Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arucado3 View Post
    It did. With the last major patch atleast. 3.3.0

Inform yourself
    which is literally not the last patch. it was also part of wotlk for nearly 50% of the expansions existence

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    They weren't at first and to even suggest such is dishonest.
    Yes they were. Wrath heroics were always a joke from the start. Only real sorta rough one for a bit was one of the spider ones cause the dps check could be tight with low gear on i forget which boss its been over a decade. They were faceroll from the start and just achievement hunting adventures. If anyone thinks heroics are going to be a challenge from the git go they are going to be in for a rude awakening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moralgy View Post
    Yes they were. Wrath heroics were always a joke from the start. Only real sorta rough one for a bit was one of the spider ones cause the dps check could be tight with low gear on i forget which boss its been over a decade. They were faceroll from the start and just achievement hunting adventures. If anyone thinks heroics are going to be a challenge from the git go they are going to be in for a rude awakening.
    lol ok
    /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    lol ok
    /10chars
    I mean, not even "way back in my daying" this, you can just look up videos of people doing heroics on on the beta calling them a joke. They aren't hard and never were from the start, idk why that is controversial to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moralgy View Post
    I mean, not even "way back in my daying" this, you can just look up videos of people doing heroics on on the beta calling them a joke. They aren't hard and never were from the start, idk why that is controversial to say.
    Because it's not truthful by a longshot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    which is literally not the last patch. it was also part of wotlk for nearly 50% of the expansions existence
    Yeah what a great content phase the Ruby Sanctum was...

Also just because they took an eternity to release more content is not a good argument. In Classic the ICC will not be 50%

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    no we established wow classic was able to pull in more people because it had more people the first time around. (and you think somehow another old MMO could out do that when some of the original games didn't even break 500000 when they were new so being able to pull in % of players is about all to go off of, (and none of those other MMO have the marking size bliz has (which even makes the under 500000 sound worse the more I think of it.)
    This is such a dumb conversation. First and foremost you have no clue how many people are playing classic wow. 500,000 is a complete guess. It could be millions for all you know. And secondly, why are you so obsessed with the % of players who come back? That is such an asinine thing to say. Idc if a game had 500 million players 15 years ago. If it still has 500,000 that means the game has proven to be an amazing game. The % of players still playing has nothing to do with it. If a game back in 2000 has 15 players and it still had 15 players today the game still sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Funny how the perception has changed.

When Classic launched and was confirmed to not group finder, people praised Blizz in angelic chorus for it.

Now they are the worst people who have ever taken breath on this planet for not putting it in WotLK Classic.
    utter cringe.

people wanted no lfd in classic because their was non.
    people want it in wotlk because it got implemented there.

stop posting cringe and make it about "Funny how the perception has changed"

not really.. how many did it start with every graphic I've seen its keeps losing subs. original 11 then, maybe 500,000 (and that's generous) now, maybe if it gotten into the 3 or 4 million I would have been impressed, from what I've seen shown active at any one time is around 34000. *hell I know a few that played some that had 2 or 3 accounts (I had 2) so sub =/= always equal that number of actual people playing.
    Blizzard stopped releasing data on sub counts years ago. So any info you find is completely false. And making up numbers makes you sound silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Somic View Post
    This is such a dumb conversation. First and foremost you have no clue how many people are playing classic wow. 500,000 is a complete guess. It could be millions for all you know. And secondly, why are you so obsessed with the % of players who come back? That is such an asinine thing to say. Idc if a game had 500 million players 15 years ago. If it still has 500,000 that means the game has proven to be an amazing game. The % of players still playing has nothing to do with it. If a game back in 2000 has 15 players and it still had 15 players today the game still sucks.
    Umm there Iron forge and that other site had guesses which is more than blizz will give out since they like to use market buzz words now and not numbers., still trying to get me impressed over nothing? (well the only part I'm impressed with now is how out of 11 mill is could only manage pull in just over 200000 till they announced LK. impressed with how bad it did is still impressed I guess looks like Classic out populated BC classic which is odd seeing that's not what happened the first time )

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by littlefoote View Post
    Blizzard stopped releasing data on sub counts years ago. So any info you find is completely false. And making up numbers makes you sound silly.
    it's not hard to get a good estimate, there are add-ons that people have loaded and and tracking achievements and the ones from ironforge numbers don't seem too far off, watching my friend playing on westfall even during prime times could not max the who list at times horde side).

*for both of you I responded too if BC classic was so popular why are they not keeping any BC servers going after LK launches. (answer for WOW's benchmark of success it would seem it's not worth the $$ to keep them going.)
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-08-14 at 04:12 PM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Luckily yes

But they will most likely implement it later on, probably around TotGC.

Umm there Iron forge and that other site had guesses which is more than blizz will give out since they like to use market buzz words now and not numbers., still trying to get me impressed over nothing? (well the only part I'm impressed with now is how out of 11 mill is could only manage pull in just over 200000 till they announced LK. impressed with how bad it did is still impressed I guess looks like Classic out populated BC classic which is odd seeing that's not what happened the first time )

- - - Updated - - -

it's not hard to get a good estimate, there are add-ons that people have loaded and and tracking achievements and the ones from ironforge numbers don't seem too far off, watching my friend playing on westfall even during prime times could not max the who list at times horde side).

*for both of you I responded too if BC classic was so popular why are they not keeping any BC servers going after LK launches. (answer for WOW's benchmark of success it would seem it's not worth the $$ to keep them going.)
    If you’re using ironforge pro for actual guesses on a full population of who plays WoW then you’re an actual moron. That only tracks people who are at end level and doing end level content and having it logged.

Idgaf if you’re impressed or not, you don’t seem like a smart enough person for me to even care remotely about your subjective opinion

If you’re using ironforge pro for actual guesses on a full population of who plays WoW then you’re an actual moron. That only tracks people who are at end level and doing end level content and having it logged.

Idgaf if you’re impressed or not, you don’t seem like a smart enough person for me to even care remotely about your subjective opinion
    you got better numbers? I've seen server first hand how it's numbers seem to aline, when THAT LOW it's not hard to confirm them on some servers, but I guess you if you can't count to 50 it might be a bit much for you since you can't use your fingers and toes. *if I log on to a server\faction that it says is dead and do a who and don't max out the list on that server (50 I believe it tells me there is something behind their numbers).

perfect no but between it and the other site you don't like they seem not to be far off and you have any others to say different

AND WHERE ARE THOSE PERMANENT BC SERVERS IF IT"S DOING SOOOO GOOD

Your the one seem to go on and on and on how I should be impressed...
    Impressed they can't be bothered to keep just one BC PVE and PVP server up......

***even if the number were way off they should be off by the same amount all the way one would think, and seeing ad BC classic launched in June 21 seems reg classic did better https://mmo-population.com/r/classicwow/stats (even if the numbers were wrong why would the BC wrong ones be lower than the Classic wrong ones?)
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-08-14 at 04:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Funny how the perception has changed.

When Classic launched and was confirmed to not group finder, people praised Blizz in angelic chorus for it.

Now they are the worst people who have ever taken breath on this planet for not putting it in WotLK Classic.
    Also this: in WotLK a massive amount of people (me included) absolutely hated the addition of the dungeon finder because of how it helped damage the feeling of the server community, it's super odd to see classic champs be so angry about it not being in wotlk classic when it's a guarantee that many of them (if they actually played at the time) would have been vocal against it when it was implemented in 3.3.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    WoW has two versions. One had a random dungeon finder and still has it. The other never did.
    Wrath did have it, and considering the first patch is the last patch, it SHOULD have it.

you got better numbers? I've seen server first hand how it's numbers seem to aline, when THAT LOW it's not hard to confirm them on some servers, but I guess you if you can't count to 50 it might be a bit much for you since you can't use your fingers and toes. *if I log on to a server\faction that it says is dead and do a who and don't max out the list on that server (50 I believe it tells me there is something behind their numbers).

perfect no but between it and the other site you don't like they seem not to be far off and you have any others to say different

AND WHERE ARE THOSE PERMANENT BC SERVERS IF IT"S DOING SOOOO GOOD

Your the one seem to go on and on and on how I should be impressed...
    Impressed they can't be bothered to keep just one BC PVE and PVP server up......
    First hand account of 50 players? So you’re going on dead ass servers and hand counting people and saying that this must reflect the overall population, you’re dumber than I thought if you’re actually going to use your first hand experience and then guesstimate that a number as big as 500,000 is accurate as if anyone has to perception to even imagine that number across multiple realms on multiple regions.

And I never said I had better numbers because I’m not dumb enough to claim that I even remotely know what the sub numbers are. Just because you’re dumb enough to do just that and come up with a random number in your head doesn’t mean that it is a good number.

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    As someone who played WOTLK when it was current content, the decision is more about recreating the experience during the expansion's lifetime.

It's consistent that RDF isn't available before the ICC Patch, and then available afterwards. It's off the rails if RDF is flat out not available at any point. It would undermine the 'Classic' moniker if RDF is never available, since RDF was released.

But then again, the whole point of the Classic crowd is about catering to expectations and beliefs.
    If that's the case then they wouldn't start with the last patch, would they? it was in during the last patch, so it should be in now. Give people the CHOICE, if there's so many people who are against it, they can just group up then, right? should have no issue finding a group for those people.

First hand account of 50 players? So you’re going on dead ass servers and hand counting people and saying that this must reflect the overall population, you’re dumber than I thought if you’re actually going to use your first hand experience and then guesstimate that a number as big as 500,000 is accurate as if anyone has to perception to even imagine that number across multiple realms on multiple regions.

And I never said I had better numbers because I’m not dumb enough to claim that I even remotely know what the sub numbers are. Just because you’re dumb enough to do just that and come up with a random number in your head doesn’t mean that it is a good number.
    If their numbers give a idea how the server is doing and be right they don't seem too far off, you're the one that thinks it random it's based off something (exact no, but I don't think miles off) if it can tell you what servers are dead and what faction on what servers are dead and be correct those numbers came from somewhere.

So again if it's SOooooooOooooo impressive why can't they justify keeping any BC servers running.... they should just throw it away if it was successful.

Edit*
    Suppose the mega servers had no issues taking all the people from all these closed servers and no ones left right? or is Iron forges list of 0 population server also made up? those mega servers must be massive to take all those from these closed servers and nothing to do with tanked subs.

Fairbanks
    Kirtonos
    Blaumeux
    Heartseeker
    Herod
    Kurinnaxx
    Bigglesworth
    Rattlegore
    Incendius
    Arcanite Reaper
    Netherwind
    Smolderweb
    Stalagg
    Thunderfury
    Thalnos
    Skeram
    Deviate Delight
    Shazzrah
    Kromcrush
    Finkle
    Lucifron
    Dreadmist
    Noggenfogger
    Stonespine
    Gandling
    Flamelash
    Heartstriker
    Skullflame
    Dragon's Call
    Ten Storms
    Bloodfang
    Loatheb
    Judgement
    Anathema
    Celebras
    Dragonfang

Think they would have few to CPU cycles to spare to keep a BC one running if they though it had any $$ in it.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-08-14 at 05:09 PM.

If their numbers give a idea how the server is doing and be right they don't seem too far off, you're the one that thinks it random it's based off something (exact no, but I don't think miles off) if it can tell you what servers are dead and what faction on what servers are dead and be correct those numbers came from somewhere.

So again if it's SOooooooOooooo impressive why can't they justify keeping any BC servers running.... they should just throw it away if it was successful.

Edit*
    Suppose the mega servers had no issues taking all the people from all these closed servers and no ones left right? or is Iron forges list of 0 population server also made up? those mega servers must be massive to take all those from these closed servers and nothing to do with tanked subs.

Fairbanks
    Kirtonos
    Blaumeux
    Heartseeker
    Herod
    Kurinnaxx
    Bigglesworth
    Rattlegore
    Incendius
    Arcanite Reaper
    Netherwind
    Smolderweb
    Stalagg
    Thunderfury
    Thalnos
    Skeram
    Deviate Delight
    Shazzrah
    Kromcrush
    Finkle
    Lucifron
    Dreadmist
    Noggenfogger
    Stonespine
    Gandling
    Flamelash
    Heartstriker
    Skullflame
    Dragon's Call
    Ten Storms
    Bloodfang
    Loatheb
    Judgement
    Anathema
    Celebras
    Dragonfang

Think they would have few to CPU cycles to spare to keep a BC one running if they though it had any $$ in it.
    Yes your numbers are random because you’re missing a giant portion of the population who isn’t being tracked which is the casual population. You have absolutely no idea how big that number is. So yes saying it’s at 500,000 is nothing but random I could say the population is 2 million based off that number and guessing the remainder casual population is making up the number and be just as accurate as you are, which isn’t accurate at all. I honestly don’t even think you understand this even remotely.

And once again idgaf if you’re impressed or not lol

Yes your numbers are random because you’re missing a giant portion of the population who isn’t being tracked which is the casual population. You have absolutely no idea how big that number is. So yes saying it’s at 500,000 is nothing but random I could say the population is 2 million based off that number and guessing the remainder casual population is making up the number and be just as accurate as you are, which isn’t accurate at all. I honestly don’t even think you understand this even remotely.

And once again idgaf if you’re impressed or not lol
    random - made, done, happening, or chosen without method or conscious decision.

there you go since you don't seem to understand the definition of random, it's base off PVP and PVE stats *also looks like some add-ons track too, ya it's going to miss some (very very very casuals) but that means they would have to almost had 0 achievements in everything (I've gotten some PVE ones by accident), or they had not played or grouped with anyone with any of those add-on ever, but not just something they pulled out of their ass which would be random.

you seem to whine a lot how I should be (IE: keep going on and on how I should look at this or "other" old others MMO are doing (OR FPS LOL) or look how many people prob play on what number you think is random) , for someone that does not care if I am... and you still won't answer if BC was just a hint of being successful why no BC era classic servers are staying up?
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-08-14 at 05:29 PM.