Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Multiple loggins on same account

Dno if this post been made before but blizzard should really let people loggin on multiple expansions on same account, for sure not for same expansion and heres an personal example: I wait 15 min in que for bgs on retail (only thing I do on retail) and wanna use that wait time on something else. Imagine being able to alt tab to my other expansion I play (tbc classic) and farm herbs or do some dailys. I dont see the harm in this or do you guys?

Yeah there’s no reason why they shouldn’t let you do this. They are two completely separate games. Maybe this is just an issue with how the game is developed where it won’t let two people on the same account at the same time, I’m not sure.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I don't see any harm in it. It's not like multi-boxing or whatever. They're completely separate games.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Since retail and classic don't co-exist it should definitely be doable.

I mean it's not just wow I can't play Diablo and hearthstone at the same time either

Probably has to do with how classic is built to use classic servers but still using the retail client. I agree though, they're entirely separate games so I don't see why not.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I mean it's not just wow I can't play Diablo and hearthstone at the same time either
    wait what? Are you sure about this? Im pretty sure i've had multiple different games from bnet running at the same time, the "wow classic and wow retail" issue is about it being the same subscription, not because it's the same account, the other games don't have that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by m4xc4v413r4 View Post
    wait what? Are you sure about this? Im pretty sure i've had multiple different games from bnet running at the same time, the "wow classic and wow retail" issue is about it being the same subscription, not because it's the same account, the other games don't have that issue.
    Cant be hard to separate em even if its a sub issue. Its 2022 cmon haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dampoisback View Post
    Dno if this post been made before but blizzard should really let people loggin on multiple expansions on same account, for sure not for same expansion and heres an personal example: I wait 15 min in que for bgs on retail (only thing I do on retail) and wanna use that wait time on something else. Imagine being able to alt tab to my other expansion I play (tbc classic) and farm herbs or do some dailys. I dont see the harm in this or do you guys?
    You can just get a second game license, or run Classic which is free when you have a subscription.

Having multiple active logins on the same game license triggers even more red flags than being a multiboxer.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You can just get a second game license, or run Classic which is free when you have a subscription.

Having multiple active logins on the same game license triggers even more red flags than being a multiboxer.

Yeah I could but that would be a 14 euro a month waste or smth like that when they could fix the issue instead and btw I would buy 2nd sub and do it like that if I could but there is noway im throwing away my tbc classic and retail time spent :/ prolly if one of them was a game I just started playing. And reading the replies in here it seems like its a thing people would want. Its 2022 im pretty sure a multi billion dollar company like blizz could fix this somehow ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I could but that would be a 14 euro a month waste or smth like that when they could fix the issue instead and btw I would buy 2nd sub and do it like that if I could but there is noway im throwing away my tbc classic and retail time spent :/ prolly if one of them was a game I just started playing. And reading the replies in here it seems like its a thing people would want. Its 2022 im pretty sure a multi billion dollar company like blizz could fix this somehow ^^
    Last I checked, you could run Classic and Retail at the same time unless they changed this? Haven't played Classic in over a year or so.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last I checked, you could run Classic and Retail at the same time unless they changed this? Haven't played Classic in over a year or so.
    nope sadly. I played classic on my 2nd account and retail on my main account when classic came out. If i wanna play my classic main in BC on my classic account, i have to sub again, so i just lv a new one with my gf on my main account instead, where I am already subbed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I initially felt it had to do with a financial decision they've made. with this restriction, you have to pay for 2 accounts or more instead of one, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Probably has to do with how classic is built to use classic servers but still using the retail client. I agree though, they're entirely separate games so I don't see why not.
    Nah, at some during classic classic they said they can lift the restriction if they wanted but they're still thinking whether they want to allow it or not. Guess they don't want to, because account sharing since only 1 sub would be required.

Now they can probably add some restrictions to have them launched from the same machine but the % of players (as they confirmed) that play both is low enough for them not to care, even less people that want to play both at the same time.
    Last edited by kranur; 2022-08-16 at 04:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    nope sadly. I played classic on my 2nd account and retail on my main account when classic came out. If i wanna play my classic main in BC on my classic account, i have to sub again, so i just lv a new one with my gf on my main account instead, where I am already subbed.
    Huh. Is this new? for I used to do it during the Classic launch...

Nope, you could never do this on the same account. You would have to have two accounts to have both logged in and playing simultaneously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Nope, you could never do this on the same account. You would have to have two accounts to have both logged in and playing simultaneously.
    Eh.. Might be due to having multiple accounts then and I just don't notice it (On avg. running with 2-3 accounts).

Eh.. Might be due to having multiple accounts then and I just don't notice it (On avg. running with 2-3 accounts).
    Yeah it was rage inducing early during vanilla classic, you'd be in queue to get on the server, and you'd bump yourself off for trying to waste time on retail.

I could be wrong about this, but it COULD be something to do with stopping one account from having one person playing wow on pc, someone else in the house, same account, playing hearthstone, and a 3rd person in the house playing DI on mobile. Honestly, just spitballing, im not 100% sure, but that COULD be the reason - stopping one sub from being played by 2 people in the same house on separate machines.

Again, just throwing out ideas, i have never wanted to do this so have never looked into it. To be fair this could be stopped by only allowing the account to be used on one machine at a time, so maybe this is just an "easy" way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant be hard to separate em even if its a sub issue. Its 2022 cmon haha
    oh no, i'm not saying it's hard or anything, was just saying that's the reason, which does not exist for other bnet games, since the comment i replied to was talking about playing multiple bnet games at the same time.