1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    This is you realizing you put your foot in your mouth. You took it as a woman attacking a man. Which is weird as fuck.

    Technically I came after you and other similar minded trolls in this thread. Your not the first bullshitter I've criticized this thread. Just the most recent one.

    And I already know you have nothing better to do. Even if you're done in this thread, there will always be another and you'll be ready to wave your flag there.
    What? No I didn't..... unless you mean the writer (since everyone working on the show is female) then I guess because its bad writing. Only thing weird is how fucking randomly you take anything anyone writes. Like seriously get some help (be it in English classes so you understand words better, or human behavior so you understand better what people are talking about, or psychological because your mind is a bit fucked up).

    I wasn't trolling I stated how I felt, you took that as some sort of personal attack and jumped on the opportunity to insult others because they had different beliefs than your own, nice zealotry.

    I mean there will be other threads about shows that I may watch where I write my .02, sure, feel free to stalk me there too, but I am done with you, should have ignored you earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    And yet they still go on about their lives.



    And it would be terrifying while it was happening if you were in the area...but most people weren't. The Battle of New York was pretty well contained.



    In the MCU they've already moved past the Snap... where 50% of the people suddenly Vanished and the "Blip" where they all came back as if they had never been gone.



    There's still plenty of Avengers. Hulk, Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, Thor, Spider-Man, Antman, Wasp, War Machine, Captain America (Sam Wilson), Winter Soldier,



    And yet people still move on with their regular lives. We're still in a pandemic right now...and people are still complaining about getting vaccinated and wearing masks.

    People were really scared after 9/11...and then 2 months later they were complaining about having to take off their shoes to get through airport security.
    I don't think you were alive during 9/11 or at least not old enough to know what was going on. I remember our teachers just sitting there watching the tv in shock. Leaving early that day and not knowing wtf was going to happen. My mom was also on a meeting trip so that added to the stress. If we had 5 events larger than 9/11 within a couple years plus the damn snap people would not be normal. The pandemic idiots can compare it to the cold as a baseline even if it's idiotic to do so. There is literally nothing that could compare to what has happened post mcu started the closest thing would be the entire world becoming an active warzone it's not the kind of thing you just move on from.

  3. #283
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    73,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    As for on topic:
    The show (or at least this first episode) was preachy. There is nothing you can argue here.
    Sure can. Not "preachy" at all, in any way whatsoever.

    No reasonable argument can be made for that. Unless you think being confronted with a woman's perspective is "preachy". Which is kind of a shit position, for obvious reasons.


  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    I don't think you were alive during 9/11 or at least not old enough to know what was going on. I remember our teachers just sitting there watching the tv in shock. Leaving early that day and not knowing wtf was going to happen. My mom was also on a meeting trip so that added to the stress. If we had 5 events larger than 9/11 within a couple years plus the damn snap people would not be normal. The pandemic idiots can compare it to the cold as a baseline even if it's idiotic to do so. There is literally nothing that could compare to what has happened post mcu started the closest thing would be the entire world becoming an active warzone it's not the kind of thing you just move on from.
    I didn't say "9/11 wasn't a big deal...nobody cared."

    I said people were scared...but eventually they just got on with their lives. People went back to work, went shopping and continued to get annoyed by catcallers and such.
    Isms bore me. I think they are only brought by people who seek to marginalize the potential of each ism to provide something meaningful. Name it, Capitalism, Socialism, even Communism-- all contain something of merit towards structuring a society. The biggest flaw in human history has been the need to take the worst of a system along with the best. It doesn't have to be all of one and none of another.

  5. #285
    Watched a bit of it pretty clear it wasn't my taste. I will say I was rather impressed with how the show worked in effects.

    I can get people not liking it but it was clear from the get go what it was. This isn't like wheel of time were they changed an established story.

  6. #286
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    16,413
    I did like the first episode, more than Hawkeye by example, there is of course, bits i dislike in general, but its was enjoyable, coming from someone didn't had much contact with the character , save some bits with crossovers with hulk or other hero.

    The things i didn't like, is how fucking bad Mark Rufallo is as Hulk and how awful this smart hulk is, its depressing how he "had to use Jen blood to fully heal his arm" gimme a fucking break, you are THE hulk. Honestly him took away half the fun of the scenes with the two of then.


    I did like the actress as She-hulk, but there is something still in the uncanny valley territory with the hulk form there, and i don't know where, i guess its the hair, that goes from brown curly to a long straight black that give me some weird vibes, other than that i think is great.

    I did like how they went back to the time the real hulk(with Norton) had to learn how to control his anger.

    Its also good to point that the reason Jen didn't lost himself, mostly, its because Bruce does have split personality before he became hulk(at least in most interactions)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Well they dragged Hulk threw the mud first episode let’s see how they ruin Dare Devil
    Hulk was in the mud since avengers 1, she made him tolerable


    Funny enough looks like we saw more hulk in this episode alone than in all the avengers movies

  7. #287
    Legendary! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    6,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    I don't think you were alive during 9/11 or at least not old enough to know what was going on. I remember our teachers just sitting there watching the tv in shock. Leaving early that day and not knowing wtf was going to happen. My mom was also on a meeting trip so that added to the stress. If we had 5 events larger than 9/11 within a couple years plus the damn snap people would not be normal. The pandemic idiots can compare it to the cold as a baseline even if it's idiotic to do so. There is literally nothing that could compare to what has happened post mcu started the closest thing would be the entire world becoming an active warzone it's not the kind of thing you just move on from.
    I was alive that day. My school merely cancelled after school activities.
    But, it didn't take long for a sense of normalcy to set in after 9/11. Yeah, there were other events, but most people got back to normal.

    Things bigger than 9/11 happen in our world and has happened post 9/11. Wars, etc. You could argue the Blip should have had a huge impact, but we mostly deal with small shows here. Only Falcon really dealt with the world.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I didn't say "9/11 wasn't a big deal...nobody cared."

    I said people were scared...but eventually they just got on with their lives. People went back to work, went shopping and continued to get annoyed by catcallers and such.
    I live in New England, my first boss' daughter was supposed to be in the towers and he was not reachable having to gone to a place without phone service to fish. Luckily she missed her train and just decided to go home and sleep.

    Afterwhile, people went back to normal. And it wasn't really that long, yes, it affected people, but it wasn't like everyone focused on it.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    That's not at all what the show did. The reason she doesn't have a rage-mode is because she doesn't have a personality disorder like Bruce Banner. And her explaining her anger management is just her explanation to Bruce.

    And yes, looking at the Hulk movies she does control her anger better than he does when they first became Hulk.
    Also, putting hardship between quotes as if what she is saying doesn't matter. Yikes.
    Shrug. I have lost interest in the argument, since halve this thread just uses the show as an excuse to express their hate of genders that are not female and every little bit of critique is treated as an attack on the holy cow of womanhood. Oh well, have fun with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    You're putting out some strong misogynist vibes buddy.
    My point exactly.

    I am not even remotely misogynist. In fact I prefer shows and games with a female protagonist. Exclusively if they are independant and kick ass.

    What I dislike is bad writing that only serves to please Twitter Justice Warriors, because all of the world lives in terror of bad tweets these days.

    I dislike the tendency of Hollywood to move from treating woman like crap to treat men like crap, instead of, you know, maybe treat no one as crap. Revolutionary thought I know.

    But I can see that none of this is wanted in this thread. If you criticise the new female character for whatever reason you are an "misogynist creep". Unsurprisingly I have better things to do then let myself get insulted.

  9. #289
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    73,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Shrug. I have lost interest in the argument, since halve this thread just uses the show as an excuse to express their hate of genders that are not female and every little bit of critique is treated as an attack on the holy cow of womanhood. Oh well, have fun with that.
    Literally nothing anyone has said in this thread was "expressing hate of genders that are not female".

    I am not even remotely misogynist. In fact I prefer shows and games with a female protagonist. Exclusively if they are independant and kick ass.

    What I dislike is bad writing that only serves to please Twitter Justice Warriors, because all of the world lives in terror of bad tweets these days.

    I dislike the tendency of Hollywood to move from treating woman like crap to treat men like crap, instead of, you know, maybe treat no one as crap. Revolutionary thought I know.

    But I can see that none of this is wanted in this thread. If you criticise the new female character for whatever reason you are an "misogynist creep". Unsurprisingly I have better things to do then let myself get insulted.
    The specific criticisms you leveled were misogynist in nature. You completely misrepresented what actually happened in the scene in question, and got upset about a character expressing a woman's viewpoint. THat's the sum of your argument. That the woman couldn't possibly not struggle with something the way a male character had, none of which had anything to do with the gender of either. Bruce was simply wrong about what it would mean, internally, to be a Hulk; that's why he was surprised she had no "inner voice"; she's mentally healthy, unlike Bruce, and thus didn't have to deal with any dissociative problems being exacerbated. That's it. That you folks are desperately trying to make this a big "gender" battleground is the problem. You're the ones who drew the battle lines and picked the fight, rather than just taking the scene as it was presented. So don't act aggrieved and offended when you get pushback.

    If you don't like being labelled a "misogynist" (which I'm not doing; pointing to the nature of your argument is not the same thing), engage in some self-reflection and ask yourself why you decided to kneejerk and misrepresent the circumstances so thoroughly to push an bunch of anti-feminist arguments.


  10. #290
    Legendary! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    6,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Shrug. I have lost interest in the argument, since halve this thread just uses the show as an excuse to express their hate of genders that are not female and every little bit of critique is treated as an attack on the holy cow of womanhood. Oh well, have fun with that.



    My point exactly.

    I am not even remotely misogynist. In fact I prefer shows and games with a female protagonist. Exclusively if they are independant and kick ass.

    What I dislike is bad writing that only serves to please Twitter Justice Warriors, because all of the world lives in terror of bad tweets these days.

    I dislike the tendency of Hollywood to move from treating woman like crap to treat men like crap, instead of, you know, maybe treat no one as crap. Revolutionary thought I know.

    But I can see that none of this is wanted in this thread. If you criticise the new female character for whatever reason you are an "misogynist creep". Unsurprisingly I have better things to do then let myself get insulted.
    Critique is fine. Making up things not said in the show to say the show is doing X is not a critique.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  11. #291
    Some of you people get riled up about the stupidest shit. Needs to be said.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

  12. #292
    Titan vindicatorx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Posts
    11,210
    I definitely eye rolled more than a few times. Might give it a few more episodes but the first episode was not very good.

  13. #293
    Mechagnome Ragu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lone Oak, TX
    Posts
    511
    I think the last time I watched a TV show when it was new was Fringe.

  14. #294
    I'm actually looking forward to next episode, interested to see where this goes. For the first episode, I feel this was a strong start. It was a little rushed but it was to speed us into the 'action' as opposed to making us wait 3-4 episodes.

    I feel the line about women and controlling anger, catcalling, etc was balanced. I say this as a person who hates when stuff like that is over the top and becomes the driving force. It was a nice middle ground between too much or not enough. It's there to get the discussion rolling (which it has) and honestly it's grounded in truth (mostly, if not statistically, unsure what raw statistics would be XD). I don't think there's a single person that could argue that the things she said weren't true, though I'm sure people will. Regardless, thus far, balanced and I like how it was handled.

    I think the Hulk still has a lot of bigger strengths and just hasn't showcased them yet, trying not to outshine his cousin (which we see when he throws the boulder, breaking the sound barrier lol) and definitely she has 'different' strengths.

    Going to be interesting to see how it plays out now that Ruffalo is out (for now) and as we transition into the 'court show' aspects.

    All in all though, I enjoyed it and look forward to see how the rest turns out

    Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    Chill,wow classic is gonna last 2 months top once ppl see how horrid it was,theres gonna be 10k ppl online across all classic realms within 2 months.Meanwhile i'm preparing my "i told you so.." speech XD

  15. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    Going to be interesting to see how it plays out now that Ruffalo is out (for now) and as we transition into the 'court show' aspects.
    From the writer

    “In my original pitch, it was an actual trial and it spanned multiple episodes. When we got into the writers’ room, inevitably things change as you’re developing the show and as you start writing. And one thing that we all realized very slowly was none of us are that adept at writing, you know, rousing trial scenes.”

    The "court show" is likely going to avoid court if at all possible.

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    The "court show" is likely going to avoid court if at all possible.
    It is Marvel after all.

    If you can't solve everything by punching really hard, what are you even doing?

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    From the writer

    “In my original pitch, it was an actual trial and it spanned multiple episodes. When we got into the writers’ room, inevitably things change as you’re developing the show and as you start writing. And one thing that we all realized very slowly was none of us are that adept at writing, you know, rousing trial scenes.”

    The "court show" is likely going to avoid court if at all possible.
    I think it's gonna be a legal procedural in the similarly very loose sense that Captain America 2 was an espionage thriller.

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    From the writer

    “In my original pitch, it was an actual trial and it spanned multiple episodes. When we got into the writers’ room, inevitably things change as you’re developing the show and as you start writing. And one thing that we all realized very slowly was none of us are that adept at writing, you know, rousing trial scenes.”

    The "court show" is likely going to avoid court if at all possible.
    Oh it for sure will, just was referencing that's what she was calling it in the 4th wall breaks XD

    It's going to be akin to Daredevil (probably a bit less court time) I imagine. I feel it's possible it plays out a lot like the first episode. The foreshadowing of Banner explaining that trouble finds you when you're a Hulk and then that's what happened in the end there. Could very much be her trying to do court stuff with random interruptions/distractions as a way to keep court time as low as possible while also creating the struggle of her wanting to focus on being a lawyer but not being able to, maybe resulting eventually in a true 'Hulk out' ending with her coming to term that she has bigger fish to fry and that court will be a side gig if at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    Chill,wow classic is gonna last 2 months top once ppl see how horrid it was,theres gonna be 10k ppl online across all classic realms within 2 months.Meanwhile i'm preparing my "i told you so.." speech XD

  19. #299
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I did like the first episode, more than Hawkeye by example, there is of course, bits i dislike in general, but its was enjoyable, coming from someone didn't had much contact with the character , save some bits with crossovers with hulk or other hero.

    The things i didn't like, is how fucking bad Mark Rufallo is as Hulk and how awful this smart hulk is, its depressing how he "had to use Jen blood to fully heal his arm" gimme a fucking break, you are THE hulk. Honestly him took away half the fun of the scenes with the two of then.
    I thought that was a clever little nod to the comics; comics Bruce uses his blood to save Jen's life, MCU Jen's blood heals Bruce's arm. could be that because they were related and her blood wasn't corrupted at that point that it had some healing effect on him? it's also explored later on in the episode that their bloodline could be special or something? this was also touched on very briefly in the first Avengers movie.

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Literally nothing anyone has said in this thread was "expressing hate of genders that are not female".



    The specific criticisms you leveled were misogynist in nature. You completely misrepresented what actually happened in the scene in question, and got upset about a character expressing a woman's viewpoint. THat's the sum of your argument. That the woman couldn't possibly not struggle with something the way a male character had, none of which had anything to do with the gender of either. Bruce was simply wrong about what it would mean, internally, to be a Hulk; that's why he was surprised she had no "inner voice"; she's mentally healthy, unlike Bruce, and thus didn't have to deal with any dissociative problems being exacerbated. That's it. That you folks are desperately trying to make this a big "gender" battleground is the problem. You're the ones who drew the battle lines and picked the fight, rather than just taking the scene as it was presented. So don't act aggrieved and offended when you get pushback.

    If you don't like being labelled a "misogynist" (which I'm not doing; pointing to the nature of your argument is not the same thing), engage in some self-reflection and ask yourself why you decided to kneejerk and misrepresent the circumstances so thoroughly to push an bunch of anti-feminist arguments.
    My dude you literally accuse everyone of every ism and ist under the book the second they disagree with you. Maybe try doing your own self reflection some time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •