1. #2141
    Quote Originally Posted by gaaara View Post
    How is Paris Hiltons DUI comparable to an attack / destruction / assault at a COURT room. (And what the hell does that have to do with a TV show lol?)

    Again lawyers have no personal opinion when representing a client. Good or bad, their job is to get the client out of the situation (legally).
    And they did their job very well. They don't have to like him. They don't even have to respect him. What they had to do is to represent him to the best of their ability...and that was done.
    Isms bore me. I think they are only brought by people who seek to marginalize the potential of each ism to provide something meaningful. Name it, Capitalism, Socialism, even Communism-- all contain something of merit towards structuring a society. The biggest flaw in human history has been the need to take the worst of a system along with the best. It doesn't have to be all of one and none of another.

  2. #2142
    Quote Originally Posted by frn1 View Post
    Everyone has different tastes, but this is a damn hot take. Are you perhaps paid by Disney or part of/know someone on the writing team?
    He did say If that was up to the same standard that we've seen in the movies...

  3. #2143
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,668
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Considering they made a point to show Bruce destroying her blood at the very beginning because of how dangerous/valuable it is, the obvious conclusion is that they simply took a sample. That's what the thugs who jumped her earlier were trying to do. How do you poison a hulk anyway...
    also if it was poison it's pretty shit poison. cause it didn't work.

  4. #2144
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    "He has a different opinion than me, therefore he must be paid opposition." Get a grip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    who paid you to say that?!
    Did not expect you to go Drax this hard, thought the hyperbole was obvious. Still is one of the most ridiculous claims i've seen in this thread, which is saying a lot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    He did say If that was up to the same standard that we've seen in the movies...
    About the CGI which still means he thinks the story and characters are up to par with the very best of the MCU, which is.. well, see above.
    Last edited by frn1; 2022-09-30 at 10:53 AM.

  5. #2145
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Again...

    Thank you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    And you are the only one who cares how often you were here and for how long. Yet you seem determined to defend your actions. Why would you do that if you don't have a problem with them?
    Interesting. Do you think I also laugh at and make fun of flat earthers because I secretly think they are right?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  6. #2146
    Legendary! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    6,481
    Quote Originally Posted by frn1 View Post
    About the CGI which still means he thinks the story and characters are up to par with the very best of the MCU, which is.. well, see above.
    Because it is? Like people need to stop pretending the writing in the MCU has gone down hill. The writing always has had questionable things, a lot of the things people like is because they were fans of the actor or casting. There is also the possibility people in the past were more willing to suspend their disbelief. A lot of complains about modern movies are more a reflection of the person making the complaint than of the actual movie.

    The writing is pretty consistent since Iron Man, it is just that you are expecting improvements and not getting that, so in your head that's negative growth when in reality it is just stagnant. The MCU is doing what the MCU has done. It is fine to be tired with that, but thinking it isn't par for the course is just wrong.

    What made the MCU the MCU wasn't stellar writing, it was amazing casting and they still do an amazing job with that. The issue as time goes on, that casting job is just not enough to hid the cracks in the material.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  7. #2147
    Herald of the Titans Sluvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The void
    Posts
    2,763
    Quote Originally Posted by frn1 View Post
    Everyone has different tastes, but this is a damn hot take. Are you perhaps paid by Disney or part of/know someone on the writing team?
    He is being paid. I am paying him.
    @s_bushido I got you man.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

  8. #2148
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Banned to the Bone.
    Posts
    2,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Because it is? Like people need to stop pretending the writing in the MCU has gone down hill. The writing always has had questionable things, a lot of the things people like is because they were fans of the actor or casting. There is also the possibility people in the past were more willing to suspend their disbelief. A lot of complains about modern movies are more a reflection of the person making the complaint than of the actual movie.

    The writing is pretty consistent since Iron Man, it is just that you are expecting improvements and not getting that, so in your head that's negative growth when in reality it is just stagnant. The MCU is doing what the MCU has done. It is fine to be tired with that, but thinking it isn't par for the course is just wrong.

    What made the MCU the MCU wasn't stellar writing, it was amazing casting and they still do an amazing job with that. The issue as time goes on, that casting job is just not enough to hid the cracks in the material.
    Ok, do you consider good writing, concerning the hero abilities, that superpowered punches cant do shit dmg to other beings or their prosthetics, but falling flat on your face can break your veneers?

    What was the purpose on that? to not make She-Hulk a baddie, that hurt poor Titania? Or maybe to make us feel that while the punch on Titania was well deserved, it couldn't harm her and the only thing she suffered was the humiliation of her dropping flatfaced losing tooth face?

    So what if She-Hulk had a broken nose after Titania's launching punch, fixed immediately by Hulking Out, and then She-Hulk's punch broke just the veneers or even chipped a Titania tooth?

    It's nonsensical. Just as not showing Josh drawing Jen's blood. Which we assume was done so deftly, she never felt those huge needles while asleep after having sex. Details, but i personally consider them important.

    Also, what's the purpose of Josh sending an emoji "mission accomplished", instead of showing us the new needles, or even the radioactive signed box, which were shown 2 episodes ago? Unless those weren't used by him and there's a 2nd party interested in her blood, just posting an emoji message inside Jen's house is kinda... lame.

    Maybe kids prefer images than words these days. Definitely not 30-something undercover "agents" sent on a mission concerning one of the strongest beings in MCU.
    /spit@Blizzard

  9. #2149
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Ok, do you consider good writing,
    …to be economical? Yes!

    I’m sorry you need to have everything spoonfed to you in detail.

  10. #2150
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Banned to the Bone.
    Posts
    2,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    …to be economical? Yes!

    I’m sorry you need to have everything spoonfed to you in detail.
    Nonsensical as the script. Who said i needed that? You just wanna reply something, right?
    /spit@Blizzard

  11. #2151
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Nonsensical as the script. Who said i needed that? You just wanna reply something, right?
    Your the one who demanded a superfluous amount of detail just because you couldn’t be bothered to pay attention to what’s on the screen. Seriously, maybe watch the fucking show before typing words on the internet.

  12. #2152
    Herald of the Titans Sluvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The void
    Posts
    2,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Nonsensical as the script. Who said i needed that? You just wanna reply something, right?
    I'm sorry, but at best you are nitpicking.

    At worst you are arguing in bad faith.

    We got that josh managed to get the blood. We have been shown how he would do it in a previous episode.

    You are arguing minor points and saying that the writing is bad because is not to your liking.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

  13. #2153
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Banned to the Bone.
    Posts
    2,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Your the one who demanded a superfluous amount of detail just because you couldn’t be bothered to pay attention to what’s on the screen. Seriously, maybe watch the fucking show before typing words on the internet.
    That's your opinion. Who said i didn't pay attention? I said the choices they made were bad, not that i didn't understand them.
    /spit@Blizzard

  14. #2154
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    74,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    That's your opinion. Who said i didn't pay attention? I said the choices they made were bad, not that i didn't understand them.
    Again, "bad" requires qualification. You can't just declare it to be thus.

    Otherwise, it's just that you don't like a thing, and that doesn't matter to anyone but you.

    And "qualification" means "explain such that others can understand and agree with your point". If you can't, then you've failed to make any argument that it is, in fact, "bad".


  15. #2155
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Banned to the Bone.
    Posts
    2,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I'm sorry, but at best you are nitpicking.

    At worst you are arguing in bad faith.

    We got that josh managed to get the blood. We have been shown how he would do it in a previous episode.

    You are arguing minor points and saying that the writing is bad because is not to your liking.
    Lots of minor points make the whole script. The Devil's in the details. It's what can make a show shine or shit.

    And that's also your opinion, so idgaf.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Again, "bad" requires qualification. You can't just declare it to be thus.

    Otherwise, it's just that you don't like a thing, and that doesn't matter to anyone but you.
    Yeah, super veneers that can withstand a hulk punch, but not a flat face drop.

    Definitely no qualification here.

    Let's not discuss the "mystery of Josh ghosting", by showing what happened chronologically earlier, as a last scene. This is cheap, highschool grade writing.
    /spit@Blizzard

  16. #2156
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    74,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Yeah, super veneers that can withstand a hulk punch, but not a flat face drop.

    Definitely no qualification here.
    It's a misrepresentation. And no; you're not qualifying anything, there, you're just stating what you have a problem with, not detailing why. The punch was to the side of her head, the face plant was face first. This is why you don't convince anyone. You compare apples to oranges and complain they're not bananas.


  17. #2157
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    That's your opinion. Who said i didn't pay attention? I said the choices they made were bad, not that i didn't understand them.
    Your questions are bad.

    The writing is reasonably efficient and gets the story told without wasting time on things like “why doesn’t this person get their head pulped?”

    Do you watch The Boys and complain about how totally unrealistic laser eye babies are?

  18. #2158
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Banned to the Bone.
    Posts
    2,991
    Why, they don't put veneers on the on the left and right on the middle two teeth, upper and lower?

    Also, it seems hulk punching someone and sending them some meters away definitely not causes any damage from the impact. None whatsoever. Only falling flat face does.

    Pro writing.

    Also, your opinion on my opinion is noted and as such, it means you're just stating that you have a problem with.

    I don't want to convince anyone. You do, though, with your false misrepresentations.
    /spit@Blizzard

  19. #2159
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    74,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Why, they don't put veneers on the on the left and right on the middle two teeth, upper and lower?
    You've got a lot of thick cheek muscle and cheekbones out there that protect the side of your jaw. It's much easier to damage teeth with a hit straight onto the mouth. That's just physics and body mechanics, and is exactly how things work in the real world.

    Also, it seems hulk punching someone and sending them some meters away definitely not causes any damage from the impact. None whatsoever. Only falling flat face does.

    Pro writing.
    Only if you forget Titania's superpowered too. Which you are. Or you're being intentionally misleading.

    And again; you're still not qualifying things. You are still focusing on what you want to complain about, not why it's "bad".

    I don't want to convince anyone. You do, though, with your false misrepresentations.
    If you didn't, you wouldn't be posting to a discussion forum.


  20. #2160
    Herald of the Titans Sluvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The void
    Posts
    2,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Lots of minor points make the whole script. The Devil's in the details. It's what can make a show shine or shit.

    And that's also your opinion, so idgaf.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yeah, super veneers that can withstand a hulk punch, but not a flat face drop.

    Definitely no qualification here.

    Let's not discuss the "mystery of Josh ghosting", by showing what happened chronologically earlier, as a last scene. This is cheap, highschool grade writing.
    Wow, so edgy. Nice way to deflect the fact that your points have no merit.

    Contrary to popular belief, saying "My opinion" is not the star on super mario, if you don't give a specific reason why a thing is bad, people will call bullshit on it.

    I want to make it clear that its fine if you don't enjoy the show. It is fine if you hate it. But saying: Titania lost a tooth from a face plant or We don't see Josh draining the blood is not really a good reason.

    The Mystery of josh ghosting is not really about what he done, the bigger point is about Jen accepting herself, fully embracing what she has become not to mention playing with the romantic comedy trope of the lovebirds getting together.

    Again, you can just dislike the show, and not even have a logical reason behind your hate. That is fine. Just dont try to make your reasons any thing more than they actually are.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •