Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    She wasn't talking about wanting to have sex with Captain America. She was talking about his sex life. Or lack thereof. With her cousin who knew him. So well that he knew when he lost his cherry. I'm a little surprised that he didn't mention that Cap travelled back in time to be with his long lost love. Talk about grand romantic gestures.

I am offended... by your paranoid ramblings and your poor sense of humour. Mebbe you should work on those before exercising your personal demons about virginity on an internet forum.
    Mate, you didn't even properly read what I said, go back and ACTUALLY READ what I wrote.

I am offended by your inability to read something, and your rambled name calling to disguise you don't have a point. Enjoy the ignore list, as you very much are ignorant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    There's been exactly 1 "Cosmos ending threat" in the MCU. There's been a couple of world-ending threats...but most people wouldn't have even been aware of those things until after the fact...if at all.

The vast majority of people in the MCU live lives that are about as regular and average as anyone IRL. Before getting Hulked up...Jen was one of those people. Her experiences up until this point of her life will be likely comparable to any average women IRL. So yeah, that would include catcalling, sexual harassment, etc. Sorry if those things aren't "interesting" enough for you.
    No, it's not interesting enough for me because this is the Marvel Universe, not our IRL one.

And no, MCU civilians lived a very much different life than what we do.
    They experience alien invaders, cosmic singularities (Thor 2), living bomb people kidnapping the president and so on.

Imagine people nowadays, the average person is insignificant, the biggest thing you can do is like have political influence or money.
    But in the MCU the average person must feel even more worthless, they live in a world where they can step outside and instantly die from a myriad of things they don't even understand.
    Realistically the average people should be terrified of their existence especially in a world where the Avengers are gone (which is the current MCU).

I think the more accurate representation of what your average person would be like was in Wandavision.
    Which also, is a much more interesting setting for a show in the MCU and it wasn't preachy. It can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    No, it's not interesting enough for me because this is the Marvel Universe, not our IRL one.

And no, MCU civilians lived a very much different life than what we do.
    They experience alien invaders, cosmic singularities (Thor 2), living bomb people kidnapping the president and so on.
    Again, most people in the MCU have never even seen an alien. Even the Battle of New York was mostly contained to a relatively small area.

Imagine people nowadays, the average person is insignificant, the biggest thing you can do is like have political influence or money.
    But in the MCU the average person must feel even more worthless, they live in a world where they can step outside and instantly die from a myriad of things they don't even understand.
    I would advise you to read some comics. At this point New Yorkers are so inured to superheroes they hardly even look up anymore. People still have their regular ass jobs and deal with regular ass people shit.

Realistically the average people should be terrified of their existence especially in a world where the Avengers are gone (which is the current MCU).
    The Avengers aren't "gone" in the MCU. Some of the original Avengers are gone...but they've been replaced by others.

I think the more accurate representation of what your average person would be like was in Wandavision.
    Which also, is a much more interesting setting for a show in the MCU and it wasn't preachy. It can be done.
    Wandavision took place in a very small town. I'm sure it had a profound effect on the few thousand people living there...but the majority of the world wouldn't have even been aware that it happened at all.

Also, it's not like they're subjecting you to watching an entire episode of Jen getting catcalled. It's literally one line in a 30 second scene where Jen is explaining to her cousin that she's been having to keep her anger in check her entire life.

Bruce never learned how to face his anger in his life. He suppressed it. Which isn't healthy even if you don't have a "Mr. Hyde" sharing headspace with you. Jen doesn't have a "Mr. Hyde"... she doesn't lose control because when she Hulks out...she's still just herself. She's big and green...but she's still Jen Walters. Her default state is a "Smart Hulk" beause she didn't have to "merge" separate identities into a single being.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-08-21 at 11:17 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Mate, you didn't even properly read what I said, go back and ACTUALLY READ what I wrote.

I am offended by your inability to read something, and your rambled name calling to disguise you don't have a point. Enjoy the ignore list, as you very much are ignorant.
    I read what you wrote. Its just the usual paranoid incel drivel. Hell, it almost seemed like it has a second-hand rant by someone who didn't watch the show.

The ignore list is for the weak.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I didn't make it to the end, lost me after she-hulk splains how she deals with infinitely more rage line. If I want to be a contrarian I would say the whatever happens after the credits is a way for them to have an out about poking at his virginity, and not because they weren't being serious. Either way show isn't for me.
    I thought you were leaving this topic.

It was poking fun at his alleged virginity. Which is what the joke was playing to.
    Again, a few years ago there was an argument that led to a meme of "Captain America [censored]!" ... it was a long thing to get to that joke.

You don't have to like it.

And you are misquoting the line, it isn't infinitely more rage but rather she has had to control her anger infinitely more times than Bruce. It isn't about the quality or cause of the anger. You are factually wrong on the episode. And rather than admit error, you double down constantly. You are wrong.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Again, most people in the MCU have never even seen an alien. Even the Battle of New York was mostly contained to a relatively small area.

I would advise you to read some comics. At this point New Yorkers are so inured to superheroes they hardly even look up anymore. People still have their regular ass jobs and deal with regular ass people shit.

The Avengers aren't "gone" in the MCU. Some of the original Avengers are gone...but they've been replaced by others.

Wandavision took place in a very small town. I'm sure it had a profound effect on the few thousand people living there...but the majority of the world wouldn't have even been aware that it happened at all.
    1) 911 had a very real effect on our real world that is still felt today.
    It was talked about internationally everywhere and people were scared.
    Or look at whatever is happening in Ukraine right now, people are scared and it is constantly shown everywhere.

Now imagine the world there after New York, Sokovia, Washington, Infinity War, Endgame etc.
    Most of the MCU events also occured relatively close to each other.

2) The MCU is not the comics. It doesn't matter if comics civilians are used to it.

3) The Avengers are literally gone. I don't know how anyone could be replaced if there is literally no group present anymore. I get it, the Kang movie is called Avengers so we'll have a team up later but currently in the world there are no Avengers group. There is Dr Strange and that's it.

4) Which was not the point at all. The majority of the world has enough tragedies to point at to feel unsafe already.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Gods, you know when people run out of arguments when they basically run back to the point they have all along by using the stupid line "M-SHE-U".
    You also know when people run out of arguments when they basically can do nothing more than criticize the other person's arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

I read what you wrote. Its just the usual paranoid incel drivel. Hell, it almost seemed like it has a second-hand rant by someone who didn't watch the show.

The ignore list is for the weak.
    Oh, is incel the buzzword of the week? Good to know. It's easy to call people names in order to dismiss any point they may have made.

Thusly, I'm sure your response to me will contain the words moron, imbecile, or drivel-laden offal-sucker.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

1) 911 had a very real effect on our real world that is still felt today.
    It was talked about internationally everywhere and people were scared.
    Or look at whatever is happening in Ukraine right now, people are scared and it is constantly shown everywhere.
    And yet they still go on about their lives.

Now imagine the world there after New York, Sokovia, Washington, Infinity War, Endgame etc.
    Most of the MCU events also occured relatively close to each other.
    And it would be terrifying while it was happening if you were in the area...but most people weren't. The Battle of New York was pretty well contained.

2) The MCU is not the comics. It doesn't matter if comics civilians are used to it.
    In the MCU they've already moved past the Snap... where 50% of the people suddenly Vanished and the "Blip" where they all came back as if they had never been gone.

3) The Avengers are literally gone. I don't know how anyone could be replaced if there is literally no group present anymore. I get it, the Kang movie is called Avengers so we'll have a team up later but currently in the world there are no Avengers group. There is Dr Strange and that's it.
    There's still plenty of Avengers. Hulk, Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, Thor, Spider-Man, Antman, Wasp, War Machine, Captain America (Sam Wilson), Winter Soldier,

4) Which was not the point at all. The majority of the world has enough tragedies to point at to feel unsafe already.
    And yet people still move on with their regular lives. We're still in a pandemic right now...and people are still complaining about getting vaccinated and wearing masks.

People were really scared after 9/11...and then 2 months later they were complaining about having to take off their shoes to get through airport security.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-08-21 at 11:33 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I haven't even watched the show yet (my disney+ subscription ended and I'm waiting a few weeks to get it back up because I'd rather pay for a month and watch the first 6 episodes then watch the last 3 as they come out) but I really do hope that the lead actress does well in the MCU. She's a fantastic actor. I've been a huge fan since orphan black
    Disney's casting directors are the best I have seen in modern media. Their packaging is top-fucking-notch.

Tom Holland is a money press, the actress who played Ms. Marvel as well. Slam dunks.

Well they dragged Hulk threw the mud first episode let’s see how they ruin Dare Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Oh, is incel the buzzword of the week? Good to know. It's easy to call people names in order to dismiss any point they may have made.

Thusly, I'm sure your response to me will contain the words moron, imbecile, or drivel-laden offal-sucker.
    Nah but this particular poster has a history of similar bullshit. I'm merely responding to what he wrote. If he doesn't like any potential responses maybe he should think before he posts. Obviously he felt malice signalling to the rest of the trolls was most important.

A paranoid idiot would think this is about a woman shaming a man's virginity. A normal person would like to know if Agent Carter and Captain America hooked up. I'm a little disappointed it was to some random USO girl.

If you like. You can call me the same. One thing for sure: I won't put you on ignore. My ignore list is empty.

And what choice do they have?

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Well they dragged Hulk threw the mud first episode let’s see how they ruin Dare Devil
    By dragged, she smashed his bar and helped put it back together. That's family for you.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming legal battle. The MCU's legal titans in an epic match for the ages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Show doesnt seem that interesting to me so i simply ignore everything about it and dont watch. Pretty simple over here,

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    And what choice do they have?
    That's the point.

Nah but this particular poster has a history of similar bullshit. I'm merely responding to what he wrote. If he doesn't like any potential responses maybe he should think before he posts. Obviously he felt malice signalling to the rest of the trolls was most important.

A paranoid idiot would think this is about a woman shaming a man's virginity. A normal person would like to know if Agent Carter and Captain America hooked up. I'm a little disappointed it was to some random USO girl.

If you like. You can call me the same. One thing for sure: I won't put you on ignore. My ignore list is empty.
    Mate you are so full of shit it is sad. I never said talking about hooking up is wrong, or that people didn't do, what I said was talking about virginity. If she was asking Bruce if he thought Cap banged some of the cheer leaders it would still be a little awkward (since I don't talk to my opposite sex cousins about who my friends bang) I would understand it more than talking about virginity/if my friends still had it.

The only paranoid person here is you tossing out lines about whatever to justify your attacks against others because they simply disagree with you. I wasn't the one who attacked you, you came after me, and the only reason I was here is because the guy tagged me, I was fine letting this go. Continue to live in your delusions as you insult others for having the AUDACITY to think differently than you, I have better things to do.
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

And it would be terrifying while it was happening if you were in the area...but most people weren't. The Battle of New York was pretty well contained.

In the MCU they've already moved past the Snap... where 50% of the people suddenly Vanished and the "Blip" where they all came back as if they had never been gone.

There's still plenty of Avengers. Hulk, Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, Thor, Spider-Man, Antman, Wasp, War Machine, Captain America (Sam Wilson), Winter Soldier,

And yet people still move on with their regular lives. We're still in a pandemic right now...and people are still complaining about getting vaccinated and wearing masks.

People were really scared after 9/11...and then 2 months later they were complaining about having to take off their shoes to get through airport security.
    What the fck is even your point at this stage?
    It's pretty disgusting that you are downplaying real world tragedies in favor of making some imaginary point here.

Let's not even mention how you are literally saying that 911 was nothing, people got over it, but you got fucking upset over my critique for the stupid as fuck "cat-calling" line from the show?
    Get your priorities straight, please before you try to preach to me.

As for on topic:
    The show (or at least this first episode) was preachy. There is nothing you can argue here.
    They could have used the Blip as a source of her anger, some examples: gone for 5 years, career halted, apartment taken, husband with new girl, get creative. But no, they went with the "I am a woman" route.
    Incredibly lazy and boring from my PoV.

You don't like what I think then so be it.

Mate you are so full of shit it is sad. I never said talking about hooking up is wrong, or that people didn't do, what I said was talking about virginity. If she was asking Bruce if he thought Cap banged some of the cheer leaders it would still be a little awkward (since I don't talk to my opposite sex cousins about who my friends bang) I would understand it more than talking about virginity/if my friends still had it.

The only paranoid person here is you tossing out lines about whatever to justify your attacks against others because they simply disagree with you. I wasn't the one who attacked you, you came after me, and the only reason I was here is because the guy tagged me, I was fine letting this go. Continue to live in your delusions as you insult others for having the AUDACITY to think differently than you, I have better things to do.
    This is you realizing you put your foot in your mouth. You took it as a woman attacking a man. Which is weird as fuck.

Technically I came after you and other similar minded trolls in this thread. Your not the first bullshitter I've criticized this thread. Just the most recent one.

And I already know you have nothing better to do. Even if you're done in this thread, there will always be another and you'll be ready to wave your flag there.

What the fck is even your point at this stage?
    It's pretty disgusting that you are downplaying real world tragedies in favor of making some imaginary point here.
    Let's not even mention how you are literally saying that 911 was nothing, people got over it, but you got fucking upset over my critique for the stupid as fuck "cat-calling" line from the show?
    Get your priorities straight, please before you try to preach to me.
    I didn't say "9/11 was nothing". I said people moved on with their lives after 9/11.

The point was that people were scared...and then they went back to their normal every day frustrations. Like catcalling.

The show (or at least this first episode) was preachy. There is nothing you can argue here.
    There's nothing preachy about it. You're the one trying to dictate the things that a woman can and cannot be angry about. That's pretty preachy.

They could have used the Blip as a source of her anger, some examples: gone for 5 years, career halted, apartment taken, husband with new girl, get creative. But no, they went with the "I am a woman" route.
    The Blip being the "source of her anger" would mean that she was a fully formed adult human being before she started learning how to control her anger. That's Bruce's problem...not hers.

This is you realizing you put your foot in your mouth. You took it as a woman attacking a man. Which is weird as fuck.

Technically I came after you and other similar minded trolls in this thread. Your not the first bullshitter I've criticized this thread. Just the most recent one.

And I already know you have nothing better to do. Even if you're done in this thread, there will always be another and you'll be ready to wave your flag there.
    What? No I didn't..... unless you mean the writer (since everyone working on the show is female) then I guess because its bad writing. Only thing weird is how fucking randomly you take anything anyone writes. Like seriously get some help (be it in English classes so you understand words better, or human behavior so you understand better what people are talking about, or psychological because your mind is a bit fucked up).

I wasn't trolling I stated how I felt, you took that as some sort of personal attack and jumped on the opportunity to insult others because they had different beliefs than your own, nice zealotry.

I mean there will be other threads about shows that I may watch where I write my .02, sure, feel free to stalk me there too, but I am done with you, should have ignored you earlier.