over or run lower level dungeon SOL, right lazy because on my server when I played I did a who 30-50 and 2 other people came back and old bliz already proved they don't give a shit about those ending up there.

The only lazy people here is the ones that pug but have to pick their group because they suck and know they suck and need a carry (I tanked and DPS in LK the first time and never had any issues with random people 99% of the runs were fine. (lazy for not to wanting to hit the same dam up arrow over and over to repeat blah blah looking for blah blah, then afk fly to some dungeon, ya makes for a fun game).

*and not to mention a number of the mega server people that have already came out saying they'd at least consider a transfer if RDF existed.

So far you have "lazy" is the only reason not to have it huh... no wonder no one is listening to your "explanation"
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-10-04 at 06:02 PM.

My mage has every hc prebis item now, the df tool has some weird quirks they still have to fix but overall it was a nice experience.

Tbh I thought this would be like the tbcc experience at the start which was simply aids and required the bulletin board (which wasn't that great either at the start), I was wrong, no Issues to find a group and get going within 10 minutes.

Tbf once the hype dies down or more ppl are done with heroics this could take quite a bit longer of course, especially as pure dd class.

I'll be honest, I haven't noticed any difference from RDF while levelling. I've listed myself, left it a few minutes and been invited to whatever I queued for. There's an occasional whisper, and perhaps a "What dungeon was this for?" when you're invited, but other than that it mostly just feels like RDF but you have to fly there. Perhaps there's more gatekeeping nonsense at max but while levelling it feels very similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

7+ Year Old Account
    The ol laziness card oh man haven't heard that one before

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    The ol laziness card oh man haven't heard that one before
    Considering the #1 thing that players in the RDF queue would do while waiting for their group to form is tab onto this forum to complain about how "there's no sense of community" I think sometimes it's okay to call a spade a spade.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Considering the #1 thing that players in the RDF queue would do while waiting for their group to form is tab onto this forum to complain about how "there's no sense of community" I think sometimes it's okay to call a spade a spade.
    odd with RDF in LK I ran around the world, collecting mats and daily's while in queue, before if DPS stood around the meeting stone waiting, spamming chat can summon....
    sure you don't have it the other way around..?

Bloodsail Admiral
    1+ Year Old Account
    Right low server faction people unwilling to though more money at blizzard for transfers are just SOL, people wanting to level after the main run is over or run lower level dungeon SOL, right lazy because on my server when I played I did a who 30-50 and 2 other people came back and old bliz already proved they don't give a shit about those ending up there.

The only lazy people here is the ones that pug but have to pick their group because they suck and know they suck and need a carry (I tanked and DPS in LK the first time and never had any issues with random people 99% of the runs were fine. (lazy for not to wanting to hit the same dam up arrow over and over to repeat blah blah looking for blah blah, then afk fly to some dungeon, ya makes for a fun game).

*and not to mention a number of the mega server people that have already came out saying they'd at least consider a transfer if RDF existed.

So far you have "lazy" is the only reason not to have it huh... no wonder no one is listening to your "explanation"
    People probably shouldn't pick the low faction pop if they want reliable grouping, and they shouldn't play on megaservers if they don't want queues.

I'm not interested in trying to fix player behavior. People can stop being idiots on their own time. There's already enough bugs and oversights that Blizzard has to worry about fixing right now, RDF whiners can just play something else.

People probably shouldn't pick the low faction pop if they want reliable grouping, and they shouldn't play on megaservers if they don't want queues.

I'm not interested in trying to fix player behavior. People can stop being idiots on their own time. There's already enough bugs and oversights that Blizzard has to worry about fixing right now, RDF whiners can just play something else.
    what brand crystal ball you use so I can use it to pick my server if I ever start playing again?

(and some morons wonder why some people don't want to take ole Bliz up the free transfers)
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-10-04 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    "Community" is one of the biggest red herrings in WoW.

People have this romantic ideal of five strangers meeting in trade chat, embarking on this glorious journey together, and emerging as friends from the experience. It's a WoW after-school special that, simply put, NEVER HAPPENS, and never did.

The reality is that people have goals in mind, and they're getting together with other people to achieve those goals. This can be easier or harder, depending on the systems available. Making it harder doesn't suddenly melt the icy hearts of social isolates. It doesn't turn "OMG KICK THE NOOB" ragemongers into kinder, gentler people just because they now have to spend 20 minutes scouring chat and hopping on a flight path.

All this does is extend the lifetime of content by limiting how many dungeons people can do, and the only ones benefiting from this are Blizzard. The fact that the "but muh COMMUUUNIITEEEEE" white knights are flocking to support the phantasmagoric illusion of some kind of illustrious "community" that we all now get to graciously be embraced by as Blizzard "saves players from themselves" by forcing them to waste time is nothing but a cruel, twisted irony.
    Oh, you must have had a very poor gaming experience. I met lots of people (from both factions) in Vanilla when leveling, questing, running dungeons and later on raiding and we kept in contact for years to come. Of cause you also had people that created drama or other dropping out and disappearing for different reasons but even 17+ years later, I still have contact with some of them. I didn't join WoW with RL friends but met lots of different people, having fun together for years to come.
    Back in Vanilla, running dungeons with people meant they actually went out of their way to contact me for dungeon runs, wanting to do Rank 14 and raiding.

Classic brought back some of this, also with some old friends returning, but the endgame min/max quickly burned me out quickly, as it was simply not the same as back in the day. Also because the old friends didn't raid but play more casual this time around.

Still prefer looking for people in IF over signing up in a list to be put together with random strangers barely saying Hi and Bye.

odd with RDF in LK I ran around the world, collecting mats and daily's while in queue, before if DPS stood around the meeting stone waiting, spamming chat can summon....
    Oh I forgot. Your anecdotal experience > my anecdotal experience.

Oh I forgot. Your anecdotal experience > my anecdotal experience.
    oh people have to stand around in the city while queue....... oh wait they don't so if they stand around in the city with or without RDF its entirely up to the players and this comment:

was stupid any which way you look at it......

10+ Year Old Account
    Spoiler Alert: It didn't. Xrealm and realm merging did that. Anyone who says otherwise is just flat out wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phob View Post
    It didn't, The players ruined the social aspect of the game. I mean If people actually cared about a social aspect there wouldn't be GDKPs going on. No one cares about anyone but themselves these days, everyone does their dungeons for themselves. Everyone does their raids for themselves, No one cares what you want, they only care about what they get out of it. The game used to be about getting together and killing dragons and other shit, Today its about let me see how much gear I can get and "let me get dat".
    This is also a sad truth.

oh people have to stand around in the city while queue....... oh wait they don't so if they stand around in the city with or without RDF its entirely up to the players and this comment:

was stupid any which way you look at it......
    Buddy, please look up the concept of sarcasm and get back to me. You're exhausting.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only social interaction in dungeons is "123" at the very start when it forms.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Buddy, please look up the concept of sarcasm and get back to me. You're exhausting.
    so no real issue with having RDF other than "sarcasm" good we have that covered....

*didn't think you really had anything to add to the conversation anyway, glad you confirmed it.

so no real issue with having RDF other than "sarcasm" good we have that covered....
    I have an issue that people who are bitching about not having the RDF are often the same fucking people who complain about how social interaction in the game is dead. People lack critical thinking and I was making light of it since the guy I quoted took issue with somebody calling those in favor of the RDF lazy.