Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Agreed. This can be some random trolling. It’s so hard to believe this is true. It’s too irrational.
    It fits blizz writing style quite well though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Agreed. This can be some random trolling. It’s so hard to believe this is true. It’s too irrational.
    Oh, I could believe it was true easily enough - but it also sounds a little too much like something created to annoy people, as well. Malfurion is a pretty beloved character, and stuffing him into the cooler like this wouldn't be a good development in my view.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Not a great turn of events in my view, but I'd opt to wait and see if this proves true given that I can't find any real provenance for this information save for a Reddit post.
    There's also this.

https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...13553278783488

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    So, they are apparently going to kill Malfurion to bring Ysera back
    Jesus, they are mentally bankrupt

What was the point of killing her in the first place
    What is the point of showing Merithra if she's just going to do nothing

Lmao, they really wanted to keep kicking night elves while they are down. And I'm saying this as a troll main.
    To fulfill the narrative. Dont you know anything about writing? Plot exists to move the story forward , not just to reach and end. A red herring plot can exist to create tension or exposition or conflict that instigates or detracts.

Ysera dying was tragic because it was sudden, because she was beloved and because it was such a violation and against their will, them finding a way to heal and doing so through the intentional willing sacrifice of one who loves her is a fitting thing.

I dont know whwre u get the idea that a character dying has to be aome atory stopping thing. Especially in a high fantasy setting.

Literally they are just swapping ysera and malfurions polarity. Malfurion a sl entity ysera a mortal realm one. Its no different than the 20 epiaodes of star trek where a transporter shifts someone out of phase
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

7+ Year Old Account
    Not a great turn of events in my view, but I'd opt to wait and see if this proves true given that I can't find any real provenance for this information save for a Reddit post.
    It is a datamined dialogue
    https://wow.tools/dbc/diff.php?dbc=b...w=10.0.0.44999
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Yeah, it’s the damn narrative that destroys our favorite characters. You are right. One mortal soul sacrifice is minimal compared to the whole universe, but still it’s kinda stupid. Why Malfurion? It could be just someone else completely random.
    Pretty simple. Sylvie's goal of killing Malfurion is accomplished, so the Narrative gets revenge for the waifu.

I think its more of a hate boner against nelves. The horde gets nothing out of this
    See you in the rebuilt Undercity, courtesy of the Alliance.

Night Elves have been the most popular or second most popular Alliance playable race since 2004. If Dwarves held that spot, you'd see these writers blowing up Ironforge via the Horde, having the murdered Dwarves go to Hell, then obliterate themselves in a vague promise the story will stop shitting on them for a few minutes. They were lucky enough to be made comic relief and forgotten by the writers.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2022-08-10 at 05:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

If this is correct, it looks like it's not necessarily about power equity as it is fixing the balance of a former aspect taking the bullet for Malfurion in legion. Unsure if that makes more practical or not.

Gonna be honest, I love it. Malfurion's been a useless character since the day he was brought back into the game, there's no way to make characters like him and Velen work with Blizzard's writing, they've even said so themselves years ago. They were never going to use him for anything else, and at that point I'd rather the character be dead than left to collect dust. Doesn't take anything away from Ysera's death because we still lose him, it's cool. The whole "Blizzard hates Night Elves" crowd is cringe so no point in even taking that into account, besides Tyrande isn't going anywhere and she's always been the real face of the Night Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Night Elves have been the most popular or second most popular Alliance playable race since 2004. If Dwarves held that spot, you'd see these writers blowing up Ironforge via the Horde, having the murdered Dwarves go to Hell, then obliterate themselves in a vague promise the story will stop shitting on them for a few minutes. They were lucky enough to be made comic relief and forgotten by the writers.
    Night elves should have never been in the Alliance to begin with, they should have kicked the teeth out of orcs and humans alike, being an unplayable faction, much like the dragon flights, since they were protectors of the globe and could have actually acted in that manner, instead they were reduced to a subservient race to humans.

This neutered them, since they could no longer overshadow their human overlords.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Gonna be honest, I love it. Malfurion's been a useless character since the day he was brought back into the game, there's no way to make characters like him and Velen work with Blizzard's writing, they've even said so themselves years ago. They were never going to use him for anything else, and at that point I'd rather the character be dead than left to collect dust. Doesn't take anything away from Ysera's death because we still lose him, it's cool.
    It does inflict more pain upon Tyrande and the night elves I think

I mean, sure, Shadowlands is a mage portal away. But id rather have them focusing on Merithra
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Night elves should have never been in the Alliance to begin with, they should have kicked the teeth out of orcs and humans alike, being an unplayable faction, much like the dragon flights, since they were protectors of the globe and could have actually acted in that manner, instead they were reduced to a subservient race to humans.

This neutered them, since they could no longer overshadow their human overlords.
    You're preaching to the choir, brother.

The devs wanted playable Scourge, as all materials like pictures of whiteboards back then called the Forsaken. They stuffed them in the Horde because "duuuuuuuuuuude, cooooooooooool!" and shoved Night Elves in the Alliance to "balance" it. Both races suffered for being included in the faction nonsense.

There's been many threads here how if they wanted to make Night Elves or "Scourge" there should have been more than two factions.

The whole "Blizzard hates Night Elves" crowd is cringe so no point in even taking that into account
    Nice to know you haven't been paying attention since 2004, or at least since Cata ramped up the hate.
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2022-08-10 at 12:38 PM.
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Gonna be honest, I love it. Malfurion's been a useless character since the day he was brought back into the game, there's no way to make characters like him and Velen work with Blizzard's writing, they've even said so themselves years ago. They were never going to use him for anything else, and at that point I'd rather the character be dead than left to collect dust. Doesn't take anything away from Ysera's death because we still lose him, it's cool. The whole "Blizzard hates Night Elves" crowd is cringe so no point in even taking that into account, besides Tyrande isn't going anywhere and she's always been the real face of the Night Elves.
    Considering what she says at the end there I doubt that. They are planning to kill her off. I wish I was wrong.

As for Ysera, her coming back is what takes away from her death. So on one hand we lose Malfurion and on the other we get Ysera back which wasn't needed at all and could've had Merithra on the spotlight instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    If that's a link to the text, it doesn't appear on the page. Either way, if true it's a bad development I personally dislike, and if it proves fake or if its Alpha/Beta story that changes at Live, then that's to the good.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

If that's a link to the text, it doesn't appear on the page. Either way, if true it's a bad development I personally dislike, and if it proves fake or if its Alpha/Beta story that changes at Live, then that's to the good.
    Hopefully they change it. They've changed story parts like that before in the past iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Considering what she says at the end there I doubt that. They are planning to kill her off. I wish I was wrong.

As for Ysera, her coming back is what takes away from her death. So on one hand we lose Malfurion and on the other we get Ysera back which wasn't needed at all and could've had Merithra on the spotlight instead.
    Lets be fair both Tyrande and Malfurion are detrimental to the night elves at this point, the night elves need new leadership to get them back up, the problem here is killing malfurion in a way that does not really benefit his people, but have Ysera back for convenience.

Tyrande and malfurion should go out with a bang, while ensuring a tangible future for their people.

The angle is basically the Winter Queen will have what is owed to her, for saving Ysera one way or another.
    The queen is still greatly indebted to the Kaldorei for the anima she was given that did not belong to her and the Powers of the Night War they used to save her kingdom.

Can we kill her and put ar Broswandi in her place?

Oh, I could believe it was true easily enough - but it also sounds a little too much like something created to annoy people, as well. Malfurion is a pretty beloved character, and stuffing him into the cooler like this wouldn't be a good development in my view.
    So it sounds like it's something Blizzard would do.

Lets be fair both Tyrande and Malfurion are detrimental to the night elves at this point, the night elves need new leadership to get them back up, the problem here is killing malfurion in a way that does not really benefit his people, but have Ysera back for convenience.

Tyrande and malfurion should go out with a bang, while ensuring a tangible future for their people.
    They're not detrimental, any new leaders will be given the exact same treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    The queen is still greatly indebted to the Kaldorei for the anima she was given that did not belong to her and the Powers of the Night War they used to save her kingdom.

Can we kill her and put ar Broswandi in her place?
    That anima belonged to her, Elune send it to her after all it is the sole purpose of living, dying and fueling actual eternity.

Bwonsamedi makes far more sinister deals, the Winter Queen at least immediately told Ysera she would be bound to her realm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    They're not detrimental, any new leaders will be given the exact same treatment.
    You do have a point, consider it mercy killing then, because these two are beyond pathetic at this point.

So, they are apparently going to kill Malfurion to bring Ysera back
    Jesus, they are mentally bankrupt

What was the point of killing her in the first place
    What is the point of showing Merithra if she's just going to do nothing

Lmao, they really wanted to keep kicking night elves while they are down. And I'm saying this as a troll main.
    Where did they show Merithra? And explicitly/ confirm it was her?

That anima belonged to her, Elune send it to her after all it is the sole purpose of living, dying and fueling actual eternity.

Bwonsamedi makes far more sinister deals, the Winter Queen at least immediately told Ysera she would be bound to her realm.
    Truly. Elune tells us that she sent the Kaldorei to save her.
    So there are two options. Either he let them die on purpose (so they deserve their lives) or the Kaldorei don't go to Shadowland when they die. Thing that in a dialogue between Elune and The Winter Queen seems to be the Cannon.

PS: What claims does Broswandi deal with? More compared to the "night warrior" ritual. You gain nothing and lose everything.
    Last edited by geco; 2022-08-10 at 12:47 PM.