Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Diablo 4 to have NO item Trading and will have Guarantied Class Focused Drops...

Everything that makes diablo "diablo" is effectively dead. This is just Diablo 3.5.....

Gotta say my excitement has completely tanked for this game.

I honestly played Diablo 2 and 3 for the gameplay, not for trading items. I'd rather the gameplay has an endgame that supports progression instead of the players creating a patchwork to replace it through barter systems and endless grinds of boss runs that last a few seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    [Citation Needed]
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

after playing D2R, trading was exhausting. just trying to make a simple transaction took an inordinate amount of time of spamming discords and listing on websites (Unless you had god tier gear, and had to fend off lowball offers).

it was an archaic method of transactions completely outdated now. we've already had 20 years or so of experience having auction houses, bazaar's and other QOL methods of trading.

let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    [Citation Needed]
    A bunch of leaked information was released from the friends and family Alpha. Can be found with a simple google search. But I wont post the information here.

Everything that made Diablo "diablo" revolved solely around not getting the drops you want and relying on other people dropping items on the ground?

Everything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    A bunch of leaked information was released from the friends and family Alpha. Can be found with a simple google search. But I wont post the information here.
    so "Trust me Bro, my Uncle works for Sony Online Entertainment"
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Item trading and muling made diablo what it is? Not sure I would agree with that at all.

Personally I think a hybrid system is ideal. Something that still encourages trading with really an extensive list of very exotic drops but doesn't preclude you from building your own class on a starter.

Always play SSF in arpgs unless coop with my brother or friends anyways and never with randoms but i can see why people would have something against this especially no item trading but also not being able to find items for your other characters.

Kinda strange considering the game seems more of a mmo/open world style.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2022-08-12 at 04:27 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    so "Trust me Bro, my Uncle works for Sony Online Entertainment"
    Dude it’s a friends and family alpha, of course you’re not going to get a source on this because everyone is under an NDA. Duh.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/diablo-4/be...t-loot-trading

They have reported that set items, legendaries, and tier pieces as well as gold can’t be traded.

It seems you can trade low tier items but that’s about it.

I saw this coming a mile away, the way they talked about powers and loot it seemed obvious. No trading though.. it might not be that bad. At least then bots won't ruin the economy like in every other Blizzard game with trading. I haven't really minded no trading in D3, the thing that sucks in D3 is no content.

Trading I don't care for.
    Class restricted drops are quite boring for me tbh... Wish it wasn't and loot is just loot. Then have a system to give it to your other characters.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing Diablo since the original, and I have zero interest in trading with others. If you're big into group play and you can't trade drops among players in that group that farmed that drop, I could see that being a small loss, but if they've designed it so you can't post on Discord or forums about the phat loots you're selling, that's 100% a plus for D4, in my books.

Quote Originally Posted by Somic View Post
    Dude it’s a friends and family alpha, of course you’re not going to get a source on this because everyone is under an NDA. Duh.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/diablo-4/be...t-loot-trading

They have reported that set items, legendaries, and tier pieces as well as gold can’t be traded.

It seems you can trade low tier items but that’s about it.
    Eyo fuck that noise. I get limiting trading on some items, but if there's basically 0 trading at endgame that's a huge, massive loss.

I don't hate "smart" loot, but I also don't like it. Part of the fun of ARPG's is finding super cool gear for alts/friends characters and hanging onto it to use later. When you're basically only farming for yourself you're limiting how quickly you can put together solid builds on alts, which just drags that grind out and prevents you from using a "main" farm character to build up a stash of varied gear for characters you may want to build down the road.

I just still don't freakin get it. One of the things that made D1/2 so successful online was the player trading economies (well, more for D2 since D1 had a lot more duping). Even without the third-party sites like JSP trading kept D2's multiplayer active and healthy for years and years without a single piece of new content or meaningful update to change the game.

D4 looks amazing, but when they make decisions like this it gives me concern for the rest of the game and how they handle many other systems we haven't heard much about.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was one of the better things Diablo 3 did. I don't like the trading game. I want to play. The only trading I want to see is between friends, when both were present as the item dropped.

The Auction House method completely fucked Diablo 3 (even without real money), and the pain-in-the-ass method that is Diablo 2 trading is just old, dumb and obsolete.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

I know I'm not the only person to go "oh thank fuck" because no, trading is NOT what makes diablo - diablo to me. never has. but I've always played it solo, so this actualy makes the game better for me, because i absolutely HATE trying to get an upgrade only to continue to get shit I can't even use.

P.S. correct me if I'm wrong, but bound items can still go into stash and be used by your alts, right?

I fucking hate trading, I am playing an ACTION RPG, not a trading simulator, fuck that noise. Keep that shit out of D4, by far my least favorite part of D2. D3 was at least okay with trading limited to your in game party, anything beyond that is more than I want in a new diablo game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    That was one of the better things Diablo 3 did. I don't like the trading game. I want to play. The only trading I want to see is between friends, when both were present as the item dropped.

The Auction House method completely fucked Diablo 3 (even without real money), and the pain-in-the-ass method that is Diablo 2 trading is just old, dumb and obsolete.
    That's the beauty of trading: You never actually have to! You can play an ARPG like PoE or D2 as long as you want and literally never trade with another person, even if the system exists to allow it.

Technically a good thing, imagine if you could go on a forum and directly buy any Mythic raid gear. You will do it, no doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's the beauty of trading: You never actually have to! You can play an ARPG like PoE or D2 as long as you want and literally never trade with another person, even if the system exists to allow it.
    Yeah, sure. The beauty of it wasn't all that great, when it felt like AH was the only source of anything good, and felt almost pressured to use it. That was one of the major complaints of the Diablo 3 AH. It felt pointless to farm anything, because anything good never dropped, and as the prices kept going down and down as game matured, people started playing the AH more than the actual game. It was shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?