Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Fuck off Malfuron, it's wamanz time to shine!

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Now more serious. The two short novels before BFA make it clear that they can develop new characters and make an interesting story beyond "Salvador Anduin". That they don't want to do it is another matter.
    Sometimes the choices are questionable. Shadowlands in a "land of the dead" was a weird choice to begin with. What was even weirder was the route they took at the beginning of it all. It feels like there is spite within the company sometimes, hence some people haven't let the Night Elves go. (Which I have been pleading for quite some time for them to do.)

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    You know I'm starting to think Arthas not really playing much of a part at all in Shadowlands was a good thing. This writing kind of surprises me that they didn't.
    Everyone said this. We can pretend like they didn't. Arthas would've been smeared as much as Sylvanas, Anduin and the Night Elves. (They really did) It's no offense to them but it was some of the worst storytelling I seen in the franchise due to that expansion.

As for the Menethils in general and trying to play off nostalgia. They could've just focused on Lordaeron and Eastern Kingdoms to have a story that related more to their audience. Gave Sylvanas a proper ending arc set up the Forsaken Council properly in the process. They act like they don't know the audience yet we get random items like this ingame.

Instead they do a sloppy one minute cleanup near the end of the expansion.

I'm just giving my own opinion of what I feel like would've been a better expansion and ring true to the audience. (I can be mistaken but I have doubts about this compared to what we received..) Giving Sylvanas a proper ending. Setting up the council and giving them remodels. Like Deathstalker Commander, or Master Apothecary Faranell for example oh and don't kill them off in the process. Let's be real another case of a character that probably would've been more interesting if they actually kept alive is Grand Apothecary Putress.

(No they don't have to look this but giving ideas of lots of things they could do.)

A long with setting up other council members. (Always getting set up for success) Voss needs a remodel too btw, better armor. Calia's model is fine it is pretty new. Keep those SoD vibes. I really did love that raid. Shout out to Painsmith and someone showing me this fanart.

Scarlets have recuperated and are back. Would've amplified that expansion by 100%.

Could've gave the Worgen some shout outs (obvious reasons obvious) and Greymane proper revenge. The only way I feel it might've suffered was staying on the Forsaken too long kinda like Orcs with WoD. They could've found other things to implement to add more variety. Still my suggestion of what Shadowlands "could've been" and giving proper tribute to Arthas in the process because duh Lordaeron. Would've probably spoke to the audience in a more excited way.

So while the company seems to act like the customers, the demands are more of a nuisance and downfall of the game. (sometimes) Remember that it is on you that picked vampires and fairies. To go in another dimension/realm and not utilize it properly. I am not surprised that people are still appalled by the writing in Shadowlands. I been over it but it doesn't mean it is not justified.

I have been giving my honest opinion tho. I feel the longer they draw out a character's story or a race the worse it has been. No I am not impressed with your shock value deaths of characters either and I have expressed how it hurts the franchise. Don't go back into the realm of death or undead characters again either. You had your shot. (Not to say there wasn't redeemable things from the expansion but that it just me.) Still time to move on. By the Light I wish they could just move on with the Night Elves too..
    Last edited by Icelin; 2022-08-12 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    Sometimes the choices are questionable. Shadowlands in a "land of the dead" was a weird choice to begin with. What was even weirder was the route they took at the beginning of it all. It feels like there is spite within the company sometimes, hence some people haven't let the Night Elves go. (Which I have been pleading for quite some time for them to do.)
    I was still referring to characters like Dalarin and even the new Horde PCs were good. I liked the Orca and many didn't like the Elfo.

Then Blizzard throws all these PCs in the trash and keeps Calia.

It is more if we think about it. With the Zandalari the Horde could have gained 3 "character level power Gods" but Blizzard decided to kill them.
    Last edited by geco; 2022-08-12 at 04:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope we get a cinematic where Malfurion shouts "Tyraaaaaande, I neeeeeeed you" like he did in Legion.

Oh, this is the lore section. Right.

Horrible bad writing, something something bad, something something Danuser, something something trash etc.
    Hi

I am fine with this
    But the plot would have been much better if malfurion had to die to bring back to life all the night elf souls.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Wait people still think that was Malfurion and not Xavius fucking with Tyrande?
    Malfurion was also there, besides he also lend hes voice for that display. Not sure which was worse.. Tyrande or Malfurion. Have you ever truly loved some one as I champion? /barf.

Lets just be honest, there is not much that we miss if hes gone. Tyrande has been the face for the NE for a very long time. Malfurion just isnt that interesting and hes been off and on sleeping in dens for most of the time. Way to let your lover know hes got better things to do.

Trading him for Ysera is giving the devs an chance to make malfurion hopefully cooler in everyway when he gets back from the shadowlands.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-08-14 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Malfurion was also there, besides he also lend hes voice for that display. Not sure which was worse.. Tyrande or Malfurion. Have you ever truly loved some one as I champion? /barf.

Lets just be honest, there is not much that we miss if hes gone. Tyrande has been the face for the NE for a very long time. Malfurion just isnt that interesting and hes been off and on sleeping in dens for most of the time. Way to let your lover know hes got better things to do.

Trading him for Ysera is giving the devs an chance to make malfurion hopefully cooler in everyway when he gets back from the shadowlands.
    Exactly. Malfurion spent first 3 expansions in the Dream, now spending some time in Ardenweald makes no difference. Tyrande has better potential.

Also, he can at least learn Convoke from night fae.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should've taken Tyrande too honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    So, they are apparently going to kill Malfurion to bring Ysera back
    Jesus, they are mentally bankrupt

What was the point of killing her in the first place
    What is the point of showing Merithra if she's just going to do nothing

Lmao, they really wanted to keep kicking night elves while they are down. And I'm saying this as a troll main.
    Ardenweald zone feels like they are replacing Malfurion - it's so weird, you ahvet his big nature connected zone and he is completley absent.

it was the perfect opportunity to actually write them working together, and well for the firs ttime since the War of the ancients - rather than either just missing themsleves, or one helping the other who is trapped .

Malfurion could easily play a secondary role, but the nature consultant role with Ysera, while Tyrande continues in her Elune night warrior thing - his absence was very telling - and i immediately felt something fishy was going on.

. off course, if they had made it cringe again, then they'd have got a lot of flak, but that shouldn't deter them...

I guess the narrative while important, isn't important enough to. Ah well.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2022-08-14 at 07:51 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Exactly. Malfurion spent first 3 expansions in the Dream, now spending some time in Ardenweald makes no difference. Tyrande has better potential.

Also, he can at least learn Convoke from night fae.
    If I were the winterqueen I would save up that magic and not waste it on a guy that will leave straight after to take a nap in a den.

I mean that does give them time to think about him. He has always been this odd character in wow, because in the actual story hes just way to powerfull. Hes is gone as they dont know what to do with them.

Malfurion last cool thing he did, was showing up in the forest in bfa and rooting an orc to death, while actually he could have been of much greater help if they let him.

I could see him return, but honestly.. they need to come up with something real good for me to care.

Terrible writing, why not just make up some bs where they open a portal for Ysera or I dont know create an Avatar for her on Azeroth. Stop destroying well known characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodzilla View Post
    Terrible writing, why not just make up some bs where they open a portal for Ysera or I dont know create an Avatar for her on Azeroth. Stop destroying well known characters.
    Malfurion being trapped in Ardenweald for a time isn't "destroying his character" any more than Malfurion being trapped in the Emerald Dream for years on end destroyed it. It's still a bad deal on his part, in my opinion, but it by no means deletes him from the narrative.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Honestly.... Id happily Trade Malfurion for ysera any dday of the week While its a Huge shame Merithra, wont have a chance to shine and Lead the Flight (unless Ysera doesnt become the leader again)
    Malfurion just hasnt been that great of a character for a long time he was "Okay" with Cata, but Legion really made me hate him, made hima Whiney character

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    Honestly.... Id happily Trade Malfurion for ysera any dday of the week While its a Huge shame Merithra, wont have a chance to shine and Lead the Flight (unless Ysera doesnt become the leader again)
    Malfurion just hasnt been that great of a character for a long time he was "Okay" with Cata, but Legion really made me hate him, made hima Whiney character
    I feel the same in regard to Merithra, as I'd much rather see her character explored than have Ysera resume her role as if her sacrifice in Legion never happened and meant nothing. As for Malfurion, I'm less concerned about him specifically and more the notion of the Kaldorei sacrificing a leader for a third party without any kind of direct benefit to them, especially on the heels of them having sacrificed so much previously.

As for Malfurion being "whiny," that wasn't Malfurion who was crying for Tyrande in Val'Sharah - it was Xavius pretending to be Malfurion, basically mocking both him and Tyrande in the process. Malfurion, when we finally encounter him again in Darkheart Thicket, isn't whiny at all and is actively threatening Xavius.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    but Legion really made me hate him, made hima Whiney character
    I can understand if it made you dislike Tyrande for falling for that shit, but Malfurion, did not whine.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I feel the same in regard to Merithra, as I'd much rather see her character explored than have Ysera resume her role as if her sacrifice in Legion never happened and meant nothing. As for Malfurion, I'm less concerned about him specifically and more the notion of the Kaldorei sacrificing a leader for a third party without any kind of direct benefit to them, especially on the heels of them having sacrificed so much previously.

As for Malfurion being "whiny," that wasn't Malfurion who was crying for Tyrande in Val'Sharah - it was Xavius pretending to be Malfurion, basically mocking both him and Tyrande in the process. Malfurion, when we finally encounter him again in Darkheart Thicket, isn't whiny at all and is actively threatening Xavius.

Oh yea true, I always forget about the Fake things the guy did to mess with Tyrannde. But i havent been a fan of Mally, since wc3 I just feel in Wow he has always been a underused character or underpowered based on what he used to be able to do

But again Id really love Merithra time to grow, Since I believe we saw her in a questline i forget which trying her ebst to fill Big shoes. So if ysera does come back id like to see it as mroe a supportive role being like "Passing the touch to a new generation"

I feel Blizzard keeps equalling the mayor deaths between the Horde and the Alliance for some reason. Just to make it feel equal between the factions. Which is stupid.

It would fit in more with the Orcs that they lose more men. Since they fight till the end for Honour.

Night Elfs(or elven who knows), should be more calculated.

But that said. Bringing back Ysera might be a good thing, since the circle of Ardenweald, Emerald Dream and the living. Is kinda her thing. But killing of a mayor character for it? Even though the Night Elven people have been beaten down in like the whole history of WoW. Lose after lose after lose. First they lose a lot in Ashenvale and Dark Shore during Cata. Then they lose there capital because of Sylvanas, Elune taught she will fuel Ardenweald with not intercepting. Which completely fails and all those pore Night Elven souls send to the Maw. Which is a lose again.

Then we defeat the Jailer we help the Shadowlands by stopping the draught. A lot of Night Elfs sacrifice themself for the gift of the Queen(World Tree I hope). Kinda another lose since all those souls can't return to Azeroth.

And now let's kick the Night Elven fans another time in the nuts by killing the most powerful Night Elf just to get Ysera back. I feel like they should have written the story, that the Shadowlands as of a whole helps Azeroth by sacrificing a bit of Enema, as thanks for helping out with the Jailer. If not the whole, just Ardenweald.

I also think Ysera is required for using the Gift of the Queen.

Here is my hope for the Night Elven story in DF. They plant the Gift, Ysera will empower it(even though she lost a lot of power in Cata). Where the Bronze Dragonflight will make the Gift grows faster, by manipulating the time it self around the location. The new World Tree will be a proper mayor city in the end of Dragonflight. Just like Darnassus where the leaders of the Night Elfs and there most closest allies will be located. Furbolg, Dryad, Ancients etc.. With all the features a capital got to has. Which will be used in the future in later xpacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I hope we get a cinematic where Malfurion shouts "Tyraaaaaande, I neeeeeeed you" like he did in Legion.

Oh, this is the lore section. Right.

Horrible bad writing, something something bad, something something Danuser, something something trash etc.
    God forbid not everyone sang praises to St. Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

5+ Year Old Account
    I just don’t understand why Ysera is so important that she has to come back. What makes her so special? There are plenty of green dragons out there. Perhaps she has been granted some special powers by the Titans. I played Hearthstone yesterday, and I noticed Kyrian Tyrande's card, which I found weird. It would be interesting if it was an actual spoiler. Imagine Tyrande cannot accept Malfurions’ departure, gives away her soul and follows him to the Shadowlands. That, of course, makes Elune angry, so she won't be placed in the Forest Kingdom but in Bastion instead.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2022-08-17 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I just don’t understand why Ysera is so important that she has to come back. What makes her so special? There is plenty of green dragons out there. Perhaps she has some special powers granted by the Titans.
    I'd say because they are too lazy to write a new character, despite the fact Ysera has pretty much no depth and they try to emote feelings from this "great meaningful sacrifice" to bring her back