Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Scarab Lord Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4,010
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Videos games cost what they cost, you know you have to pay salaries and such and not many indy games are actually that great or have long lasting gameplay, ppl have been playing D3 for over a decade so ppl with do the same with D4 and with it being more online based it should last even longer. Whats anti consumer about paying 60 bucks and playing that game for 1000 hours, it seems ppl dont know what anti consumer actually is.
    Heck so many indy games these days are kickstarted or patreon supported. So they might be somewhat cheaper to buy once they are out but they likely have made far more money per copy sold than B2P AAA games simply because the people who supported making that game paid hundreds or thousands for it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Box price, battle pass, cash shop with its own currency.

    Man I'm sure Blizzard isn't going to make any money unless they charge money for expansions!


    This "Blizzard is a company and needs to make money" excuse for scummy cash grabs is awful. Blizzard made money in the past off only box prices. We know why all these cash grabs are in the game. Greed. That's it.

    But then again, ActiBlizzard MAU's and revenue are down, guess they need to milk the remaining players for all they're worth.
    Or you know, this is the current market, these are the acceptable margins and if you don't make those margins, kiss your shareholders goodbye.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Box price, battle pass, cash shop with its own currency.

    Man I'm sure Blizzard isn't going to make any money unless they charge money for expansions!


    This "Blizzard is a company and needs to make money" excuse for scummy cash grabs is awful. Blizzard made money in the past off only box prices. We know why all these cash grabs are in the game. Greed. That's it.

    But then again, ActiBlizzard MAU's and revenue are down, guess they need to milk the remaining players for all they're worth.
    It's not the developers that are greedy it's the board of directors, that is the greedy bunch.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - The subscription for WoW will be added to Gamepass Ultimate at no additional cost, mark my words.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Not going to be enough, a lot of these companies are too rich to fail. You can only score a self moral victory against the company, if I don't buy the game it wont matter when 50 people spend $50 on micro transactions each, me not playing doesn't matter. The only way to stop companies from greedy practices is if there is government intervention. Yet governments are living in the pockets of these big companies now too, so we're fucked either way. a self moral victory is all we have really, these companies will flourish without us, because as you said, we eat this shit up.
    Care to explore the unfortunate reality that most gamers simply do not view these monetization schemes as, well, monetization schemes? It's just how games are sold these days. This is the new normal. Government regulation isn't needed because we signed up for this, cash in hand. It's only on forums where you see people up in arms trying to rage against the machine; yet these communities represent an extremely small percentage of the playerbase at large.

  4. #64
    Titan Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Under the stars
    Posts
    12,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Care to explore the unfortunate reality that most gamers simply do not view these monetization schemes as, well, monetization schemes? It's just how games are sold these days. This is the new normal. Government regulation isn't needed because we signed up for this, cash in hand. It's only on forums where you see people up in arms trying to rage against the machine; yet these communities represent an extremely small percentage of the playerbase at large.
    This too. The average gamer that makes up most of the people playing games are not on twitter, or on forums, or watching youtube videos from your favourite pro-consumer, pro-ethical youtuber, the sad reality is we make up a pretty small number. The people who are not yelling to the treetops about how bad it is, have just adapted and moved on. Its a sad reality really.
    "People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" - Wynne ( Dragon Age: Origins.)

  5. #65
    Season Pass by itself is fine. If it becomes "$30 for the pass, but if you spend $50 you get to skip all the stuff people deem boring" then I will be skipping D4. Any form of P2W is insta skip.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    We all need to hold off on buying. Blizzard needs to be humbled - and the only way to do that is by voting with our wallets and saying no.

    We've all lived without D4 in our lives up to this point, you'll live without it for a bit longer. Wait at least a month, if not 6, if you can! The game will still be there, but so will your own dignity.
    Nah I'm not poor. Idc if d4 has some cosmetics on the shop I'll be buying it.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    it works for poe because that game is free and offers decades of actual content,if d4 is anything like d3 its gonna be a joke and just interesting for people who enjoy the barebones seasonal stuff

    i mean heck its so tragic in a way that one of the biggest gaming companies in the world can make literal trash like d3 but then you have tiny indie companies that make stuff like poe or grim dawn(this game has such a tiny team but my gosh the content in it can last you years)
    Why don't we just wait and see how the game turns out rather than make hasty childish assumptions before we have any idea how the game will handle the mtx. You all are so quick to dismiss this game before its released. It's almost like you don't want another diablo game. Well good news, if that's how u feel, no one is forcing you to play it.

    I am frankly sick and fucking tired of all the toxicity and negativity here. With all the hateful malicious shit going on in the world, why not take a backseat to the negativity and see how the game pans out before making stupid assumptions.

    Grow up people. Seriously, if this is all u got, you aren't welcome to play D4 with the rest of us. We don't want that here. Enough is enough.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cynicalnerd View Post
    Jesus Christ you people are cheap. If you don’t want the stuff don’t buy it. It baffles me people will pay $1600+ for a gaming rig but oh no $30 season pass? This is an outrage
    Facts x 100.

    These people are more childish than my 4yr old nephew and niece. Fucking stupid.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampt69 View Post
    So what? Cosmetics? Who the fuck cares besides the poor people that wanna look like special little snowflakes? I hope they offer a hundred times the cosmetic options on their store than even the most pessimistic of people think they will. Let them make all that cosmetic money off the morons willing to pay for that crap all so they "look cool".

    I will even defend the battle pass. So what? The game has a box price? What's your point? Do you think a one time fee to access the game forever will pay the upkeep on the servers forever? Are any of you that stupid you think that? Because if so do yourselves a favor and just go back to elementary school and start over. Electricity prices are inflating faster than ever before. Businesses are finally giving out proper cost of living raises, including Blizzard, they have at least 4 years of R&D to pay for that's already out of pocket. If they need to have a battle pass to make the game profitable then so be it.

    And this guys hate for blizzards monetization is actually really stupid. I am 100% sure all the crying he is doing is over Diablo Immortal, which is a mobile game meant to be nothing but a disgusting cash grab because people who play those kinds of trash games spend money on them like mad. No one with a functioning brain didn't see that coming.

    But lets look at WoW, you used to have to pay $15 a month to play, now you can play for free using in game gold to buy tokens. Yeah, Blizzard is so horrible.

    So many babies with so little understanding of simple concepts like overhead costs.
    Tell me about it. It's all optional cosmetics, pets and mount skins. YOU DONT HAVE TO BUY ANYTHING! ONLY YOU ARE ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR OWN MONEY!!!

    If you don't want to support the game? Good riddance! We don't want you. We will be just fine without you.
    "Uh huh. So destroying southshore is meh, but camp cow is so important that you have to destroy a port city?" - Sunlily

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen Guest View Post
    Why don't we just wait and see how the game turns out rather than make hasty childish assumptions before we have any idea how the game will handle the mtx. You all are so quick to dismiss this game before its released. It's almost like you don't want another diablo game. Well good news, if that's how u feel, no one is forcing you to play it.

    I am frankly sick and fucking tired of all the toxicity and negativity here. With all the hateful malicious shit going on in the world, why not take a backseat to the negativity and see how the game pans out before making stupid assumptions.

    Grow up people. Seriously, if this is all u got, you aren't welcome to play D4 with the rest of us. We don't want that here. Enough is enough.
    its almost like you havent played a blizzard game in the past 10 years,literaly everything they have been making has been a joke,the entire industry knows this

    low quality and blatant greed is the blizzard motto these days,i would ofc like it if the game was good,but a dev even said,they put as much effort in d4 as they did in immortal,that sais basicaly all of it

    im sorry you are so emotionaly hurt by the fact that this company has become hot trash,im sad also,but stating facts isnt malicious or hateful or toxic,whats toxic is ignoring all the shit blizz throws at you and eating it up

  9. #69
    Wait a second.

    Literally 40 seconds in says this is from a Korean site and hasn't been verified yet nor seems like it can be.

    And...yet it's being taken as fact? Like, in fairness, there's no surprise to multiple versions that come with more cosmetics, that's nothing new to Blizzard and is pretty harmless. But something like a survey should be pretty easy to ya know, give proof that it exists. And yet there seems to be big ol' nothing.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    its almost like you havent played a blizzard game in the past 10 years,literaly everything they have been making has been a joke,the entire industry knows this

    low quality and blatant greed is the blizzard motto these days,i would ofc like it if the game was good,but a dev even said,they put as much effort in d4 as they did in immortal,that sais basicaly all of it

    im sorry you are so emotionaly hurt by the fact that this company has become hot trash,im sad also,but stating facts isnt malicious or hateful or toxic,whats toxic is ignoring all the shit blizz throws at you and eating it up
    If u think blizz is trash then why are you even here?
    "Uh huh. So destroying southshore is meh, but camp cow is so important that you have to destroy a port city?" - Sunlily

  11. #71
    Scarab Lord Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4,010
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    its almost like you havent played a blizzard game in the past 10 years,literaly everything they have been making has been a joke,the entire industry knows this

    low quality and blatant greed is the blizzard motto these days,i would ofc like it if the game was good,but a dev even said,they put as much effort in d4 as they did in immortal,that sais basicaly all of it

    im sorry you are so emotionaly hurt by the fact that this company has become hot trash,im sad also,but stating facts isnt malicious or hateful or toxic,whats toxic is ignoring all the shit blizz throws at you and eating it up
    Overwatch, Hearthstone, Mists of Pandaria, Legion were all released in the past ten years

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen Guest View Post
    If u think blizz is trash then why are you even here?
    2 reasons mainly

    -grew up with blizzard games,so nostalgia is a factor
    -just because a game is trash doesnt mean i dont enjoy it,i still play almost every diablo 3 season

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen Guest View Post
    Why don't we just wait and see how the game turns out rather than make hasty childish assumptions before we have any idea how the game will handle the mtx. You all are so quick to dismiss this game before its released. It's almost like you don't want another diablo game. Well good news, if that's how u feel, no one is forcing you to play it.

    I am frankly sick and fucking tired of all the toxicity and negativity here. With all the hateful malicious shit going on in the world, why not take a backseat to the negativity and see how the game pans out before making stupid assumptions.

    Grow up people. Seriously, if this is all u got, you aren't welcome to play D4 with the rest of us. We don't want that here. Enough is enough.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Facts x 100.

    These people are more childish than my 4yr old nephew and niece. Fucking stupid.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Tell me about it. It's all optional cosmetics, pets and mount skins. YOU DONT HAVE TO BUY ANYTHING! ONLY YOU ARE ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR OWN MONEY!!!

    If you don't want to support the game? Good riddance! We don't want you. We will be just fine without you.
    What do you think platinum will be for?

    Do you think they will only have a currency for cosmetics?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Wait a second.

    Literally 40 seconds in says this is from a Korean site and hasn't been verified yet nor seems like it can be.

    And...yet it's being taken as fact? Like, in fairness, there's no surprise to multiple versions that come with more cosmetics, that's nothing new to Blizzard and is pretty harmless. But something like a survey should be pretty easy to ya know, give proof that it exists. And yet there seems to be big ol' nothing.
    Not just korean but german version also. And friends and family leaked info.

    So its not that hearsay and its hardly that implausible they are asking the market how much they can fleece them
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Overwatch, Hearthstone, Mists of Pandaria, Legion were all released in the past ten years
    Heh,wile legion had some good stuff,the ap and extreme rng kinda soured it for me

    also its not rly fair to put mop on the list,it came out in 2012 but it was in the works far before that

    wow has been on an extreme decline in the past 10 years,they completly refuse to look at other mmo's that do things better and take ideas from them

    hearthstone wile fun is proly the greediest and least f2p friendly online card game,other games sell packs cheaper and contain more cards,crafting is more fair etc

    also just because something is popular doesnt make it good,diablo immoral is popular,justin biever (is?was?idk)popular,many fascist/dictators were popular etc

  15. #75
    Scarab Lord Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4,010
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Heh,wile legion had some good stuff,the ap and extreme rng kinda soured it for me

    also its not rly fair to put mop on the list,it came out in 2012 but it was in the works far before that

    wow has been on an extreme decline in the past 10 years,they completly refuse to look at other mmo's that do things better and take ideas from them

    hearthstone wile fun is proly the greediest and least f2p friendly online card game,other games sell packs cheaper and contain more cards,crafting is more fair etc

    also just because something is popular doesnt make it good,diablo immoral is popular,justin biever (is?was?idk)popular,many fascist/dictators were popular etc
    Hearthstone has an entire f2p game mode and if you've been following it has become vastly friendlier to f2p players in the last couple of years. Also I have no idea why a game is supposed to be free. And I don't get the "popular" part. Most of the community enjoyed MoP and Legion. Hearthstone remains well rated as was Overwatch early on when it was properly supported.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Hearthstone has an entire f2p game mode and if you've been following it has become vastly friendlier to f2p players in the last couple of years. Also I have no idea why a game is supposed to be free. And I don't get the "popular" part. Most of the community enjoyed MoP and Legion. Hearthstone remains well rated as was Overwatch early on when it was properly supported.
    i didnt say a game is supposed to be free,but the way a f2p game handles its f2p model sais a lot about the people behind it,look at poe as an example,i hate the fact that you can only get cosmetics if you buy them,but gameplay wise its f2p model doesnt limit you in anything besides stash size

    also i dont understand what you dont get about the popular part,it pretty self explanatory

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    i didnt say a game is supposed to be free,but the way a f2p game handles its f2p model sais a lot about the people behind it,look at poe as an example,i hate the fact that you can only get cosmetics if you buy them,but gameplay wise its f2p model doesnt limit you in anything besides stash size

    also i dont understand what you dont get about the popular part,it pretty self explanatory
    Why all of the talk of free to play games when Diablo 4 is gonna have a base version, a heroic version and a mythic version. None of which are free to buy
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  18. #78
    Scarab Lord Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4,010
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    i didnt say a game is supposed to be free,but the way a f2p game handles its f2p model sais a lot about the people behind it,look at poe as an example,i hate the fact that you can only get cosmetics if you buy them,but gameplay wise its f2p model doesnt limit you in anything besides stash size

    also i dont understand what you dont get about the popular part,it pretty self explanatory
    I "love" that you attack the devs on a personal level. And PoE does not have the level of polish that Hearthstone has (and is not even in the same genre).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    What do you think platinum will be for?

    Do you think they will only have a currency for cosmetics?
    I mean instead of asking leading questions, what else do you think the currency will be for?

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I "love" that you attack the devs on a personal level. And PoE does not have the level of polish that Hearthstone has (and is not even in the same genre).
    have you played hearsthone?it plays like shit and literaly every patch brings new crazy bugs,some even game breaking,a better comparison is poe and d3,and yeah d3's combat feels more smooth,but thats a small price to pay when the content is astronomicaly more diverse

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Why all of the talk of free to play games when Diablo 4 is gonna have a base version, a heroic version and a mythic version. None of which are free to buy
    well,the question was if the only way to have cosmetics will be by buying them,like in poe,but if so,that would be really scumy considering one is free and the other has a ''mythic'' version

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I "love" that you attack the devs on a personal level. And PoE does not have the level of polish that Hearthstone has (and is not even in the same genre).

    - - - Updated - - -



    I mean instead of asking leading questions, what else do you think the currency will be for?
    Nothing leading about it. If someone is so adamant the game will be "cosmetic only" why create a currency? Why use creative marketing jargon like "the cash shop will be built around cosmetics" ie not cancelling out anything.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    have you played hearsthone?it plays like shit and literaly every patch brings new crazy bugs,some even game breaking,a better comparison is poe and d3,and yeah d3's combat feels more smooth,but thats a small price to pay when the content is astronomicaly more diverse

    - - - Updated - - -



    well,the question was if the only way to have cosmetics will be by buying them,like in poe,but if so,that would be really scumy considering one is free and the other has a ''mythic'' version
    It all feels pretty lame when diablo series is among the best selling franchises of all time and doesnt need to rely on cosmetic hand outs at the least to warrant its creation.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •