Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I'd say because they are too lazy to write a new character, despite the fact Ysera has pretty much no depth and they try to emote feelings from this "great meaningful sacrifice" to bring her back

Yeah, we have experienced this in the Shadowlands a lot. I can’t believe I wasted so much energy on the cosmic story, which seemed to be so exciting, only to experience the ending cinematic that was a total disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Yeah, we have experienced this in the Shadowlands a lot. I can’t believe I wasted so much energy on the cosmic story, which seemed to be so exciting, only to experience the ending cinematic that was a total disappointment.
    Well they have done this shit pretty much from the get go, throw characters under the bus realize oh shit we don't really have a replacement lets burn some more and then bring some back.

All the while piling screentime on a handful of characters.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Well they have done this shit pretty much from the get go, throw characters under the bus realize oh shit we don't really have a replacement lets burn some more and then bring some back.

All the while piling screentime on a handful of characters.
    They could just create a new, cool-looking green dragon to replace Ysera. Make up an interesting story with a completely new character development narrative, just like we had with Tharlyssra in Suramar.

They could just create a new, cool-looking green dragon to replace Ysera. Make up an interesting story with a completely new character development narrative, just like we had with Tharlyssra in Suramar.
    I mean they could bring her daughter to the same status of development, with pretty much 10 lines of dialogue, that is pretty much the depth of Ysera's character, but then were is the cheap emotional sucker punch? Generally speaking from what I have seen from the story of Dragonflight so far, it is an absolute snoozefest in my opinion. Not to mention the glaring inconsistencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Elune died the minute Danuser got his hands on her. Put the blame where it belongs.

Anyone who tries to claim after SL that the writers aren't Horde biased is delusional.
    Does someone wanna let this guy know the horde has been written even worse for years now? We went from a horde of misfit races with moral ambiguity, to alliance in green skin.

We’ve cycled through half a dozen warchiefs in the time they’ve had one new king, and the only one who acted like a true war chief… got turned into a raid boss.

Imagine being a pro garrosh and pro evil horde player, who’s now told he has to sack his city and kill his war chief. For an entire year.

The second warchief to embrace the true essence of warchief was sylvanas, and they ruined her cuz they couldn’t think of a way to write a horde that wasn’t all sunshine and lollipops again

Yea, spare us the alliance tears. Story wise, blizz clearly favors them or they wouldn’t be turning horde slowly into the alliance
    Last edited by justandulas; 2022-08-17 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    well shit...
    They have changed story idea before between Alpha and release for multiple reasons including fan outcry. If you hate it, do your best to make it clear you hate it.

- - - Updated - - -

They went to the trouble of giving Merithra a storyline in BfA. We quested with her, saw her despair and feeling of impotence in preserving her flight against the lingering Nightmare, helped her save some of her people and then saw her interact with Alexstrasza and gain new confidence, even saw her interested on the role of the Dragonflights and whether they should be guiding the mortal races or just passively observing. All that happened in BfA; they made the effort to have them happen and in a storyline that most players would have experienced at least once doing their Heart of Azeroth quests.

Merithra probably had more character development than her mother ever did within WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Story wise, blizz clearly favors them or they wouldn’t be turning horde slowly into the alliance
    Blizz favors neither faction. They favor their individual pet characters and seem to bicker over them. The factions and the world are disposable assets used to prop up their soap opera.

I just don’t understand why Ysera is so important that she has to come back. What makes her so special?
    Since she kinda made the created with Freya the Emerald Dream which is linked to Ardenweald. With the cycle of life and death and life again.

It would kinda make sense she is one of the creators of this cycle, that she uses it to get back. But killing of Malfurion for it? Feels cheap.

I think she will be a mayor part in the Gift of the Winter Queen, that it won't become a proper World Tree without her blessing/enchantment. I think Blizzard will tell the story like she is taught by the Titans how to do this spell and she never taught anyone is. I would agree with you if that sounds like a stupid way of getting her back.

I personal would love that they start hinting Ysera is coming back. The Winter Queen is using her powers to speed up the cycle between the Emerald Dream and Ardenweald. Let's say normally it takes 100 (just a guess) years to go from AW to ED, now it takes like 5.

That when there is a clash between nature and some other force she will show up. As part of the story building.

Rather than kill Malfurion off - i mean..such an important character has been GROSSLY udnderused, same with TYrande) - why not show them in sitautaitons they havne't odne.

e.g.

Malf and Tyrande actually teaming up - rather than one being a victim an the other trying to rescue them

Why not have Illidan and Malfurion re-union then teaming up in some imba way?

Why not have Malfurion return a little in the future, and Illidan and Tyrande actually connect and fall in love.. and oops.. then Malfurion returns?

So much they could do - they don't use him well, haven't shown exciting things - remember when illidan returned? Thankfully we got that clsoing quest, but we shoudl have seen them together in action against the legion.

Notice, we've not really seen cool moments of them teaming up. Tyrande's Night warrior stuff has been actually the only real cool moment of that character in all of WOW. Malfurion didn't really get a moment in WoW.. fortunately Illidan got one in Legion. But not Malfurion. HE got one in WC3 but most wow players never seen that, don't even know how that ended. The rest of their moments have ben in the books a fraction of the community has read - and it's that fraction that likes them or will miss them.. because in the game they've been pretty uselesss - and that's not the character's fault, the developers didn't use them at all.

imagine a character like Tyrande, so badass in WC3, does nothing in wow till a cameo in MoP, (well 2 if you count the SoO raid), then nothing till cringe quest (to most players in Legion, a cut role out of Suramar and the broken shore which she was going to be the centre of).. then comes Darkshore, but she is absent in confronting Azsahra.. like wtf?) - at least she was cool in action, i mean those fight sense were cool but some of the logic of it.

however clearly, they have invested far more time in Sylvanas and Jaina, than Tyrande. In Thrall and Khadgar, Tirion, Garrosh, Varian etc than in Malfurion in game.

What is really weird, is that Night elves and their leaders were extremely popular, so it's an utter waste. Tyrande was more popular than Jaina and Sylvie during WC3 introductions to these characters. It's like they had to work to make them and the night elves less popular .. like that was the intention - but it pissed off a lot of fans, because it was just one more thing disappointing about warcraft.. loved characters and races. Sure people get to love others, but you want all your groups to be cool.
    Last edited by Mace; 2022-08-17 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Does someone wanna let this guy know the horde has been written even worse for years now? We went from a horde of misfit races with moral ambiguity, to alliance in green skin.

We’ve cycled through half a dozen warchiefs in the time they’ve had one new king, and the only one who acted like a true war chief… got turned into a raid boss.

Imagine being a pro garrosh and pro evil horde player, who’s now told he has to sack his city and kill his war chief. For an entire year.

The second warchief to embrace the true essence of warchief was sylvanas, and they ruined her cuz they couldn’t think of a way to write a horde that wasn’t all sunshine and lollipops again

Yea, spare us the alliance tears. Story wise, blizz clearly favors them or they wouldn’t be turning horde slowly into the alliance
    I'll keep you in mind the next time someone tries to tell me there's no evil Horde fans.

You may not have enjoyed it, but the story has been about the Horde, driven by the Horde for years. Alliance only features as the victim when it's time for the evil Horde to commit an atrocity so the Thrall Horde has something to rally against. Alliance "wins" because the Horde's endgame is completely destroying the Alliance, which won't happen for business reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    I'll keep you in mind the next time someone tries to tell me there's no evil Horde fans.

You may not have enjoyed it, but the story has been about the Horde, driven by the Horde for years. Alliance only features as the victim when it's time for the evil Horde to commit an atrocity so the Thrall Horde has something to rally against. Alliance "wins" because the Horde's endgame is completely destroying the Alliance, which won't happen for business reasons.
    It has not. The Story has been about the alliance only since MoP. WoD was about Khadgar and Yrel. Legion was about Velen, Turalyon and Alleria. Bfa was about Anduin saving the allaince and Jaina returning home to Kul Tiras. The last time the Horde got any plot was when they made Vol'jin the Warchief. After that is was a straight up downward spirale.

1+ Year Old Account
    Male character dies so that a female character can replace him.

Yeah, sounds like "current year" alright.

just a random thought that popped up:

they could spin it in a way that malfurion and illidan are somehow connected (magic?) and by killing malfurion they cause illidan to fail his duty as sargeras' jailer thus setting him up to return

sorry if something like this already has been mentioned here. i did not catch up to the whole thread but wanted to bring it up anyway.
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

wasting an important and big character on a stupid out-of-nowhere sacrifice for Ysera, makes sense for something Danuser and his writing team would do -_-

sigh, cause we totally needed Ysera to be revived instead of using and developing Merithra. As usual, night elves always have to lose something for any story development.

And it's even worse cause of how much Danuser and his team have not used Malfurion and instead solely focused on Tyrande, especially when we're getting a new World Tree and that is 100% something you use Malfurion on.

There's not even any real build up or anything to this, they are just going to waste Malfurion on this stupid sacrifice

People need to remember that this is the same writing team that gave us BFA/SL <-- two of the worst written expansions in warcraft's history... so I don't why there are DF overhypers ignoring this and acting like just cause DF is set in Azeroth, that somehow the story/writing is going to be better. It's not.

heck, we saw retcons in the literal DF reveal stream (the centaurs), so it amazes me that some people are saying DF story/writing is going to be better.

The only way we get better writing in WoW again is once Danuser is fired and we get actual good writers on the writing team, writers who can introduce new lore and write new stories that work and respect established lore, instead of constantly retconning/ruining old lore for new garbage cosmic war stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    You know I'm starting to think Arthas not really playing much of a part at all in Shadowlands was a good thing. This writing kind of surprises me that they didn't.
    oh it was 100% a good thing, cause Danuser would have done worse with Arthas for his precious Sylvanus :/ Even what we got was awful and a complete disrespect of the character.
    Last edited by voidox; 2022-08-26 at 11:28 PM.