Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Taliesin is known to verbally assault people in his chat any time they disagree with him on anything. He's a massive piece of shit.
    Nah, he just calls out people with dogshit takes. As he should. There's nothing wrong with calling people out with very stupid opinions.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Nah, he just calls out people with dogshit takes. As he should. There's nothing wrong with calling people out with very stupid opinions.
    ....No that's definitely not what he does. He absolutely attacks anyone who doesn't agree with him on stream. Talk about dogshit takes....

  3. #23
    Stood in the Fire SNES-1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    ....No that's definitely not what he does. He absolutely attacks anyone who doesn't agree with him on stream. Talk about dogshit takes....
    He's so hyper-aggressive it's off-putting. I can't imagine what it's like to be married to him.
    Kupo.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES-1990 View Post
    He's so hyper-aggressive it's off-putting. I can't imagine what it's like to be married to him.
    Probably a lot of domestic abuse tbh

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Nah, he just calls out people with dogshit takes. As he should. There's nothing wrong with calling people out with very stupid opinions.
    Once I saw him trying to convince people that without right wing there would be no homeless people, because we have enough houses for everyone. Another time I heard him saying that Evitel parents can't return to my country (not "don't want to", literally being on some kind of blacklist) because of their beliefs. Both are examples from 3-4 years ago, I try to check his streams few times a year, EVERY (that's not exaggeration) time it takes less than 1 minute to change to political topics for no reason - and of course with aggressive attitude towards people who disagree.

    Yes, truly undiscovered genius mind fighting with dogshit takes.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Once I saw him trying to convince people that without right wing there would be no homeless people, because we have enough houses for everyone. Another time I heard him saying that Evitel parents can't return to my country (not "don't want to", literally being on some kind of blacklist) because of their beliefs. Both are examples from 3-4 years ago, I try to check his streams few times a year, EVERY (that's not exaggeration) time it takes less than 1 minute to change to political topics for no reason - and of course with aggressive attitude towards people who disagree.

    Yes, truly undiscovered genius mind fighting with dogshit takes.
    I'm not defending every stupid opinion the guy has but he has the right to have them and if he wants to be adversarial with his chat then who the fuck are we to tell him what to do? Most of the shit he gets into is because he disagrees with the kind of 0 IQ takes that show up on this forum 24/7 and it's amusing to see somebody actually call these people out for being complete fucking morons.

  7. #27
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    One path
    Posts
    4,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Nah, he just calls out people with dogshit takes. As he should. There's nothing wrong with calling people out with very stupid opinions.
    You're not wrong but this also clashes hard with the fact that he bases his income on streaming and interacting with people via a videogame marketed and targeted at teenagers and adolescents. There's bound to be shit-takes and ignorant opinions in his chat which he could be ignoring instead of riding high on taking down.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I'm not defending every stupid opinion the guy has but he has the right to have them and if he wants to be adversarial with his chat then who the fuck are we to tell him what to do? Most of the shit he gets into is because he disagrees with the kind of 0 IQ takes that show up on this forum 24/7 and it's amusing to see somebody actually call these people out for being complete fucking morons.
    I'd ask if you realized it's possible to disagree with people without going on 40 second rants cursing people out every time they disagree but then I saw who I'm talking to.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Probably a lot of domestic abuse tbh
    Honestly, get fucked with this weird shit. Nothing wrong with not liking someone, but straight up saying he's "probably" an abusive partner because you don't like the opinions he has about a video game is pathetic.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    He absolutely attacks anyone who doesn't agree with him ... Talk about dogshit takes
    Never has there been a more clear example of "pot meet kettle".

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I'd ask if you realized it's possible to disagree with people without going on 40 second rants cursing people out every time they disagree but then I saw who I'm talking to.
    Again, there's nothing wrong with defending your opinions.

    Accusing somebody of domestic violence because you don't like their opinions, on the other hand...

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    then who the fuck are we to tell him what to do?
    I mean...i don't think anyone is telling him to stop, it's just offputting that Blizzard chooses to partner with these types of people and others are expressing that they don't want to watch an event moderated by people that seem to be rather unstable outside of a prerecorded enviroment.

    The sole reason is topic is about T&E is because Blizzard chose them as hosts / moderators / commentators.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Most of the shit he gets into is because he disagrees with the kind of 0 IQ takes that show up on this forum 24/7
    The issue with them is that they seem to be very much in talking down to people and often comes across as the ones taking the moral highground, arguing that everyone should rather keep a cool head and wait how things turn out.

    That attitude however gets very much undermined if your response to a "bad opinion" is repeating "you (fucking) prick" for like 30 seconds (and no, i'm not making this up).
    And that's the crux with this guy, the obvious hyprocrisy that he appeals to everyone remaining calm in a pre recorded enviroment, openly mocking people that lose their shit over something rather mundane and then doing absolutely the same thing when someone disagrees with him.

  12. #32
    Lol Taliesin is a shit bag. Not watching this.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I mean...i don't think anyone is telling him to stop, it's just offputting that Blizzard chooses to partner with these types of people and others are expressing that they don't want to watch an event moderated by people that seem to be rather unstable outside of a prerecorded enviroment.

    The sole reason is topic is about T&E is because Blizzard chose them as hosts / moderators / commentators.

    The issue with them is that they seem to be very much in talking down to people and often comes across as the ones taking the moral highground, arguing that everyone should rather keep a cool head and wait how things turn out.

    That attitude however gets very much undermined if your response to a "bad opinion" is repeating "you (fucking) prick" for like 30 seconds.
    And that's the crux with this guy, the obvious hyprocrisy that he appeals to everyone remaining calm in a pre recorded enviroment, openly mocking people that lose their shit over something rather mundane and then doing absolutely the same thing when someone disagrees with him.
    I'm not going to defend 100% of his actions. If you stream long enough and have enough viewers or rise to certain level of prominence in a community, you're eventually going to get clipped and have people form their entire opinions of you based off of these clips.

    I'm sure you've noticed but I'm also a rather opinionated person and I tend to clash with people so I guess I kind of see him as a bit of a kindred spirit in that regard. But it's his platform and it's his right to react to the chat however he wants. He gets on his soap box every once and awhile but this idea that he's "verbally assaulting" his chat 24/7 seems a bit exaggerated. He's usually just prattling on about some weird experience he had or talking way too long about how impressed he is by something Blizzard did. Being completely honest, I'm not even following his Twitch channel. But his YT videos are usually pretty well-presented and he does a good job communicating complicated ideas to his audience which I also respect.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-08-16 at 12:16 AM.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I'm not going to defend 100% of his actions. If you stream long enough and have enough viewers or rise to certain level of prominence in a community, you're eventually going to get clipped and have people form their entire opinions of you based off of these clips.
    It's really not just a single clip, he has issues with dealing with other people's opinion.
    Take for example when he was stirring up drama with other content creators such as Bellular and Asmongold, whereas the latter do the right thing when someone brings up other creators and just ignores it, he either takes the bait because he can't control himself or because he wants the drama klicks for revenue.

    And frankly, between the three, he's the one who constantly wants to remind everyone that we should keep calm when talking about WoW and not just "mindlessly" bash the devs.
    So yeah, it's a bad set of priorites that when talking about a fucking video game, he tells people to stay cool but he can't control himself to bad mouth other people in front of a live audience.

    The bottom line just is, in my view, he badly wants to appear as the reasonable but positive voice yet when faced with criticism that positive attitude quickly crumbles and becomes very vitriolic.
    Which in my view essentially exposes a very hypocritical attitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I'm sure you've noticed but I'm also a rather opinionated person and I tend to clash with people so I guess I kind of see as a bit of a kindred spirit in that regard. But it's his platform and it's his right to react to the chat however he wants.
    I disagree with this notion because that's not how Blizzard or any large corporation operates.

    Take Asmongold, a rather controversial streamer for a variety of reasons but one with a massive platform, he was, as far as interviews and such basically a Persona non grata to Blizzard until recently.
    All Asmongold did was also talk on his stream, his platforms about WoW, yet there it earned him the ire of Blizzard employees, because he wasn't shitting on people in his chat, he's also shitting on Blizzard.

    Let's not pretend that there is a clear line between the attitude / opinion of a content creator and how Blizzard chooses to favor certain content creators.

    Any entertainer who goes offscript because of hecklers / obnoxious audience is unlikely to be hired for any major event, even if those moments only happen within their own show, because organizers want professional who are capable of ignoring these people or shut them up with a witty comeback, not one to enter fights with them.
    And when those offscript moment drip with hypocrisy, then that choice is bound to turn people away from that event, as this thread shows.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-08-16 at 12:49 AM.

  15. #35
    My arms wouldn't get tired punching that aggressive douchebag Taliesin

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Honestly, get fucked with this weird shit. Nothing wrong with not liking someone, but straight up saying he's "probably" an abusive partner because you don't like the opinions he has about a video game is pathetic.



    Never has there been a more clear example of "pot meet kettle".
    If how he talks to people in his Twitch chat, it's really not farfetched at all to say he likely abuses his partner. The guy is a walking ball of toxic rage when not putting on a face for YouTube. It has nothing to do with me disagreeing with his opinions.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Again, there's nothing wrong with defending your opinions.

    Accusing somebody of domestic violence because you don't like their opinions, on the other hand...
    As I just told Nzx, he's a massive piece of shit outside of his youtube videos. I don't say he's likely a domestic abuser because I don't like his opinions. I say it because he is blatantly a toxic and abusive dirtbag.


    Infracted for trolling.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2022-08-16 at 05:39 PM.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    If how he talks to people in his Twitch chat, it's really not farfetched at all to say he likely abuses his partner. The guy is a walking ball of toxic rage when not putting on a face for YouTube. It has nothing to do with me disagreeing with his opinions.

    - - - Updated - - -

    As I just told Nzx, he's a massive piece of shit outside of his youtube videos. I don't say he's likely a domestic abuser because I don't like his opinions. I say it because he is blatantly a toxic and abusive dirtbag.
    Nah, this is fucked. I'm not even going to debate it with you - if you think this is a rational way of thinking, there's no point engaging with you.

  18. #38
    Taliesin's head is too far up his own butt, my self respect prevents me from watching this.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

  19. #39
    The Unstoppable Force Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    24,400
    Yay the meth celebreties.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Format: Two Activitie losers
    Sounds about right

  20. #40
    I don't get it? Why does blizzard keep hiring that toxic drunk to host stuff. You can't do /fart but they support morons like that. Crazy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •