Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    In before locked, mark this moment in history.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Man I hope discord handed over some logs when they shut down the boosting community’s and a lot more people get “falsely” banned.
    Haha, yup, the timing is quite amusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Nobody uses Online forums anymore.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    See you in the next MMO, OP.

    Blizzard laughs at "IF YOU DONT OVERTURN MY TIMEOUT I'M NOT COMING BACK"

    Word of advice: don't lead with that. They get to that third sentence and they're gonna roll their eyes and deny your appeal.
    If I worked at Blizz I'd add suspension time whenever someone said that lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Agall View Post
    We'll see what the impact of this ban wave is and what caused it. Not going to sit and convince people of my innocence but just realize that if they can ban me for such, then no one is safe. Its something that should alarm everyone, no matter the content you participate in.

    Everyone ignoring an issue like this will scream when it comes for them. When you're in a m+ or raid you joined through LFG with a RMT carry and this set of ban waves were just people who participated in rated PVP content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agall View Post
    The fact that it occurred to me sets a terrifying precedent on how big of an overreach it is. I'm not going to sit and try to convince everyone I'm innocent, because Blizzard clearly thinks I'm not, and they have the 'evidence' to support their claim otherwise they wouldn't have issued it.
    Can you be any more dramatic?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Agall View Post
    "We don't take this decision lightly. Our team issued this suspension only after a careful review of relevant evidence. Our support staff will not overturn this penalty and may not respond to appeals." Goodbye WoW, its been a nice 15 years of legitimate fun, until you ruined it."

    -Below is my appeal, but by the above, pasted from their suspension email, its unlikely to be heard, so I'll include it here. You also cannot post on the WoW forums while suspended... I've only removed the time and name headers from multiple posts in the contact support form.

    Apparently there was a huge ban wave that included players like Flarkness, Ceralium, Maldiva, Rennar, Laros, Gage, Psyqualia, Pokemons, Rylin, Brown, Hots, Saul, Bigdam, Abrua, Aiden, Bluedrew, Oz, Curney for similar reasons.

    My main (with 99.9% of my gameplay since about 2009) Agall @ Firetree

    ---------------------------------

    I have no idea what would cause an RMT suspension since I've never bought gold, done paid carries, nor bought carries from anyone at any point in the 15 years I've played this game. This suspension is malicious...

    I'm not going to play a game where I can erroneously get suspended for 30 days. So if this isn't reverted then you can consider me permanently unsubscribed. If your systems can't differentiate a clearly a legitimate player from one that's breaking ToS, then its not a game worth supporting, nor playing in fear that I'll be randomly suspending mid arena match and have to explain to my arena partners why I just 'disconnected'.

    The simple fact that a situation can occur, whether reverted or not, to someone like myself, someone who has never performed anything related to RMT in the decades I've played this game, is morally abhorrent, and I don't find myself supporting this kind of policy. If your systems automatically flagged someone like myself, that I can clearly say is a legitimate player who goes as far as only running a single addon in the game due to the advantage some addons can provide someone competitively, then I don't see myself supporting your company financially and its policies at all. I would argue I'm the textbook definition of someone who plays the game at a high level who doesn't perform such carries/boosts/RMT content, and whether you believe that or not doesn't matter to me because I know I'm right, and I have plenty of other things I could be doing with my free time and money. I value my free time to the point where I regularly purchase WoW tokens, because I have a well paying job where I can afford to do such, something that RMT and the idea of monetizing my free time prevents me from even participating in streaming on Twitch for money. I'm even an individual who while in the Navy, would build computers for my shipmates for free because the simple idea of monetizing something that I'm passionate and doing for fun, was morally abhorrent. At this point, I don't care what the verdict is, from what my arena teammates were telling me (mind you that I was disconnected from mid match which also means that this false suspension affected them directly), y'all do this all the time and they're rarely reversed. So I have little hope that you'll reverse this false accusation on my character, and will choose to not associate myself with this kind of policy.

    "We don't take this decision lightly. Our team issued this suspension only after a careful review of relevant evidence. Our support staff will not overturn this penalty and may not respond to appeals." Goodbye WoW, its been a nice 15 years of legitimate fun, until you ruined it.
    You bought gold bro. They only ban with proof get over it.
    HOWEVER its hard to get banned buying gold. They trade you items now and you sell them. Its the people who buy large stupid amounts.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Agall View Post
    We'll see what the impact of this ban wave is and what caused it. Not going to sit and convince people of my innocence but just realize that if they can ban me for such, then no one is safe. Its something that should alarm everyone, no matter the content you participate in.

    Everyone ignoring an issue like this will scream when it comes for them. When you're in a m+ or raid you joined through LFG with a RMT carry and this set of ban waves were just people who participated in rated PVP content.
    This is literally what Propagandists use to farm support for their causes. They're coming after YOU next. YOU should be mad. YOU must fight back. This reeks of manipulation.

  7. #27
    Legendary! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    6,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Always makes me chuckle to see MMO-C dismiss complaints about being banned right off the bat. "They banned you so you must be guilty!".
    Yeah yeah everyone’s innocent in prison…

    And sure, an error can happen no system being perfect. It’s still the system we have to deal with. The chance OP being honest is very slim and we just can’t know nor do anything. Thus the verbal diarrhea of OP, on top of being really cringe, is pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  8. #28
    Wether the ban was justified or not, we cannot really have an opinion on. But your appeal is very poorly written, you are basically just throwing similar threats that everyone does "I'm going to quit, you won't see my money again".

    In reality they know that you will be back, if you have been playing for 13 straight years. And you know it yourself too.

    In such a big game collateral bans are pretty much guaranteed, just like false penalties are given in sports, even on the highest levels. So if it was false ban, sucks for you, but nothing you can do about it at this point.

  9. #29
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Factician View Post
    Sounds to me like you knowingly participated in some RMT 3's boosting and are justifying it because you weren't the one handling the transaction. It takes two to tango.
    So knowing why someone performs an action makes you guilty of that action? That's some sound logic. I disagree with paid boosting whether RMT or gold out of principle, which I described above. I was referring to simply queuing with two other equally skilled player, if one of them does RMT boosting on the side, you have no way of knowing. Not like RMT boosters have big banners on their character saying 'don't queue with me, I'm a degenerate who does RMT boosting'. Its also something that's offered all the time if you're a high end pvper. People looking to recruit more boosters or just some noob who wants to pay for rating. I've never had anyone ask for an RMT boost but I've had plenty of noobs who've asked for gold carries that I politely declined, that's something I assume anyone riding on current gladiator mounts get.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Wether the ban was justified or not, we cannot really have an opinion on. But your appeal is very poorly written, you are basically just throwing similar threats that everyone does "I'm going to quit, you won't see my money again".

    In reality they know that you will be back, if you have been playing for 13 straight years. And you know it yourself too.

    In such a big game collateral bans are pretty much guaranteed, just like false penalties are given in sports, even on the highest levels. So if it was false ban, sucks for you, but nothing you can do about it at this point.
    I agree, its why the contents of the appeal clearly don't matter. What matters is that Blizzard has no problem handing out illegitimate 30 day suspensions based on what is clearly insufficient evidence, only evil prosecutors can find evidence of a crime that wasn't committed.
    I feel like I've made it obvious that I don't care what the verdict is, because the fact that it happened tells me all I need to know about Blizzard's policy, and I have no confidence that this is a fluke but a change in policy that'll be the new standard. In that case, I'd need to treat everyone I queue with as a threat to my account...

  10. #30
    Brewmaster Depakote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    1,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post
    It probably didn’t help that your appeal is barely-comprehensible moralising verbal diarrhoea.

    Seeya in a month.
    It's replies like this that remind me of how welcome and friendly MMO-Champion is to it's userbase.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Amorac View Post
    No offense but do tell, why would they not overturn a falsely suspended account? What benefit does it give them at all? What is the business case here? Piss of honest players and get some bad advertisement?

    Anyway, pretty sure there have been successful appeals but most of them end up like this one

    Wrongly suspended in the recent RMT ban wave - Support / Customer Support - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)


    Well, guess you are free to take it to court or your consumer rights office if you truly feel confident.

    Also how long ago did you appeal? Don't expect a reply in 24 hours, esp in the weekends.
    Their moderation has been crap for the longest time. They don't care who they ban & why they're banned.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Can you be any more dramatic?
    Can you be more dismissive?

  11. #31
    holy crap the blizzturd defense squad is out in full force in this thread lol

    they told him he was banned but didnt give specifics nor show him what evidence they have...

    that said its in their agreement that they can ban you for any reason or no reason at all. thats the risk you take playing any online only game.

    youre not missing anything quitting wow though, the game will continue to be ass as blizzturd cant stop with their shitty control freak design

  12. #32
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    282
    We'll see how long it takes Blizzard to respond to my appeal. I'll copy+paste it here if the post is still up. The consensus seems to be related to SL season 3 arena participation. I wasn't provided any data on why, other than the generic Violation: Exploitative Activity: Real Money Transaction email.

    For context, I played A LOT of 3s games last season as well as S1 and S2, where only about 150 were with the same two individuals in S3. Hit up to 2884cr, and sat at 2765cr for over a month because the warrior we were queuing with, thiccbiscuit-area52, would always decline to queue. The priest I was queuing with is also suspended. The warrior is a cutting edge mythic raider and the priest is a habitual RBG hero, my content participation is a lot more casual outside of arenas and occasional heroic raiding.
    None of us would've been RMT boostee clients, since prior to S3 we were all 2700xp in 3s with multiple gladiators already, so its unlikely a result of my 3s participation with those two individuals. Note that they still haven't handed out S3 titles, so its possible that this is the result of disqualification pruning for the ladder. Note that I ended last season at only 2000 rating or so, nothing particularly impressive.
    Its possible that at some point in season 3, I joined an LFG group for either 3s or RBGs that was doing carries, and by association I was suspended. If that's the case the idea of doing background checks on every individual in every LFG group you join to not get a random suspension is absurd. I probably ended S3 on my main with thousands of 3s matches and hundreds of RBG matches. If my crime worthy of suspension was simply playing the game as a multi +2700 3s multi gladiator and rbg hero indiscriminately then the game genuinely isn't worth playing at that level.
    Blizzard doesn't let you auto queue into 3s and RBGS, so you have to use LFG. If you can get suspended for queuing with the wrong people in LFG, then their system is designed to screw people like me over.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Agall View Post
    The fact that it occurred to me sets a terrifying precedent on how big of an overreach it is.
    It's a videogame and we all rent time on their servers. We don't own anything, so when (for whatever reason) your access gets banned, that's it. You knew this going in, not sure why you think this is overreach other than being overly dramatic.

    Appeal and escalate with their support if you think it's unjust. It doesn't need a post here. It happens. We can't do anything about it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Agall View Post
    I'll copy+paste it here if the post is still up.
    Please don't.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by chaoticcrono View Post
    they told him he was banned but didnt give specifics nor show him what evidence they have...
    They never do. They don't have to.

    Quote Originally Posted by chaoticcrono View Post
    that said its in their agreement that they can ban you for any reason or no reason at all. thats the risk you take playing any online only game.
    Exactly. There's really no discussion to be had here.
    Your only course of action is to appeal and escalate. Just like with any online service. Quite often it works, so if OP hasn't done anything wrong, a 2nd level review will most likely get their account reinstated and from there it's business as usual.
    Last edited by AudibleEscalation; 2022-08-14 at 07:55 AM.

  14. #34
    So many here who seem to think being falsely banned is so impossible...
    Blizzard have no way of 100% knowing if anyone ever did RMT, except if they stupidly enough talked about it in-game or through the b.net chats.

    They can only look at patterns. If someone is boosting a lot of players and doesn't get gold in exchange, that's an indication of RMT... but still not 100% proof.
    Guilt by association is also one of the most common and easiest biases to fall into.

    Do I think OP is falsely banned? No idea, can't know, won't know... do I know there is a possibility he is falsely banned? Absolutely.
    Do I think Blizzard is wrong? No idea, can't know, won't know... do I know the ones handling the case can have biases that clouds their judgement? Absolutely.

    I'm sure there are people doing these ban reviews that have the same hatred for P2W and RMT trading as some people here which plays a role.

    In the end nothing will be cleared up in this thread.

  15. #35
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by AudibleEscalation View Post
    It's a videogame and we all rent time on their servers. We don't own anything, so when (for whatever reason) your access gets banned, that's it. You knew this going in, not sure why you think this is overreach other than being overly dramatic.

    Appeal and escalate with their support if you think it's unjust. It doesn't need a post here. It happens. We can't do anything about it.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Please don't.

    - - - Updated - - -



    They never do.



    Exactly. There's really no discussion to be had here.
    Your only course of action is to appeal and escalate. Just like with any online service. Quite often it works, so if OP hasn't done anything, a 2nd level review will most likely get their account reinstated and from there it's business as usual.
    Blizzard is a public company with a duty to produce profits for their investors. These companies have terms of service and responsibilities to their investors and consumers to act fairly and just with that duty. I'm a consumer of said product, and have been for nearly 15 years, a loyal one as well. If they're willing to burn that then it a significant misstep. I feel responsible as a consumer to let others know of this, because that's how other consumers are warned. Its no different than receiving a product that's defective or falsely advertised.
    I was very positive on Blizzard's change in direction until today, because I know for certain that this is a gross misstep and misuse of their RMT suspension policy. I doubt I'm alone in this, because if I've been suspended for this, there's likely a lot of others who've falsely received this as well based on similar 'evidence'. That could be as simple as joining the wrong discord. I can tell you for certain that's occurred at some point in Shadowlands, where I join an RBG group and the Discord they link is clearly a boosting discord once you've joined, assumingly a couple individuals in the group are paying customers. Even without a linked discord account, its not hard for them to associate my Discord display name (mind you is the same as my character's name) and see my in game character. I prune the discord servers I stay actively apart of, which is currently 14, none of which were removed recently because they're all official game servers or servers that my friends have made.

    "Appeal and escalate with their support if you think it's unjust. It doesn't need a post here. It happens. We can't do anything about it." Getting a 30 day suspension for activity you didn't participate in isn't just a 'it happens' sort of problem. I've been doing high level PVP since 2014 and have never seen anything like this before, never had a suspension, mute, or anything like it before that either. I've done nothing different than what I have been doing for the last 8+ years with respect to PVP, no bots, boosting, carries, and especially RMT.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Always makes me chuckle to see MMO-C dismiss complaints about being banned right off the bat. "They banned you so you must be guilty!".
    Back when I still played LoL I loved when people complained about being banned on the official forums only for Tryndamere (the Co-founder) to start posting chatlogs of the OP being horribly toxic.

    "I was wrongfully banned" threads are always the best.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    It's replies like this that remind me of how welcome and friendly MMO-Champion is to it's userbase.
    You see threads like this every so often. There are two possibilities:

    - OP did something that warranted the ban, and they're straight up lying, which justifies any snarky response they may get.

    - OP happens to be one of the very, very, very few who have been accidentally hit by a banwave like this without doing anything to deserve it, but they show this attitude of entitlement, which not only makes them look guilty af, but also justifies any snarky response they may get.

    If they wanted polite answers, from Blizzard or MMO-Champion, they should have been polite in the first place. And that's a lesson that applies to real life, too.

  18. #38
    The Undying Lochton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    36,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Agall View Post
    "We don't take this decision lightly. Our team issued this suspension only after a careful review of relevant evidence. Our support staff will not overturn this penalty and may not respond to appeals." Goodbye WoW, its been a nice 15 years of legitimate fun, until you ruined it."

    -Below is my appeal, but by the above, pasted from their suspension email, its unlikely to be heard, so I'll include it here. You also cannot post on the WoW forums while suspended... I've only removed the time and name headers from multiple posts in the contact support form.

    Apparently there was a huge ban wave that included players like Flarkness, Ceralium, Maldiva, Rennar, Laros, Gage, Psyqualia, Pokemons, Rylin, Brown, Hots, Saul, Bigdam, Abrua, Aiden, Bluedrew, Oz, Curney for similar reasons.

    My main (with 99.9% of my gameplay since about 2009) Agall @ Firetree

    ---------------------------------

    I have no idea what would cause an RMT suspension since I've never bought gold, done paid carries, nor bought carries from anyone at any point in the 15 years I've played this game. This suspension is malicious...

    I'm not going to play a game where I can erroneously get suspended for 30 days. So if this isn't reverted then you can consider me permanently unsubscribed. If your systems can't differentiate a clearly a legitimate player from one that's breaking ToS, then its not a game worth supporting, nor playing in fear that I'll be randomly suspending mid arena match and have to explain to my arena partners why I just 'disconnected'.

    The simple fact that a situation can occur, whether reverted or not, to someone like myself, someone who has never performed anything related to RMT in the decades I've played this game, is morally abhorrent, and I don't find myself supporting this kind of policy. If your systems automatically flagged someone like myself, that I can clearly say is a legitimate player who goes as far as only running a single addon in the game due to the advantage some addons can provide someone competitively, then I don't see myself supporting your company financially and its policies at all. I would argue I'm the textbook definition of someone who plays the game at a high level who doesn't perform such carries/boosts/RMT content, and whether you believe that or not doesn't matter to me because I know I'm right, and I have plenty of other things I could be doing with my free time and money. I value my free time to the point where I regularly purchase WoW tokens, because I have a well paying job where I can afford to do such, something that RMT and the idea of monetizing my free time prevents me from even participating in streaming on Twitch for money. I'm even an individual who while in the Navy, would build computers for my shipmates for free because the simple idea of monetizing something that I'm passionate and doing for fun, was morally abhorrent. At this point, I don't care what the verdict is, from what my arena teammates were telling me (mind you that I was disconnected from mid match which also means that this false suspension affected them directly), y'all do this all the time and they're rarely reversed. So I have little hope that you'll reverse this false accusation on my character, and will choose to not associate myself with this kind of policy.

    "We don't take this decision lightly. Our team issued this suspension only after a careful review of relevant evidence. Our support staff will not overturn this penalty and may not respond to appeals." Goodbye WoW, its been a nice 15 years of legitimate fun, until you ruined it.
    You can also be struck with RMT suspensions by assisting groups who do RMT, boosting communities for gold (as some get money from within it too), or by being a customer.

    If you quit for good just over a minor suspension, then isn't this more you needing a reason to get yourself to quit, than actually being reluctant to quit?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    You see threads like this every so often. There are two possibilities:

    - OP did something that warranted the ban, and they're straight up lying, which justifies any snarky response they may get.

    - OP happens to be one of the very, very, very few who have been accidentally hit by a banwave like this without doing anything to deserve it, but they show this attitude of entitlement, which not only makes them look guilty af, but also justifies any snarky response they may get.

    If they wanted polite answers, from Blizzard or MMO-Champion, they should have been polite in the first place. And that's a lesson that applies to real life, too.
    Perfectly put.

  20. #40
    Ohhh, wrong answer.

    We was simply looking for a did not do it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •