Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Lmao ok so the finale is just nuts.

Definitely John Byrne She-Hulk dialed up. Cracked me up, but I do wonder how casual viewers took it.
    so much fourth wall breaking! I was expecting some but not that much. also that final reveal... makes sense I guess. Time works differently on Sakaar I guess? been roughly 7 years since Avengers: Age of Ultron, so possibly

The show was already pretty meta with the "main antagonists" in the first place, but I definitely wasn't expecting it to get that meta.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    so much fourth wall breaking! I was expecting some but not that much. also that final reveal... makes sense I guess. Time works differently on Sakaar I guess? been roughly 7 years since Avengers: Age of Ultron, so possibly
    It been more than 7 years. Remember the Snap leaped the MCU ahead of us.

It's been 10 years. Ultron Happened in 2015, the MCU is currently set in 2025. Infinity War happened in 2019, and Endgame mostly is set in 2024.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    The show was already pretty meta with the "main antagonists" in the first place, but I definitely wasn't expecting it to get that meta.
    It was interesting with the finale now, if you look back on other parts of the show, it paints it in a new light. It was clear this was where they were going with the story.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the take on Feige, that whole sequence had me laughing from the moment the D+ screen showed up and we went into a full 4th wall break.

I've really enjoyed this series, the post credit sets up Abomination's entry into Thunderbolts well. I still can't see Wong though without hearing Wongerrrrrrrs in my head, so I guess this show did its job.

As to the titular herself. I really want to see more Jen, and I really am hyped for the moment she and Deadpool meet in the inevitable fourth wall break-off. But much like him, her use in the bigger movies has to be carefully going forward. Fourth wall breaks are fun, but only because they're used sparingly to great effect, if we get them all the time the joke will get boring fast.

Except having either character there and not intentionally destroying our immersion robs them of one of their best edges.

I look forward to season 2, and hope she also shows up in Daredevil's future works.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

What a nice finale!

Loved how Emile tried to protect Jen and Hulk took it the wrong way. Loved that they showed Matt Murdock being asked about 'making money' which is kind of the thing men always get asked. They showed how women get treated if they're not doing stereotypical 'woman things' and now showed that men get their share of that too, almost in the same way it happened to Jen in the wedding episode. The thing they are all about just being an afterthought for the people asking, who want to hear about their love life (in Jen's case) or their success story (in Matt's case).

Loved the fourth wall... can you still call that a 'break'? Todd not getting the hulk-up leaves a lot more room for others to actually get or there being a completely different story later on. It's kind of like an "I am the Mandarin"-moment, but getting interrupted and reversed right then and there, not years later ^^

I love the whole cast and their characters and I am already looking forward to another season and seeing where all of this leads.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    It was clear this was where they were going with the story.
    I wouldn't go that far. They obviously set up all the things that happened in the fake Marvel Studios™ ending, but I think it's a stretch to imply that what actually happened was what they were setting up. I was expecting some sort of subversion...I just had it pegged as "a courtroom battle instead of a literal battle."

My biggest criticism with WandaVision was that after all the interesting stuff they were doing earlier on, it just ended in the typical superhero punch-up. Definitely can't say that this time around.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-10-13 at 12:59 PM.

My only real beef is that Titania never got a full story. I honestly thought she was secretly behind Intelligencia. It would've been funny to watch all the snowflakes lose their shit when they found out they were being manipulated by a..... female.

7+ Year Old Account
    My biggest criticism with WandaVision was that after all the interesting stuff they were doing earlier on, it just ended in the typical superhero punch-up. Definitely can't say that this time around.
    Yeah, I agree. They kept the interesting stuff of a lot of Wandavision only to drop it completely after Agatha was revealed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    My only real beef is that Titania never got a full story. I honestly thought she was secretly behind Intelligencia. It would've been funny to watch all the snowflakes lose their shit when they found out they were being manipulated by a..... female.
    Would have been interesting, but I don't think it would have worked and would have given the people they were mocking something else to get mad over. Or twist in some weird way.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Even that's a little unfair to Wandavision. The entire point of that finale was that she got Agatha to think it was just a typical superhero punch-up, which Agatha was totally prepped for, so Agatha didn't notice the magical runic megastructure Wanda was empowering with her "missed" shots. The whole point is that the punch-up was a fake cover for what Wanda was really doing. I agree that the finale has some weak points compared to the rest of the show, I think Wanda should've gone just a hair darker than she did, a little more callous, but the finale really isn't just two superpowered people blasting each other. That's only the surface level, and it's an intentional mislead.

Also for me, the start of the last episode with that narration, calling back to how the old Hulk shows started was a nice callback.

I'm still confused about Titania showing up. I also feel bad for Emil. I still maintain that it is cruel to force him to not be himself. I'm glad Jen didn't get in trouble for doing the same thing.

Well, mistimed my Disney+ month, so it expired yesterday. Ah well, guess I'll see the finale next time I sub, whenever that might be.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'm still confused about Titania showing up.
    I think Titania is like Bruce, just thrown in there and then edited out by the rewrite

Quote Originally Posted by paxen View Post
    I think Titania is like Bruce, just thrown in there and then edited out by the rewrite
    She didn't get written out though, she stayed the whole time.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Well, mistimed my Disney+ month, so it expired yesterday. Ah well, guess I'll see the finale next time I sub, whenever that might be.
    You're not missing anything. Just like the rest of the most pathetic ever MCU TV show, it's a narrative mess that tries to subvert expectations, by overusing 4th wall break, seemingly trying to be ironic against superhero shows, trying to convince us it was a legal comedy show and failing at both of those elements, legal and comedy.

Lots of radical feministic pandering and negative portrayal of the male characters, deserving or not, proves that the show scenario was greenlit just to tick the diversity boxes. At its root, its a show who claims its main story was Jen trying to find a balance between her normal and hulk self, yet most of the episodes were full of MCU superhero cameos (the only funny parts of the show). There was never any depth to the side characters that would help facilitate that part of the show, almost all of it was juvenile, simplistic writing.

It was full of supposedly side story arcs (Jen's blood theft, Titania) that ended up nowhere, because either there was no intention to complete them from the start (as the final episode "claims") or because they were unable to write a satisfactory ending on both those arcs (no, the fight ending wouldn't have been that, noone was asking at something so formulaic) and main story (having a happy end, because the hero demanded it? wtf?). Matt Murdock being a totally different character than the one we knew from the Netflix shows, which would be ok, if there was actually any explanation about the changes in his life and personality.

The CGI was becoming more and more obvious towards the last episodes and was badly implemented. Probably because there was no time or budget to perfect it. I sincerely doubt there's gonna be a movie or a second season of this bullcrap, despite the wishful thinking lines in the final episode, which can always be attributed to (self) sarcasm, just in case. It's a shame this show was so colossally bad, because Maslany was fine in all the show parts she had to deliver acting.

Definitely will not rewatch it. No, thanks, hard pass.
    /spit@Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Lots of radical feministic pandering
    I get the impression you don't know what these words mean.
    /s

7+ Year Old Account
    You're not missing anything. Just like the rest of the most pathetic ever MCU TV show, it's a narrative mess that tries to subvert expectations, by overusing 4th wall break, seemingly trying to be ironic against superhero shows, trying to convince us it was a legal comedy show and failing at both of those elements, legal and comedy.
    So, a character known for breaking the 4th wall ... broke the 4th wall. You don't say?

It was full of supposedly side story arcs (Jen's blood theft, Titania) that ended up nowhere, because either there was no intention to complete them from the start (as the final episode "claims") or because they were unable to write a satisfactory ending on both those arcs (no, the fight ending wouldn't have been that, noone was asking at something so formulaic) and main story (having a happy end, because the hero demanded it? wtf?).
    You literally listed two storylines that have an ending. Titania after the wedding fight was an ended story. She got embarrassed again, and when she showed up at the end as part of the joke.

And Jen's Blood had an ending, just because it didn't end with her blood being used doesn't mean it didn't end.
    –The Sith Code

last episode was great and honestly, it's one of the better MCU shows. I hope it gets a second season, and more.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

LMAO this finale is bananas.

Lots of radical feministic pandering and negative portrayal of the male characters
    Let me guess, you'd have had the same criticism even if the lead wasn't a female, right?

>.>