Thread: More proof...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oKURWAmon View Post
    Also monks and warlocks should be unlocked for all classes in a Light vs Void xpack if not earlier, as all assets are already present and the time it takes for Blizz to implement it is the equivalent of flipping on a light switch - just the same as it is with priests, mages and rogues.
    dunno about monks, but for warlocks i think its more that they want to add some lore to give excuse (even weak one) why someone like drenei might want to at least tolerate warlock among them... or they want to add customisation via eredar/manari for drenei locks, who knows
    or they will use new combos to seem they add content when they have less content

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Bfa was the mop rehash. Faction conflict with the horde warchief being a baddie. Then horde and ally coming together at the end.

So yeah you're right which means df is cata 2.0 while 11.0 would be wod 2.0 with yrel being brought back by muro.

Df is only like mop with lighthearted exploration. But we're basically dealing with the same elemental and dragon theme that cata did.
    If BfA was indeed a MoP rehash that would explain why I didn't like it either XD

Some people are concerned about AU Dreanor too because of time travel and what not,
    but I don't give a fuck as long as I like an expansion aesthetically with WoD being my second favorite after Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I think last boss of DF is a bit of a stretch but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw him again. When we defeated Murozond in End Time didn't he say that it was possible for Nozdomru to become corrupted again?
    It is not possible for Nozdormu to become corrupted again.

Because he has not been corrupted yet. He WILL be corrupted at some point, create the Infinite Dragonflight and meet his end in End Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    dunno about monks, but for warlocks i think its more that they want to add some lore to give excuse (even weak one) why someone like drenei might want to at least tolerate warlock among them... or they want to add customisation via eredar/manari for drenei locks, who knows
    or they will use new combos to seem they add content when they have less content
    Yeah, I think Blizz wants to milk each new race-class combo for maximum profit too,
    yet I hope against hope that the next patch will introduce race-wide monks and warlocks
    - I'd instantly roll a worgen monk with the
    Initiate's Handwraps fist weapon transmog,
    which makes your character fight bare-handed so I could finally attack with my claws after 10+ years,
    and a draenei lock too :P
    Last edited by Spritz Bergak; 2022-08-17 at 01:25 PM.

If BfA was indeed a MoP rehash that would explain why I didn't like it either XD

Some people are concerned about AU Dreanor too because of time travel and what not,
    but I don't give a fuck as long as I like an expansion aesthetically with WoD being my second favorite after Cataclysm
    Well it wouldn't really be time travel for us at least Murozond is gonna bring yrel to us.

So we get those AU characters without the lore shit fest that was wod.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It is not possible for Nozdormu to become corrupted again.

Because he has not been corrupted yet. He WILL be corrupted at some point, create the Infinite Dragonflight and meet his end in End Time.
    This.

Which is why it drives me crazy when people say "bUt wE BeAT hiM In EnD tIMe"

I don't really get the fascination people have with Yrel as an antagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    End boss is likely...

Yrel, and the Light/Void conflict? Not as much.
    Of course it will be.

Literally there's no other way to bring her into the conflict without time travel. And the only group with both the means and motive is the infinite flight.

And she will come into the spot light again given her set up in bfa.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    I don't really get the fascination people have with Yrel as an antagonist.
    It not really a fascination, but instead of that fact that she exists and has been set up as a light villain in bfa

I find this whole cosmic forces thing boring.

Uldaman, thaldraszus main quest line, thaldrqszus side quest all point towards murozond coming back.

On top of that, yet minor detail, is that chromie got an update. Wouldnt be surprised if she became the next leader of the bronze flight after Nozzy/Muro kicks the bucket.

Remember, Ion said we'd know who the final boss is by the end of the 10.0 story.

Plus just think of the boss roster in a Muro raid. Besides obligatory infinite dragon bosses or elemental time anomaly monsters, we can have various AU Hearthstone characters, like the Knights of the Frozen throne or Lightlord Ragnaros
    Thats actually something ive wanted since the introduced CoT back in tbc a Raid where we fought against Alternative time line Villians and heroes from the past. Kinda like with what happened in War crimes Novel. How our gang had to face off against Alternative versions of them selves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I really dislike this whole idea of us alternating between down to earth and cosmic themed expansions...
    I feel the same.

Given the fact that the new expansions are basically rehashes of older expansions:

Legion- TBC 2.0

BfA - (full time filler expansion with worst possible pvp filler story, which we knew would make no sense at the very beginning as the factions will unite against a new common evil anyhow, - lo and behold they did - so it was completely uncalled for as the whole shit was just a plot device to set up sylvanas which should've happened in a single patch instead)

Shadowlands - WotLK - 2.0

Dragonflight -Cataclysm 2.0 + ""MoP 2.0"" - (the devs cited MoP as an inspiration themselves - the reason being "exploration", yeah not like any expansion was about exploration in a way shape or form or anything :P and mostly because Cataclysm got a bad rep over the years [it will still remain my favorite because of worgen and focus on elementals and dragons], but Dragonlifght is basically Cataclysm 2.0 instead of MoP)

So it would make sense for 11.0 to be focused on AU Draenor or Pandaria again.
    But it should focus on AU Draenor, as I didn't like the Asian aesthetic of Pandaria compared to the savage new world of AU Draenor anyhow :P

Also monks and warlocks should be unlocked for all races in a Light vs Void xpack if not earlier, as all assets are already present and the time it takes for Blizz to implement it is the equivalent of flipping on a light switch - just the same as it is with priests, mages and rogues.
    Question is - how much of that pattern is a confirmation bias and reaching? I guess, it's a pure coincidence and Blizzard doesn't simply copy-paste the theme to consecutive expansion to create some sort of pattern. Usually, storylines pointed to obvious continuation and it happened to fit that famous pattern.

Also, I pray to gods that Blizzard won't go Light vs. Void theme ever. It's such a weird and uninspired subject to explore. Especially, that it dangerously cross a way with pretty unsatisfactory concept of "cosmic threat". Big nope. More subtle, grounded stories are a few orders of magnitude more relatable to players. And opinion of Blizzard inability to write at least mediocre stories evolved to being a fact by that time. So let them just have some farmers that need you to help them harvest their wheat, rather than Naaru asking you to harvest void-corrupted planets.

Well it wouldn't really be time travel for us at least Murozond is gonna bring yrel to us.

So we get those AU characters without the lore shit fest that was wod.
    That'd be cool, as with that the naysayers would be pacified also

Only thing left to decide what the setting would be:

- would it be a world revamp with instanced continents,

or may favorite would be an island chain above the planet,

or even some other planet in space.

Can you think of any hints as to where the expansion would be set?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    Question is - how much of that pattern is a confirmation bias and reaching? I guess, it's a pure coincidence and Blizzard doesn't simply copy-paste the theme to consecutive expansion to create some sort of pattern. Usually, storylines pointed to obvious continuation and it happened to fit that famous pattern.

Also, I pray to gods that Blizzard won't go Light vs. Void theme ever. It's such a weird and uninspired subject to explore. Especially, that it dangerously cross a way with pretty unsatisfactory concept of "cosmic threat". Big nope. More subtle, grounded stories are a few orders of magnitude more relatable to players. And opinion of Blizzard inability to write at least mediocre stories evolved to being a fact by that time. So let them just have some farmers that need you to help them harvest their wheat, rather than Naaru asking you to harvest void-corrupted planets.
    Sure, pure coincidence XD XD XD

In contrast I and many others love big scale stories, Id rather have to harvest void-corrupted planets than wheat for the millionth time
    Last edited by Spritz Bergak; 2022-08-17 at 02:02 PM.

Of course it will be.

Literally there's no other way to bring her into the conflict without time travel. And the only group with both the means and motive is the infinite flight.

And she will come into the spot light again given her set up in bfa.

- - - Updated - - -

It not really a fascination, but instead of that fact that she exists and has been set up as a light villain in bfa
    Or maybe Blizzard realized it's a boring concept to show Light in a different light... of a villian, so that we find equilibrium in storytelling and there's more than black and white. Ugh, I can already imagine that story-alike abomination.

Also, as I wrote earlier - people virtaully disliked any content that was cosmic-related. It's boring and strips WoW off the medival-alike fantasy filled with dragons, elementals, knights, hunters and mages. Riot is coming with their massive MMO, and Blizzard realizes that going into stories like that is nothing but walking on the thin ice.

"The only group with means and motive to bring Yrel to conflict is the infinite dragonflight" - that is the classic example of: "don't ask me how it happened, script required this to happen so it happened".
    Much better alternative is a revamp, which WoW desperately needs, and it's also way more fitting the time-travelling group of dragons plot than AU Draenor 2.0.

- - - Updated - - -

In contrast I and many others love big scale stories, Id rather have to harvest void-corrupted planets than wheat for the millionth time
    Ehm, yes - it might be a coincidence and most probably is.

Big scale stories - which is what? Cosmic travels in an originally high-fantasy IP? Or big scale stories like well-designed, overarching plot based on preestablished event and story bits?

Either way, Blizzard can't properly design such story. At least, they never had.

Of the "varx" prophecy.

As I've been saying since SL beta, murozond will be the final boss of DF.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/side-qu...-future-328234

He'll end the expansion by summoning Yrel and the light bound from AU draenor to set the stage for 11.0 in karesh, light vs void.
    light vs void is last wow expansion lol i dont think theyre going to do that unless they plan a total lore wipe a la realm reborn or going into the future to reset which would be shit

Big scale stories - which is what? Cosmic travels in an originally high-fantasy IP? Or big scale stories like well-designed, overarching plot based on preestablished event and story bits?

Either way, Blizzard can't properly design such story. At least, they never had.
    So you really think it's a coincidence, huh? believe what you will facts still remain facts

We can have space mages, elementals, dragons literally anything. It's called giving flair to an otherwise bland repetitive nonsense.
    Just like Morrowind - the best entry to date in their lineup did for the Elder Scrolls. Or what Spacejammer is in DnD.

One last thing: If you at least correctly see how Blizzard fucked up with BfA in doing a cohesive traditional low-fantasy (low fantasy is shit in and of itself and BfA had the lowest fantasy to date) faction war-focused garbage of a story, why do you want them to repeat that fuckup?
    Last edited by Spritz Bergak; 2022-08-17 at 02:32 PM.

That'd be cool, as with that the naysayers would be pacified also

Only thing left to decide what the setting would be:

- would it be a world revamp with instanced continents,

or may favorite would be an island chain above the planet,

or even some other planet in space.

Can you think of any hints as to where the expansion would be set?

- - - Updated - - -

Karesh.

Only place a void lord has manifested in recent history

And with rafaam in the picture now in DF, hell probably be used to get players familiar with ethereals again

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe Blizzard realized it's a boring concept to show Light in a different light... of a villian, so that we find equilibrium in storytelling and there's more than black and white. Ugh, I can already imagine that story-alike abomination.

Also, as I wrote earlier - people virtaully disliked any content that was cosmic-related. It's boring and strips WoW off the medival-alike fantasy filled with dragons, elementals, knights, hunters and mages. Riot is coming with their massive MMO, and Blizzard realizes that going into stories like that is nothing but walking on the thin ice.

"The only group with means and motive to bring Yrel to conflict is the infinite dragonflight" - that is the classic example of: "don't ask me how it happened, script required this to happen so it happened".
    Much better alternative is a revamp, which WoW desperately needs, and it's also way more fitting the time-travelling group of dragons plot than AU Draenor 2.0.

- - - Updated - - -

Light as villains is pretty compelling imo. The scarlet crusade is pretty awesome. And a cosmic expansion can definitely work, look at Legion.

Karesh.

And with rafaam in the picture now in DF, hell probably be used to get players familiar with ethereals again
    K'aresh sounds cool. I'd love to explore that planet

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Karesh.

Dimensius the All-Devouring manifested in Outland most recently, in the remains of Manaforge Ultris in Netherstorm. He had previously destroyed K'aresh, and also manifested himself on Karkora at some point but was able to be banished through the sacrifice of the naaru T'uure.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Dimensius the All-Devouring manifested in Outland most recently, in the remains of Manaforge Ultris in Netherstorm. He had previously destroyed K'aresh, and also manifested himself on Karkora at some point but was able to be banished through the sacrifice of the naaru T'uure.
    I think K'aresh is still more established already in the minds of the players, and it's true that we already visited "destroyed" worlds ala MacAndCheese on Argus, but if Blizz decide to have a world not destroyed by the void - Karkora, that would be an okay setting, probably easier on the eyes and more varied too. I just want to have diverse flora fauna and new people with new architecture and unique quests
    Last edited by Spritz Bergak; 2022-08-17 at 02:47 PM.