Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarven View Post
    Why play such an anti-consumer game like this when there are so many incredible indie games out there for a $10-$40 one time cost?
    How is this anti-consumer game? It look amazing so far. People complain about cosmetics from shop but theres so many great looking sets that you can get even without spending single dollar after buying game.

    I love their artstyle in this game and just can't wait to finally play it.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I'm not poor either, I'm just also not willing to waste money on a company who has scorned me so many times in recent years.

    See: WC3: R'd, WoW BfA + SL, Diablo: I.
    And others seem very unhappy with Overwatch, but I don't care at all about that game.

    I just want Blizzard to prove themselves before I give them another cent. Other companies have done far better in recent years with quality games and I feel they deserve it where Blizzard needs to get out of the hole they've dug, so to speak.
    Fool me once, shame on you, fool me 3 more time shame on me.

  3. #103
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    19,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Fool me once, shame on you, fool me 3 more time shame on me.
    EXACTLY.
    Thank you.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

    "Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

    Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    How is this anti-consumer game? It look amazing so far. People complain about cosmetics from shop but theres so many great looking sets that you can get even without spending single dollar after buying game.

    I love their artstyle in this game and just can't wait to finally play it.
    The problem is if all the good looking sets/skins and are in the shop and the not so good looking gear from drops but we will see.
    Do you hear the voices too?

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    EXACTLY.
    Thank you.
    That's my point, you claim Blizza4d screws yoynover and over. Seems like that was on you for continuing to dip into a well.of disappointment. Blizzard has been fine for me so Bring on D4.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    The problem is if all the good looking sets/skins and are in the shop and the not so good looking gear from drops but we will see.
    They already show some of the ingame sets and they look amazing. I'm pretty sure shop will have maybe more variety or some unique sets but even withouit them you won't look like a clown that just run from circuit (/pointing at PoE ingame armour graphic).

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    The problem is if all the good looking sets/skins and are in the shop and the not so good looking gear from drops but we will see.
    usually shop gear tends to look over the top or out of place to me. So I'm not that worried... it's a bigger problems in games where you are constantly looking at other peoples stupid skins though. That's the only thing I'm worried about with cash-shop skins.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    usually shop gear tends to look over the top or out of place to me. So I'm not that worried... it's a bigger problems in games where you are constantly looking at other peoples stupid skins though. That's the only thing I'm worried about with cash-shop skins.
    Honestly, from what they've shown the in-game/cash shop armors seem of pretty similar quality and like they're going to stay tonally consistent with the rest of the game.

    Very much not concerned about it turning into something like TERA where you had people rolling around in police costumes driving police car mounts and shit : |

  9. #109
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    19,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    That's my point, you claim Blizza4d screws yoynover and over. Seems like that was on you for continuing to dip into a well.of disappointment. Blizzard has been fine for me so Bring on D4.
    I mentioned two games that I never played. WC3: R, while I bought it, I got my refund, I saw what they did and wasn't going to let them keep my money.
    Diablo: Immortal I never touched.
    BfA and SL, well, I figured they were continuing their tick tock of good bad good bad with expansions. BfA was fine towards the end, I even was enjoying myself with the N'Zoth stuff, though the way that storyline ended was... eesh.
    SL I had very high hopes for. I was pretty fascinated by the idea of us going there. I quit in about 3 months post release and have not gone back at all.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

    "Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

    Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I mentioned two games that I never played. WC3: R, while I bought it, I got my refund, I saw what they did and wasn't going to let them keep my money.
    Diablo: Immortal I never touched.
    BfA and SL, well, I figured they were continuing their tick tock of good bad good bad with expansions. BfA was fine towards the end, I even was enjoying myself with the N'Zoth stuff, though the way that storyline ended was... eesh.
    SL I had very high hopes for. I was pretty fascinated by the idea of us going there. I quit in about 3 months post release and have not gone back at all.
    So you didn't like it. So what? Do you speak for everyone? No. Some people love steak. Some people hate it. Does that mean no one should buy steak?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

  11. #111
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    19,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    So you didn't like it. So what? Do you speak for everyone? No. Some people love steak. Some people hate it. Does that mean no one should buy steak?
    Let's see. Most players were pretty disappointed with Warcraft 3: Reforged and returned it. I don't know anyone who kept their copy.
    I've not heard anyone speak positively about D:I.
    Most I know quit/played less during both BfA and SL.

    Blizzard is definitely doing something wrong, the numbers don't lie.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

    "Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

    Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  12. #112
    Herald of the Titans Maruka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    2,546
    lmao yall still preorder ?

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Blizzard is definitely doing something wrong, the numbers don't lie.
    What numbers? Didn't D:I do quite well when it was released? It was designed as a throwaway mobile cash-grab, and it seems to have done that above and beyond expectations.

    Granted, WC3R is definitely a dismal failure by almost any metric, that much is true.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I took the survey. Literally everything they listed is nothing people haven't already anticipated.

    The only thing I am not a fan of is season passes. If that's the direction they want to go then game should be F2P. Other than that some of the bundles had insane price point suggestion. Better hope the whales don't take the survey.
    It's basically seasonal armor, and virtually every RPG game is implementing or has implemented it (Kirac Pass in POE).

    I don't think it's a problem, you don't need it, but if you like shinies, you'll buy it if you like the rewards.

  15. #115
    Scarab Lord Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Yayeet View Post
    It's basically seasonal armor, and virtually every RPG game is implementing or has implemented it (Kirac Pass in POE).

    I don't think it's a problem, you don't need it, but if you like shinies, you'll buy it if you like the rewards.
    I think the most common thing will be that once every couple years, an armor look for your favourite class will be up that is just the perfect mog for you and you'll buy that. Which if you buy into the seasonal pass, you'll probably have enough currency to grab it anyway without paying further than the sub (which is what a seasonal pass is, a voluntary sub to a live service).

  16. #116
    Physical copy for 39€ on release day please. Yes, I am this old.
    Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at!

  17. #117
    I doubt that this will happen but it should for being a paid for game - that all the battle passes be archived and obtainable in some fashion. Even if it's an inflated price or using in-game grinds to unlock old battle passes. I'm never a fan of 'one and done' battle passes. I get that it induces FOMO but for people like me who values free time, and won't pay $50+ to instantly finish a battle pass, I'll never max one out. I think to this day I haven't in any game done so - it's always so grindy and time locked.

  18. #118
    Scarab Lord Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4,044
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I doubt that this will happen but it should for being a paid for game - that all the battle passes be archived and obtainable in some fashion. Even if it's an inflated price or using in-game grinds to unlock old battle passes. I'm never a fan of 'one and done' battle passes. I get that it induces FOMO but for people like me who values free time, and won't pay $50+ to instantly finish a battle pass, I'll never max one out. I think to this day I haven't in any game done so - it's always so grindy and time locked.
    Could be that they can just appear every now and then on the shop. Plenty of games do that.

  19. #119
    The Lightbringer Strawberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sweden/Yugoslavia
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    Physical copy for 39€ on release day please. Yes, I am this old.
    I would buy physical collectors edition. Diablo 3 box is beautiful with a soundtrack and a large art book.

  20. #120
    I just hope the devs dont tie stash/inventory space to seasons like they did in d3.
    Worst design decision ever.
    Screws over players who do not want to play seasons (because they do not like restarting from zero).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •