Poll: Do you support the USA and Europe intervening to protect Taiwan against China?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Capitalist* China

If we're talking about their economic system.

Otherwise Authoritarian China also fits. Sure the ruling party is the Chinese Communist Party, but we all know that names aren't always accurate. The Democratic Peoples Republic of North Korea is not Democratic, nor is it a Republic.
    What do you mean North Korea isn't that? You mean the vote for Kim Jong Un was rigged from the start? Color me shocked pikachu meme face. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    The US, actually the world, will have no choice but to intervene in the event of an attack by China.

Taiwan is the source of 90% of the world's advanced technology chips; two-third of global mature nodes chips - CMOS image sensors, display driver ICs, flash memory controllers, microcontrollers (MCUs), power MOSFETs, and power management ICs (PMICs); and 50% of the world's supply of DRAM chips. A war between China and Taiwan will cripple the world's economy.
    At least in the past, some Taiwanese people wanted to become the 51st state. I wonder how things would be different today were that so.
    https://www.tampabay.com/archive/199...an-51st-state/
    "Always you speak. Never do you listen! You ignore the lessons of Pandaria! You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

I don't support war but the Chinese Government is sick especially toward what they do to their own people. The Chinese and Taiwanese people deserve better than what they're being given by the dictators in government.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

It depends on what the citizens in Taiwan want. I've heard mixed things from my own research, which makes sense considering the situation.

If like HongKong, there is a large outcry for aid I wouldn't be against helping them. But if not, while China isn't a 'nice guy' the US isn't either. I don't want a repeat of Cuba or Vietnam where we fuck over the populace and help or directly subjugate them/expose them to unnecessary violence because of a rooster show against China.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2022-08-27 at 03:35 PM.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

If the people of Taiwan wanted to be part of China it would have already happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    It depends on what the citizens in Taiwan want. I've heard mixed things from my own research, which makes sense considering the situation.

If like HongKong, there is a large outcry for aid I wouldn't be against helping them. But if not, while China isn't a 'nice guy' the US isn't either. I don't want a repeat of Cuba or Vietnam over the populace and help or directly subjugate them/expose them to unnecessary violence because of a rooster show against China.
    If China had honored its commitments to Hong Kong, then perhaps most Americans would be less alarmed. But despite a single city being no threat to the ruling elites, it refused to do so point-blank, which also pushed lots of Taiwanese people away from reunification.

12% of Taiwanese people even today do want to become "part of" China. But those seem to be mostly aging conservative men who were born in China and fled there, and even they do not necessarily support the current Chinese leaders.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e-beijing-rule
    "Always you speak. Never do you listen! You ignore the lessons of Pandaria! You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"