Thread: 11.0 setting.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

11.0 setting.

To my knowledge, the Dragon isles where the final bastion of of new exploration left on azeroth for us.

That being said, where could 11.0 realistically be placed.

I'm pretty convinced that 11.0 will be in K'aresh. As Rafaam will be used in DF to get players familiar with ethereal once more. Murozond will summon Yrel to our timeline at the end and the void and light war will take place in K'aresh, where a void lord was last able to manifest.

But let's say the small chance that this doesn't happen happens. Where else could we possibly go that would have a significant impact???

There aren't any epic islands left to explore.

Ancient azeroth would be too large.

Undermine seems like it'd be a zone/mega dungeon like mechagon.

The underground seems like it'll be tackled in DF with that encrypted 10.1 stuff

Perhaps the remaining 5 zereths? The separated zones in SL weren't met too positively so I doubt it.

Emerald dream?

Na, who am I kidding. I've been right about the setting for each expansion since SL, of course 11.0 is K'aresh....

World revamp. This time for sure.

Calling Dragon Isles after Dragonflight was announced certainly gives you a one-to-one call rate technically... Not even going to start again about your "tinker episode" with your scapegoat "brother".

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    It's not the "final bastion" of exploring Azeroth if 11.0 is another world revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    the small chance that this doesn't happen
    lol

I've been right about the setting for each expansion since SL
    double lol/look everyone it's a literal "broken clock is right twice a day" cliche

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    World revamp. This time for sure.
    This guy gets it. But for sure this time.

How would we possibly know this when we don't even know where 10.2 and 10.3 will take us?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Calling Dragon Isles after Dragonflight was announced certainly gives you a one-to-one call rate technically... Not even going to start again about your "tinker episode" with your scapegoat "brother".
    Actually I called the Dragon isles as 10.0 during SL beta. Look at my post history in 2020

Why you keep bringing my.brother up? You got a crush on him or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    lol

double lol/look everyone it's a literal "broken clock is right twice a day" cliche
    I didn't call it after shooting in the dark. I used my supreme deduction skills that many on this site lack. I'm built different. We are not the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    How would we possibly know this when we don't even know where 10.2 and 10.3 will take us?
    Because Yrel needs to come to use somehow and given that she has a void hate boner and murozond will summon her after void trauma from sinestra in DF and Rafaam is in the expansion, and K'aresh was the last place a void lord manifested. I said all this in the OP

It's a like a lot puzzle. I smarts so that's why I know what's gonna happen

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    It's not the "final bastion" of exploring Azeroth if 11.0 is another world revamp.
    See the thing about a revamp is that we still need new territory, just like cata did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    As the developers have previously maintained: "you think we can't just keep creating new lands or islands out of thin air?" Azeroth has plenty of unexplored locales, as well - from Undermine to the actual region of Azjol-Nerub and on to Crestfall, Balor, and Zul'Dare. And that's not to mention entire continents they could craft akin to Pandaria itself.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    As the developers have previously maintained: "you think we can't just keep creating new lands or islands out of thin air?" Azeroth has plenty of unexplored locales, as well - from Undermine to the actual region of Azjol-Nerub and on to Crestfall, Balor, and Zul'Dare. And that's not to mention entire continents they could craft akin to Pandaria itself.
    Crestfall is ingame

Because Yrel needs to come to use somehow and given that she has a void hate boner and murozond will summon her after void trauma from sinestra in DF and Rafaam is in the expansion, and K'aresh was the last place a void lord manifested. I said all this in the OP

It's a like a lot puzzle. I smarts so that's why I know what's gonna happen
    But why though? She's not even part of the main storyline. She's regulated to a sidestory only accessible to an allied race recruitment scenario. She's no more imminent to the story than the return of Ragnaros. Actually even less so since BfA mildly touched that Azerite caused turmoil in the elemental planes.

But why though? She's not even part of the main storyline. She's regulated to a sidestory only accessible to an allied race recruitment scenario. She's no more imminent to the story than the return of Ragnaros. Actually even less so since BfA mildly touched that Azerite caused turmoil in the elemental planes.
    Because she's being set up as a light antagonist. She was a major character in wod who suddenly had a heel turn in BFA that wasn't expanded since we had to bounce. Obviously that's going be touched upon.

The problem is that she's stuck in AU draenor.

If only we had a time powered being capable of doing that.

Oh wait we have a corrupted time dragon army bent on creating an infinite army made up of AU characters.

This is what I've been saying since shadow lands was in beta.

And so far I've been right twofold. 10.0 setting and DF alpha heavily implies Murozond is coming back.

I'm just too confident for some, it's scares them. oooooOooOOOOOooooo.
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-08-12 at 02:50 PM.

I think the most likely option is a world revamp, with the new zones being different unexplored islands/areas instead of elemental planes so not to repeat the elemental theme of Cata and DF.

Undermine, Zul'dare, Balor, etc.

It will be World Revamp (or at least northern kingdoms) which will contain some Light teasing with scarlets and other stuff going on.

Your idea on Yrel being reinvolved -> War of Light vs Void reminded me of something I had thought up in the past.

It's a theory of the origin story on Murozond for a while now that he originates from the WoD timeline's version of Azeroth because the Orcs were never present at the gates of Ahn'Qiraj the planet ends up claimed by old gods. Norzdomu the only remaining aspect of that planet just kept splintering time attempting to undo the corruption until he became who we know him as now.

World of Warcraft:
    Alter-oth ?

Because she's being set up as a light antagonist. She was a major character in wod who suddenly had a heel turn. Obviously that's going be touched upon.

The problem is that she's stuck in AU draenor.

If only we had a time powered being capable of doing that.

Oh wait we have an corrupted time dragon army bent on creating an infinite army made up of AU characters.

This is what I've been saying since shadow lands was in beta.

And so far I've been right twofold. 10.0 setting and DF alpha heavily implies Murozond is coming back.
    That's all headcanon though.

For all we know she's only supposed to be used in a continuing narrative for the Maghar only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Crestfall is ingame
    Yeah, forgot about it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    I would not mind a world revamp:

- Some underwater zones attached to the current land masses.
    - Perhaps massive underground levels like Deepholm just under the Dwarven or Nerubian lands.
    - Maybe some forest regrowth, but so bizar large that the canopy is another layer then the ground level (so 2 maps in 1)

That's all headcanon though.

For all we know she's only supposed to be used in a continuing narrative for the Maghar only.
    Well my head cannon has been half confirmed since I birthed it in 2020. Soooooooo.

I also knew Bolivar and the lk story was going to be centric in 9.0 during early bfa before the leaked Bolivar cinematic still...I'm telling you I'm built different, you can out all your faith in me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by teh1tom View Post
    Your idea on Yrel being reinvolved -> War of Light vs Void reminded me of something I had thought up in the past.

It's a theory of the origin story on Murozond for a while now that he originates from the WoD timeline's version of Azeroth because the Orcs were never present at the gates of Ahn'Qiraj the planet ends up claimed by old gods. Norzdomu the only remaining aspect of that planet just kept splintering time attempting to undo the corruption until he became who we know him as now.

World of Warcraft:
    Alter-oth ?
    woa that's actually, pretty good. Wouldn't be surprised and would link Yrel to us even more

Ancient Azeroth may be too big for one expansion but there's nothing saying it can't be a progressive exploration over time. Something similar to working to reveal pathways or somesuch that are protected by ancient magicks that only active exploration can uncover. That could branch out to potential new specs for spellcasters as well as combat techniques for those who don't.