Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think it would be interesting to see the Nightborne finally assist the Blood Elves in restoring Silvermoon to its former opulence - perhaps adding a touch of their own aesthetic to the restored side of the city in the form of an embassy or area built specifically to house their diplomats and emissaries. For the Alliance, I think it would be nice to see the Gnomes fully restore Gnomeregan to a high-tech metropolis echoing the aesthetic we see in Mechagon. Would also be nice to see the Mechagnomes asserting themselves into the greater stream of Gnomish culture, adding their technology and its distinctiveness to the Gnomish aesthetic.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I'd like a much bigger version of Dalaran.. it doesn't feel like a city at that size, only the newer cities from Legion onwards actually look like cities, and that was when they started making cities serve as questing zones, dungeons and raids, which to them justified the size.

Prior to that.. only raid/dungeon cities in wow felt like actually cities - the actual racial capitals were too samll and didn't really feel real even for fantasy ( i knoow .. choice of words) - BRD, Stratholme, Dire Maul, Ahn'Qiraj etc are all huge because they are raids/dungones - not all of them were huge, but enough.
    They tried making bigger towns and cities in the beginning. There's alpha footage of Goldshire taking up an area nearly as big as all of modern Elwynn. But then realized that they'd either spread all the useful npcs like questgivers, vendors, etc only like one per building, or have a bunch of empty buildings with no interactive npcs for anything and decided to downsize. Not saying WoW to the scale of UO would be bad, but it definitely would've been more inconvenient. People complain enough about things like Dazar'alor.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    We can have whole Islands as Capital. Great parks, area for Furbolgs, residental area, Temple of Light, Shamans Dens or Plateau, Maybe some space for Kurenai, Sha'tari etc. Elekk rides, Auchenai Crypts, Gardens for the memory of Eredath. Imagine new Mac'Aree (or Eredath, as its now be called), all that gold and shiny. Crystals, roads, temples. But in a small blue glow, not golden one.
    And then we can have bloodmist as Lightforged island. More about training, more about military. And Vindicaar flying above.

- - - Updated - - -

We can also have proper NE world tree u know? Something like that

With giant tree, with all that NE building, flying druids from branches to trunk. And above all that - great Temple of Elune inside the crown. They are Night Elves after all. They likes shadow and night. Not sitting above leafs and look like an eagle. Sity inside the tree with great temple in crown. My perfect world tree.

- - - Updated - - -

Also - in my headcanon - with all that goblins, Gazlowe, NE and orc stuff - we should change capital of goblins from Azshara to Barrens in a place of Rachet. Give NE Azshara back, make it neutral zone between orcs and NE. Than we can have north Kalimdor to NE (line Ashenvale and Azshara), central part - Horde (Stonetalon-Barrens-Durotar line in north and Desolace-Mulgore-1000needles in south). Feralas, Tanaris, Ungoro and Silithus neutral.
    And rebuild Rachet as proper goblin sity. Ofc, Alliance cant go there lorewise, but they can have Azshara NE port (Maybe not a good idea - too close to Orgrimmar, maybe neutral port akin Kalu'ak or pandarens or any other neutral organisation). Make Rachet big, make it like Gatz from HS.

My madskills in Paint included.
    click
    I also imagine that the Azuremyst Isles would have some additionnal defense stuff to prevent a repeat of the Draenor situation, such as force fields or light laser cannons with very long range provided by the Lightforged.

They also may have crystals farms and forgeries, where various crystal types are grown and sculpted for the many uses that Draenei make of them in their everyday life or for more serious purposes. I have this headcannon that some crystals can be used to filter the radiations and magics of the Great Dark Beyond, and others to absorb and neutralize chemical or biological weapons such the Red Mist or the Blight thanks to their experience with the Red Mist at Shattrath and of the many uses of the Plague made by the Scourge and the Forsaken.

There may also be comestible crystals that were used to feed them during their long travels in the Great Dark Beyond on dimensionnal ships.

I'd like to see a rebuilt Silvermoon, that includes both sides of the dead scar. I'd also like to see Eversong and Ghostlands added to the actual map of Eastern Kingdoms. Rather than having the EPL portal. An updated Quel'danas would be lovely as well.

For me:

Silvermoon City - Capital of the Sin'dorei and Quel'Thalas:
    Updated with Blood and Arcane Golems. Big emphasis on the Blood Magi and Phoenix Fire Magi within the Sunfury Spire. The Warlocks, who fall under the Magisters, continue to dabble in fel magic where Shinfel returns to the Guild.

The Farstriders dapple with arcane-infused arrows and all their legendary weapons such as Thori'dal and the Golden Bow of Quel'Thalas are on show and used by the Ranger General and his second-in command, respectively. Hauldoran is shown to wield Thori'dal and the lore canon wielder.

The Blood Knights become the primary guardians throughout the city and maintain peace - a larger presence is felt within the Bazaar and some public debates could get a little out of hand.

The new Kaldorei City:
    To add on the wish list for the new city - a new Warden area, for Maiev Shadowsong. The Kaldorei have their own prison where we see imprisoned Satyr, corrupted creatures and Naga.
    I'd also like to see a large Ren'dorei presence within the city. We have the Sin'dorei/Shal'dorei union, now it's time to see more Kaldorei/Ren'dorei working together.

Suramar - Capital of the Shal'dorei:
    I'd love it if this city was phased for Horde players, so we could actively see Horde Duskwatch protecting the city's outer border.

I'd also love to see more from Nightborne Priests and perhaps have them restore the Temple of Fal'adora whilst the Kaldorei and Ren'dorei restore the main Temple of Elune. All "Elune" big stuff should go to the Alliance first.

Referencing my headcanon about Ironforge and Shadowforge about these cities having magic runes that protect them from toxic gas, and made by Dark Iron Dwarves magi, I headcanon that Gnomes discovering this prompted them to work with dark iron mages and alchemists to create similar runes in Gnomeregan that would absorb radiations instead and help finish to decontaminate the city and add another protection against similar scenarios in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    I think that the Draenei should have started to build a true capital city on Azuremyst Island, near or around the Exodar, with buildings, streets, magic constructs, fountains and rivers similar to the ones back on Draenor.

This Draenei capital would have at least a light temple, a giant library/museum with tons of books, holograms and memory crystals, an observatory, a market where there would also be Night Elves and Furbolg merchants, a military HQ with the Vindicators and Lightforged Draenei and their Army of the Lighr vigilantes and vehicules, a mage school, residences and fields and farms for Elekks and Talbuks.
    My opinion: should also have an air/space dock specializing in draenei technology ships. Maybe if we see a light/void expac on another planet, it being the jumping off point.

Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    My opinion: should also have an air/space dock specializing in draenei technology ships. Maybe if we see a light/void expac on another planet, it being the jumping off point.
    It should have been the jumping point for Argus in Legion.

I just want to see Gadgetzan the way it is in Hearthstone!

With the cataclysm the Undermine has been severaly damaged but most of the city was rebuilt and regained most of its wealth.

However the episode, and the construction of Bilgewater Harbor, the Bilgewater Harbor joining the Horde and thus getting many exclusive contracts and businesses with it, as well as the development boost of Gadzetan, thanks to it having become a harbor with the cataclysm, and of Ratchet have caused the Undermine to lose some of its best engineers, alchemists and merchants to these rival cities.

However the city remains the official capital of the Goblin, and remains the capital of smuggling, slave trade and arms trade.

The Undercity also remains the favorite Goblin city for the Alliance and many neutral races and organisations to trade with, since the other "neutral" Goblin cities are seen as too close to the Horde by many, due to Gazlowe's ties with the Horde even before officially joining it, and of the Steamwheedle's historical ties with the Horde.

Also every two or four years there is a reunion of the Trade Princes in the Undermine, with them making a synthesis of their business results, talking to try to regulate and balance the competition between their cartels, making important deals, talking about the future, major problems, of their relations with other races, etc...

Gnomeregan and Mechagon, as well as the Undermine, have each a complex network of pneumatic tubes that are used to send messages and various useful items from any point of the city to another at maximal speed, a sight that bewilder more often than not the taller and less intelligent races.

Sometimes young gnomes or goblins put themselves in the tubes for excitement or laugh, or send prank items (explosives, paint bombs, laughing gas sprayer or bomb, glue that stick itself inside the tubes and obstruct them) via them or mess with the directions of the tubes much to the frustration of the leaders and maintenance teams.