The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    So that's a "yes" then on Option 2?

You just want people to hear you don't like something? Cool. We've heard it now. See you next week, I guess, Angry Man Yelling at Cloud.
    It's my honest opinion and the reason this forum exists. Just because 3 or 10 people participate here doesn't mean other people don't read it.

They will be the judge, not you or Endus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Nobody here made that argument. The Stark scene was brought up to demonstrate that the "inconsistency" you were complaining about does not exist in the show or broader MCU; it only exists in your head, something you invented yourself.

1> Welcome to the concept of "slapstick". It's a form of humor so completely widespread it's present in pretty much every culture. Humor, in many ways, is fundamentally predicated on forms of pain, and the human response to mitigate it. Even puns are "funny" because of the intellectual "pain" the overlapping phrasing creates. Not understanding this doesn't elevate you, it very much suggests you're not posting in good faith.

2> The humor wasn't in Titania's slip and fall. So you're again blatantly misrepresenting the scene in question.
    NO. 10chars

- - - Updated - - -

What makes you wrong is that you've repeatedly had to straight-up lie about what actually happens in the show to try and manufacture a claim that the show itself wouldn't justify.

You keep lying; that's why you keep getting called out. Like you just did, up there, about what made Titania's faceplant funny, and where the humor in that scene was.

- - - Updated - - -

You realize there's a hell of a lot of posters here other than you, right?
    NO. Again.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    It's my honest opinion and the reason this forum exists.
    And we should be treating it like any purely opinion-based position should be treated. With acknowledgment of its existence, and no further engagement beyond that.

10+ Year Old Account
    And we should be treating it like any purely opinion-based position should be treated. With acknowledgment of its existence, and no further engagement beyond that.
    There should be a word for people who engage in the rhetorical equivalent of barging into a Chinese restaurant to shout about how much they hate Chinese food and complain at length when they're asked to please leave the premises and let people enjoy their meals, shouting about how it's "their opinion" so they should get to ruin everyone's experience.

There should be a word for people who engage in the rhetorical equivalent of barging into a Chinese restaurant to shout about how much they hate Chinese food and complain at length when they're asked to please leave the premises and let people enjoy their meals, shouting about how it's "their opinion" so they should get to ruin everyone's experience.
    Especially when they go "I like Italian food, though, but OBVIOUSLY I'm not going to go to an Italian restaurant to talk to people, do I need to even explain why not".

They're out for anger and controversy, not for discussion. So they shouldn't get any discussion.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh truly. No engagement. Buahahahahaha.
    /spit@Blizzard

You obviously missed last week's "discussion". Take the time to check it, because i am so sorry that i won't repeat it for you.
    You mean the same thing it's been since the show started airing? Not really missing much.

It also doesn't change that you're overanalyzing what is meant to be a visual gag.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    NO. Now you're arguing this forum exists for the likes of you. rofl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You mean the same thing it's been since the show started airing? Not really missing much.

It also doesn't change that you're overanalyzing what is meant to be a visual gag.
    No, i don't mean that.

- - - Updated - - -

Especially when they go "I like Italian food, though, but OBVIOUSLY I'm not going to go to an Italian restaurant to talk to people, do I need to even explain why not".

They're out for anger and controversy, not for discussion. So they shouldn't get any discussion.
    read above.
    /spit@Blizzard

Nobody is saying you can't be here.

People are simply saying you're here for malicious reasons, behave in toxic ways, and are just a general nuisance.

It doesn't mean you can't be here, though. It just means you being here is not a good thing. But you have every right to be here. Even if people wish you weren't.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the context of my metaphor, I'm asking if you want to order some food, and if not, why are you bothering everyone else in the restaurant, because your actions are not those of someone interested in the restaurant experience. It's intentionally disruptive and abusive, and said disruption is the goal of that conduct. Making sure nobody enjoys their meal is the goal, rather than engaging in honest traffic with the business.

Yes, the restaurant exists for people who want a nice meal. Not for people seeking to ruin those experiences. How is this difficult to grasp?

In the context of my metaphor, I'm asking if you want to order some food, and if not, why are you bothering everyone else in the restaurant, because your actions are not those of someone interested in the restaurant experience. It's intentionally disruptive and abusive, and said disruption is the goal of that conduct. Making sure nobody enjoys their meal is the goal, rather than engaging in honest traffic with the business.

Yes, the restaurant exists for people who want a nice meal. Not for people seeking to ruin those experiences. How is this difficult to grasp?
    A forum is not a restaurant. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    A forum is not a restaurant. Checkmate.
    This should help:

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/metaphor/

A metaphor is a figure of speech that describes an object or action in a way that isn’t literally true, but helps explain an idea or make a comparison.

Here are the basics:

• A metaphor states that one thing is another thing
    • It equates those two things not because they actually are the same, but for the sake of comparison or symbolism
    • If you take a metaphor literally, it will probably sound very strange (are there actually any sheep, black or otherwise, in your family?)
    • Metaphors are used in poetry, literature, and anytime someone wants to add some color to their language
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

if the restaurant doesn't work as a metaphor for you, how about something more on the nose - a book club. you know that things where people gather to discuss the same book that they have all read in a set period of time? some are in private homes, others are at the public place, our local library has 2 different ones going every month for example

I don't think I will ever understand anyone who habitually dislikes to outright hates the books being discuss and yet continues spending their time watching or reading every negative review about the chosen book and then coming to book club gatherings solely to trash those books. and the sad part is that cause those gatherings are at the public library short of outright bans, there isn't even a way to stop you all from continuing to show up and being disruptive

cause that's basically what some of you are doing to a degree that constantly drowns out any other conversation and it is honestly just sad. and exhausting.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Yes, it was a bad metaphor. That's my point.

Yes, it was a bad metaphor. That's my point.
    Clearly you're still having trouble with what a metaphor is if you think "A Forum is not a restaurant" makes that point.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    if the restaurant doesn't work as a metaphor for you, how about something more on the nose - a book club. you know that things where people gather to discuss the same book that they have all read in a set period of time? some are in private homes, others are at the public place, our local library has 2 different ones going every month for example

I don't think I will ever understand anyone who habitually dislikes to outright hates the books being discuss and yet continues spending their time watching or reading every negative review about the chosen book and then coming to book club gatherings solely to trash those books. and the sad part is that cause those gatherings are at the public library short of outright bans, there isn't even a way to stop you all from continuing to show up and being disruptive

cause that's basically what some of you are doing to a degree that constantly drowns out any other conversation and it is honestly just sad. and exhausting.
    But that's not what is happening here. People share their opinion of the show, sometimes with arguments and sometimes without. I have yet to see someone thrashing this show for fun. That does happen on the internet for sure, but i have yet to see it here.The show has poor writing, bad pace, and average acting. Not my fault if you have low standards.

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly you're still having trouble with what a metaphor is if you think "A Forum is not a restaurant" makes that point.
    A restaurant is a private place (as this forum is) where you come to buy and consume a product. I have yet to see what we are buying here.

A restaurant is a private place (as this forum is) where you come to buy and consume a product. I have yet to see what we are buying here.
    Yes, you keep on saying "the things being compared are not the same thing"... that's the issue.

Yes, you keep on saying "the things being compared are not the same thing"... that's the issue.
    How is that an issue ? Because I do not agree with your narrow view ? How can they be compared when basically the only common point is that they are private property ?

But that's not what is happening here. People share their opinion of the show, sometimes with arguments and sometimes without. I have yet to see someone thrashing this show for fun. That does happen on the internet for sure, but i have yet to see it here.The show has poor writing, bad pace, and average acting. Not my fault if you have low standards.

- - - Updated - - -

this is EXACTLY what is happening here. your claims aside, you obviously do not like the show. yet you and people like you.. keep coming here. you keep coming to express yur negative opinions about the show you do not like, drowning out any. other. discussion.

WHY? what are you trying to accomplish here? do you have so much free time that you willingly chose to spend it on something, continuously that YOU think is that badly done? what is the goal here other then being disruptive?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    this is EXACTLY what is happening here. your claims aside, you obviously do not like the show. yet you and people like you.. keep coming here. you keep coming to express yur negative opinions about the show you do not like, drowning out any. other. discussion.

WHY? what are you trying to accomplish here? do you have so much free time that you willingly chose to spend it on something, continuously that YOU think is that badly done? what is the goal here other then being disruptive?
    Because I find interesting to see what are the arguments of the defenders of this trainwreck. I must say, I am not impressed as all I can see is that most people here have low standards.

How is that an issue ? Because I do not agree with your narrow view ? How can they be compared when basically the only common point is that they are private property ?
    My "narrow view" is the definition of the term. There was even a warning about not taking a metaphor too literally.