Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

[SPOILERS] Ysera in Dragonflight

So, they are apparently going to kill Malfurion to bring Ysera back
    Jesus, they are mentally bankrupt

What was the point of killing her in the first place
    What is the point of showing Merithra if she's just going to do nothing

Lmao, they really wanted to keep kicking night elves while they are down. And I'm saying this as a troll main.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

hopefully there'll be more to it, explaining why it's so important to get Ysera back instead of replacing her like they did with Malygos and why the same thing couldn't allow say the Twilights Hammer to resurrect Deathwing or Malygos the same way (after all, they too may have been wild seeds after their deaths)

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    (after all, they too may have been wild seeds after their deaths)
    They weren't tied to the Dream though.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    What was the point of killing her in the first place
    Cheap emotional shock value, if they do go down this route with a cinematic to boot, I will have another great comedy clip to watch

5+ Year Old Account
    What! Why kill Malfurion?! What nonsense is that? Is this real? Who exactly will have to kill him and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    What! Why kill Malfurion?! What nonsense is that? Is this real? Who exactly will have to kill him and why?
    The angle is basically the Winter Queen will have what is owed to her, for saving Ysera one way or another.

I don't give a fuck about Malfurion and he's mostly been a downside on the narrative who should've kicked it in BFA at latest, so I can't really get outraged over it. Especially since if he's going to Ardenweald it won't stick any more than Ysera's did. Not even fucking Muradin could stay dead. But it is pointless and in general DF's massive walkback of the deemphasizing of Dragons over time is a mistake. That a lot of the Aspects died in half-assed contrived ways doesn't mean that they need to be brought back any more than the infertility of dragons based on a dumb prophecy means we need an entire expansion about letting them fuck again.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

This must be some of that "renewal" Elune offered. Meanwhile the Alliance is sending workers, materials, and the PC to help rebuild the Undercity.

If you are a Night Elf fan, stop paying these hacks. They hold you in complete and utter contempt.

@Super Dickmann I say yet again, Shadowlands was a mistake. Death is completely irrelevant now. Even if that wasn't the case, SL was retcons or flat out rewrites galore. It shouldn't surprise anyone that DF will be more of that.
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2022-08-10 at 12:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    This must be some of that "renewal" Elune offered.
    Yeah, this is completely insane. I am honestly thinking now of nuking that moon. I thought the seed was supposed to be a gift for our actions in Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2022-08-10 at 12:13 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    we need an entire expansion about letting them fuck again.
    Im sure several people would be interested in an expansion like that
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Yeah, this is completely insane. I am honestly thinking now of nuking that moon.
    Elune died the minute Danuser got his hands on her. Put the blame where it belongs.

Anyone who tries to claim after SL that the writers aren't Horde biased is delusional.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2022-08-10 at 05:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Yeah, this is completely insane. I am honestly thinking now of nuking that moon. I thought the seed was supposed to be a gift for our actions in Shadowlands.
    Things like this is why power without sentience is always preferable over a deity, even if it isn't as strong.

5+ Year Old Account
    Elune died the minute Danuser got his hands on her. Put the blame where it belongs.

Anyone who tries to claim after SL that the writers aren't Horde biased is delusional.
    Yeah, it’s the damn narrative that destroys our favorite characters. You are right. One mortal soul sacrifice is minimal compared to the whole universe, but still it’s kinda stupid. Why Malfurion? It could be just someone else completely random.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2022-08-10 at 05:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

I think its more of a hate boner against nelves. The horde gets nothing out of this

When I said that I wanted Malfurion involved, this isn't what I meant...

I do not dislike Malfurion but he is simply too powerful imo to be just walking around. Him and many others like him need to be knocked out. This is also very in character for him.

He makes sense because he's basically a demigod. I'm assuming that's on the same level as an aspect almost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Not a great turn of events in my view, but I'd opt to wait and see if this proves true given that I can't find any real provenance for this information save for a Reddit post.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Yeah, it’s the damn narrative that destroys our favorite characters. You are right. One mortal soul sacrifice is minimal compared to the whole universe, but still it’s kinda stupid. Why Malfurion. It could be someone else.
    Being the greatest druid, since sliced bread, one of her beloved students, she sacrficed herself for him and other such flimsy excuses yadda yadda

It is kinda insulting to Ysera as well, Malfurion should most certainly should not be worth as much as her, so this whole thing isn't even an equivalent exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    The horde gets nothing out of this
    Maybe another Questline with Tyrande whining about him?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Not a great turn of events in my view, but I'd opt to wait and see if this proves true given that I can't find any real provenance for this information save for a Reddit post.
    Agreed. This can be some random trolling. It’s so hard to believe this is true. It’s too irrational.

They really forgot about Merithra and said 'here's Ysera, we're taking Malfurion'.

If you needed a green dragonflight leader literally the daughter of Ysera is there.