Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TerrisT View Post
    Players : "we want the social experience from yesteryear!!!"

Also players : "we want the dungeon finder!!!"

People just don't know what they want anymore.
    It's almost like classic is flooded with retail players using it as something to save them from the giant content droughts of retail

Pservers weren't like this, we didn't have people constantly demanding retail shit added to the game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    But this isn't 3.0.10. This is 3.4. It's supposed to NOT be starting at square one.
    so ICC should be available at launch? got it

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Is it me being insanely tired or does that 2nd image show 88.8% of people voting "no" for if they'd like a dungeon finder?
    Ya but it was only for vanilla. *seeing as a lot of people wanted nochange it's not surprising. (looks like the poll was taken in 2017).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    It's almost like classic is flooded with retail players using it as something to save them from the giant content droughts of retail

Pservers weren't like this, we didn't have people constantly demanding retail shit added to the game
    any pservers not running RDF? seems a quick search the big ones are all running it on LK (even ran into a reddit thread one got it working on TBC?

Quote Originally Posted by TerrisT View Post
    Players : "we want the social experience from yesteryear!!!"

Also players : "we want the dungeon finder!!!"

People just don't know what they want anymore.
    Or maybe it is two different groups of people :O
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I haven't played WoW in what's now going on 8+ years, I've heard about the different classic iterations but weren't really interested until WotLK.

So I heard about the absence of Dungeon Finder at launch, but I'm wondering did the servers land in what patch/balance iteration? The final Ice Crown era one, or something in between or prior? Are raids being progressively added with the respective patch and balance changes? How does it work?

Thinking about checking it out. Would appreciate any info. Or directions to a place where I could read up on it.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelifeblog View Post
    I haven't played WoW in what's now going on 8+ years, I've heard about the different classic iterations but weren't really interested until WotLK.

So I heard about the absence of Dungeon Finder at launch, but I'm wondering did the servers land in what patch/balance iteration? The final Ice Crown era one, or something in between or prior? Are raids being progressively added with the respective patch and balance changes? How does it work?

Thinking about checking it out. Would appreciate any info. Or directions to a place where I could read up on it.

Thanks.
    The game launches with the final patch (3.3.5 I believe) balance, class changes and with (other than the LFD automated tool) the QoL changes as well. There are also a few extra changes made (consolidation of currencies, lootable items on the floor being sparkly, Ulduar gear will have higher ilevel etc). In terms of content, it will be staggered like the major patches so you will get the Tiers released in the same order, but most probably with different durations (so Ulduar won't be a 4 month tier like before, but probably 6+).

I hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    The game launches with the final patch (3.3.5 I believe) balance, class changes and with (other than the LFD automated tool) the QoL changes as well. There are also a few extra changes made (consolidation of currencies, lootable items on the floor being sparkly, Ulduar gear will have higher ilevel etc). In terms of content, it will be staggered like the major patches so you will get the Tiers released in the same order, but most probably with different durations (so Ulduar won't be a 4 month tier like before, but probably 6+).

I hope that helps
    It really does, thanks. Pretty much covered all my questions.

Wotlk classic here I come.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    In the hopes that no one will notice and he can keep using it to justify wanting four bots to provide him dungeon runs.
    I mean cmon....atleast photoshop it,its not hard....now it just looks silly,im half asleep and tipsy and i still freaking noticed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    These talents and balancings weren't in the game at the start either. That is why this point doesn't hold weight. Clearly they put in the end game of WotLK from the start.
    they likely cant reproduce the talent patches wihout some serious backtracking and work,by your logic they should release day 1 with icc and at full debuff,its the same argument for wanting rdf day 1

The dungeon system that is in place now is decent enough. Its worse that the XP buff is removed when wotlk launches :| Could atleast have kept it for 1-60 or 1-70..

These talents and balancings weren't in the game at the start either. That is why this point doesn't hold weight. Clearly they put in the end game of WotLK from the start.
    true but it wouldnt surprise me if they do a bait and switch, just look how they talked about the covenants and ripcord and claiming it was impossible to pull, 2 patches later and ripcord was pulled. On my own end i dont care if RDF is in the game or not, allthought it would be nice convenience to level some of my characters but thats about it for me really.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaloff View Post
    true but it wouldnt surprise me if they do a bait and switch, just look how they talked about the covenants and ripcord and claiming it was impossible to pull, 2 patches later and ripcord was pulled. On my own end i dont care if RDF is in the game or not, allthought it would be nice convenience to level some of my characters but thats about it for me really.
    I feel a middle ground makes sense in classic content and it can move forward. Make it so current expansion stuff is done though various LFG stuff. In wotlk have TBC and Classic stuff RDF active. When Cata lands WotLK stuff moves into RDF and Cata materials move to LFG stuff. It keeps old content with far fewer players running it alive.

Granted I would prefer full RDF but I am willing to negotiate a bit. Just feels like a shame all those older instances will be ran so unoften and that leveling path was removed over some ideological nonsense on end game 5 man's that lose most meaning in a month or two.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2022-09-20 at 03:29 PM.

I feel a middle ground makes sense in classic content and it can move forward. Make it so current expansion stuff is done though various LFG stuff. In wotlk have TBC and Classic stuff RDF active. When Cata lands WotLK stuff moves into RDF and Cata materials move to LFG stuff. It keeps old content with far fewer players running it alive.

Granted I would prefer full RDF but I am willing to negotiate a bit. Just feels like a shame all those older instances will be ran so unoften and that leveling path was removed over some ideological nonsense on end game 5 man's that lose most meaning in a month or two.
    If they just made the RDF server specific I think it would solve a lot of the issues people have with it, that doesn't help people on low population realms, but that's the risk/consequence of playing on a low pop realm.

I play on a pretty high pop realm and don't have issues finding a group when I want one, the issue, and this is a minor one really, but it means I have to pay attention to chat while questing or anything else to watch for a group forming that I want to join....or take the time to make my own, which I don't like doing because it means I can't spend time doing much of anything else of value.

RDF being server only would solve both of those issues for everyone, IMO, and I wish it was there specifically for the convenience. Take away the instant teleport too, just literally form the group, that's all I want.

I'm fine with it not being in the game, I'm still enjoying myself. But I know I'd enjoy myself more with it in the game.

aye that could be a nice middle ground indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    It's a stupid move on Blizzard's part but typical for these new developers. They couldn't put together a good game if their life depended on it.
    Dungeon Finder was the start imo for any need to talk to anyone. Them removing it brings back the opportunity for community to come back. Nowadays you barely even have to say hi just queue for DF or RF and go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo.../2078?page=101

even around 88% of 33,000 players want a dungeon finder in all classic incarnations.

Thats a statistical desaster for the devs and their bad biases.

Fact, and not blind nostalgia, is that the dungeon finder is one of the most popular systems blizzard ever implemented. Contrary to systems like rated pvp, for example.
    Not to rain on your parade, but that pie chart says "Would you like a dungeon finder?" and the response is "no" at 88%, not "yes" at 88%...

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    TThey might add it later.

But this isn't 3.0.10. This is 3.4. It's supposed to NOT be starting at square one.
    Except that it is. That is why they have not released all the raids. Those will release over time just as dungeon finder eventually will.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a poll on reddit with around 10000 players participating, where more than 70% voted in favor of the dungeon finder.

Referring to

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo.../2078?page=101

even around 88% of 33,000 players want a dungeon finder in all classic incarnations.

Thats a statistical desaster for the devs and their bad biases.

Fact, and not blind nostalgia, is that the dungeon finder is one of the most popular systems blizzard ever implemented. Contrary to systems like rated pvp, for example.
    LOL read that 2nd poll again. The question is "Do you want a dungeon finder?" and 88% said no. That one is on the official forums and kills yoru argument dead. That one is official players with actual subs. That other poll is Reddit, How many of those are actually going to play the game? The poll on the offical forum clearly proves you wrong.

The refreshed experience of waiting in a city to find a tank for a few hours hopefully removed the last trace of blind nostalgia about the dungeon finder.

And it hopefully also removes the ideas from the devs to do stupid design decisions.

But probably not as long Longdale and Hazzikostas are in charge. They are too biased. Too blind.
    Ghostcrawler in 2013:

"I have said this several times lately, but another expansion of spamming LFG for a dungeon pug and I myself might have quit."

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...07495388426240
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Ghostcrawler in 2013:

"I have said this several times lately, but another expansion of spamming LFG for a dungeon pug and I myself might have quit."

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...07495388426240
    While there was always nastiness on the WOW forums I give GC some credit (now after the fact) that (just a guess from being there, maybe selective memory) 75-80% of the bitching was over class balances\nerfs etc (love mages hate hunters etc *still remember the web comic with the nerf\buff switches and the one the hunters switch stuck on nerf and leave alone GC sign) but now to me it seems there is much much more over the general design state of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    While there was always nastiness on the WOW forums I give GC some credit (now after the fact) that (just a guess from being there, maybe selective memory) 75-80% of the bitching was over class balances\nerfs etc (love mages hate hunters etc *still remember the web comic with the nerf\buff switches and the one the hunters switch stuck on nerf and leave alone GC sign) but now to me it seems there is much much more over the general design state of the game.
    I am interested in seeing what he does with the upcoming LoL MMO. I will not be playing it, as I don't think the design intentions align with what I'd want, but I will be interested in seeing how it turns out.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I am here to witness the final defeat of the devs hate for matchmaking. It is like a sunbath in a spring rain. And the ultimate "Didnt i say so?" moment.

But they very likely will stay stubborn. Which is both cute and .. well.. stupid.

"No DF no matter what you want!" - Holly Longdale
    Fuck me this is some hardcore delusion. I don't have a strong opinion on LFD (I'd probably prefer having it overall), but you're just scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I am interested in seeing what he does with the upcoming LoL MMO. I will not be playing it, as I don't think the design intentions align with what I'd want, but I will be interested in seeing how it turns out.
    We know nothing about the League MMO so how can you say that you don’t think it’s design intentions don’t align with what you want?

Unless you’re saying it’s an MMO, and you don’t want an MMO. Because that’s all we know about it right now, that it is an MMO.

Seems like someone just wanted so sound intelligent while sipping their morning coffee lol