Covenant transmog restrictions?

I have a Warlock with Night Fae at renown 80 and all campaign done, I have a DK with Necrolords at renown 80 and all campaign done and DH with Venthyr at renown 80 with all campaign done.

I thought the campaign gear would be account bound? For example my Night Fae Warlock would be able to wear the cloth Necrolord set as my DK is renown 80 and finished the campaign, or my DK could wear the plate Venthyr set as my DH is renown 80 and finished the campaign with them, but none of them seem to be account bound - with the exception that my Paladin who is Kyrian and renown 60 and not done the campaign can use the plate Necrolord set my DK has earnt.

Is it done per armour type, so to get all 4 covenant sets on all 4 armour types you'd need 16 characters maxed out on renown and the campaign?!!
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

All your cloth characters can use Night Fae cloth campaign mog
    All your plate characters can use Necrolord plate campaign mog
    All your leather characters can use Venthyr leather campaign mog

You need one character per armor class doing all 4 campaigns. Remember to buy the 60 renown thingy, campaign alone will get you up to 80 easily. You can buy all 239 conduits in Zereth Mortis if you have the reputation too. Not that it's needed, campaigns can be done naked I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post

You need one character per armor class doing all 4 campaigns. Remember to buy the 60 renown thingy, campaign alone will get you up to 80 easily. You can buy all 239 conduits in Zereth Mortis if you have the reputation too. Not that it's needed, campaigns can be done naked I guess.
    Also, Korthia sets have no restrictions, so once you get them, you can use then on any toon at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post

Ok that makes sense - although a bit disappointing on Blizzards part tbh.

If I was to swap covenants on my warlock to say Necrolords would I lose the Night Fae cloth transmog? Also would I need to do the full campaign as Necrolords to unlock that transmog?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Ok that makes sense - although a bit disappointing on Blizzards part tbh.

If I was to swap covenants on my warlock to say Necrolords would I lose the Night Fae cloth transmog? Also would I need to do the full campaign as Necrolords to unlock that transmog?
    Once unlocked you don't lose anything. A char that has 80 renown in one covenant can switch freely.

I think the last piece of transmog set was given at chapter 8/9, but when you got this far might just as well do 9/9

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Also, Korthia sets have no restrictions, so once you get them, you can use then on any toon at all.
    Only if the character who unlocked them, is of Renown 80 with the relevant covenant.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Only if the character who unlocked them, is of Renown 80 with the relevant covenant.
    No, that's false. All my toons can use all of the Korthia sets, even from covenants they've never been in.

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Also would I need to do the full campaign as Necrolords to unlock that transmog?
    wouldnt loose anything, but you would need to do campaign OR alternatively farm anima nad offerings and buy recolor from vendor (need renown 40, which you can buy)

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    No, that's false. All my toons can use all of the Korthia sets, even from covenants they've never been in.
    Read what I wrote please.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann