Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    and ofc it’s waaay less weird to white knight a company, with a past like Blizz, to infinity? ofc!

    not really meant offensive per se, but sorry, it’s really hard to take you serious, when looking at your posts of the last 3-5 years, when Blizz became what Blizz became, and looking at Blizzards actions, while looking at your posts. i just can’t take you serious, sorry.

    not meant that offensive, but you already crossed that thin line of still being somewhat rational and realistic, keeping up some rational relations while not looking naive AF.
    I like how you say "not really meant offensive " not once, but twice to try and hide your flaming

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    and ofc it’s waaay less weird to white knight a company, with a past like Blizz, to infinity? ofc!

    not really meant offensive per se, but sorry, it’s really hard to take you serious, when looking at your posts of the last 3-5 years, when Blizz became what Blizz became, and looking at Blizzards actions, while looking at your posts. i just can’t take you serious, sorry.

    not meant that offensive, but you already crossed that thin line of still being somewhat rational and realistic, keeping up some rational relations while not looking naive AF.
    If you can't even defend your own point, then you never even had one to begin with.

  3. #23
    Pandaren Monk czarek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    zug zug
    Posts
    1,966
    Welcome back old friend

  4. #24
    Bloodsail Admiral Konteil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    C137 For now......
    Posts
    1,155
    why do so many people who hate the game and te company so much even come on here. if you hate it that much why not just disengage from it? as for the "well i used to play and now i just wanna see what its doing because i left when it did me dirty" crowd......you know that's stalk and harass behavior yeah? its like yall broke up with blizz and wow and now yall are showing up at its new bfs house everyday to call him names and harass him cause reasons. someone explain the mentality to me cause i cant understand it...

    if its that bad to you that you never say anything good at all and just tear it down move one. the relationship is dead let it die.

  5. #25
    The Lightbringer MrPaladinGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wherever the pizza is
    Posts
    3,232
    Not allowing selling via the app is the proper choice.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.280v | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Konteil View Post
    why do so many people who hate the game and te company so much even come on here. if you hate it that much why not just disengage from it? as for the "well i used to play and now i just wanna see what its doing because i left when it did me dirty" crowd......you know that's stalk and harass behavior yeah? its like yall broke up with blizz and wow and now yall are showing up at its new bfs house everyday to call him names and harass him cause reasons. someone explain the mentality to me cause i cant understand it...

    if its that bad to you that you never say anything good at all and just tear it down move one. the relationship is dead let it die.
    These people need to find a new game to play. Reality is they probably can't and to fill the WoW void they put MMOChampion on their homepage and try to put a negative spin on any WoW news.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by kiruz View Post
    well, you must have missed it, but setting auctions won't be possible. Only viewing and buying
    ...yep, missed that part. That's kind of odd.

  8. #28
    Titan Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Under the stars
    Posts
    12,366
    I used to use that table tab back in Legion I have fond memories using it to check auctions and stuff as well as checking auctions, so happy to see something like this come back/

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    and ofc it’s waaay less weird to white knight a company, with a past like Blizz, to infinity? ofc!

    not really meant offensive per se, but sorry, it’s really hard to take you serious, when looking at your posts of the last 3-5 years, when Blizz became what Blizz became, and looking at Blizzards actions, while looking at your posts. i just can’t take you serious, sorry.

    not meant that offensive, but you already crossed that thin line of still being somewhat rational and realistic, keeping up some rational relations while not looking naive AF.
    Man, you need to let it go. Just let the game go. It will feel better. It's not good for health to obsessively follow news about something you dislike that doesn't affect you. And you're being quite offensive and you know it.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Konteil View Post
    why do so many people who hate the game and te company so much even come on here. if you hate it that much why not just disengage from it? as for the "well i used to play and now i just wanna see what its doing because i left when it did me dirty" crowd......you know that's stalk and harass behavior yeah? its like yall broke up with blizz and wow and now yall are showing up at its new bfs house everyday to call him names and harass him cause reasons. someone explain the mentality to me cause i cant understand it...

    if its that bad to you that you never say anything good at all and just tear it down move one. the relationship is dead let it die.
    ....it's almost as if it's called MMO champion and not WOW champion. You do know MMoC covers other games and not just WoW right? you do know MMoC has sections/forums for other games not just WoW right?

    Maybe you need to disengage from this site for a little bit

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    ....it's almost as if it's called MMO champion and not WOW champion. You do know MMoC covers other games and not just WoW right? you do know MMoC has sections/forums for other games not just WoW right?

    Maybe you need to disengage from this site for a little bit
    Care to share with the class how many times a front page post has appeared for any other MMO than WoW? Spoiler: The answer is 0.

  12. #32
    Bloodsail Admiral Konteil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    C137 For now......
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    ....it's almost as if it's called MMO champion and not WOW champion. You do know MMoC covers other games and not just WoW right? you do know MMoC has sections/forums for other games not just WoW right?

    Maybe you need to disengage from this site for a little bit
    yes but mny question was specifically tailored to questioning the mentality of if you hate wow so much why waste time on here flaming about it? honest question. why be bothered even renting out thought space to something that obviously makes a person unhappy. let it go.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    ...yep, missed that part. That's kind of odd.
    Not really, it's probably a lot harder to stop bots buying and selling on Android

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Care to share with the class how many times a front page post has appeared for any other MMO than WoW? Spoiler: The answer is 0.
    I'm pretty sure Destiny showed up on the front page before. And that's kinda an MMO.

    But really it always confuses me when people claim "It's not wow champion!". Coz the last time I checked, the only other games that are officially covered are HotS (which is officially maintenance mode) and Overwatch.

    Which is still all Blizzard, and still gets the same common negativity anyway for the most part. Having forums to discuss other topics is fair and all, like I enjoy checking the Nintendo thread usually, but that isn't what this site is focused around and I'm just preaching to the choir anyway at this point

  15. #35
    You can only buy on this auction app and not sell...it's almost like somebody saw a way to put players in a position where they are more likely to buy a WoW token to pay for all the stuff they want to buy...

    too little to late, pure sociopathic Bobby Kotick implementation, WoW looks similar but it's just a prostitute after 5 years of hard drugs.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    You can only buy on this auction app and not sell...it's almost like somebody saw a way to put players in a position where they are more likely to buy a WoW token to pay for all the stuff they want to buy...

    too little to late, pure sociopathic Bobby Kotick implementation, WoW looks similar but it's just a prostitute after 5 years of hard drugs.
    Again, I would love to actually hear the logic behind this when it seems to be that no one wants to actually back it up.

    I can get where people claim that tokens are bought to buy boosts. Because fair, a single token can basically get you a +15 boost, or close to enough gold.

    But for the AH? Anything expensive costs in the millions, like the TCG mounts. Or even BoEs cost a hell of a lot more than buying a carry which also gets you a piece of gear instead.

    The most common stuff that's needed like flasks and potions can be bought with gold just from doing emissaries. There's little to no incentive on the AH to buy a token.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Again, I would love to actually hear the logic behind this when it seems to be that no one wants to actually back it up.

    I can get where people claim that tokens are bought to buy boosts. Because fair, a single token can basically get you a +15 boost, or close to enough gold.

    But for the AH? Anything expensive costs in the millions, like the TCG mounts. Or even BoEs cost a hell of a lot more than buying a carry which also gets you a piece of gear instead.

    The most common stuff that's needed like flasks and potions can be bought with gold just from doing emissaries. There's little to no incentive on the AH to buy a token.
    Have you ever read a marketing book in your life?, this is marketing 101. FOMO; player spends time daily, while at work, checking app for good deals on several types of items and sooner or later comes on something that is rare and player believes it will not last on the auction house. Player does not have that much gold so he buys one or several WoW tokens. If player would have been able to list items on AH then player might have built up a large reservoir of gold and be able to avoid buying WoW token/s.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    You can only buy on this auction app and not sell...it's almost like somebody saw a way to put players in a position where they are more likely to buy a WoW token to pay for all the stuff they want to buy...
    I'm confused, what part of "You can only buy things on the AH in the movile app" leads to WoW token? You can't buy wow tokens on the app, you can't list them for sale, where is the push to spend money?

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Have you ever read a marketing book in your life?, this is marketing 101. FOMO; player spends time daily, while at work, checking app for good deals on several types of items and sooner or later comes on something that is rare and player believes it will not last on the auction house. Player does not have that much gold so he buys one or several WoW tokens. If player would have been able to list items on AH then player might have built up a large reservoir of gold and be able to avoid buying WoW token/s.
    Except I already covered this.

    Anything rare on the AH is worth millions. That's stuff like the TCG mounts or Mythic BoEs. If anyone was so desperate to buy those TCG mounts for money, either they would have bought the card itself OR they would have just done the same on in-game. You're describing an issue that, if it exists, already exists in game. And I'm not saying that issue exists, because it's such an extreme situation. But it doesn't justify why the average player shouldn't have access to be able to just buy mats/flasks on their phone before raid, which is what this will overwhelmingly actually be used for.

    Mythic BoEs, as a side note, which are more expensive than just buying a +15 carry that gets you a Mythic level piece of gear weekly. Also nothing about the AH being mobile suddenly would allow players to make gold if they didn't have gold in the first place.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2022-08-13 at 04:08 AM.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    I'm confused, what part of "You can only buy things on the AH in the movile app" leads to WoW token? You can't buy wow tokens on the app, you can't list them for sale, where is the push to spend money?
    Blizzard will make it possible to buy token and sell it on app because they will claim that "players asked for it so much" and "it will protect players from scams", I GUARANTEE IT.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Except I already covered this.

    Anything rare on the AH is worth millions. That's stuff like the TCG mounts or Mythic BoEs. If anyone was so desperate to buy those TCG mounts for money, either they would have bought the card itself OR they would have just done the same on in-game. You're describing an issue that, if it exists, already exists in game. And I'm not saying that issue exists, because it's such an extreme situation. But it doesn't justify why the average player shouldn't have access to be able to just buy mats/flasks on their phone before raid, which is what this will overwhelmingly actually be used for.

    Mythic BoEs, as a side note, which are more expensive than just buying a +15 carry that gets you a Mythic level piece of gear weekly. Also nothing about the AH being mobile suddenly would allow players to make gold if they didn't have gold in the first place.
    Ok, FOMO can mean the price is below the standard insane pricing that the regular resellers list the items at. Rare items can include; companion pets, older BoE's to transmog, matts for leveling professions or making an item, recipes for professions, etc, etc, etc.

    If you think that this app is being released so some raiders can buy a flask easier then you also believe that the 6 month sub mounts are just a reward Blizzard is giving out just to be nice. Raiders can buy flasks quickly in town or use the AH mount that high level raiders bought enough to find it pretty often in raid groups.

    Even casual players will usually have enough gold to start buying and relisting items on the AH along with relisting the items they have farmed because there price is being undercut.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •