Thread: So… Tinkers

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    So, Tinker is still a possibility in the future. I think the question we have to ask is, will the tinker(AKA artificer) be a better addition to the game than additional specs or other favorite archetypes like the bard. Adding a new class is no small feat and it is a formal commitment to maintaining and supporting those specs indefinitely. That's a huge commitment.

    The other question is, can you pull a dark Ranger and just add it in the game via cosmetic options? Not just for tinker but for any new additions really.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Fine. Two expansions. Still doesn't change the argument one iota, since warlocks held onto Metamorphosis for four expansions.


    I'm glad you agree. Good to see you're finally starting to see reason. That picture is really not of a monk. Just a pandaren merrily drinking ale.
    Genuinely curious, do you really think a Dark Ranger class is still on the table? Not playing with technicalities of whether it's possible or not, I'm talking about whether you think it would actually be made into a class in the future.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Anything is possible in WoW, so this line of reasoning is cantankerous at best. If MMO-C has taught me anything it’s that class advocates with their mockery are insufferable.
    No, "anything" isn't really possible. Unless you're just admitting that you're delusional, then sure. I'm not advocating for the Tinker class, or any other class, I'm following the pattern Blizzard has laid out so far with each of their new classes. They're not going to create an entire expansion, where a Tinker class is at the center of it. If you disagree that's fine, but the logic tracks.

  4. #64
    Over 9000! Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    9,209
    Never say never...I'd like to see them some day

  5. #65
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    24,110
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    No, "anything" isn't really possible. Unless you're just admitting that you're delusional, then sure. I'm not advocating for the Tinker class, or any other class, I'm following the pattern Blizzard has laid out so far with each of their new classes. They're not going to create an entire expansion, where a Tinker class is at the center of it. If you disagree that's fine, but the logic tracks.
    There’s always a very high chance for an expansion based in Undermine, the capital of the Goblin world. Like Dragon Isles it was a planned continent in vanilla, and unlike Dragon Isles, its been mentioned in lore countless times. There’s even early Vanilla WoW maps showing it, including the Vanilla WoW cinematic.

  6. #66
    This is how I know that most of MMO-C doesn't even play wow. I have never seen anyone in game ever mention tinkers.

    No one cares

  7. #67
    I'll just say its amusing some people are still hammering down the whole "XYZ class is impossible" thing when they just pulled Dracthyr and Evokers out of their ass with zero foreshadowing.

  8. #68
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    24,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I'll just say its amusing some people are still hammering down the whole "XYZ class is impossible" thing when they just pulled Dracthyr and Evokers out of their ass with zero foreshadowing.
    Eh, the DEs are largely based on characters like Alexstraza and Wrathion, and both were heavily utilized at the end of BFA.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Eh, the DEs are largely based on characters like Alexstraza and Wrathion, and both were heavily utilized at the end of BFA.
    They are super secret dragon soldiers created by Deathwing. Random dragon related stuff (which is almost every expansion btw) is not foreshadowing.

  10. #70
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    24,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    They are super secret dragon soldiers created by Deathwing. Random dragon related stuff (which is almost every expansion btw) is not foreshadowing.
    Thats the lore to justify them being playable. Mechanically, ability wise, and conceptually the idea of a dragon utilizing the power of the aspects and being able to take a mortal form is well established among major WC dragon characters. Evokers even have their abilities.

  11. #71
    I am Murloc! SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    5,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Genuinely curious, do you really think a Dark Ranger class is still on the table? Not playing with technicalities of whether it's possible or not, I'm talking about whether you think it would actually be made into a class in the future.
    No.

    You have your Elf Customizations and a TMog. Sit down.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

    Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

  12. #72
    Given what Blizzard has done to dragons when people asked for playable dragons and how vocal tinker fanatics have been I suspect the next class will be a magic using cloth class that summons undead that's named the Tinker.

  13. #73
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Genuinely curious, do you really think a Dark Ranger class is still on the table? Not playing with technicalities of whether it's possible or not, I'm talking about whether you think it would actually be made into a class in the future.
    *shrugs*

    I don't rule it out as "impossible". The dark ranger concept, at this very moment, is basically in the same boat the demon hunter was shortly before its implementation: another class has its tier set, another class weapons and abilities, etc. Warlocks had a firm grasp onto the Metamorphosis ability, to the point it became the bread-and-butter of an entire spec and not just a simple DPS cooldown, and yet they still lost it in the end when Blizzard decided to bring the DH into the playable roster.

    And what I said above in no way means I'm implying "dark rangers are nigh!!" or anything of the sort. I'm just pointing out that it's simply not impossible for a dark ranger class to become playable, even with the concept's current situation.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    There’s always a very high chance for an expansion based in Undermine, the capital of the Goblin world.
    False.

    Is there a chance? Sure. Then again, there's always "a chance" for anything to happen. A very high chance, though? Not in the least. If it was truly "very high chance" it'd have been realized already and we would have an Undermine-based expansion. But we're going into the ninth expansion and so far nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephod View Post
    Biggest L in Dragonflight is the dracthyr, and I would gladly swap them (and Evoker) for tinker.
    Biggest win of DF is Tinker remaining a dead meme. Hopefully forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    No.

    You have your Elf Customizations and a TMog. Sit down.
    When will DKs get that old "undead" customization a lot of undead npcs in old Scholo had? Purple around the eyes and gray/purple skin?

  16. #76
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    24,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    False.

    Is there a chance? Sure. Then again, there's always "a chance" for anything to happen. A very high chance, though? Not in the least. If it was truly "very high chance" it'd have been realized already and we would have an Undermine-based expansion. But we're going into the ninth expansion and so far nothing.
    Your argument would have some merit if this were the final WoW expansion. However, since there’s any number of WoW expansions ahead, an Undermine expansion is very likely on the table. Why? Because it was originally planned to be in the game, just like the landmass that is the focal point of the upcoming expansion.

  17. #77
    Some day, some day.

  18. #78
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    24,110
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Given what Blizzard has done to dragons when people asked for playable dragons and how vocal tinker fanatics have been I suspect the next class will be a magic using cloth class that summons undead that's named the Tinker.
    But we literally got playable dragons that have the powers of the aspects. What are we missing?

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    *shrugs*

    I don't rule it out as "impossible". The dark ranger concept, at this very moment, is basically in the same boat the demon hunter was shortly before its implementation: another class has its tier set, another class weapons and abilities, etc. Warlocks had a firm grasp onto the Metamorphosis ability, to the point it became the bread-and-butter of an entire spec and not just a simple DPS cooldown, and yet they still lost it in the end when Blizzard decided to bring the DH into the playable roster.

    And what I said above in no way means I'm implying "dark rangers are nigh!!" or anything of the sort. I'm just pointing out that it's simply not impossible for a dark ranger class to become playable, even with the concept's current situation.
    Again, I'm not talking about possibilities. Cuz 'Do you think they would make Demon Hunters' and 'Do you think Demon Hunters are possible' are two very different questions. I'm not talking about possibliities. I'm talking about whether you think Dark Rangers have a future as a standalone class and if you think Blizzard would do it.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-08-12 at 12:29 AM.

  20. #80
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Your argument would have some merit if this were the final WoW expansion. However, since there’s any number of WoW expansions ahead, an Undermine expansion is very likely on the table. Why? Because it was originally planned to be in the game, just like the landmass that is the focal point of the upcoming expansion.
    That's not how it works. If something has a "very high chance" of happening then its occurrence is almost guaranteed, and "very high" implies a chance above 50% of happening. Getting a number above 5 in a 20-sided dice is a "very high chance". And the dice so far has been tossed a total of nine times. So it's either not a "very high chance" as you're claiming, or you have one of the worst luck in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •