Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The WoW Variety Show - Episode 1

The WoW Variety Show - Episode 1
    The WoW Variety Show Episode 1 is now live! Watch celebrity contestants and registered participants compete in three activities: a leveling race with players facing surprising challenges as they progress through the levels, a scavenger hunt, and a race through Azeroth to close the show.

Last edited by Lumy; 2022-08-25 at 04:26 AM.

I get why they are trying this and it isnt a bad thing but the time to do this was half a decade ago in mop when twitch was new.

People who watch twitch already have their favorite casters and those casters are not the ones blizz is gonna run.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I get why they are trying this and it isnt a bad thing but the time to do this was half a decade ago in mop when twitch was new.

People who watch twitch already have their favorite casters and those casters are not the ones blizz is gonna run.
    You're right. Let's just never try anything new ever, in case there was a better time to do it yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Featuring... Who?

Barely any recognizable names here because all the big WoW personalities loathe Blizzard and want nothing to do with them atm

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't a less interesting or relevant group of "WoW personalities" that I can think of to do a show.

Funny... the responses are exactly the ones who would have been written no matter WHO casted it.^^

7+ Year Old Account
    Y'all are really going to pretend that you don't know T&E, Bajheera, Hazelnutty, and Sloot...? It's not like these hosts are totally unheard of. Did you guys think that Asmongold was going to host?

Quote Originally Posted by Icecat View Post
    Y'all are really going to pretend that you don't know T&E, Bajheera, Hazelnutty, and Sloot...? It's not like these hosts are totally unheard of. Did you guys think that Asmongold was going to host?
    Let's be honest, people will pretend anything if it lets them bitch, moan, and feel superior

OT: 4 and a half hours? Sounds like a solid show then. I was worried it would be a 1 hour, cramped mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Who are the celebrities in the show ? I'm sure they don't mean the youtubers right ? I mean celebrity usually means someone in the movies or TV not some youtubers that play wow for a job so I can only assume they meant actual celebrities.
    Last edited by Gamingsince1981; 2022-08-25 at 06:16 AM.

As expected... 'very popular' event with these 'celebrities'...
    5,5k viewers in peak... Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Barely any recognizable names here because all the big WoW personalities loathe Blizzard and want nothing to do with them atm
    They are recognizable all right; they're just not the ones who constantly bash on Blizzard, and since that's the thing that probably turns you on, you would not know them.

It's funny how other game communities appreciate and support the majority of their content creators but here in WoW it's just depression and misery.

I guess that's what a demographic of miserable old farts gets you lmao.

imo there are not many ppls left, who even will care about such stuff. to me it looks like someone sitting alone at the campfire and throwing one piece of wood into the fire every half our, so the fire not completely stops burning.

too little and way too late.

I thought it was incredibly fun...

I think they could have prepared a little better tho, like T&E having some scripts prepared... Or the developers giving them special game shards in the servers for each event (one shard per team) to prevent lag, mob griefing and the boats breaking. Also making it during the night so more people could watch. The UI in the wheel of challenges and riddles looked really bad and were hard to read/follow as well.

Hopefully they keep doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post

So what you are saying is that twitch has stagnated and dont get new followers and viewers? The potential of ppl using and watching twitch has peaked? Maybe you are right. I have no idea.

They could have done this in MoP and now anyway. Probably the only negative about this, is that they didnt do it sooner.

The people pariticipating here are definitely known around the community. In fact, I read the comments first before starting the video, and it baffles me how people say that these celebrities aren't celebrities.
    Then again, as it was already said here, people prefer negativity and bashing blizzard on twitch, which is why they don't like people who can enjoy the game still. Misery loves company, heh.

I for one turned away from all the negativity and that choice made me enjoy the game much more. Just focus on the good things, people. Your life will be happier.

OT: I like blizzard is trying this. Im usually not that interested in such events but its definitely good that they're trying something. Plus I really like Bajheera, Hazel, Taliesin and Sloot.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    It's funny how other game communities appreciate and support the majority of their content creators but here in WoW it's just depression and misery.

I guess that's what a demographic of miserable old farts gets you lmao.
    The majority of the people I meet in-game are supportive and generally positive. The negativity in online discussion forums mostly comes from the people who quit eons ago and just can't let their old flame go.

Asmongold Classic Tournament had more views.

this cringe fiesta had 5.5 k how in the world Baj and Sloot got baited into going a dumb show by the most obnoxious people ever aka T&E is a mistery
    Last edited by Dioporco; 2022-08-25 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icecat View Post
    T&E are the only ones I actually know anything about, Bajheera I only heard of in passing once because his pvp premade pissed a friend off in a battleground and this was ages ago now.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."