Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Let's assume your criticisms are valid. Most of them are not, they're based on lies and deliberate re-framings of what's actually shown in the show, but let's assume.

It's still weird and toxic behavior to continue to frequent the book club which reads only trashy beach reads, when you hate them and find the writing middling and the plot contrived. If you're looking for great writing, join the book clubs that are reading the classics.

Like, I don't consume media I don't like. It's real simple. I don't care for anime, I don't watch it, and....I don't participate in the anime threads (except as a moderator, when I get reports in them).
    But funnily enough, there are good beach book as you call them. This show is not. Again, difference in standards. You are free to like the show, but I am free to say that you have low standards. When I start something, I tend to finish it to see where it is going. That's called curiosity.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You spent hours arguing that the rules for Jen and Bruce are different and that that indicates bad writing, and then when it was pointed out to you that Bruce specifically stated that Jen's blood had healing power that exceeded his own, to the point where he used it to heal himself, you near-literally folded your arms and huffed and puffed out of the conversation, declaring that you were right all along. It was embarrassing then, and stepping away from the thread for a day or two and coming back like it never happened doesn't change that.

The bottom line is that someone who is here to honestly discusses the show simply states "Oh shit, I forgot Bruce said that, you were right and I was mistaken." But we all know that you aren't here to discuss the show honestly, so spare us the long, boring explanations of how bullied you are. You come in here, say objectively false shit, and then when called on it throw a little fit and storm out.
    I never discussed that point cause it was and still is irrelevant to the discussion we had. So, i ignored it. Now you know also why, since you didn't get it the first time.
    /spit@Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    But funnily enough, there are good beach book as you call them. This show is not. Again, difference in standards. You are free to like the show, but I am free to say that you have low standards. When I start something, I tend to finish it to see where it is going. That's called curiosity.
    And yet, we still don't have any reasonable argument that there's anything wrong or bad with the show. By anyone. Just a lot of empty whinging and, in most cases, outright dishonesty about what actually happens in the show.

"I don't like a thing" is not the same as "the thing is bad/substandard". Especially when you can't objectively demonstrate any real problems it has. The CGI can be a bit dodgy at times, likely due to budget. That's the only real criticism that's been leveled against the show. The rest is either made-up nonsense that is objectively untrue, failures to actually pay attention to the show, or agenda-driven bullshit. Sometimes all three at once.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    This is incredibly pathetic.

Half of Tony Starks "building the suit" scenes in the very first MCU movie involve the audience laughing at him as he accidentally injures himself testing his equipment. And that's even without the context of this character in this show...who has been portrayed as a self-absorbed shitbag who the audience will be actively rooting against. So it's pretty rich that you're here whining about it being "mean-spirited" that she gets her comeuppance, when that character's entire purpose in the show so far is to be a mean-spirited foil for the protagonist.
    Keep on laughing. It was established earlier in this thread that funny is subjective.

Comeuppance would have been if She-hulk smashed her veneers. That was just unfortunate. Except if you go into karma shit and stuff which is still pathetic as writing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Let's assume your criticisms are valid. Most of them are not, they're based on lies and deliberate re-framings of what's actually shown in the show, but let's assume.

It's still weird and toxic behavior to continue to frequent the book club which reads only trashy beach reads, when you hate them and find the writing middling and the plot contrived. If you're looking for great writing, join the book clubs that are reading the classics.

Like, I don't consume media I don't like. It's real simple. I don't care for anime, I don't watch it, and....I don't participate in the anime threads (except as a moderator, when I get reports in them).
    So, explain to me, in a moderate way, why my criticisms are not valid.

Wait, you're parroting Endus. Forget it.

Just NO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And yet, we still don't have any reasonable argument that there's anything wrong or bad with the show. By anyone. Just a lot of empty whinging and, in most cases, outright dishonesty about what actually happens in the show.

"I don't like a thing" is not the same as "the thing is bad/substandard". Especially when you can't objectively demonstrate any real problems it has. The CGI can be a bit dodgy at times, likely due to budget. That's the only real criticism that's been leveled against the show. The rest is either made-up nonsense that is objectively untrue, failures to actually pay attention to the show, or agenda-driven bullshit. Sometimes all three at once.
    Keep at dismissing obvious inconsistencies within the same show. Your arguments are misleading and you're debating dishonestly.

NO.
    /spit@Blizzard

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Keep on laughing. It was established earlier in this thread that funny is subjective.

Comeuppance would have been if She-hulk smashed her veneers. That was just unfortunate. Except if you go into karma shit and stuff which is still pathetic as writing.
    This is nonsense. No, that's not what comeuppance would remotely require.

Nothing happens in a show without intent as it is written material. The intent of the veneers smashed is Titania's comeuppance. There is no need to get into Karma shit. The writer's intended karmic comeuppance. This again is "I don't like this" therefore "It is bad." argumentation.

Keep at dismissing obvious inconsistencies within the same show. Your arguments are misleading and you're debating dishonestly.

NO.
    You are arguing that the writing is bad. People are responding with the writing is standard for the MCU. You demand people prove the writing good, which isn't the argument that people are making.

No one's arguments are misleading, you just either are purposefully misrepresenting what people are saying or lack understanding of the arguments presented to you.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-10-01 at 04:02 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account

NO.
    There are no "obvious inconsistencies". Every time you've made that claim, you made it up out of nothing, and it was debunked (not "dismissed") by myself and/or another poster, with concrete proof. You're just projecting in a "NO U" format at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You are arguing that the writing is bad. People are responding with the writing is standard for the MCU. You demand people prove the writing good, which isn't the argument that people are making.
    I know I for sure have not made any argument that the writing for She-Hulk is "good". It's . . . fine. Most of the MCU writing is fine. They're not high art, and don't try to be, so it would be ridiculous to describe them as "failing" due to not hitting that high bar.

The cast is escalating some pretty standard writing, I'd say. But yeah; my debunking claims of "bad writing" is not me arguing the writing is super slick and refined. This isn't a binary, where it's one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    There are very few posters around here and they keep engaging in long arguments with anyone who has a negative opinion. It's arguing for the sake of arguing.
    So go ahead and discuss whatever you want about the show! if that discussion doesn't go anywhere it won't be because someone comes and writes down his negative opinion, it will be because those few posters will feel the urge to answer to that opinion point by point.
    the problem is discussions do happen and start going somewhere interesting only to be derailed by nonsense again and again and again to the point where I end up scrolling through pages of it, just to see if there were any more interesting replies. sometimes there are. sometimes derailment is too strong. and no you do not get to absolve people posting their bad faith opinions often based on outright lies of responsibility for said derailment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    you need to work on that propensity you have for sunk cost fallacies. its a TV show. its ok to not finish watching it. its not life and death situation, its not that important to stick with it, you know. I almost envy the free time you apparently have to spend it so frivolously on pieces of entertainment you don't even like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, sure. Guess ultra inflated puckered influencer lips aren't protection from a flat faced slip drop, but clearly visually distorted (thick? lol, that's reaching) muscle and skin protects it. The part about cheekbone is also reaching, so i expect you to fully calculate impact points, fist trajectory and a lot of vector graphics to prove what you just farted out of your brain in your pathetic attempts to convince me of... anything.

Titania is superpowered. And her skin and cheeks and teeth. I doubt her porcelain teeth prosthetics, are though. Again, misleading argument.

You said it yourself. "DISCUSSION", not "CONVINCING" forum. It seems you're here to appear you're convincing just for self assertion, while purposefully being an immovable wall to anything. I am not participating in an exercise of futility, just a bit smarter than that.

- - - Updated - - -

We've seen these things done much better. You said it yourself, "tropes". It's how you present those that distinguish good and bad writing. And She-hulk's writer does it bad.

- - - Updated - - -

You obviously missed last week's "discussion". Take the time to check it, because i am so sorry that i won't repeat it for you.
    And what makes the trope they used "bad"? It seems you just don't like things and wants to convince everyone your reasons are objectively correct.

My friend, is fine to just dislike something.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    or they just aren't watching the show at all...and they're just regurgitating the opinions of whatever hatebait youtuber they have an unhealthy obsession with.
    It's already been confirmed many are not watching it and instead getting their talking points from a hatetuber. We have had people in this thread describing scenes in ways that did not happen in the show. But in the exact way the hatetubers edited to try to push their agenda.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Awsome last episode, really enjoyed the humour throughout. great stuff

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    This is incredibly pathetic.

Half of Tony Starks "building the suit" scenes in the very first MCU movie involve the audience laughing at him as he accidentally injures himself testing his equipment.
    Not to mention this beaut:

Which gets a call back in Ragnarok

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It's already been confirmed many are not watching it and instead getting their talking points from a hatetuber. We have had people in this thread describing scenes in ways that did not happen in the show. But in the exact way the hatetubers edited to try to push their agenda.
    Yeah I know, I've engaged with several of these people. And one that confirmed he only watches it so he can come here to complain about the "agony" he goes through with every episode.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-10-01 at 06:29 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I never discussed that point cause it was and still is irrelevant to the discussion we had. So, i ignored it. Now you know also why, since you didn't get it the first time.
    See, this is why everyone isn't taking you seriously. You very clearly made the argument that the rules for Bruce and Jen are different and therefore that means the show is bad, and when confronted with the fact that this is written into the show very explicitly, you do these weird dodges as though you are fooling someone.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    See, this is why everyone isn't taking you seriously. You very clearly made the argument that the rules for Bruce and Jen are different and therefore that means the show is bad, and when confronted with the fact that this is written into the show very explicitly, you do these weird dodges as though you are fooling someone.
    Extra healing factor has nothing to do with no damage done. I won't be responding to irrelevant arguments or silly "gotcha" ones.
    /spit@Blizzard

Extra healing factor has nothing to do with no damage done. I won't be responding to irrelevant arguments or silly "gotcha" ones.
    You are super confused why someone with such powerful healing ability that it can *heal the Hulk after he uses the infinity gauntlet* can take a punch? And you wonder why nobody takes you seriously?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

You are super confused why someone with such powerful healing ability that it can *heal the Hulk after he uses the infinity gauntlet* can take a punch? And you wonder why nobody takes you seriously?
    They already stated, explicitly, that they're not here to discuss anything - they're just here to rant about how much they hate the show. Trying to convince them of anything is at this point rather pointless.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    "Extra healing factor has nothing to do with no damage done"

What? A certain level of healing factor can in other media make it appear as if no damage was done.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    "Extra healing factor has nothing to do with no damage done"

What? A certain level of healing factor can in other media make it appear as if no damage was done.
    No. Was never the case with Banner. Even Wolverine was taking dmg and healed it back. But at any rate, the show should have shown at least a scene where that happens. You know, to establish that ability. But lazy and bad writing leads to fanfic assumptions like that.
    /spit@Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Was never the case with Banner. Even Wolverine was taking dmg and healed it back. But at any rate, the show should have shown at least a scene where that happens. You know, to establish that ability. But lazy and bad writing leads to fanfic assumptions like that.
    They literally did. You consistently ignore it, despite the scene being pointed out to you repeatedly, where Banner explains to Jen the difference in their blood.

You are, again, lying about the facts, because you have an agenda.

Hell, if they did show such a scene, you'd call it "bad writing" because it was "inconsistent" with something else you made up in your head, which is the argument you've used repeatedly to blame various scenes doing exactly such things for being "bad" because they violated your baseless presumptions.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    That Jen healed after Titania's punch because of her blood is a conjecture and is IN NO WAY SHOWN IN THE SHOW.

Fanfic added and straight lie to prove i have an "agenda". Pray tell, what that is?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They literally did. You consistently ignore it, despite the scene being pointed out to you repeatedly, where Banner explains to Jen the difference in their blood.

You are, again, lying about the facts, because you have an agenda.

Hell, if they did show such a scene, you'd call it "bad writing" because it was "inconsistent" with something else you made up in your head, which is the argument you've used repeatedly to blame various scenes doing exactly such things for being "bad" because they violated your baseless presumptions.
    Now i'm also being accused of a hypothetical situation in your head. You people can't even form a cohesive in-show argument. Frothing at the mouth?
    /spit@Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    That Jen healed after Titania's punch because of her blood is a conjecture and is IN NO WAY SHOWN IN THE SHOW.
    That there was any injury to heal from is a fiction you invented, and also not shown in the show. You're right, the show did not portray Jen healing from an injury that never existed. The onus is on you to first show us where the show communicated that Jen had a serious injury before you get to complain about her healing from it.

And no, Jen tumbling a bit doesn't demonstrate any such injury. You keep trying to make shit up about what you wish had happened, so you don't have to deal with what actually happens.