Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If the MTX stuff is just for some cosmetics and you can earn good looking ones-in game, I don't give a shit.

If they lock all the cool looking stuff behind either paywalls or super long grinds encouraging you to pay, then we'll have a problem.

Anything akin to Immortal's pay to win nonsense will make me not buy the game at all.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

D4 seems to me more like blizzards attempt to make Lost Ark copy or something. In fact... when did they start making d4 and when did lost ark become popular in korea?

Anyway, d4 seems more like mmoarpg rather than arpg.

What I'm surprised is that it doesn't (yet?) have pay to win mechanics in it ... or maybe it does. For diablo immortal, they did say it somewhat odd way that you supposedly couldn't buy gear (or something). Well, yeah... power was in the gems. Not that you could buy those either, but you didnt get them unless you bought the tokens that let you go into a trivial instance that handed you the gems. Effectively you were buying them.

I want to see this sort of stuff before I buy the game. I don't simply trust blizz.

Nop i am out. Fuck Blizzard... only game from them i will ever touch again is wow. And only if they do NOT introduce MTX cosmetics in a huge way. (what we have now is basically nothing)
    But this? Full Box Price AND BattlePass AND Microtransaction.... fuck them and fuck diablo. Dead franchise for me.

Think I'll pass on buying a game to earn the opportunity to spend some more money in it.
    Hope I'm wrong but it will definitely not be limited to cosmetics, unless the cosmetics earnable in-game are shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    If the MTX stuff is just for some cosmetics and you can earn good looking ones-in game, I don't give a shit.

If they lock all the cool looking stuff behind either paywalls or super long grinds encouraging you to pay, then we'll have a problem.

Anything akin to Immortal's pay to win nonsense will make me not buy the game at all.
    You never get comparable cosmetics in game. Shop cosmetics are nearly everywhere better with something special on top. An look at blizz trackrecord.
    Mounts in wow form the shop are always more flashy and unique. Ingame you maybe get one mount like the hand that is actually... new. Rest are reskins.

If POE2 does a shapeshifter/druid ascendency correctly and I can play that and enjoy it..... they win in my book.

D4 will need to do something pretty amazing to not fall off the map completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarven View Post
    Indie games span the entire gamut of game genres. In many cases they're as good as or better than their AAA counterparts. They oftentimes only lack in marketing budget.
    They often lack in the graphics department as well. Trash games that looks like they're made for the Gameboy. So many indie games are absolute garbage. Hey, just like AAA games! Imagine that.
    Hi

Not a fan of early access, as that is technically an advantage. Rest is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    You never get comparable cosmetics in game. Shop cosmetics are nearly everywhere better with something special on top. An look at blizz trackrecord.
    Mounts in wow form the shop are always more flashy and unique. Ingame you maybe get one mount like the hand that is actually... new. Rest are reskins.
    I actually am thinking of WoW. And I find most of the shop stuff just bad save for a couple exceptions. All of the coolest mogs and mounts are found in-game. If it's like that then I'll be fine.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

I will stick to D2 for infinite content.

This is all rumour and conjecture at this point. I care more for the game being good, until we know more about the game then curated videos, anything else about monetization is moot.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Offering cosmetics shop in the game with box price is unacceptable. I dont care if its "jsut cosmetics" - you, company, put resources and ask money for the result. I dont want to give you 100% money for 80% of result, while you put the rest 20% into the $$$ shop. Fuck that.
    Im ready to do some hard achievements to get rare cosemtics, but the practice of putting only-sop cpsmetics in P2P game is disgusting and should NOT be tolerated.

Also Diablo is ARPG, and customization of character's look is important part of the gameplay. We play to get cool look we play to get cool looking gear. Putting cosmetics into the $$ shop is FUCK YOU to ARPG fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I took the survey. Literally everything they listed is nothing people haven't already anticipated.

The only thing I am not a fan of is season passes. If that's the direction they want to go then game should be F2P. Other than that some of the bundles had insane price point suggestion. Better hope the whales don't take the survey.
    As long as they do it Microsoft style and allow you to keep the pass and go back to it and complete it whenever you want to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Offering cosmetics shop in the game with box price is unacceptable. I dont care if its "jsut cosmetics" - you, company, put resources and ask money for the result. I dont want to give you 100% money for 80% of result, while you put the rest 20% into the $$$ shop. Fuck that.
    Im ready to do some hard achievements to get rare cosemtics, but the practice of putting only-sop cpsmetics in P2P game is disgusting and should NOT be tolerated.

Also Diablo is ARPG, and customization of character's look is important part of the gameplay. We play to get cool look we play to get cool looking gear. Putting cosmetics into the $$ shop is FUCK YOU to ARPG fans.
    If you want people to keep working on it and future expansions they need to have a revenue to pay people.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    As long as they do it Microsoft style and allow you to keep the pass and go back to it and complete it whenever you want to.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want people to keep working on it and future expansions they need to have a revenue to pay people.
    Make an expansion and sell it, just like they did in D3 and BOOM! Revenue!

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post

They already confirmed expansions will not be free. This is pure greed.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    As long as there are cosmetics you can get ingame as well,i dont mind this,also can just use wow gold so for a lot of people this wont be an issue

I just hope its not a POE situation where you only get cosmetics by paying,i get poe is free,but cmon dude,give us SOMETHING to get ingame,one of the reasons i cant stand poe,its ingame gear progression and collectables is so shit
    Yeaaaa that's probably not going to be how it works, it's most likely going to be similar to PoE knowing how Blizzard loves to steal monetization designs that work profitably for others.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Yeaaaa that's probably not going to be how it works, it's most likely going to be similar to PoE knowing how Blizzard loves to steal monetization designs that work profitably for others.
    it works for poe because that game is free and offers decades of actual content,if d4 is anything like d3 its gonna be a joke and just interesting for people who enjoy the barebones seasonal stuff

i mean heck its so tragic in a way that one of the biggest gaming companies in the world can make literal trash like d3 but then you have tiny indie companies that make stuff like poe or grim dawn(this game has such a tiny team but my gosh the content in it can last you years)

Jesus Christ you people are cheap. If you don’t want the stuff don’t buy it. It baffles me people will pay $1600+ for a gaming rig but oh no $30 season pass? This is an outrage

10+ Year Old Account
    On the hedge to even dive into the title. It's not really the ARPG we know Diablo to be. Trust in Blizzard to deliver even the slightest thing of good content fades away every day. And to be honest, Diablo 3 came out 10 years ago. They can try to grasp me with that honestly amazing cinematic, but it's kinda over. Indie's are breaking through and I think twice about dropping 60,- on a game that wants me to pay another 30,- for stuff that was supposed to be in the basic game 10 years ago. Skins should be awarded for unlocks and achievements, not for money. If you're not making enough money of the initial payment you're a bad company that makes a shit product.

15+ Year Old Account
    $40 to $150 box price, with varying amounts of head starts, up to 7 days, depending on how much you pay.

Battle pass that's basically going to serve as a monthly subscription.

In game store where you don't spend real world money, you spend platinum, which is undoubtedly going to be sold in odd amounts, like 1000 platinum for an item and there's only going to be packages of 400, 800, 1600, etc.

Like... Battle Pass and in game store already feels excessive, but borderline acceptable. There mere fact that they're not selling the store cosmetics for straight Blizzard balance, but for platinum which you're going to spend Blizzard balance on... just more scummy Blizzard being scummy.

I can give them credit for not putting any P2W stuff in (Yet) but the entire thing just feels greedy and scummy. And the sad part is, it's what most people EXPECT of Blizzard these days. Scummy cash grabs.

Which is REALLY sad that we all just expect scummy cash grabs from Blizzard, even if it's not P2W.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cynicalnerd View Post
    Jesus Christ you people are cheap. If you don’t want the stuff don’t buy it. It baffles me people will pay $1600+ for a gaming rig but oh no $30 season pass? This is an outrage
    Box price was always enough to make a huge profit on good games. Now massive companies need to suck as much money as they can out of you? Yes, people spend money on good gaming rigs. We always have. Gaming rigs have always been expensive. It's not as if there's some kind of precedent where gaming rigs used to sell for $1600 but now companies are charging you a monthly fee to use your video card.

If anything, gaming is getting cheaper with game streaming services allowing low end PCs to play high end games.

So yes, people are going to complain about excessively overcharging for cosmetics.

"If you don't like it just don't buy it"

If there's going to be some kind of super amazing looking cosmetic armor with flames spewing from it and nothing else that looks remotely close to it, I want to earn that from a really hard achievement. Make it something you'll only see a few players wearing because it comes from really hard content.

OR, $200 on the cash store. And every cash store cosmetic looks better than basically everything you can earn in game. The precedent is already there.

But I guess at this point we should just EXPECT scummy cash grabs from Blizzard, because that's the kind of company they are now. They no longer make great games with fun and engaging gameplay. They make pretty games with scummy cash grabs. Everyone who just wants to pay a box price and get an entire game, including access to all cosmetics, should just stop supporting Blizzard by playing their games. Which is what is happening as Blizzard overall revenue and MAUs are falling. They've made their bed, now they get to lie (hahaha, true and real) in it.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"