Poll: What do you think the pantheon of life and death are?

Page 1 of 8
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    What do you think pantheon of death and life are?

    So we all know the Primus called the Eternal Ones in the Shadowlands the Pantheon of death, and eluded to Elune being the Winter queen's counter part in the pantheon of life. so what do you think this pantheon of death/life are?


    1. God like beings over the realm of the living and the realm of the dead

    i.e. existience is split into those that are "alive" and those that are "dead" - and Pantheon of death are the beings over those in the universe of the dead while the Pantheon of life are those governing those who are alive in the realm of the living.


    2. Pantheon over death magic and life magic

    i.e. they are the cosmic forces of death, and death magic's pantheon is what




    Do the cosmic powers have pantheons? To me that doesn't make sense because they are powers - inert forces, that beings can command. Some beings may be great at one type, but like elements (i.e. air, fire, water, ) they are just powers. You can have beings spawned of them infused with them, but I don't think you have god's of cosmic powers.

    As far as we know, both the Eternal ones, and every being considered a god has been able to use multiple sources of magic - Eternal ones use several kinds, the titans do too, even the loa, tied to the cycle of life and death, do not exclusively wield nature magic, in fact not many of them can.

    Does the solution to this miystery reveal who the first ones are?
    Last edited by Mace; 2022-08-15 at 02:43 PM.

  2. #2
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    40,701
    Insofar as we know, they do, yes. The Pantheon of Death are the Eternal Ones we saw in the Shadowlands - namely the Primus, the Winter Queen, Sire Denathrius, Kyrestia, and the Arbiter/Zovaal/Pelagos. We only know one member thus far of the presumed Pantheon of Life, namely Elune, and that she is the counterpart of the Winter Queen who serves the domain of Life. We also don't know that Elune is herself a member of a Pantheon but it seems likely enough, as we know the Void and Order also had pantheons of beings.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    So we all know the Primus called the Eternal Ones in the Shadowlands the Pantheon of death, and eluded to Elune being the Winter queen's counter part in the pantheon of life. so what do you think this pantheon of death/life are?


    1. God like beings over the realm of the living and the realm of the dead

    i.e. existience is split into those that are "alive" and those that are "dead" - and Pantheon of death are the beings over those in the universe of the dead while the Pantheon of life are those governing those who are alive in the realm of the living.


    2. Pantheon over death magic and life magic

    i.e. they are the cosmic forces of death, and death magic's pantheon is what




    Do the cosmic powers have pantheons? To me that doesn't make sense because they are powers - innert forces, that beings can command. Some beings may be great at one type, but like elements (i.e. air, fire, water, ) they are just elements. You can have beings spawned of them infused with them, but I don't think you have god's of cosmic powers.

    As far as we know, both the Eternal ones, and every being considered a god has been able to use multiple sources of magic - Eternal ones use several kinds, the titans do too, even the loa, tied to the cycle of life and death, do not exclusively wield nature magic, in fact not many of them can.

    Does the solution to this miystery reveal who the first ones are?
    I.e. Marasmius is older than the Winter Queen, this implies that these pantheons are at best puppets installed in an attempt to guide those aptly described inert forces towards some endgoal of the first ones' making.

    Not really gods in the slightest, but just powerful creatures that seem godlike to lesser creatures.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

  4. #4
    It's basically confirmed that every cosmic force has their own realm and their own Zereth X (Zereth Mortis being the one for death as mortis means death in latin).

    From this point on, it's easy to assume that every force also has their own Pantheon.
    I'll probably win no prizes for guessing that the Void lords will be the Pantheon of shadow / void, then you also probably explore some Pantheon of Disorder (probably a bunch of Archdemons who see Sargeras as some sort of usurper) and so forth.

    And above all that, you have the First ones who created this entire thing alongside the respective Zereth realms.

  5. #5
    The Patient Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Proxima Centauri
    Posts
    332
    Robots like pantheon of death

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It's basically confirmed that every cosmic force has their own realm and their own Zereth X (Zereth Mortis being the one for death as mortis means death in latin).
    s.
    Where was this confirmed?
    cosmic forces are forces not realms.

    The living realm is a realm - because it is a place where all things that are alive are, while the death realm is a realm because it is the place wehre things that are dead - i.e. sepaated from the living are.

    It is not hte realm of "death magic" or the realm of "anture life magic" Cosmic forces are are just that forces. How can Fel have a realm or arcane a re realm? These are forces that compromise the living world.

    Now Light and void are more basic than that, becuase all things are ordered from them, in our world we have light and we have void, the spaces in between - this is what they are so they have realms. but it's a different concept than life and death.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Insofar as we know, they do, yes. The Pantheon of Death are the Eternal Ones we saw in the Shadowlands - namely the Primus, the Winter Queen, Sire Denathrius, Kyrestia, and the Arbiter/Zovaal/Pelagos. We only know one member thus far of the presumed Pantheon of Life, namely Elune, and that she is the counterpart of the Winter Queen who serves the domain of Life. We also don't know that Elune is herself a member of a Pantheon but it seems likely enough, as we know the Void and Order also had pantheons of beings.
    I think that is a player mis conception. The Pantheon of death do not control or cast death magic. exclusively, they use all kinds of magic, some moreso than others - as you would expect near divine beings to - while death is a type of magic, the realm of death is not the death cosmic force embodiment. Domination magic is the name of death isn't it?

    I think players have confused the issue entirely, attributing realms to the cosmic forces/powers where they a re none, especially with death and life - because death in the realm of death is not referring to a cosmic power it is referring to the place where the dead exist - dead as in those who are permanently cut off from those that are living . those that are living are in the realm of life. the realm of life is not dominated by nature magic, it has all the cosmic forces and powers operating.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Where was this confirmed?
    cosmic forces are forces not realms.

    The living realm is a realm - because it is a place where all things that are alive are, while the death realm is a realm because it is the place wehre things that are dead - i.e. sepaated from the living are.

    It is not hte realm of "death magic" or the realm of "anture life magic" Cosmic forces are are just that forces. How can Fel have a realm or arcane a re realm? These are forces that compromise the living world.

    Now Light and void are more basic than that, becuase all things are ordered from them, in our world we have light and we have void, the spaces in between - this is what they are so they have realms. but it's a different concept than life and death.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I think that is a player mis conception. The Pantheon of death do not control or cast death magic. exclusively, they use all kinds of magic, some moreso than others - as you would expect near divine beings to - while death is a type of magic, the realm of death is not the death cosmic force embodiment. Domination magic is the name of death isn't it?

    I think players have confused the issue entirely, attributing realms to the cosmic forces/powers where they a re none, especially with death and life - because death in the realm of death is not referring to a cosmic power it is referring to the place where the dead exist - dead as in those who are permanently cut off from those that are living . those that are living are in the realm of life. the realm of life is not dominated by nature magic, it has all the cosmic forces and powers operating.
    It was mentioned in dialogue with the oracle. They mention all the Zerths

    Mortis - Death
    Lumen - Light
    Ordos - Arcane
    Vitae - Life
    Umbra - Void
    Tumult - Fel

    Go have a quick google of Oracle Zereths WoW and you’ll see the list mentioned on a few sites and the quote somewhere from the oracle

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Where was this confirmed?
    cosmic forces are forces not realms.

    The living realm is a realm - because it is a place where all things that are alive are, while the death realm is a realm because it is the place wehre things that are dead - i.e. sepaated from the living are.

    It is not hte realm of "death magic" or the realm of "anture life magic" Cosmic forces are are just that forces. How can Fel have a realm or arcane a re realm? These are forces that compromise the living world.

    Now Light and void are more basic than that, becuase all things are ordered from them, in our world we have light and we have void, the spaces in between - this is what they are so they have realms. but it's a different concept than life and death.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I think that is a player mis conception. The Pantheon of death do not control or cast death magic. exclusively, they use all kinds of magic, some moreso than others - as you would expect near divine beings to - while death is a type of magic, the realm of death is not the death cosmic force embodiment. Domination magic is the name of death isn't it?

    I think players have confused the issue entirely, attributing realms to the cosmic forces/powers where they a re none, especially with death and life - because death in the realm of death is not referring to a cosmic power it is referring to the place where the dead exist - dead as in those who are permanently cut off from those that are living . those that are living are in the realm of life. the realm of life is not dominated by nature magic, it has all the cosmic forces and powers operating.
    You’ve got yourself a bit confused. They are the Pantheon of Death. They are referred to it all over the place. The regular realm (Azeroth space etc) is a nexus bridging all the realms together, look at the cosmology chart. Each cosmic realm so far appears to have a pantheon. We are basically 2 for 2 with Order (Titans) and Death (Eternal Ones) Pantheons being shown to us.

  8. #8
    You see to me, the realms of death are just that, realms of the dead - where those who are dead in the living world exist.

    they are not the realm of death magic.. death magic is no a realm, it's a force, as far as I understand it, Domination magic is the eore of death magic, and it can be used anywhere, in the realm of the living or t he dead.

  9. #9
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Nextdrassil
    Posts
    17,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    You see to me, the realms of death are just that, realms of the dead - where those who are dead in the living world exist.
    they are not the realm of death magic
    The "realm of the dead" and "realm of death magic" are one and the same thing.
    The Shadowlands ARE the realm of Death, and the afterlife to all mortal souls.

    death magic is no a realm, it's a force
    No shit, but the realm of said Death is made of said Death magic, which is said force.

    Domination magic is the eore of death magic
    It's not, Domination is a tool created by the Primus so the Pantheon could subdue Zovaal.

    Death magic is just anima and its use.



  10. #10
    I may be a be outdated here:

    For life we have the Wild Gods and Elune, Earth Mother, An'she, and Lo'sho.

    For light we have the Naaru.

    For Chaos, we have the old gods.

    For void, we have the void lords.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    It was mentioned in dialogue with the oracle. They mention all the Zerths

    Mortis - Death
    Lumen - Light
    Ordos - Arcane
    Vitae - Life
    Umbra - Void
    Tumult - Fel

    Go have a quick google of Oracle Zereths WoW and you’ll see the list mentioned on a few sites and the quote somewhere from the oracle

    - - - Updated - - -



    You’ve got yourself a bit confused. They are the Pantheon of Death. They are referred to it all over the place. The regular realm (Azeroth space etc) is a nexus bridging all the realms together, look at the cosmology chart. Each cosmic realm so far appears to have a pantheon. We are basically 2 for 2 with Order (Titans) and Death (Eternal Ones) Pantheons being shown to us.
    However, Azeroth and the regular realm are where living beings reside... and so is the relam of the living.. those same beings go through death and connect to the shdowlands the relam of the dead. yet in the realm of the living, nature magic isn't the most powerful nor is it the only type, it is the essence of life, but doesn't work alone.

    How would you resolve this "confusion"?

    Or is the theory they propose not really sound? I mean they are writers not philosophers afterall.

  12. #12
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Nextdrassil
    Posts
    17,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    For Chaos, we have the old gods.
    ???

    The Old Gods are creatures of the void.
    The ruling Pantheon of the Twisting Nether, if there even is one considering its nature, would consist of some mega demons.



  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    You see to me, the realms of death are just that, realms of the dead - where those who are dead in the living world exist.

    they are not the realm of death magic.. death magic is no a realm, it's a force, as far as I understand it, Domination magic is the eore of death magic, and it can be used anywhere, in the realm of the living or t he dead.
    Well, the undead magic used by the scourge is the result of Kil'jaedan creating the lich king and somehow acquiring it from the Jailer. It seems that that magic mostly reflects the magic in Maldraxxus.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    ???

    The Old Gods are creatures of the void.
    The ruling Pantheon of the Twisting Nether, if there even is one considering its nature, would consist of some mega demons.
    You're right, i made a mistake. Chaos would have been Sargeras and company.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    However, Azeroth and the regular realm are where living beings reside... and so is the relam of the living.. those same beings go through death and connect to the shdowlands the relam of the dead. yet in the realm of the living, nature magic isn't the most powerful nor is it the only type, it is the essence of life, but doesn't work alone.

    How would you resolve this "confusion"?

    Or is the theory they propose not really sound? I mean they are writers not philosophers afterall.
    For whatever reason, the twisting nether or "reality" (how it's listed in the pantheon chart) is the plane of existence where every primal force tries to influence. Where Zereth Vitae and the emerald dream would be domains of primarily life magic.

  14. #14
    If every cosmic power has a pantheon are the elemental lords just the pantheon of that power?

    OR are the elemental planes we've been to specifically tied to our planet and there's a greater infinite realm of those elemental forces that applies to the entire multiuniverse (the shadow lands contains multiverse souls)?

  15. #15
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Nextdrassil
    Posts
    17,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    If every cosmic power has a pantheon are the elemental lords just the pantheon of that power?
    They are not a pantheon whatsoever.

    A Pantheon in the sense this thread is talking about, is the ruling group of entities governing a cosmic plane and its magic.
    The Shadowlands has the Eternal Ones.
    Life has Elune and whoever else they wanna add.
    Order has the OG Pantheon we know and love.
    Void has the Void Lords.
    Light has god (heh) knows what.
    And nobody knows who knows what the Fel Pantheon is, or if there even is one given its the plane of Disorder.

    Elemental Lords are just powerful elemental Spirits that end up in a representative or ruling position, each Planet has one.
    Draenor has its Furies, we have our colorful psychos.
    OR are the elemental planes we've been to specifically tied to our planet and there's a greater infinite realm of those elemental forces that applies to the entire multiuniverse (the shadow lands contains multiverse souls)?
    The Elemental Planes are a creation of the titans, a big pocket dimension to imprison Azeroths particularly volatile elementals.
    They don't exist outside of Azeroths sphere of Influence.
    Last edited by Arafal; 2022-08-15 at 03:44 PM.



  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    If every cosmic power has a pantheon are the elemental lords just the pantheon of that power?

    OR are the elemental planes we've been to specifically tied to our planet and there's a greater infinite realm of those elemental forces that applies to the entire multiuniverse (the shadow lands contains multiverse souls)?
    The elemental lords like Ragnaros are underlings to the old gods. Which is kinda why Deathwing took a nap in deepholme. But we have visited all four of them, albeit a few we were there shortly.

  17. #17
    I wouldn't really use the terms "pantheon" or "gods" for 3D printed robots with room temperature IQs.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I wouldn't really use the terms "pantheon" or "gods" for 3D printed robots with room temperature IQs.
    That's just their bodies. The consciousness inside them are celestial beings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It's basically confirmed that every cosmic force has their own realm and their own Zereth X (Zereth Mortis being the one for death as mortis means death in latin).

    From this point on, it's easy to assume that every force also has their own Pantheon.
    I'll probably win no prizes for guessing that the Void lords will be the Pantheon of shadow / void, then you also probably explore some Pantheon of Disorder (probably a bunch of Archdemons who see Sargeras as some sort of usurper) and so forth.

    And above all that, you have the First ones who created this entire thing alongside the respective Zereth realms.
    its always posible that the demon pantheon is dead,either by titans or sargeras or some other faction,i dont see how else sargeras could amass such a large following of demons if they had their own big strong leaders

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I may be a be outdated here:

    For life we have the Wild Gods and Elune, Earth Mother, An'she, and Lo'sho.

    For light we have the Naaru.

    For Chaos, we have the old gods.

    For void, we have the void lords.
    For Chaos, we have the Demons...

    Tf do you mean???

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •