1. #2161
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Why, they don't put veneers on the on the left and right on the middle two teeth, upper and lower?

    Also, it seems hulk punching someone and sending them some meters away definitely not causes any damage from the impact. None whatsoever. Only falling flat face does.

    Pro writing.

    Also, your opinion on my opinion is noted and as such, it means you're just stating that you have a problem with.

    I don't want to convince anyone. You do, though, with your false misrepresentations.
    How the actual hell are you reading this far into a visual gag?

    It was obviously a "point and laugh that she fell" moment.

  2. #2162
    I honestly thought she took the fall on purpose and was going to try and sue Jen again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

  3. #2163
    Legendary! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    6,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Ok, do you consider good writing, concerning the hero abilities, that superpowered punches cant do shit dmg to other beings or their prosthetics, but falling flat on your face can break your veneers?
    Well, you are missing the point of a joke in a comedy series. That's literally meant as a joke.

    Edit: Adding onto this. Also, I am not arguing that She hulk HAS good writing, just that the MCU isn't known for nor has its writing ever actually been good. The MCU has skated on its actions scenes and character performances, not really the writing. There is odd writing choices all the way back to Iron Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    What was the purpose on that? to not make She-Hulk a baddie, that hurt poor Titania? Or maybe to make us feel that while the punch on Titania was well deserved, it couldn't harm her and the only thing she suffered was the humiliation of her dropping flatfaced losing tooth face?
    A joke, that was the purpose. Nothing more or less. A joke in a comedy series.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    So what if She-Hulk had a broken nose after Titania's launching punch, fixed immediately by Hulking Out, and then She-Hulk's punch broke just the veneers or even chipped a Titania tooth?
    Again. Joke in a Comedy Series.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    It's nonsensical. Just as not showing Josh drawing Jen's blood. Which we assume was done so deftly, she never felt those huge needles while asleep after having sex. Details, but i personally consider them important.
    Good for you? How could Tony make an robotic suit in a cave with a box of scraps? How did Captain America survive being frozen in Ice? Where and When did the MCU Peter Parker get his Spider powers? How can Odin just take away Thor's powers? These are all other things that existed in the MCU before She hulk was even allowed in it. You don't seem to care about these things.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Also, what's the purpose of Josh sending an emoji "mission accomplished", instead of showing us the new needles, or even the radioactive signed box, which were shown 2 episodes ago? Unless those weren't used by him and there's a 2nd party interested in her blood, just posting an emoji message inside Jen's house is kinda... lame.
    The emoji again are a joke in a comedy series. The entire scene included jokes about what was happening ... as this is a comedy series. You don't need to like jokes but complaining about obvious jokes is just weird.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Why, they don't put veneers on the on the left and right on the middle two teeth, upper and lower?

    Also, it seems hulk punching someone and sending them some meters away definitely not causes any damage from the impact. None whatsoever. Only falling flat face does.

    Pro writing.

    Also, your opinion on my opinion is noted and as such, it means you're just stating that you have a problem with.

    I don't want to convince anyone. You do, though, with your false misrepresentations.
    You are overanalyzing a joke in a comedy series to call the writing bad.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-10-01 at 12:30 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  4. #2164
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Banned to the Bone.
    Posts
    2,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Your questions are bad.

    The writing is reasonably efficient and gets the story told without wasting time on things like “why doesn’t this person get their head pulped?”

    Do you watch The Boys and complain about how totally unrealistic laser eye babies are?
    My problem is that i have stated more than once, again and again, that things between similar happen without consistency, just to serve the plot. Inside the same show. I don't look for consistency between other media or even in the whole MCU (although that would have been best, i guess). I want consequences of actions to be the same in the first and last episode. Not changing because the writer won't be arsed to do so or is prone to change those because laziness and "plot".
    /spit@Blizzard

  5. #2165
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    My problem is that i have stated more than once, again and again, that things between similar happen without consistency, just to serve the plot. Inside the same show. I don't look for consistency between other media or even in the whole MCU (although that would have been best, i guess). I want consequences of actions to be the same in the first and last episode. Not changing because the writer won't be arsed to do so or is prone to change those because laziness and "plot".
    And all we want is for you to justify why this show is held to that standard, when pretty much no other MCU show and probably no comedy show PERIOD is held to that standard.

    We get it. You don't like it. Cool. Why should we care? Give us a REASON that we can use to justify your criticism that isn't just your preference. Or, alternatively, there's always the option of simply going "I don't like it, and that's what I wanted you to know. Goodbye now, I've said what I came here to say".
    Last edited by Biomega; 2022-10-01 at 02:27 AM.

  6. #2166
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    74,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    My problem is that i have stated more than once, again and again, that things between similar happen without consistency, just to serve the plot. Inside the same show. I don't look for consistency between other media or even in the whole MCU (although that would have been best, i guess). I want consequences of actions to be the same in the first and last episode. Not changing because the writer won't be arsed to do so or is prone to change those because laziness and "plot".
    You consistently and blatantly ignore differences in the circumstances, to manufacture an indefensible claim of "inconsistency". It's all in your head, not in the show. You came at this show with an agenda and a grudge. Pretty much every point you've tried to make boils down to pointing at two different scenes and claiming that because both didn't have identical outcomes, despite the obvious differences in context and action in those scenes, the writing is therefore "bad". The bit in italics is why those claims never hold up to scrutiny.


  7. #2167
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Banned to the Bone.
    Posts
    2,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You've got a lot of thick cheek muscle and cheekbones out there that protect the side of your jaw. It's much easier to damage teeth with a hit straight onto the mouth. That's just physics and body mechanics, and is exactly how things work in the real world.



    Only if you forget Titania's superpowered too. Which you are. Or you're being intentionally misleading.

    And again; you're still not qualifying things. You are still focusing on what you want to complain about, not why it's "bad".



    If you didn't, you wouldn't be posting to a discussion forum.
    Oh, sure. Guess ultra inflated puckered influencer lips aren't protection from a flat faced slip drop, but clearly visually distorted (thick? lol, that's reaching) muscle and skin protects it. The part about cheekbone is also reaching, so i expect you to fully calculate impact points, fist trajectory and a lot of vector graphics to prove what you just farted out of your brain in your pathetic attempts to convince me of... anything.

    Titania is superpowered. And her skin and cheeks and teeth. I doubt her porcelain teeth prosthetics, are though. Again, misleading argument.

    You said it yourself. "DISCUSSION", not "CONVINCING" forum. It seems you're here to appear you're convincing just for self assertion, while purposefully being an immovable wall to anything. I am not participating in an exercise of futility, just a bit smarter than that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Wow, so edgy. Nice way to deflect the fact that your points have no merit.

    Contrary to popular belief, saying "My opinion" is not the star on super mario, if you don't give a specific reason why a thing is bad, people will call bullshit on it.

    I want to make it clear that its fine if you don't enjoy the show. It is fine if you hate it. But saying: Titania lost a tooth from a face plant or We don't see Josh draining the blood is not really a good reason.

    The Mystery of josh ghosting is not really about what he done, the bigger point is about Jen accepting herself, fully embracing what she has become not to mention playing with the romantic comedy trope of the lovebirds getting together.

    Again, you can just dislike the show, and not even have a logical reason behind your hate. That is fine. Just dont try to make your reasons any thing more than they actually are.
    We've seen these things done much better. You said it yourself, "tropes". It's how you present those that distinguish good and bad writing. And She-hulk's writer does it bad.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    How the actual hell are you reading this far into a visual gag?

    It was obviously a "point and laugh that she fell" moment.
    You obviously missed last week's "discussion". Take the time to check it, because i am so sorry that i won't repeat it for you.
    /spit@Blizzard

  8. #2168
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    74,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Oh, sure. Guess ultra inflated puckered influencer lips aren't protection from a flat faced slip drop, but clearly visually distorted (thick? lol, that's reaching) muscle and skin protects it.
    Yes, muscle (especially superstrength-powered muscle) provides a lot more defense than fatty tissue.

    It's literally true in actual reality that taking a hit to the cheek is way less likely to damage teeth than a hit straight to the mouth. Because of this. It's pretty simple biomechanics.

    The part about cheekbone is also reaching, so i expect you to fully calculate impact points, fist trajectory and a lot of vector graphics to prove what you just farted out of your brain in your pathetic attempts to convince me of... anything.
    I couldn't care less about your "expectations". I provided an alternative explanation. I don't have to prove that my alternative definitely is what the real explanation is; as long as any alternatives are even plausible, your claims cannot be taken seriously.

    You're arguing A. I'm arguing Not-A. That means you're the one with a burden of proof, not I.

    Titania is superpowered. And her skin and cheeks and teeth. I doubt her porcelain teeth prosthetics, are though. Again, misleading argument.
    Literally the point. And somehow, you don't see that you just admitted your own mistake.

    You said it yourself. "DISCUSSION", not "CONVINCING" forum. It seems you're here to appear you're convincing just for self assertion, while purposefully being an immovable wall to anything. I am not participating in an exercise of futility, just a bit smarter than that.
    Where did you ever get the idea that I expect to convince you? I'm arguing to dispute your claims and show everyone else how little merit they hold. Whether that convinces you never even entered into consideration. You're the one I'm talking about, not the one I'm talking to.


  9. #2169
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Banned to the Bone.
    Posts
    2,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Well, you are missing the point of a joke in a comedy series. That's literally meant as a joke.

    Edit: Adding onto this. Also, I am not arguing that She hulk HAS good writing, just that the MCU isn't known for nor has its writing ever actually been good. The MCU has skated on its actions scenes and character performances, not really the writing. There is odd writing choices all the way back to Iron Man.



    A joke, that was the purpose. Nothing more or less. A joke in a comedy series.



    Again. Joke in a Comedy Series.



    Good for you? How could Tony make an robotic suit in a cave with a box of scraps? How did Captain America survive being frozen in Ice? Where and When did the MCU Peter Parker get his Spider powers? How can Odin just take away Thor's powers? These are all other things that existed in the MCU before She hulk was even allowed in it. You don't seem to care about these things.



    The emoji again are a joke in a comedy series. The entire scene included jokes about what was happening ... as this is a comedy series. You don't need to like jokes but complaining about obvious jokes is just weird.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You are overanalyzing a joke in a comedy series to call the writing bad.
    yada yada yada funny, joke. If that's your argument, then a) opinions about funny and joke are opinions and count for nothing here, as you have clearly established. b) but you used to argue that Stark should have been crushed on that wall, so that then wasn't a joke? yay double standards when it fits. c) if you find funny people dropping on their face, then i guess your empathy sucks. People have died from awkward drops. And no, surviving ANY drop is not funny. Only kids and humanoids with animal thinking laugh. When people drop we should be worried, not laughing, even if the only consequence is just false tooth faces broken.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    And all we want is for you to justify why this show is held to that standard, when pretty much no other MCU show and probably no comedy show PERIOD is held to that standard.

    We get it. You don't like it. Cool. Why should we care? Give us a REASON that we can use to justify your criticism that isn't just your preference. Or, alternatively, there's always the option of simply going "I don't like it, and that's what I wanted you to know. Goodbye now, I've said what I came here to say".
    There's no agenda. I will come every week here and post whatever i found in this show silly, badly written and created. Because in an on going show, every episode might be good, bad mediocre or simply indifferent. There's a great chance that i will not post if (by any divine inspiration or sheer luck) that week's episode might be decent. Did you see me criticising the retreat part? NO. Wonder why? just use your imagination. Or your deductive powers. It's easy, c'mon.
    /spit@Blizzard

  10. #2170
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Tere's no agenda. I will come every week here and post whatever i found in this show silly, badly written and created. Because in an on going show, every episode might be good, bad mediocre or simply indifferent. There's a great chance that i will not post if (by any divine inspiration or sheer luck) that week's episode might be decent. Did you see me criticising the retreat part? NO. Wonder why? just use your imagination. Or your deductive powers. It's easy, c'mon.
    So that's a "yes" then on Option 2?

    You just want people to hear you don't like something? Cool. We've heard it now. See you next week, I guess, Angry Man Yelling at Cloud.

  11. #2171
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Banned to the Bone.
    Posts
    2,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You consistently and blatantly ignore differences in the circumstances, to manufacture an indefensible claim of "inconsistency". It's all in your head, not in the show. You came at this show with an agenda and a grudge. Pretty much every point you've tried to make boils down to pointing at two different scenes and claiming that because both didn't have identical outcomes, despite the obvious differences in context and action in those scenes, the writing is therefore "bad". The bit in italics is why those claims never hold up to scrutiny.
    Just because you misrepresent what i have clearly and with examples in the same show proven, doesn't make you right and me wrong. Sorry, but as i said i won't keep talking to a wall. I'd suggest you do the same, because your whole attitude and stance causes me to become one like you.

    As for the agenda, read my response to Biomega.
    /spit@Blizzard

  12. #2172
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    74,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    yada yada yada funny, joke. If that's your argument, then a) opinions about funny and joke are opinions and count for nothing here, as you have clearly established. b) but you used to argue that Stark should have been crushed on that wall, so that then wasn't a joke? yay double standards when it fits.
    Nobody here made that argument. The Stark scene was brought up to demonstrate that the "inconsistency" you were complaining about does not exist in the show or broader MCU; it only exists in your head, something you invented yourself.

    c) if you find funny people dropping on their face, then i guess your empathy sucks. People have died from awkward drops.
    1> Welcome to the concept of "slapstick". It's a form of humor so completely widespread it's present in pretty much every culture. Humor, in many ways, is fundamentally predicated on forms of pain, and the human response to mitigate it. Even puns are "funny" because of the intellectual "pain" the overlapping phrasing creates. Not understanding this doesn't elevate you, it very much suggests you're not posting in good faith.

    2> The humor wasn't in Titania's slip and fall. So you're again blatantly misrepresenting the scene in question.


  13. #2173
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Banned to the Bone.
    Posts
    2,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Yes, muscle (especially superstrength-powered muscle) provides a lot more defense than fatty tissue.

    It's literally true in actual reality that taking a hit to the cheek is way less likely to damage teeth than a hit straight to the mouth. Because of this. It's pretty simple biomechanics.



    I couldn't care less about your "expectations". I provided an alternative explanation. I don't have to prove that my alternative definitely is what the real explanation is; as long as any alternatives are even plausible, your claims cannot be taken seriously.

    You're arguing A. I'm arguing Not-A. That means you're the one with a burden of proof, not I.



    Literally the point. And somehow, you don't see that you just admitted your own mistake.



    Where did you ever get the idea that I expect to convince you? I'm arguing to dispute your claims and show everyone else how little merit they hold. Whether that convinces you never even entered into consideration. You're the one I'm talking about, not the one I'm talking to.
    just answering your last, because answering the rest would be futile talking to a wall.

    "If you didn't, you wouldn't be posting to a discussion forum. "
    /spit@Blizzard

  14. #2174
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    74,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Just because you misrepresent what i have clearly and with examples in the same show proven, doesn't make you right and me wrong. Sorry, but as i said i won't keep talking to a wall. I'd suggest you do the same, because your whole attitude and stance causes me to become one like you.
    What makes you wrong is that you've repeatedly had to straight-up lie about what actually happens in the show to try and manufacture a claim that the show itself wouldn't justify.

    You keep lying; that's why you keep getting called out. Like you just did, up there, about what made Titania's faceplant funny, and where the humor in that scene was.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    just answering your last, because answering the rest would be futile talking to a wall.

    "If you didn't, you wouldn't be posting to a discussion forum. "
    You realize there's a hell of a lot of posters here other than you, right?


  15. #2175
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Banned to the Bone.
    Posts
    2,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    So that's a "yes" then on Option 2?

    You just want people to hear you don't like something? Cool. We've heard it now. See you next week, I guess, Angry Man Yelling at Cloud.
    It's my honest opinion and the reason this forum exists. Just because 3 or 10 people participate here doesn't mean other people don't read it.

    They will be the judge, not you or Endus.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Nobody here made that argument. The Stark scene was brought up to demonstrate that the "inconsistency" you were complaining about does not exist in the show or broader MCU; it only exists in your head, something you invented yourself.



    1> Welcome to the concept of "slapstick". It's a form of humor so completely widespread it's present in pretty much every culture. Humor, in many ways, is fundamentally predicated on forms of pain, and the human response to mitigate it. Even puns are "funny" because of the intellectual "pain" the overlapping phrasing creates. Not understanding this doesn't elevate you, it very much suggests you're not posting in good faith.

    2> The humor wasn't in Titania's slip and fall. So you're again blatantly misrepresenting the scene in question.
    NO. 10chars

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    What makes you wrong is that you've repeatedly had to straight-up lie about what actually happens in the show to try and manufacture a claim that the show itself wouldn't justify.

    You keep lying; that's why you keep getting called out. Like you just did, up there, about what made Titania's faceplant funny, and where the humor in that scene was.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You realize there's a hell of a lot of posters here other than you, right?
    NO. Again.
    /spit@Blizzard

  16. #2176
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    It's my honest opinion and the reason this forum exists.
    And we should be treating it like any purely opinion-based position should be treated. With acknowledgment of its existence, and no further engagement beyond that.

  17. #2177
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    74,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    And we should be treating it like any purely opinion-based position should be treated. With acknowledgment of its existence, and no further engagement beyond that.
    There should be a word for people who engage in the rhetorical equivalent of barging into a Chinese restaurant to shout about how much they hate Chinese food and complain at length when they're asked to please leave the premises and let people enjoy their meals, shouting about how it's "their opinion" so they should get to ruin everyone's experience.


  18. #2178
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There should be a word for people who engage in the rhetorical equivalent of barging into a Chinese restaurant to shout about how much they hate Chinese food and complain at length when they're asked to please leave the premises and let people enjoy their meals, shouting about how it's "their opinion" so they should get to ruin everyone's experience.
    Especially when they go "I like Italian food, though, but OBVIOUSLY I'm not going to go to an Italian restaurant to talk to people, do I need to even explain why not".

    They're out for anger and controversy, not for discussion. So they shouldn't get any discussion.

  19. #2179
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Banned to the Bone.
    Posts
    2,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    And we should be treating it like any purely opinion-based position should be treated. With acknowledgment of its existence, and no further engagement beyond that.
    Oh truly. No engagement. Buahahahahaha.
    /spit@Blizzard

  20. #2180
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    You obviously missed last week's "discussion". Take the time to check it, because i am so sorry that i won't repeat it for you.
    You mean the same thing it's been since the show started airing? Not really missing much.

    It also doesn't change that you're overanalyzing what is meant to be a visual gag.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •