Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Ghostcrawler in 2013:

    "I have said this several times lately, but another expansion of spamming LFG for a dungeon pug and I myself might have quit."

    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...07495388426240
    This isn't the case in Classic anymore though, the group finder is pretty good at at least removing the need to spam. It's not perfect as people don't use it well, but it's helped a lot.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    We know nothing about the League MMO so how can you say that you don’t think it’s design intentions don’t align with what you want?

    Unless you’re saying it’s an MMO, and you don’t want an MMO. Because that’s all we know about it right now, that it is an MMO.

    Seems like someone just wanted so sound intelligent while sipping their morning coffee lol
    He's saying he thinks he knows Ghostcrawler well enough to say that any MMO he makes/is a part of is going to be bad.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    We know nothing about the League MMO so how can you say that you don’t think it’s design intentions don’t align with what you want?

    Unless you’re saying it’s an MMO, and you don’t want an MMO. Because that’s all we know about it right now, that it is an MMO.

    Seems like someone just wanted so sound intelligent while sipping their morning coffee lol
    It is a game from Riot... what do you think will happen? Sexy anime girls and boys with overmonetized cosmetics left and right and maybe even monetized playerpower.
    The monetization of this game will put every other MMO to shame. Like... one transmog piece for 50 € kinda shit.

    The game itself will probably be fine gameplay wise. But the gameplay will have to bend to riots monetization plans they ALWAYS have. And people here will praise the everliving shit out of it while simultaniously bashing blizz for haveing... a few mounts and a oncie in the shop.

    Don't get me wrong i will probably at least start playing it. But i also am not under the illusion that the game will not be 100% geared towards making more money. Every step in the game will be to push you towards the shop. You will not get anything worthwile for free. Not one piece.

    And they have the playerbase to do this and the fanboys to keep defending them^^

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Except that it is. That is why they have not released all the raids. Those will release over time just as dungeon finder eventually will.

    - - - Updated - - -

    LOL read that 2nd poll again. The question is "Do you want a dungeon finder?" and 88% said no. That one is on the official forums and kills yoru argument dead. That one is official players with actual subs. That other poll is Reddit, How many of those are actually going to play the game? The poll on the offical forum clearly proves you wrong.
    The second one is posted on the official forums from imgur by a player. It's giving the result of a question asked at a unknown source that seems to be reddit through google docs prior to vanilla classic so it's of about the same value as a newer one on reddit.
    Last edited by blastfromthepast; 2022-09-21 at 03:56 PM. Reason: latin to english

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    We know nothing about the League MMO so how can you say that you don’t think it’s design intentions don’t align with what you want?
    He's been tweeting about it on and off. These hints tell me I'm probably not the target audience. That's ok; I appreciate his honesty about these things. I admit I am rooting for it, just a bit, to siphon off more WoW players though.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    He's saying he thinks he knows Ghostcrawler well enough to say that any MMO he makes/is a part of is going to be bad.
    Bad for me, at least.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

  5. #225
    Are we reading the same GC tweet? It seems to me that he was posting IN FAVOUR of the automated LFD tool that came in Wrath, NOT against it. Not that it matter in WoW Classic WotLK in 2022, but still.

    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    If they just made the RDF server specific I think it would solve a lot of the issues people have with it, that doesn't help people on low population realms, but that's the risk/consequence of playing on a low pop realm.

    I play on a pretty high pop realm and don't have issues finding a group when I want one, the issue, and this is a minor one really, but it means I have to pay attention to chat while questing or anything else to watch for a group forming that I want to join....or take the time to make my own, which I don't like doing because it means I can't spend time doing much of anything else of value.

    RDF being server only would solve both of those issues for everyone, IMO, and I wish it was there specifically for the convenience. Take away the instant teleport too, just literally form the group, that's all I want.

    I'm fine with it not being in the game, I'm still enjoying myself. But I know I'd enjoy myself more with it in the game.
    No, enough with the half-arsing of this feature. Either bring it back with everything or just stick with the current tool. The cross-server functionality was implemented for a reason, plus the current shitstorm with how they are handling the server populations would at least mean that if your server gets screwed then you would at least have means for doing 5 mans (raids are another matter). Because we should not forget that not all currently dead realms have always been like that.
    Last edited by Fkiolaris; 2022-09-21 at 06:31 PM.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    No, enough with the half-arsing of this feature. Either bring it back with everything or just stick with the current tool. The cross-server functionality was implemented for a reason, plus the current shitstorm with how they are handling the server populations would at least mean that if your server gets screwed then you would at least have means for doing 5 mans (raids are another matter). Because we should not forget that not all currently dead realms have always been like that.
    I'd prefer the fully functional tool as it was originally designed as well for this very reason, it solves dungeon finding issues for low population realms.

    But I'd settle for a half assed version that literally just creates groups on the same server because this manual process right now is seriously annoying. It's fine, the current system works well enough, but RDF was just so much better for the sake of getting into the content.

  7. #227
    Players: Blizzard stop doing things that make us waste time needlessly to pad your subscriptions!
    Blizzard: Okay how about we add random dungeon finder in WotlK so you don't need to spend hours a day trying to make groups?
    Players: NO! Not like that!

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'd prefer the fully functional tool as it was originally designed as well for this very reason, it solves dungeon finding issues for low population realms.

    But I'd settle for a half assed version that literally just creates groups on the same server because this manual process right now is seriously annoying. It's fine, the current system works well enough, but RDF was just so much better for the sake of getting into the content.
    If you thought it was bad as it is, get ready now with Heroic+ dungeons diluting the pool of players doing 5-mans even more, especially on less populated servers. I honestly have no words for Blizzard anymore

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    If you thought it was bad as it is, get ready now with Heroic+ dungeons diluting the pool of players doing 5-mans even more, especially on less populated servers. I honestly have no words for Blizzard anymore
    Very true. Didn't think about the impact Heroic+ dungeons would have.

    I guess we'll see once they launch and see what happens, both in-game (pretty sure we already know) and what Blizzard decides to do about it (hopefully release RDF).

  10. #230
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Not to rain on your parade, but that pie chart says "Would you like a dungeon finder?" and the response is "no" at 88%, not "yes" at 88%...
    Yea, because everyone is using wow forums.. I wasnt there for years.. they should do a poll ingame as pop-out window in character select or something. 33k votes is quite nothing in comparism with whole number of classic playerbase.

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post

    They weren't at first and to even suggest such is dishonest.
    I return to this post after doing multiple heroics within 10mins of dinging 80 and not even a bit of effort was put into clearing them. Didn't age well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    lol ok
    /10chars
    ok lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •