Thread: More proof...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    I mean, dude. It's pretty funny you got so passive-agressive, but you're polish, my fellow citizen, so it doesn't surprise me whatsoever
    I will ignore the first part as I already mentioned the pattern you seek has been broken twice by that time.

2'. You literally made up these two things: "space high fantasy" and "weird (whatever that is) high fantasy" so I will straighten this out for you.
    High-fantasy is tricky to define, but the general consensus, wherever you look up for definition, would be a world set in a medival-alike times, within the world with consistent rules, similar to that on Earth, but departing from it when it comes to power, magic and creatures. Sometime consists of "semi-advanced" technology, like prototype pistols and rudimental engineering. High-fantasy is based on good vs. evil theme and usually associated with overarching stories.

FYI, the D&D's campaign is called 'Spelljammer', not 'Spacejammer'.

And obviously, you keep misinterpreting my words. Never did I say it's impossible to incorporate space into WoW - it has already been done multiple times. All I am saying is that fully-fledged space-themed expansion goes beyond the world that had been established for Warcraft. It's not impossible. It's just that these two worlds (high-fantasy and sci-fi) have little in common, thus it makes an unsatisfactory to mix up these two worlds. WARNING: that's an opinion.

3'. Advocate for what? Low-fantasy? I don't. You realize that existence of farmers that harvest the wheat, or in broader sense, similiarities to natural real world, doesn't make it a low-fantasy, right? You are making such a strawman argument there, that's it's hard to take it seriously, really. Pandaria was an expansion that aimed for more down-to-earth themes and stories, while still having a good, grander overarching plot. They aim to do the same with DF. And yet, John Hight HIMSELF said they want to go back to more high-fantasy theme.

You confuse definitions, make a lot of logical fallacies, put words in my mouth or misrepresent what I say, get emotionally invested while posting and take agressive position. What's your problem dude, lol?
    What if I told you, not just Poles can use the word kurwa? :P this is evident, as throughout all of your posts you constantly jump to illogical conclusions.

Yeah, ignore the pattern, you can't see it, therefore it's better to bury your head in the sand, gotcha

Now you try to be all buddy-buddy like-but that doesn't change the fact that BfA was the shittiest expansion, and we don't need nowhere near anything similar.
    Regarding Dragonflight, we at least agree it's going to be a wonderful xpack, although for different reasons obviously. your limited understanding of high fantasy makes you believe that high fantasy necessarily needs to incorporate low fantasy elements, which in turn is far from the case.

Furthermore, if you want to engage in an activity which exists in the natural world: e.g: harvesting wheat instead of killing elementals for example- you are advocating for low fantasy content whether you see it or not. I in turn would like to have a story of epic proportions like Light vs.dark.

What if I told you robots and automatons can be medieval - look at the dwemer in Morrowind yet again for the third time, or the artificers of Eberron. In the same vein, if medieval Lightforged robots appear in the next xpack, I'll be okay with that because I see high fantasy for what it is: High use of magic in every aspect of the world - which is true and remains true for WoW whether you can understand it or not
    Last edited by Spritz Bergak; 2022-08-19 at 09:25 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    god i hope chromie gets a different voice actress, the current one is like nails on chalkboard.

not a fan of losing old valuable characters like nozd, especially when the current writing team is incapable of developing new/any characters.
    I agree with this. Idc for chromie at all tbh.