7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Are we seriously discussing "you know, I just want someone MORE famous than 3 Grammys and two platinum albums" as if that was a legitimate complaint? This is nitpicking of the HIGHEST order.

This was someone who's known in contemporaneous popular culture and has a personal connection to the show lead. That's it. If you're not getting it, that's a you problem. Plain and simple.

And if you don't know them... Google and Wikipedia are a thing. Expecting shows to cater to your personal frame of reference is the height of entitlement.
    God forbid you dislike something that some people liked, am i right

People rly like to bitch about other people subjective opinion, cause i made sure to phrase everything as my pov. Like people saying i was wrong by wanting the origin to be more close to the comics

And you still have people "uhu dur this is your problem" yeah fuck, it is my problem, lmao, some shit in the show i didn't like i would prefer different, agree to disagree and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Oh get right out of here with that - YOU are in here whining because they put something in YOU didn't understand. That's the pinnacle of self-centered contrarianism.

You didn't like it? FINE. Nobody cares. But that's not what you said. You said "she's not famous enough because I haven't heard of her", which is something else entirely.

I love how you maintain pointless rants for two pages, and then try and extricate yourself from responsibility by pointing to "agree to disagree". As if we needed more proof you're just trying to stir up baseless controversy with dishonest debate.

10+ Year Old Account

People rly like to bitch about other people subjective opinion, cause i made sure to phrase everything as my pov. Like people saying i was wrong by wanting the origin to be more close to the comics

And you still have people "uhu dur this is your problem" yeah fuck, it is my problem, lmao, some shit in the show i didn't like i would prefer different, agree to disagree and move on.
    Let's go back for a moment to your first post in a while, yesterday. Not to rehash the specifics, but to point something out to you.
    Hopefully they hire people who actually read the comics, to attempt a damn adaptation, but sadly, picking fans to do the work is not a priority in current marvel.
    This is an objective claim about the writers and their approach, and you have no basis for it. This is not just your subjective feeling.

Apart from a few fun moments, like with the frog dude, the costume guy and daredavel the show was rly bad in its writing, i watched second time again recently and it was worse than i remembered. I know they tried to "troll" the trolls, and it was funny at first, but a gag that repeats itself too much lose the humor
    "Bad writing" is, again, and objective claim, and without qualifying exactly what you think is "bad" and why, it's semantically meaningless to boot. It's not saying anything.

I actually re-watched all the marvel shows recently, and apart from wandavision and Loki all of then seem to have the same problem, quick content without much quality.
    Again, objective evaluation on quality of the MCU shows.

These are not subjective personal opinions. These are claims of objective truth and fact, and they don't hold up when examined. Which is why you get called out for making them.

"I don't like avocado, so I wont have any guacamole" is a personal, subjective opinion.
    "This guacamole is bad and whoever made it doesn't know how to make guacamole" is a statement of objective fact. One which is pretty demonstrably wrong if the guacamole is fine, actually, and it's just that you don't actually like guacamole. It's unfriendly and abusive conduct towards those who are enjoying the guacamole actually, thanks.

You do this constantly. Which is why you get pushback, constantly. Your personal preferences aren't magically true for everyone, and you keep insisting otherwise with your phrasing. If it's intentional, you're being baity and abusive. If it isn't, cut it out and take some personal responsibility over it.
    Last edited by Endus; 2023-01-02 at 05:25 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Oh get right out of here with that - YOU are in here whining because they put something in YOU didn't understand. That's the pinnacle of self-centered contrarianism.
    I understand it, i said the gag wasn't good, period.

You didn't like it? FINE. Nobody cares. But that's not what you said. You said "she's not famous enough because I haven't heard of her", which is something else entirely.
    No, i said they should have gone with someone the rest of the world would know more about, you can check out past messages.

People are bitching that yes, she is famous enough, despite the fact many people never heard about her ever before, because surprise, there is the rest of the world beside US. So since im wrong about this, everything else is, by association is wrong as well..

People think she is fine, and the gag worked well? great i think it didn't.

I love how you maintain pointless rants for two pages, and then try and extricate yourself from responsibility by pointing to "agree to disagree". As if we needed more proof you're just trying to stir up baseless controversy with dishonest debate.
    Two pages about people bitching about someone else opinion is the epitome of this forum, and it is always the same 4/5 figures who derail the thread and made shit up, Like some pages ago people claiming "im against all change because i didn't like X change, so you can gtfo about "honest debate'' when you have people doing that to win internet points

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I went in expecting a She-Hulk series, a She-Hulk series is exactly what I got. People suggesting the writers/whoever read the comics (they clearly actually did) maybe don't know the comics as well as they think. She-Hulk herself was incredibly faithful to the character. The series itself literally took from the comics for her character (specifically Dan Slott's run). Did it have problems as a series? Sure. Was it bad/unfaithful to the character/comics? lol no.

Things don't need to be enjoyed by everyone. You didn't like something? Cool, move on to something else you might enjoy. If you're looking for excellence in everything you watch, you're going to be repeatedly disappointed (as this sub-forum of misery shows).
    this is how i felt the whole time, like, what the hell did people expect from a she hulk show? this wasnt a squad or some shit where she hulks just part of the crew it was her show and it delivered exactly what i expected and what i wanted the only thing i really agreed on with the complainers was that skaar looks lame as hell

wong especially was amazing and i love how hes sort of become a kind of agent coulson esque character with how much hes shown up in phase 4.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is an objective claim about the writers and their approach, and you have no basis for it. This is not just your subjective feeling.
    https://thedirect.com/article/marvel...-comics-avoids
    https://boundingintocomics.com/2022/...-trial-scenes/

And, she said, she didn't want the origin story because one, they didn't think it vibe with the episode, ok, that is a fair statement, i can agree with that to n extend. And two, she misunderstood the event, saying "Bruce would not give her this curse" when she was attempting to save her life.

And you say, there is no basis, for it, sure.
    "Bad writing" is, again, and objective claim, and without qualifying exactly what you think is "bad" and why, it's semantically meaningless to boot. It's not saying anything.
    Is it? can you genuinely say the show have good writing? The writers confirmed they wanted to do show abou a trial without knowing how to write a trial, when they could have get people to do that or, learn how to do it.

Again, objective evaluation on quality of the MCU shows.
    Rushed and/or bad writing , BAD/low quality CGI, CGI people overworked/underpaid, plus the fact that more content is being released in a short period of time, seems like strong points to support my argument that the shows even fucking movies decrease quality as you get more of then. Some episodes had fuck nothing happening jut to have something at the end so you can bring people attention to the next episode.

Thisz year we had a lot of marvel movies, all of then were "meh", ok or rly bad.

You do this constantly. Which is why you get pushback, constantly.
    Or, because people like you make shit up, just like when you claim "i said all changes are bad " and this is why things go after so many pages.

Your personal preferences aren't magically true for everyone

pfft ok? wonderful world isn't? None that you quote actually was the things being discussed in late pages, weird isn't? people are discussing, about Megan the horse or Jen/shehulk personality, those are personal things.

i even i rank shehulk higher than other shows like hawkeye, the show isn't perfect and some things didn't work for everyone(surprise 33% score for audience at RT and lower than any other show but hawkeye in metacritic), get over with it. This isn't a black or white scenario, im not "attacking the show therefore im attacking people who like it"

I also asked about a few of her comics that are just like the show read, nothing till now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Tbf, this exact comment applies to the other "side" that likes to complain in every big thread within this sub-forum.l
    The "other side" is actually more than 4 people, otherwise you would not have a job here anymore.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2023-01-02 at 06:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it? can you genuinely say the show have good writing? The writers confirmed they wanted to do show abou a trial without knowing how to write a trial, when they could have get people to do that or, learn how to do it.
    This isn't an argument about bad writing, at all. Especially since real-world accuracy isn't even an expectation, particularly in legal shows.

Rushed and/or bad writing , BAD/low quality CGI, CGI people overworked/underpaid, plus the fact that more content is being released in a short period of time, seems like strong points to support my argument that the shows even fucking movies decrease quality as you get more of then. Some episodes had fuck nothing happening jut to have something at the end so you can bring people attention to the next episode.
    A whole host of objective claims and nothing to back any of it.

I also asked about a few of her comics that are just like the show read, nothing till now.
    See, this is just objectively false.

She's exactly like she was in the Dan Slott run of She-Hulk.
    I enjoy She-Hulk as a character, and my favorite run in the comics was the Dan Slott run they're drawing major inspiration from here.
    Why are you still here? The show's about as perfect a translation as you could hope for of Dan Slott's run from 2004, which is widely considered one of her best runs.
    That isn't even remotely all of the times I've mentioned Slott's run and how closely the show was built around it, conceptually, just in this thread. They may not have been direct responses to you, but that's on you for not reading the thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    This isn't an argument about bad writing, at all.

A whole host of objective claims and nothing to back any of it.
    Nothing except the movies scores and money made going low, bad cgi and bad plots, but nothing at all

See, this is just objectively false.
    Isn't false, because i asked about two/three pages ago.

They may not have been direct responses to you, but that's on you for not reading the thread.
    You can't blame me of not reading every single post- in a 145 page thread- , of yourself, of all people, lol.

But i will search then and give a go. To see if its rly like the show.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2023-01-02 at 06:45 AM.

and it is always the same 4/5 figures who derail the thread and made shit up,
    You ever hear the expression:

“If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.”
    - - - Updated - - -

Isn't false, because i asked about two/three pages ago.
    It is false because I also told you that she was exactly like she is in the comics. As did several others.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    You ever hear the expression:
    Thankful is not all day, neither in all threads

It is false because I also told you that she was exactly like she is in the comics. As did several others.
    Your answer of "what comics of she-hulk look like the show" is... "the comics"...? Come on now, at least Endus told me an artist so i can filter.

Your answer of "what comics of she-hulk look like the show" is... "the comics"...? Come on now, at least Endus told me an artist so i can filter.
    Actually, Endus gave you the name of a writer...Dan Slott. I can give you the name of another writer...who also happens to be a artist...John Byrne.

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account
    Actually, Endus gave you the name of a writer...Dan Slott. I can give you the name of another writer...who also happens to be a artist...John Byrne.
    Missed that scene in the show but ok, i give a try as well.

Missed that scene in the show but ok, i give a try as well.
    Yeah, they didn't show every scene from over 40 years of comics in 9 ~30 minute episodes of a TV series. Shocking!

But the conversation depicted there is in the same spirit of the conversation that she had with K.EV.I.N.

K.E.V.I.N. would also tell you that there's no way they'd be able to afford to have a CGI character do nothing but skip rope for an entire episode. In a comic it's much more cost-effective... I mean, the motion is represented by lines and they didn't even fill in the background.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2023-01-02 at 09:21 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they didn't show every scene from over 40 years of comics in 9 ~30 minute episodes of a TV series. Shocking!
    In Theory they could afford more scenes since there wan't much going on in the show though
    But the conversation depicted there is in the same spirit of the conversation that she had with K.EV.I.N.
    Which i praised

K.E.V.I.N. would also tell you that there's no way they'd be able to afford to have a CGI character do nothing but skip rope for an entire episode. In a comic it's much more cost-effective... I mean, the motion is represented by lines and they didn't even fill in the background.
    You would expect her to show more skin in the show
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2023-01-02 at 10:03 AM.

Which i praised
    Well then, that should settle your questions about whether she is the same in comics as she is in the show.

You would expect her to show more skin in the show
    I wouldn't expect that at all. Why would you? Are you drawing your expectations for a character based on a few pictures from a single She-Hulk issue published 30 years ago?

7+ Year Old Account
    Well then, that should settle your questions about whether she is the same in comics as she is in the show. I wouldn't expect that at all. Why would you? Are you drawing your expectations for a character based on a few pictures from a single She-Hulk issue published 30 years ago?

To be clear, its the same because she break fourth wall, but its also not the same because she isn't showing more skin, all right, some double standards here and there. I still didn't got the comics to read yet anyway, so lets see in time.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    what? did people actually watched the first one?
    Yes, they did. I am wondering if you did, because shy or autistic does not describe Garfield's Peter at all.

It does not, because its few bits hen she is awkward about it
    Yes, it does. You are arguing there isn't a change, but now admitting there is, but that change doesn't count because of a new made up reason.

- - - Updated - - -

To be clear, its the same because she break fourth wall, but its also not the same because she isn't showing more skin, all right, some double standards here and there. I still didn't got the comics to read yet anyway, so lets see in time.
    Your entire arguments is some up "I want to complain about what I feel is true" rather than what is true.

They are simply not going to do certain things in the movies. Even Black Widow's sexualization became more toned down as the series became more wide spread in its audience. They didn't really do a Tony Stark battles alcoholism storyline (it's hinted at, but in general avoided all together). There are topics from the comics that are going to be forbidden to do in any show.

They were never going to overly sexualize She-hulk in this series, they will do enough but she would never be close to the comics in that regard.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Yes, they did. I am wondering if you did, because shy or autistic does not describe Garfield's Peter at all.
    In the first movie is what he look like, changed drastically in the second and no way home. He put the suit he is another person.

Your entire arguments is some up "I want to complain about what I feel is true" rather than what is true.
    And the other side is "everything is the same, except its not". Like the classic "her origin story is totally the same, except everything else but one bit is different, Like i said, gonna check the comics later to see if the show is indeed like the comics too.

They were never going to overly sexualize She-hulk in this series, they will do enough but she would never be close to the comics in that regard.
    I guess some dress scenes is what you would call enough
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2023-01-02 at 11:30 AM.

Ah, we're back to discussing with the zombies.

I call them zombies because you could be forgiven for thinking that it's a single troll that's been driving this thread for 146 pages, just switching accounts, but I think they're actually different persons. They're just brainwashed into having the exact same opinions by watching stuff like the critical drinker.

"the wriiiiiiiting" "it's not like in the comiiiiiics" "they haaaaate the faaaaans"

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    In the first movie is what he look like, changed drastically in the second and no way home. He put the suit he is another person.
    Or you could just admit you didn't watch the movie rather than lying. He is not shy at all in the first movie, except in a few scenes involving Gwen.

And the other side is "everything is the same, except its not". Like the classic "her origin story is totally the same, except everything else but one bit is different, Like i said, gonna check the comics later to see if the show is indeed like the comics too.
    No, the other side is "There is inspiration from the comic and the character is true enough to the comic counterpart."

You are objectively shifting what the goalpost is. You say directly contradictory statements, and pretend you didn't just undermine your own argument.

I guess some dress scenes is what you would call enough
    For a modern audience for a series that has potential to have wide spread appeal? Yes.
    Again, there is a reason that Widow sexualization gets ton down between Iron Man 2 and the later Avengers movies.

Sorry, you aren't going to get the oversexualization of She-hulk in a series at this point. That kind of thing alienates about 50% of your audience, if not more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by paxen View Post
    Ah, we're back to discussing with the zombies.

I call them zombies because you could be forgiven for thinking that it's a single troll that's been driving this thread for 146 pages, just switching accounts, but I think they're actually different persons. They're just brainwashed into having the exact same opinions by watching stuff like the critical drinker.

"the wriiiiiiiting" "it's not like in the comiiiiiics" "they haaaaate the faaaaans"
    Syeg isn't the same as the others in this topic at least.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code