Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The servers are being shut down because people migrated to a smaller number of servers, not because people left. Vanilla Classic's biggest servers had around 6500 players. TBC Classic's biggest servers have around 22000 players.

    Hundreds of thousands of players is incredibly successful. There's actually more players right now than there were right before the TBC Classic launch.
    Not really impressive if you think
    A: subs kept going up till Cata and (they could keep people) and there were not just Tourist logging in from retail being counted either that never had plans to stay.
    B: its more world wide than it was the first time it was out.

    ( the fact they are even letting the mega servers happen is beyond belief stupid ).

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Not really impressive if you think
    A: subs kept going up till Cata and (they could keep people) and there were not just Tourist logging in from retail being counted either that never had plans to stay.
    B: its more world wide than it was the first time it was out.

    ( the fact they are even letting the mega servers happen is beyond belief stupid ).
    I'm talking about active players in the last week. This has nothing to do with tourists.

    If you think that hundreds of thousands of active players paying a subscription for a 15 year old game isn't impressive, your bar for success is so unreasonably high that there is no such thing as success.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I'm talking about active players in the last week. This has nothing to do with tourists.

    If you think that hundreds of thousands of active players paying a subscription for a 15 year old game isn't impressive, your bar for success is so unreasonably high that there is no such thing as success.
    last I looked at Iron-forge active was not really that impressive, and looking at a old population graph back when blizzard released numbers BC was at 11 mill just before LK.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Not really impressive if you think
    A: subs kept going up till Cata and (they could keep people) and there were not just Tourist logging in from retail being counted either that never had plans to stay.
    B: its more world wide than it was the first time it was out.

    ( the fact they are even letting the mega servers happen is beyond belief stupid ).
    I mean IMO there is literally zero reason that there needs to be multiple servers per time zone in 2022. Mega servers should definitely be a thing and they should strive for it the more people on a server the more people to play the game with.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I mean IMO there is literally zero reason that there needs to be multiple servers per time zone in 2022. Mega servers should definitely be a thing and they should strive for it the more people on a server the more people to play the game with.
    that would be fine but then others falling back on but's ma small community matters need to take a hard look at their argument, and it would still have a number of issues to resolve form what I hear its has login issues (queue times) and dear god coming up with a name.

    *My buddy that was still playing on classic up till last month logged on one of the big one and any world chat is about useless. (Westfall horde you could log on and not see anything for hours).
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-08-11 at 01:46 PM.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Funny how the perception has changed.

    When Classic launched and was confirmed to not group finder, people praised Blizz in angelic chorus for it.

    Now they are the worst people who have ever taken breath on this planet for not putting it in WotLK Classic.
    I bet that was the same people saying it back then and now.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    last I looked at Iron-forge active was not really that impressive, and looking at a old population graph back when blizzard released numbers BC was at 11 mill just before LK.
    What 15 year old game that is not receiving updates do you think has an impressive population?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    What 15 year old game that is not receiving updates do you think has an impressive population?
    not really.. how many did it start with every graphic I've seen its keeps losing subs. original 11 then, maybe 500,000 (and that's generous) now, maybe if it gotten into the 3 or 4 million I would have been impressed, from what I've seen shown active at any one time is around 34000. *hell I know a few that played some that had 2 or 3 accounts (I had 2) so sub =/= always equal that number of actual people playing.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    not really.. how many did it start with every graphic I've seen its keeps losing subs. original 11 then, maybe 500,000 (and that's generous) now, maybe if it gotten into the 3 or 4 million I would have been impressed, from what I've seen shown active at any one time is around 34000. *hell I know a few that played some that had 2 or 3 accounts (I had 2) so sub =/= always equal that number of actual people playing.
    There are more active players in TBC Classic right now than there were at the end of Vanilla Classic.

    I asked you a really simple question: What 15 year old game that is not receiving updates do you think has an impressive population?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    There are more active players in TBC Classic right now than there were at the end of Vanilla Classic.

    I asked you a really simple question: What 15 year old game that is not receiving updates do you think has an impressive population?
    so one version of classic has more players than the next version of classic? not sure that's really a big deal or impressive, it still has less players than TBC classic started with.

    Don't really follow that many 15 year old games, but found a thing from EverQuest (1999)
    We estimate the daily player count of EverQuest (1999) to be 22,243, with a total player base of 1,170,699.
    Game Data


    Subscribers: 1,170,699
    Daily Players: 22,243
    Genres: RPG, Massively Multiplayer
    Platforms: macOS, PC
    Released: 1999-03-16

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    so one version of classic has more players than the next version of classic? not sure that's really a big deal or impressive, it still has less players than TBC classic started with.

    Don't really follow that many 15 year old games, but found a thing from EverQuest (1999)
    We estimate the daily player count of EverQuest (1999) to be 22,243, with a total player base of 1,170,699.
    Game Data


    Subscribers: 1,170,699
    Daily Players: 22,243
    Genres: RPG, Massively Multiplayer
    Platforms: macOS, PC
    Released: 1999-03-16
    That's from mmo-population.com. That's an extremely bad resource that does not have any official numbers. Furthermore, we have very solid numbers for TBC Classic that show over 200,000 players in the last week, so 22,000 daily users would not be very impressive by comparison anyway.

    Also, Everquest still gets updates. SO, what is the 15 year old game with no updates that you think is successful? You must have some barometer since you are gauging WoW Classic.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  12. #32
    Bloodsail Admiral Konteil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    C137 For now......
    Posts
    1,167
    i dont care if rdf is there or not. i liked wrath. ill be playing wrath. i main a tank and a mage dps. ill be fine to make groups just like i was 10 years ago or more when it was current. i did it then and it as fun ill do it now and itll be fun. i run dungeons every day on both my toons in tbcc and i run low level stuff with an alt im making. i dont know where the metric of i cant find a group is coming from. i list in teh in game group finder on a toon while im questing and after a little while i get a whisper hey wanna dps such and such. and i go. Im on pagle with a huge pop tho so that may be the difference.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

  13. #33
    Even on any reasonably sized server there are no groups being formed for dungeons in the 1-40 level range.
    This was my experience within the first couple months of Classic as well as the first couple months of TBC Classic playing of Faerlina.

    What I have never understood about this argument is whether we form the groups with RDF or Chat/LFD its still the same player pool.
    Are people afraid of having a bad experience with a player they don't know? In an MMO?

    WotLK dungeons will be formed simply because we will all be focused on ten levels worth of them.
    Obviously I would argue to put in RFD and have people who don't want to use it opt out, but I would at least compromise and say lets add RDF as a leveling tool for dungeons 1-40(Classic), 1-58(TBCC), and 1-68(WotLKC).

    This solution took the five minutes I had to think about it after sitting down at work.
    Thank you Blizzard for all of your hard work.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by teh1tom View Post
    Even on any reasonably sized server there are no groups being formed for dungeons in the 1-40 level range.
    This was my experience within the first couple months of Classic as well as the first couple months of TBC Classic playing of Faerlina.

    What I have never understood about this argument is whether we form the groups with RDF or Chat/LFD its still the same player pool.
    Are people afraid of having a bad experience with a player they don't know? In an MMO?

    WotLK dungeons will be formed simply because we will all be focused on ten levels worth of them.
    Obviously I would argue to put in RFD and have people who don't want to use it opt out, but I would at least compromise and say lets add RDF as a leveling tool for dungeons 1-40(Classic), 1-58(TBCC), and 1-68(WotLKC).

    This solution took the five minutes I had to think about it after sitting down at work.
    Thank you Blizzard for all of your hard work.
    "Let's add RDF for all the things there weren't RDF for but not for the things RDF was for" is the weirdest take I have heard so far.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    That's from mmo-population.com. That's an extremely bad resource that does not have any official numbers. Furthermore, we have very solid numbers for TBC Classic that show over 200,000 players in the last week, so 22,000 daily users would not be very impressive by comparison anyway.

    Also, Everquest still gets updates. SO, what is the 15 year old game with no updates that you think is successful? You must have some barometer since you are gauging WoW Classic.
    that is a old project of EQ and no from what I read it's not getting updates on that version its only up to Velious
    we have very solid numbers for TBC Classic???? where is this from wow let slip out the sub numbers when we were not looking.

  16. #36
    3rd thread about this topic. Let it go. Dungeon finder is gone and its for the best.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    Hi!

    Just checking if the rumor is true, is dungeon finder removed from WOTLK when it arrives?

    I don't want to pay a sub and level up just to see it's removed and stop playing.
    "Removed" implies it was there and now it is not. Therefore the rumour is not true.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    that is a old project of EQ and no from what I read it's not getting updates on that version its only up to Velious
    we have very solid numbers for TBC Classic???? where is this from wow let slip out the sub numbers when we were not looking.
    Since Classic uses the old school isolated server model, the population statistics drawn from addons is a reasonable estimate, and those can be seen at ironforge.

    Also, there are official numbers on EQ1 (which does receive updates regardless of what you say) and it gets 82,000 monthly users.
    https://massivelyop.com/2020/12/02/e...thanks-to-eg7/

    Third time: What is the 15 year old game with no updates that you think is successful?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    "Removed" implies it was there and now it is not. Therefore the rumour is not true.
    if you're looking at if from the side of LK patch 3.3.5 how it was when it came out, ya it's removed.
    looking at Blizzard remake of what they think LK should be then no.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    No matter what decision Blizzard makes, it's the wrong one. Also, the devs are incompetent and hate their players. This is a universal truth more self-evident than the sun rising in the east and setting in the west.
    i just love when forum-man gives us his hot take on a situation he doesnt understand using arguments that are completely biased.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •