Page 1 of 28
... LastLast

The Diablo 4 pre-order bundles, and their supposed cost

There we go.

A decent chunk of change.

But also interesting - Platinum, an ingame currency used for buying - you guessed it, ingame cosmetics.

As long as there are cosmetics you can get ingame as well,i dont mind this,also can just use wow gold so for a lot of people this wont be an issue

I just hope its not a POE situation where you only get cosmetics by paying,i get poe is free,but cmon dude,give us SOMETHING to get ingame,one of the reasons i cant stand poe,its ingame gear progression and collectables is so shit

I took the survey. Literally everything they listed is nothing people haven't already anticipated.

The only thing I am not a fan of is season passes. If that's the direction they want to go then game should be F2P. Other than that some of the bundles had insane price point suggestion. Better hope the whales don't take the survey.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the prices for skins are estimates of what most triple A games are doing and Force is kinda simplified it, but man if true, the skin costs are like, 'should I go and buy myself some clothes or spend the same amount on some digital clothes with no real life worth?' Oh boy.

I have stopped giving Blizzard my money for 2 years now and this just solidifies why I decided to do that. Man I miss games like Diablo 2 back in 2000 where you had a game, it was free online and you played for free, and paid for an expansion when it came out. Man I miss those days, now its pay, pay pay pay.

Like seriously, and I would have been okay if it was just the season pass and that's it, that's cool, would be like a seasonal sub, a great wy to keep the game going, but we have early access payment, season pass/battle pass, extra currency that can only be brought via shop (although I am sure as Force says they will sprinkle in pit amount in the battle pass). Its too expensive. I think of what I could buy for that, something useful.

I am thankful there are still a lot of games out there that offer that experience I crave. Most of which are single player but thats cool.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-08-13 at 07:06 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Not a fan of season passes. Even less so in games with an upfront cost.

I understand that Blizzard won't release a mainstream AAA-title without some form of continuous form of revenue, like cosmetic skins and such, but season passes just ain't it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

It's good news that there does not seem to be any kind of buy power for money but i do have a problem having stuff like battle passes and the likes in a 60$ game if it where ftp then fine but its not. Other then that i think everyone knew they where going to get crazy with cosmetics and the likes.

I just hope they dont have crappy looking gear drops and all the cool stuff in the shop that is very important imo.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    It's good news that there does not seem to be any kind of buy power for money but i do have a problem having stuff like battle passes and the likes in a 60$ game if it where ftp then fine but its not. Other then that i think everyone knew they where going to get crazy with cosmetics and the likes.

I just hope they dont have crappy looking gear drops and all the cool stuff in the shop that is very important imo.
    Yeah because no company has ever added micro transactions and pay2win after release before?

Season pass will suck, but hopefully it's only cosmetics as well and 3 month duration rather than the 1 month we see in DI. I don't really care that much about cosmetics in ARPG's hell I only transmoged in D3 when it was required for the season achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Season pass will suck, but hopefully it's only cosmetics as well and 3 month duration rather than the 1 month we see in DI. I don't really care that much about cosmetics in ARPG's hell I only transmoged in D3 when it was required for the season achievements.
    Everything in the survey that could be purchased with RL money is cosmetic. Even season pass from the description they gave. So it seems like a hard line they are establishing.

Haha ... no.

Over time D4 has had many points for me that have made me feel "i dont like this" or "i dont know".

I want ARPG, not MMOARPG. When I'm slaying monsters, I want to be the badass hero doing so. Having randoms wandering about me doing the same ... the feel goes away.
    Open world? I must know more?
    Monetization? Too much ... too much. I must see what there is for box price. I'm already paying probably rather sizeable box price and I want worth for it.
    Whatever gameplay they have shown doesn't really look interesting.
    Blizzard game support. Will they just release the game, do a few bug fixes, etc. and then forget it. Compare for example leagues in poe.
    Blizzards recent track record?
    Trust is gone. Nothing shown that would bring it back. I must see reviews and gameplay before I will buy it. If anything is wrong, I wont bother with it. There are likely better arpg's available.
    etc.

I must see the game. I must see how exactly its made. I want to see how much it actually costs and should I bother.
    Last edited by Morae; 2022-08-13 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Haha ... no.

Over time D4 has had many points for me that have made me feel "i dont like this" or "i dont know".

I want ARPG, not MMOARPG. When I'm slaying monsters, I want to be the badass hero doing so. Having randoms wandering about me doing the same ... the feel goes away.
    Open world? I must know more?
    Monetization? Too much ... too much. I must see what there is for box price. I'm already paying probably rather sizeable box price and I want worth for it.
    Whatever gameplay they have shown doesn't really look interesting.
    Blizzard game support. Will they just release the game, do a few bug fixes, etc. and then forget it. Compare for example leagues in poe.
    Blizzards recent track record recently?
    Trust is gone. Nothing shown that would bring it back. I must see reviews and gameplay before I will buy it. If anything is wrong, I wont bother with it. There are likely better arpg's available.
    etc.

I must see the game. I must see how exactly its made. I want to see how much it actually costs and should I bother.
    I dont mind other players.
    There are other people in the world, so why not slay monsters together.

What bothers me however, is when you have a nicely stylized game, here comes:
    - xXxLegHoolasXxX21xXx wielding a giant pink sword shaped like a massive dildo, with burning wings.
    And many others like him.

Platinum, battle passes, cosmetics, cost of game.

Blizz are so fucking greedy it's unreal. Make EA look like nuns

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Everything in the survey that could be purchased with RL money is cosmetic. Even season pass from the description they gave. So it seems like a hard line they are establishing.
    Anyone who thinks it will be limited to cosmetics only (like somehow cosmetics is fine because fuck gear progression in a RPG) needs to seriously relook at the company they are talking about

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Anyone who thinks it will be limited to cosmetics only (like somehow cosmetics is fine because fuck gear progression in a RPG) needs to seriously relook at the company they are talking about
    I mean, literally every option in the survey about gear, currency and even season passes was prefaced with a blurb about how its for cosmetics only.

I totally get the skepticism with Blizzard, but really at this point theirs not reason to assume D4 is P2W unless they announce otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I mean, literally every option in the survey about gear, currency and even season passes was prefaced with a blurb about how its for cosmetics only.

I totally get the skepticism with Blizzard, but really at this point theirs not reason to assume D4 is P2W unless they announce otherwise.
    Yeah thats not the only basis for my claim.

They deliberately use misleading words like "The store will be built AROUND cosmetics"

Yes they are shouting from the roof tops its focus is cosmetic, but that doesnt limit it from expanding out into other areas now does it.

People fall for their clever marketing tactics hook line and sinker

Why play such an anti-consumer game like this when there are so many incredible indie games out there for a $10-$40 one time cost?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarven View Post
    Why play such an anti-consumer game like this when there are so many incredible indie games out there for a $10-$40 one time cost?
    Well for one the game isn't even out yet and not everyone cares for indie games.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well for one the game isn't even out yet and not everyone cares for indie games.
    Indie games span the entire gamut of game genres. In many cases they're as good as or better than their AAA counterparts. They oftentimes only lack in marketing budget.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarven View Post
    Fear not, thats exactly what I have and will continue to do. Until Blizzard start behaving like a good little studio again and start being more consumer friendly they wont get a penny out of me.

Diablo 2 (2000) was free online, and we paid for 1 expansion and the game itself lasted 15 years with people playing. Compare that to Diablo IV.

"but video games are so expansive to make'. Here's an idea, stop making expensive video games. Once again I redirect you to indy games.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-08-14 at 12:47 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The data for this video came from surveys right?

I hope people voting in the survey voted NO to all the monetization.

If they didn't vote no, its kind of hard to blame anyone but ourselves for falling for this stuff.

LOLLLLLLL

I am out, each time they release some new information my desire to play the game goes down. WTF even is a battle pass? Can't I just buy a fucking game and play it? Thankfully POE 2 is also coming out, hell even POE 1 is still kicking ass.