Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Ok, FOMO can mean the price is below the standard insane pricing that the regular resellers list the items at. Rare items can include; companion pets, older BoE's to transmog, matts for leveling professions or making an item, recipes for professions, etc, etc, etc.
    That isn't what FOMO means. FOMO is in regards to things that are being removed. There's no fear for anything that you just listed, because any of it is farmable.

    Like, c'mon. TCG mounts is more applicable than any of that.

    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    If you think that this app is being released so some raiders can buy a flask easier then you also believe that the 6 month sub mounts are just a reward Blizzard is giving out just to be nice. Raiders can buy flasks quickly in town or use the AH mount that high level raiders bought enough to find it pretty often in raid groups.
    Wow, a strawman and stretching at the same time. I never said it's being released for that, so cut that out because that ain't an argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Even casual players will usually have enough gold to start buying and relisting items on the AH along with relisting the items they have farmed because there price is being undercut.
    Then they would do that where it's far more easier and profitable to do it through the actual game, rather than wasting their time on an app where it's more time-consuming to do it.

    I mean, come on. The fact that you have to claim that they're definitely going to add the WoW token to it without any actual source or reason to think so just shows that there's a major flaw to your logic.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Blizzard will make it possible to buy token and sell it on app because they will claim that "players asked for it so much" and "it will protect players from scams", I GUARANTEE IT.
    Nope, I can 100% guarantee that they won't, because buying a token on the mobile app would remove all their profit, because of the 30% app store tax. It would be a moronic decision from the perspective of attempting to make more money.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Nask View Post
    I like how you say "not really meant offensive " not once, but twice to try and hide your flaming
    yeah indeed it was really not meant that offensive. maybe that’s why i said it twice. but it’s just my opinion. and i am just not a friend of that whiteknight’y behavior. same as ppls are not friends of complaining behaviour either. so, how should i post an opinion on a „discussion“ forum else, in your opinion?

    no clue what to say here. if i started the biggest flame war in history, i maybe could understand you. but there are not that much ways to comment a contrary opinion of someone who’s opinion is not yours, without sounding a bit flamable.

    and just to add this here: i didn’t started that. i just did some general ontopic post. then JJ started to comment that post and my opinion (you can call this „flame“ too, by your definition). so, no clue what to say else here, tbh.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    If you can't even defend your own point, then you never even had one to begin with.
    ah, ok.

    tbh, YOU started talking to me. not otherwise around. and since you just bore me and to find a quick way to end this:

    yes, you are 100% right. it was my fault. i agree.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Man, you need to let it go. Just let the game go. It will feel better. It's not good for health to obsessively follow news about something you dislike that doesn't affect you. And you're being quite offensive and you know it.
    maybe you not read that part in my post when i said that you can like a game without loving it’s company. is it really needed to praise Blizzard, just to like wow? why should i stop playing wow? just because i don’t wanna give Blizz a BJ for being SUCH a great company? really don’t get your statement. tbh, fanboyz are really strange ppls, imo.

    but: ok. i agree. you are right.

    - - - Updated - - -

    @Jester Joe said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe
    …to just buy mats/flasks on their phone before raid, which is what this will overwhelmingly actually be used for.
    @khazmodan said:
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan
    If you think that this app is being released so some raiders can buy a flask easier then you also believe that the 6 month sub mounts are just a reward Blizzard is giving out just to be nice. Raiders can buy flasks quickly in town or use the AH mount that high level raiders bought enough to find it pretty often in raid groups.
    @Jester Joe said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Wow, a strawman and stretching at the same time. I never said it's being released for that, so cut that out because that ain't an argument.

    @khazmodan @Jester Joe

    Either i got it wrong, or you are the craziest guy on this forum, JJ.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe
    …to just buy mats/flasks on their phone before raid, which is what this will overwhelmingly actually be used for.
    Wasn’t this your words, just 1 post above your quote??? or do i get something wrong here? don’t get it, tbh.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-08-13 at 10:57 AM.

  4. #44
    Fluffy Kitten Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    8,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    yeah indeed it was really not meant that offensive. maybe that’s why i said it twice. but it’s just my opinion. and i am just not a friend of that whiteknight’y behavior. same as ppls are not friends of complaining behaviour either. so, how should i post an opinion on a „discussion“ forum else, in your opinion?

    no clue what to say here. if i started the biggest flame war in history, i maybe could understand you. but there are not that much ways to comment a contrary opinion of someone who’s opinion is not yours, without sounding a bit flamable.

    and just to add this here: i didn’t started that. i just did some general ontopic post. then JJ started to comment that post and my opinion (you can call this „flame“ too, by your definition). so, no clue what to say else here, tbh.
    What I don't get is why anyone with an opposing opinion to yours is automatically white-knighting Blizzard. You came here and posted that Blizzard is just looking for a way to milk more money out of people through token sales, which is already a stretch seeing as you can't buy or sell them via the app at this time. People replied to you opposing this "opinion" of yours with facts, and suddenly they're therefore white-knighting Blizzard? It was you who came here and made a drastic assumption in the first place, one you can't even back up.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    What I don't get is why anyone with an opposing opinion to yours is automatically white-knighting Blizzard. You came here and posted that Blizzard is just looking for a way to milk more money out of people through token sales, which is already a stretch seeing as you can't buy or sell them via the app at this time. People replied to you opposing this "opinion" of yours with facts, and suddenly they're therefore white-knighting Blizzard? It was you who came here and made a drastic assumption in the first place, one you can't even back up.
    what are you talking about? i just agreed to the post of @Khaza-R After that, @Jester Joe started his, in my eyes whiteknightish (sorry, but that’s just my opinion, you got yours and i got mine), post offensive. he commented me, not otherwise around. and no, i didnt start to bring up that GIANT arguments. i fukin just agreed and commented the post of @Khaza-R

    maybe have a look again at page1 of this thread?
    maybe you confusing things or posters here?

    let’s recap what happened so far:

    1)
    guy1 posts: „Blizz wanna sell more tokens to milk their product.“

    2)
    guy2 comes up, agrees and says: „yes, they milk it.“

    3)
    guy3 comes up commenting and attacking guy2 for that and also telling why this is not milking and totally fine.

    4)
    guy2 says he finds that a whiteknight stance and has another opinion about topic.

    5)
    guy3 defending and attacking (for whatevr reason).

    6)
    guy4 joins, defending Blizz and attacking guy2 for not doing the same. also defending guy3 (for whatevr reason, because there is nothing to defend) and attacking guy2 again.

    7)
    guy2 defending and clarifying his opinion.

    8)
    guy3 and guy4 declaring guy2 a hater, complainer and put in his mouth: „everyone not having your opinion is a whiteknight you say!“

    WTF???
    Do you even realize how crazy this is???

    legend:
    guy1 = Khaza-R
    guy2 = me
    guy3 = Jester Joe
    guy4 = you
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-08-13 at 11:15 AM.

  6. #46
    Fluffy Kitten Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    8,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    <snip>
    Yes, you posted you "thought the same" followed by "milk it" a few times, which pretty much means you hold the same opinion that Blizzard are trying to milk money out of people with the AH coming to the mobile app. This is the post that Jester Joe replied to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    yeah, lol. can’t say i not thought the same.

    milk it, milk it, milk it!

    It's safe to say you assume Blizzard are trying to "milk it" with what you posted, correct?

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Yes, you posted you "thought the same" followed by "milk it" a few times, which pretty much means you hold the same opinion that Blizzard are trying to milk money out of people with the AH coming to the mobile app. This is the post that Jester Joe replied to.

    It's safe to say you assume Blizzard are trying to "milk it" with what you posted, correct?
    yes, this is 100% correct.

    and you not find it somewhat crazy what followed? i mean, it wasn’t me attacking YOU or Jester Joe for your opinion! you started commenting MY opinion. not otherwise around!

    what you expected? that someone else with another opinion instantly change his opinion to yours, after you attacking him?
    i don’t get it…

    and THEN you wondering i value this „whiteknightish“ ????
    i REALLY don’t get it…

    and THEN you come up with „everyone not having your opinion is a whiteknight“. and you don’t find that somewhat crazy?
    iREALLY REALLY don’t get it….
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-08-13 at 11:24 AM.

  8. #48
    Fluffy Kitten Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    8,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    yes, this is 100% correct.

    and you not find it somewhat crazy what followed? i mean, it wasn’t me attacking YOU or Jester Joe for your opinion! you started commenting MY opinion. not otherwise around!

    what you expected? that someone else with another opinion instantly change his opinion to yours, after you attacking him? i don’t get it…
    The point I'm trying to get through to you is quite simple: People with an opinion different to yours aren't automatically Blizzard white-knights, and to call people that for merely opposing your opinion is juvenile.

    Jester Joe didn't even attack you, he merely countered your "milk it" argument with logic. You were the one who decided to label him a white-knight for countering your opinion.

    Again, it's juvenile and frankly, pretty sad.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    The point I'm trying to get through to you is quite simple: People with an opinion different to yours aren't automatically Blizzard white-knights, and to call people that for merely opposing your opinion is juvenile.

    Jester Joe didn't even attack you, he merely countered your "milk it" argument with logic. You were the one who decided to label him a white-knight for countering your opinion.

    Again, it's juvenile and frankly, pretty sad.
    read your first statement here. that’s exactly what Jester Joe did. „ppl with an opinion not Blizzard-friendly are automatically game hater“. not ME started saying his opinion is wrong (which is totally stupid, because it’s an opinion). no, HE started doing that. and THEREFORE i call him a whiteknight. i didn’t called him a whiteknight out of the blue. HE started attacking me, not otherwise around. it seems you not realize that.

    do you not realize what you are saying here?

    i would 100% agree with you, if ME started that shit. but JJ and YOU did, not me! this is just crazy.

    tbh, you fanyboys are just too crazy for me and i don’t want to invest time in such shit. lol, and after 17 years of uninterrupted sub, i should be labeled „fanboy“. but this fanboyism is nearly an obsession. and that’s just a bit too crazy for me, sorry. so i am out here. just let’s say i got your point and agree. and ofc you can value this as my easy-way-out, because of out-of-arguments. that’s ok to me.

    nonetheless have a nice WE!
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-08-13 at 11:37 AM.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    and THEN you wondering i value this „whiteknightish“ ????
    i REALLY don’t get it…
    The problem is that "whiteknighting" is a derogatory term that is not at all applicable to people who simply do not share your opinion.

    You are of course free to insult people, but don't be surprised if they tell you to fuck off.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    The problem is that "whiteknighting" is a derogatory term that is not at all applicable to people who simply do not share your opinion.

    You are of course free to insult people, but don't be surprised if they tell you to fuck off.
    yeah, maybe it’s that. i would more agree, if i started that whiteknight thing out of the blue (see post above). but it was not me attacking JJ. he started that not me. and the same you said above happens there too: if you start attacking ppls for saying something about Blizz you not like, don’t be surprised they call you a whiteknight.

    but nonetheless: maybe you are right.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-08-13 at 11:40 AM.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    read your first statement here. that’s exactly what Jester Joe did. „ppl with an opinion not Blizzard-friendly are automatically game hater“. not ME started saying his opinion is wrong (which is totally stupid, because it’s an opinion). no, HE started doing that. and THEREFORE i call him a whiteknight. i didn’t called him a whiteknight out of the blue. HE started attacking me, not otherwise around. it seems you not realize that.

    do you not realize what you are saying here?

    i would 100% agree with you, if ME started that shit. but JJ and YOU did, not me! this is just crazy.

    tbh, you fanyboys are just too crazy for me and i don’t want to invest time in such shit. lol, and after 17 years of uninterrupted sub, i should be labeled „fanboy“. but this fanboyism is nearly an obsession. and that’s just a bit too crazy for me, sorry. so i am out here. just let’s say i got your point and agree. and ofc you can value this as my easy-way-out, because of out-of-arguments. that’s ok to me.

    nonetheless have a nice WE!
    What a weirdo Kindergarten tier rant "I DIDN'T START IT WAAH". You are the first person in this thread to imply blizzard is "milking" with this.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Nask View Post
    What a weirdo Kindergarten tier rant "I DIDN'T START IT WAAH". You are the first person in this thread to imply blizzard is "milking" with this.
    yeah ofc. i never said i do not. heck, thats all what is even in my first post (a 1line comment to a post of Khaza-R). and therefore (saying my opinion, or just agree to his) i got attacked. and for this attack i called someone a whiteknight. and now ppls here go „WAAH, he said whiteknight“. and you tell ME started the kindergarten???

    you ppls need help. really.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-08-13 at 11:45 AM.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    yeah ofc. i never said i do not. heck, thats all what is even in my first post. and therefore (saying my opinion) i got attacked. and for this attack i called someone a whiteknight. and now ppls here go „WAAH, he said whiteknight“. and you tell ME started the kindergarten????
    Your opinion is shit and clearly wrong as stated by the facts of what can you do with the app.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Nask View Post
    Your opinion is shit and clearly wrong as stated by the facts of what can you do with the app.
    ok. i agree to you. you are right. have a nice WE.

  16. #56
    Mind if I roll need? xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    26,969
    Let's cut out the personal attacks and stay on topic.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    Either i got it wrong, or you are the craziest guy on this forum, JJ.
    Okay, first off, pinging someone THREE times for the post when you're "bored of them" isnt exactly what I would say is bored. Let's just get that out of the way.

    Second off, removing a line out of context to misquote someone ISN'T how English works.

    "But it doesn't justify why the average player shouldn't have access to be able to just buy mats/flasks on their phone before raid, which is what this will overwhelmingly actually be used for." is what I actually said.

    And you understand how that's different than saying "this is what the app was made for", right?

    If I boot up the mobile AH to buy raid supplies, that's me using it JUST to do that.

    That doesn't effect what the app designed for. Nor does it suddenly remove any other option existing in the app.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Okay, first off, pinging someone THREE times for the post when you're "bored of them" isnt exactly what I would say is bored. Let's just get that out of the way.

    Second off, removing a line out of context to misquote someone ISN'T how English works.

    "But it doesn't justify why the average player shouldn't have access to be able to just buy mats/flasks on their phone before raid, which is what this will overwhelmingly actually be used for." is what I actually said.

    And you understand how that's different than saying "this is what the app was made for", right?

    If I boot up the mobile AH to buy raid supplies, that's me using it JUST to do that.

    That doesn't effect what the app designed for. Nor does it suddenly remove any other option existing in the app.
    as you already stated, english is not my native language. but just to get it right, because i am just not sure if i understand what you tell me: is saying „my opinion is, the app is mostly used for X“ NOT the same as saying „in my opinion Blizzards reason to do this app is X, because Blizzard thinks most ppl will use it for X“? and if it’s NOT the same: is it that what you are pointing at?

    just to make it sure: this question is meant seriously. i just not get it right and try to find out what you say. seriously.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-08-13 at 04:35 PM.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    as you already stated, english is not my native language. but just to get it right, because i am just not sure if i understand what you tell me: is saying „my opinion is, the app is mostly used for X“ NOT the same as saying „in my opinion Blizzards reason to do this app is X, because Blizzard thinks most ppl will use it for X“? and if it’s NOT the same: is it that what you are pointing at?

    just to make it sure: this question is meant seriously. i just not get it right and try to find out what you say. seriously.
    I mean, basically.

    Like, if everyone used a car tire for a swing, I could safely say "I think most people use a tire for a swing". But that doesn't mean it's what the car tire was made to do, it just happens to be something it can do.

    That's a far more extreme example since buying mats/flasks is still very normal for AH use, though.

  20. #60
    I'm all for the ability to buy simple stuff quicker while not on the PC. (Flasks for raid, check real quick the prices of special mounts). Eventually it will be even better when they add the ability to sell stuff. Of course it will bother the hardcore players who automate everything with TSM because they like to keep a monopoly of the AH. This is adding a wrench into their plan but letter others access to AH more frequently.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •