Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    The reason they tied humans to Titans was that everything about humans had been ripped to flesh out the space goats in BC. You know, "they're the ORIGINAL paladins!", cranking the Light and church iconography up to eleven (almost to the point of parody), and so on. Robbing Peter to pay Paul continued with ripping Titan heritage from the Dwarves.
    I didn't consider the space goat element, but you're absolutely right. Making draenei the first paladins with a much bigger connection to the Light, which is now delivered by jigsaw space aliens that also turn into entropy elementals as part of their life cycle made the human connection quaint. Mind, humans still had the baseline Azeroth politics going for them and by virtue of being the default race you could spin them out in every direction, so the Titanic heritage addition wasn't necessary to keep humans in a story where basically every big character is a human or an elf anyway, including both the villain and hero of Wrath. That they ended up doing the vrykul part, mostly successfully for humans even if it bent dwarves over a barrel and then also went on to make every relevant hero of every class a human, including eventually the LF draenei leader is why WoW humans are a pox.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    on one hand, tyr has some lore we could explain. on the other stump (hehe), they could just explore tyr fighting alongside the dragons against galakrond and the events following that and flesh out some detail.

and yes, i made this reply just to make the stump joke...

- - - Updated - - -

long story short, titans made rock and metal "golems". yogg boi gave them a curse of flesh, the vrykul were the first spawn of the humanoid model. after generations, the vrykul started having weak and puny kids and they exiled them (humans as we know in warcraft). then a bunch of human stuff happened and tyr fought aside the humans against some old god minions and ended up dying. specifically, tyr died in tirisfal glades which was named after tyr to be tyr's fall but then time passed and people forgot.
    Eh, not quite. Discovering the theft of the Discs, Loken panicked, thinking that if the Pantheon were to look at the information in the Discs, his life would be forfeit. Out of desperation, Loken sent horrific C'Thraxxi monsters after Tyr's group, known as Zakajz the Corruptor and Kith'ix. After many weeks they found Tyr and his companions, far to the south, in a tranquil glade. Tyr ordered Archaedas and Ironaya to flee further south with the rest, while he remained to hold off the C'Thraxxi. They fought for six days and six nights, and eventually, Tyr decided to sacrifice his life to protect his friends. He unleashed all his remaining energy in a blinding explosion, killing Zakazj and dying as well. The severely wounded Kith'ix fled to the west and did not come back.

In honor of her friend, Ironaya named the glade "Tyr's Fall", which in the vrykul tongue translated to Tirisfal. They built a tomb and buried Tyr and his foe where they lay. Then they created a shrine to Tyr out of his silver hand atop his tomb, as a memorial to his sacrifice.[10] His hammer, [The Silver Hand], was stored inside the tomb as well.[1] The vrykul were so moved by Tyr's sacrifice that they decided to settle at the battle site and guard Tyr's grave forever. Archaedas, Ironaya, and the rest continued south and ended up settling in Uldaman.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by angrywithmygod View Post
    I don' get why people think im outraged,, nor am I looking for the primary focus of the story to shift. However I do think getting some side quests in a zone explaining more about the titan forged and their heritage might be good. Certainly not looking for generic human guards/Garrisons everywhere just fleshing out a bit more about the past of the humans and the other titan forged
    Maybe for the future when it is about them, and not Dragons, constructs, and the mongrel races.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    on one hand, tyr has some lore we could explain. on the other stump (hehe), they could just explore tyr fighting alongside the dragons against galakrond and the events following that and flesh out some detail.

and yes, i made this reply just to make the stump joke...

- - - Updated - - -

long story short, titans made rock and metal "golems". yogg boi gave them a curse of flesh, the vrykul were the first spawn of the humanoid model. after generations, the vrykul started having weak and puny kids and they exiled them (humans as we know in warcraft). then a bunch of human stuff happened and tyr fought aside the humans against some old god minions and ended up dying. specifically, tyr died in tirisfal glades which was named after tyr to be tyr's fall but then time passed and people forgot.
    So he didn't lead them to new lands, he helped them when they were there and in danger?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who says we don´t, tho? So far we don´t know anything at all about involved lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    So he didn't lead them to new lands, he helped them when they were there and in danger?
    i don't remember the lore that well anymore since i stopped caring with the butchering shadowlands did. he might have led them to that land which would explain why it was named tyr's fall and wasn't named already.