I enjoyed the show. It was fun, good characters, great acting and better CGI than I thought there'd be from the trailers for the most part.

There really wasn't enough action though, and it really just wasn't nearly as funny it needed to be. They definitely needed another comedy writer to do another pass over the scripts.

The "Wongers" episode, Daredevil episode, and Blonsky retreat episodes were definitely the standouts.

Now the finale I'm split on. It did make me laugh, I loved Byrnes run so going completely off the rails was great.

BUUUUT.... They build up these bigger plots over the season towards this big pay off, to make a statement about how it shouldn't need to follow the formula and have all the plots building towards some big payoff... which is FINE, but it leaves you without any real payoff for half of these building plots over the season. So I can understand why even people that found it funny were left unsatisfied from the finale.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I enjoyed the show. It was fun, good characters, great acting and better CGI than I thought there'd be from the trailers for the most part.

There really wasn't enough action though, and it really just wasn't nearly as funny it needed to be. They definitely needed another comedy writer to do another pass over the scripts.

The "Wongers" episode, Daredevil episode, and Blonsky retreat episodes were definitely the standouts.

Now the finale I'm split on. It did make me laugh, I loved Byrnes run so going completely off the rails was great.

BUUUUT.... They build up these bigger plots over the season towards this big pay off, to make a statement about how it shouldn't need to follow the formula and have all the plots building towards some big payoff... which is FINE, but it leaves you without any real payoff for half of these building plots over the season. So I can understand why even people that found it funny were left unsatisfied from the finale.
    It isn't that there's no payoff. Those plotlines were literally retconned out of existence. Jen's blood was never stolen, for instance. There's nothing left to "pay off", any more. And it makes the point that those kinds of plot threads often distract from the more important character arcs in the story, which should be a bigger focus, something the MCU has admittedly struggled with, and it being called out certainly shows they're aware.

Edit: It almost makes me wish they'd taken the time to figure out how to edit a different take on the show, with those retcons in mind, and just swap the version you can access once you've finished the finale. So if you go back to check how the "steal Jen's blood" plot worked, it's just . . . not there any more, anywhere.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-10-15 at 12:32 AM.

The finale was disappointing, after last weeks episode being so good I was hoping they were saving the best for last. That KEVIN scene dragged on for too long for being so unfunny. The self insert of the writers pretending to be bewildered their creation came to life in a Stranger Than Fiction kind of way was weird.

It was like, filler? Maybe would have been funny as one of those marvel one shots. Bizarre decision to make over a quarter of the episode this one joke.

Rest of the episode was okay. Wonder if She Hulk will be appearing in Daredevil's upcoming show now
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2022-10-15 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I've only seen a summary of the finale, but otherwise it still feels like from the start, it has the framework of a sitcom, but doesn't have the time/ability to flesh them out into actual funny. The show entered the "culture war" for lack of a better term pretty early/ quickly, and focused on elements of it, trying to provoke negativity from the haters and cater to the folks that championed it before it ever released. Sort of leaves me feeling unfulfilled overall, but it did seem to have a path to improve if they actually wanted to. Breaking the 4th wall has been done plenty of times in things and is a hallmark of SheHulk in comics I guess. Mel Brooks, Waynes World, Deadpool, all have had amusing asides, but SheHulk in the series was just kind of there, not actually adding anything. (Leaving out finale of course.)

Anyway, I didn't have a problem with CGI for the most part, but the videos I saw of Hulk's son looked HORRIBLE. I mean damn, cartoons look better.

I don't really care if they make a SheHulk season 2, but I think she'd add to a movie well enough.
    how... do people take my posts where I CLEARLY state the thesis of my opinion in a first sentence (not for me because I'm not really into sitcoms) and turn it around as if I'm in any way trying to say "thing bad"? intentional cringe is often a hallmark of sitcoms. some lean into it more then others. I can't even watch its always sunny for more then a few minutes before second hand embarrassment kicks in, but before anything says anything, it doesn't make it any less of a brilliant show, its just... "gasp.. not for me! my personal preferences =/= any sort of objective judgement of the quality, so please do not latch on to it, as if its what I'm doing here.

the show didn't enter" culture ware" the show new that "culture war" was inevitable by the virtue of this show existing and writers have chosen to run with it instead of trying to please people they wouldn't be able to please anyways. they had an audience in mind and they pretty obviously found that audience while leaning into free press from all the "reeeeeeeee" commentary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great show, but terrible finale. They went too far with the 4th wall breaking stuff, and honestly, it killed
    any and all the tension the show had up to that point. The fact the final villain was internet trolls was
    especially terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    how... do people take my posts where I CLEARLY state the thesis of my opinion in a first sentence (not for me because I'm not really into sitcoms) and turn it around as if I'm in any way trying to say "thing bad"? intentional cringe is often a hallmark of sitcoms. some lean into it more then others. I can't even watch its always sunny for more then a few minutes before second hand embarrassment kicks in, but before anything says anything, it doesn't make it any less of a brilliant show, its just... "gasp.. not for me! my personal preferences =/= any sort of objective judgement of the quality, so please do not latch on to it, as if its what I'm doing here.

the show didn't enter" culture ware" the show new that "culture war" was inevitable by the virtue of this show existing and writers have chosen to run with it instead of trying to please people they wouldn't be able to please anyways. they had an audience in mind and they pretty obviously found that audience while leaning into free press from all the "reeeeeeeee" commentary.
    It's because they think everyone else thtinks like them.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

So disney double downed hard on their double dipping into the 4th wall breaking comedy when they already have deadpool?

Not that surprising when that was originally She-Hulk's jam in the comics, except I think the comics handled it better than this show which had dated references like twerking and didnt really offer anything new, but I dont think you can direct that blame at this show alone as K.E.V.I.N feige is clearly spread too thin among dozens of projects each year.

Im hopeful that secret wars is good, as samuel L jackson hasnt been in a good movie since Django unchained so Im hoping marvel actually use his acting talents for once instead of being a walking exposition machine and if they fuck up blade with lazy writing and dodgy CGI i'll legit be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Sexism and racism. How dare they "replace" Iron Man with a Black Girl!

Meanwhile, at the exact same time, there was another character that was also "replacing" Iron Man... Victor Von Doom. Yup, Dr. Doom was running around in Iron Man armor and actually calling himself Iron Man but that was just fine because he's:

a) white

And

b) male

- - - Updated - - -

The "opposite" agenda here is "the facts"
    Isn’t the bigger question that shows the Racism of the current show makers. Why always black ? Why not Asian , Indian or Native American ? Why always black ? Black people get overrepresentated compared to whites, but even worse 100x compared to other minority’s. Black people are minority’s of first class while all other seem to be of second class.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    dated references like twerking
    lol... The billions of views twerking videos get on TikTok probably beg to differ.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Isn’t the bigger question that shows the Racism of the current show makers. Why always black ? Why not Asian , Indian or Native American ? Why always black ? Black people get overrepresentated compared to whites, but even worse 100x compared to other minority’s. Black people are minority’s of first class while all other seem to be of second class.
    Wow. Just wow. I'm not even going to engage with this attempt.

i would advise you to look about halfway up the page at post #2508 before continuing.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-10-15 at 08:58 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    The finale was disappointing, after last weeks episode being so good I was hoping they were saving the best for last. That KEVIN scene dragged on for too long for being so unfunny. The self insert of the writers pretending to be bewildered their creation came to life in a Stranger Than Fiction kind of way was weird.

It was like, filler? Maybe would have been funny as one of those marvel one shots. Bizarre decision to make over a quarter of the episode this one joke.

Rest of the episode was okay. Wonder if She Hulk will be appearing in Daredevil's upcoming show now
    I find myself agreeing with you there. The second half of the final episode was pretty mediocre for me, though I did quite like the post-credits scene so it did end on a good note for me. Titania felt the most out of place to me in that episode, I didn't see anything that ever explained why she showed up or how she even knew something was going on at Emil's place. Bruce's return was the second most out of place bit, partly because we still don't actually have any solid answer about when/if Disney is ever going to get the rights back for a Hulk movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Titania felt the most out of place to me in that episode, I didn't see anything that ever explained why she showed up or how she even knew something was going on at Emil's place.
    ...that was the point. They were throwing the kitchen sink in for the Epic Finale™.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Wow. Just wow. I'm not even going to engage with this attempt.

i would advise you to look about halfway up the page at post #2508 before continuing.
    You started making it aboit skin colour and not humans. Just cause you formulated it nicely to trick the mods lol

You started making it aboit skin colour and not humans. Just cause you formulated it nicely to trick the mods lol
    As I said, I'm not going to engage with you. Take your bait and start fishing somewhere else.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The whole Riri being black thing was about comics not shows and in the comics we got, middle eastern Kamala, Mexican Robbie, Latina Sam, Asian Cho.

and that’s just the bigger names from the recent era they have added another 10 or so differing kinds of Asian hero’s multiple Native American and Pacific Islanders. The only groups that may be a bit under represented Indians.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-10-15 at 04:27 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    how... do people take my posts where I CLEARLY state the thesis of my opinion in a first sentence (not for me because I'm not really into sitcoms) and turn it around as if I'm in any way trying to say "thing bad"?
    I wasn't turning anything around, or agreeing or disagreeing with your general statement, but continuing the discussion with my own opinions added in. Guess it was fruitless.
    intentional cringe is often a hallmark of sitcoms. some lean into it more then others. I can't even watch its always sunny for more then a few minutes before second hand embarrassment kicks in, but before anything says anything, it doesn't make it any less of a brilliant show, its just... "gasp.. not for me! my personal preferences =/= any sort of objective judgement of the quality, so please do not latch on to it, as if its what I'm doing here.
    It's just a discussion forum, discussing things, I'm not trying to take what you said and latching on to things or whatever, just replying and adding my own opinions on things overall.

The last sentence is basically what I was referring to. The bit of discussion I saw from them about the show early on was them picking their audience for accolades and baiting folks for free press. It has always been a thing where certain formats were more geared towards others, but it has now become a common element to say "this is a chick flick and not intended for you" rather than just trying to capture a broader audience. Afterwards I tuned out the back and forth until Disney+ did a $1.99 for a month offer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    lol... The billions of views twerking videos get on TikTok probably beg to differ.
    Hell, the ad's I've seen for TikTok, that's basically what TikTok IS, I think.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Little too click-baity for my tastes. Seems just like he wants to appeal to people that agree with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The last sentence is basically what I was referring to. The bit of discussion I saw from them about the show early on was them picking their audience for accolades and baiting folks for free press. It has always been a thing where certain formats were more geared towards others, but it has now become a common element to say "this is a chick flick and not intended for you" rather than just trying to capture a broader audience.
    The people they were "baiting" were the incel misogynist bigot brigade. Getting irked about that makes as much sense as hating on Indiana Jones films because of the anti-Nazi rhetoric, and complaining that it should be "more open to a broader (Nazi) audience" and "stop being political".

If those are the arguments you're making, on that kind of basis, you're exactly the kind of person who deserves that kind of baiting and mockery. They fired the first "shots", through their rhetoric, and whining about shows like this firing back is just eminently pathetic.

If you don't like a thing that other people enjoy, then the onus is on you to go find something you do enjoy, not to spend your time trying to ruin other people's enjoyment. Especially when your entire argument boils down to "I don't like a thing so nobody should like it." I don't like professional sports, so I don't watch them; I don't hate-watch them and post on forums about how stupid it is and how every team sucks. I'm not a fan of period dramas, especially 19th-century-set ones, so I don't watch shows like Downton Abbey or Bridgerton, but I don't go around forums for fans telling them their show sucks. It doesn't. It's a great show. I just don't like that kind of thing, so I'll spend my time watching stuff I do enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That's a rather garbage "review". I'd just like to pluck out one bit;

I knew my hunch was right when, in the final episode, Jen looks to the camera in one of her many asides to the audience and says, “This is a mess. None of these storylines make sense.”

They don’t; they never did. That’s where my problems with She-Hulk start.

When your "problem" with the show is literally a meta problem the show is explicitly calling out, itself, then your actual "problem" is either that you're not paying attention, or this rather uncomplicated show flew over your head somehow.

It's like trying to claim that Back to the Future is a terrible movie because of the lack of continuity when Marty returns to his original present time, when that lack of continuity is explicitly meant to demonstrate how his actions caused the timeline to change. That's literally the point of the film. Calling it out isn't witty, it means you don't understand the film. Same here; the fact that weird-ass storylines all get pulled into big epic finales constantly in MCU films is silly. So the show pointed out that it's silly, as metacommentary, and then . . . didn't do that. The show wasn't making mistakes, there.

It's not that frickin' complicated.

You can't call it "misjudgements" when the entire intentional point was that they're silly and She-Hulk's gonna call that out. It's not like they were writing this show and got to Ep 9 and realized it was a mess then. It was crafted to be that mess, on purpose; that's literally the story. That's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The people they were "baiting" were the incel misogynist bigot brigade. Getting irked about that makes as much sense as hating on Indiana Jones films because of the anti-Nazi rhetoric, and complaining that it should be "more open to a broader (Nazi) audience" and "stop being political".

If those are the arguments you're making, on that kind of basis, you're exactly the kind of person who deserves that kind of baiting and mockery. They fired the first "shots", through their rhetoric, and whining about shows like this firing back is just eminently pathetic.

If you don't like a thing that other people enjoy, then the onus is on you to go find something you do enjoy, not to spend your time trying to ruin other people's enjoyment. Especially when your entire argument boils down to "I don't like a thing so nobody should like it." I don't like professional sports, so I don't watch them; I don't hate-watch them and post on forums about how stupid it is and how every team sucks. I'm not a fan of period dramas, especially 19th-century-set ones, so I don't watch shows like Downton Abbey or Bridgerton, but I don't go around forums for fans telling them their show sucks. It doesn't. It's a great show. I just don't like that kind of thing, so I'll spend my time watching stuff I do enjoy.
    I mean, this is a perfect example really. My point was that their direction from prerelease resulted in a bunch of hate and a bunch of love, neither of which had anything to do with the actual product for the most part. So it's hard to sift through the attackers/ defenders for actual discussion.

I didn't hate SheHulk. I didn't hate-watch SheHulk. I found it to be a 5ish out of 10, could have been better with a variety of changes/ additions (but certainly better than whatever Boba Fett was trying to do). You dismiss everything as "I don't like a thing so nobody should like it" because you are incapable of having an honest discussion on any of your little crusades. You don't even understand the other side and are happy that you don't, and it's easy to just throw anyone that disagrees with you into that category.

I will watch the finale next time I get Disney+, which will probably be based on Mando's next season (have no real interest in the Rogue1 guy). Hell, I just watched Hawkeye, Falcon&WS, and Ms Marvel with this latest sub.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."