Thread: So… Tinkers

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    If you want to play tinkers there is a fairly popular private server that has 21 new lore based classes they are working on including tinkers that will be released on a fresh server in the future. It is in alpha currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Sure, if you limit it to two things that are either unrelated to the Tinker concept, completely ignore the theme, or you use your own biased and limited view of what an ability could do.

Let's look at healing for example. Why are we talking about "injections" when Blizzard could simply base the healing spec on the Goblin Alchemist hero from WC3 and combine that concept with a few abilities from Blackfuse and Mekkatorque?

Healing Spray: Sprays the area with a magical spray that heals your allies and repairs your devices. Spray lingers in the area for 3 seconds before dissipating.

Unstable Concoction: Lobs an unstable concoction at a targeted area that heals allies and damages enemies in its radius. The longer the button is held, the more healing and damage the concoction will do. However, at max charge, the concoction has a chance to explode, dealing damage to the caster!

Bouncing Elixir Blast: Blasts a target with an unstable elixir that heals/damages an ally/enemy for X. If the elixir crit heals/damages, the potion will bounce back to the caster, healing them and adding an additional charge. (2 charges, 25 sec. recharge).

Heal Bot: You deploy a robotic assistant that heals nearby allies for X%. Robotic assistant lasts until cancelled.

Shield Generator: (passive) Standing near a turret reduces the damage you or an ally takes by X%.

Medical Bay (Replaces Pocket Factory): Deploy a medical bay that constructs and launches healing robots that heal nearby allies. At end of the duration, healing robots leave scrap.

Andrenaline Bomb
    : Increases the attack power and movement speed of a target for X seconds.

Transmute: Turns a party member into gold, increasing their armor by X%, and removing all disease, poison, and curse effects. For the duration, all healing effects on the target are increased by X%. (CD)

Looks like they're bringing quite a few new things to the table. Interesting considering that healing has the least amount of available compared to DPS and Tanking.

Heck, I'd even have the healing spec ride on the back of an ogre like it does in WC3;

And with the ogre, you can get abilities such as;

Ogre Pack: (passive) Your ogre allows you to carry additional items.

Chemical Rage: Induce your ogre into a rage, increasing movement speed, and slashing nearby enemies with its blades. Damage done by your ogre heals nearby allies. At the end of Chemical Rage, damage done by your ogre increases your healing ability based on the amount of damage done for X seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

No. The Tinker concept is too large for a class skin, and no class is even close to its theme.

It isn't like Witch Doctor and Shaman where you can simply add a few voodoo totems and call it a day. Tinkers are fundamentally different than any other class in WoW. The introduction of Evokers has little to do with the possibility of Tinkers. The game still lacks a technology-based class given the abundance of technology within the gameworld.
    Blames me for thinking in a bias.. Now I've seen it all. Just stop.

Stop being a cult member and demanding everyone think your way. You won't convince everyone, accept that different people like different things. OK? Cool!

Your theory is just as biased as mine. Because we both know the same amount of what Blizzard will do. Exactly 0

In Dota 2 (and before that, in DotA Allstars on Warcraft III's online Battle.net back in the day) there is the Tinker hero. I think the kit around Tinker would fit quite well in WoW to be honest. It's original incarnation in DotA Allstars was just an expanded/revamped version of the Goblin Tinker neutral hero in Warcraft III. It's pretty nifty.

Some of the spells/abilities it has is shooting a large Laser at the target reducing their chance to hit for a short time, shooting a Heat-Seeking Missile, "Rearm" that reduces the cooldown of all spells/abilities currently on cooldown (Rearm itself being a long cooldown), and putting shields on allies for a short time that reduces damage.

The hero also used to have a spell that summons a legion of clockwork robots to assault an area in AoE fashion. I think that could be reworked into WoW in the way "Pocket Factory" worked for the Goblin Tinker in Warcraft III: place a small robot factory down that continuously spawns out robots to assault an enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Blames me for thinking in a bias.. Now I've seen it all. Just stop.

Stop being a cult member and demanding everyone think your way. You won't convince everyone, accept that different people like different things. OK? Cool!

Your theory is just as biased as mine. Because we both know the same amount of what Blizzard will do. Exactly 0
    Incorrect. The Tinker offering a theme that no other class offers means that it offers abilities that no other class can offer. In turn, that means that it will assuredly offer new things to the class lineup. In addition, the Tinker abilities showcased by the WC3 and HotS heroes are unique and different than what we have in the current class lineup. Those are simply the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Injections would be a hot based healing system.. You know what I mean.

No matter how you spin it, Tinkers would not bring anything new to the table.

Mechanical turrets are just totems
    We have enough tank specs. Just need more ways to get people to play them.
    We have all the healing archetypes covered.
    That is a big assumption. ^^' SWTOR operative heales with injections for example, and they heal instantly. Though they got HoT's as well. I don't think it means anything in terms of game mechanics.

Pretty sure i proved they would. The turrets alone are something the game doesn't have. But the whole concept of a tech based class is missing.

They are turrets. The totem you talk about doesn't exist in the game and totems in the game do not have that kind of ability. They are passive buffs.
    The rest is your opinion ofc.