Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Weilyn View Post
    So the solution to curtail gold services is to create its very own channel so people can post their gold services? Brilliant SMH That's how San Fran is battling the drug abuse problems, by giving them their own space to continue using. Winner winner chicken dinner.
    Yeah taking a shit in toilet is acceptable and higly endorsed rather than shitting in the community swimming pool. Before this change the pool was full of shit and now if someone does shit in the pool they get banned from the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    New Services Advertisement Policy
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    This week the 9.2.7 update introduces the new chat channel: Trade (Services). The Trade (Services) chat channel is used for searching and advertising services like raiding, dungeons, or PvP activities, keeping the original Trade chat channel available for traditional buying and selling of items and profession services.

With the separation of trade services into its own chat channel, a new policy will take place. Any boosting, carrying, or other similar services offered for gold that’s advertised outside of the Trade (Services) chat channel will be considered spam and the proper actions will be taken, so be sure to switch your service advertisements to the new chat channel when it becomes available after this week’s regional maintenance.
    Very nice, a good change leaving space for all.
    I do wonder if spamming [Dirge] and other link-jokes counts as services.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

7+ Year Old Account
    So the solution to curtail gold services is to create its very own channel so people can post their gold services? Brilliant SMH That's how San Fran is battling the drug abuse problems, by giving them their own space to continue using. Winner winner chicken dinner.
    Yes, we have already seen this proven to work in wow, let alone IRL.

Get onto wow classic, eventually you will see people selling gold, eventually you will get a mail asking if you want to buy gold, happens here and there.
    go on live, and tell me, legit, how many years has it been since you have seen a gold seller.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I will ignore your fallacy analogy with drug abuse problems.

But yes, this is a solution. Don't you see that creating an exclusive channel for boosting is in fact a negative change for boosters? Think carefully, this change only benefits players who don't want to see boosting announcements.

The problem that Blizzard had with boosters before is that it was never supported in any way, but it isn't against the rules. Saying that something is allowed but not supported means they pretend it doesn't exist. But that means Blizzard couldn't support anti-boosters who want to not see any boosting announcement in the trade channel. The only way to have a trade channel free of boosting is to split the channel in two, you could see it as creating a new channel for boosting but I also see it as removing the old channel and creating two, one with boosting and one without boosting.

That is why this change is negative for boosters because until yesterday they announce their service on a trade channel where everyone was present. Today they will be forced to only announce on the new channel, a place where people who do not want to see their announcements could leave. They have lost part of their audience.

instead of gold selling adverts you've had several years of /2 consistently being just boosting communities spamming 24/7/365. such a great experience.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Agree, throwaway accounts will still spam /2
    until they get reported, and then cop a week silence. then sure, they can make a new character but same thing will happen. there are times the auto report/punishment system will work in our favour, this is one of them

Blizzard either wants to stop boosting entirely eventually, or to create a dedicated system so that it's easier to do gold boosting. Whichever though, this seems like a decent band-aid solution.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    until they get reported, and then cop a week silence. then sure, they can make a new character but same thing will happen. there are times the auto report/punishment system will work in our favour, this is one of them
    I'm pretty sure when you catch a chat ban, none of your characters on that account can speak. And it requires $15 a month to even use channels like this I believe - and I'm sure Blizzard will institute a minimum level required lol.

Sooo yell or say in tightly densed areas will be the new spam then. Great...

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Blizzard either wants to stop boosting entirely eventually, or to create a dedicated system so that it's easier to do gold boosting. Whichever though, this seems like a decent band-aid solution.

I'm pretty sure when you catch a chat ban, none of your characters on that account can speak. And it requires $15 a month to even use channels like this I believe - and I'm sure Blizzard will institute a minimum level required lol.
    they usually use stolen accounts for that anyway. If you inspect spambots, you'll notice they're almost always level capped characters.

Needless to say, they didn't pay for the game and level to endgame just to spam and get banned for it. And when they're not using stolen accounts, they're using stolen credit cards, or they chargeback using cards located in China (cause Blizzard can't do anything to block the chargeback in that case)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    As they said a couple weeks ago when they announced that a services channel will be comming with 9.2.7, the services channel will be off by default. If you want to find a boost or other service, you have to join that channel. Forcing you to join that channel instead of putting you in it by default will do a lot. Also that new services channel is their only allowed place to advertise. Advertising in any other channel or the group finder is considered spam and can lead to a ban if enough people report it.

I only hope that Blizzard will clean up the normal trade chat. It's filled with guild recruitment and general chat. General chat doesn't bother me that much but guild recruitment should get its own channel similar to services. Especially now, at the end of this expansion, it's filled with guilds looking for new people to fill up their ranks.
    What about general chat? It’s more pervasive than guild recruitment in Trade Chat

Thank you, took you long enough!!!!

can we still recruit in trade chat? because the new channel will only be used by the small minority who actually wants to buy a boost, and not people looking for a guild

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    can we still recruit in trade chat? because the new channel will only be used by the small minority who actually wants to buy a boost, and not people looking for a guild
    Neither of them are for guild recruitment. Why would someone join the channel for (gold) paid boosts to look for a guild?
    The only thing is meant for, is getting the constant "get your raid boost here!" from the trade chat to a seperate channel. But nonetheless, the people spamming guild recruitment shouldn't be affected by it

Someone count the years between this change and when they first started selling gold and directly profiting from these very services.

Dear Mr. Blizzard,
    lol. this is just lol. maybe, instead of just moving that shit into a separate channel, you should prevent and punish all that shitty „services“? ah wait, you wanna sell tokens, by allowing that boost grps shit. forgot, sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Someone count the years between this change and when they first started selling gold and directly profiting from these very services.
    you act like they (Blizz) not earn A LOT of money today. with all the boost grps, paid by gold, quickly obtained by buying a token for real money. maybe you forgot that Blizzard earns 7 bugs for free, from an automated system, by every token every passing the AH.

its about time, this should have been done years ago. Boosting will never go away might as well provide a method for it so you can control it better.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Yes yes yesssssssssssss get fucked boosters, please pleaaase post in trade so i can report you pleaseeee

Remains to be seen how good they are at enforcing it.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    If I was a betting man, I'd say the latter, just because gold boosting is simply too profitable for Blizz due to the WoW token. Plus, gold-based boosting is a critical part of RWF, given the sheer amount of money groups need to compete. If they actually managed to successfully manage a full-out boosting ban, then RWF groups would have to heavily rely on sponsorships to buy out sheer volumes of WoW tokens.

Either way, though, I'm fine with this as a temp fix, though the continued normalization of boosting as a practice does leave a sour taste in my mouth.

ahhh i remember how all the booster trash was shrieking about how their garbage is fine and blizzard is cool with it.

Of course those children were wrong