1. #1181
    Legendary! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    6,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Oh. But none of that is funny..


    Maybe they should hire a comedian writer person..
    Comedy is highly subjective.
    Just because something isn't funny to you does not mean it isn't funny to others.

    I don't find South Park funny, but that doesn't mean they aren't jokes.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  2. #1182
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Yeah, appears so. Which is sad, because it was interesting.
    they could continue it in Dr Strange 3. maybe he has been working his way through people, then got dusted and returned and simply hasn't had a chance to get to Strange. or, could've abandoned going after Strange after his role in defeating Thanos. plus, getting to Strange might be too difficult for him alone.
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2022-09-08 at 03:43 PM.

  3. #1183
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Oh. But none of that is funny..


    Maybe they should hire a comedian writer person..
    repeat after me, please and then learn why the distinction is important.

    "I haven't found it funny" emphasis on I here.

    sense of humor being subjective and all, YOU not finding it funny is perfectly valid. claiming that its not funny period, just because jokes don't land for YOU - is NOT valid.

  4. #1184
    Pandaren Monk cocomen2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    1,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Comedy is highly subjective.
    Just because something isn't funny to you does not mean it isn't funny to others.

    I don't find South Park funny, but that doesn't mean they aren't jokes.

    So we must wait for Joker to come and kill Jen? since this show boring af.(atleast Deadpool's 4th wall jokes was actually funny)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Just sad. I already deleted my Dractyr. Congratulations if you have fun controlling a gecko more paralyzed than a pole and spitting rainbow balls.

  5. #1185
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Hermione Granger is a CONFIRMED self insert for JK Rowling, but people still love Hermione.
    Luke Skwalker is literally Luke S ... George Lucas. He named the main character after himself, but no one cares.

    I 100% guarantee that one of your favorite characters or series has a self insert character, and you don't give a crap about it. This complaint has always been hollow.
    You are absolutely right. No one minded this. Care to guess why?

    Maybe, just maybe it was because both of those franchises excelled at writing and oozed creativity. The characters were measured on the merrits of the story and the characters themselves, not on how or for which reason the writer created them.

    Why doesn't it work with She-Hulk? Because the writer is doing everything in her power to never let us forget how much of a self-insert the character is and because her story is not even in the same general universe of quality then either Potter or Star Wars.

    And on a general note:

    A new week, another set of asshole males that exist solely to annoy Jennifer. She just can't get a break from those horrible men... speaking to her... in a bar!!! Geezus. I have no clue how she tolerates life.

    As before the only good thing is Wong and it is hillarious how the writer thinks that she can play that off as a joke, when clearly it is absolutely the full truth.

  6. #1186
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    74,402
    I see we're still at "angry pseudo-fans continue to force themselves to watch a show they clearly hate, and somehow it's the show's fault for not catering to their extremely narrow niche".


  7. #1187
    Banned Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    4,876
    If I would watch an episode of the big bang theory, I wouldn't laugh once, but at least I recognize where they try n fail to be funny...

    ...but this show, has no setup, no punchline, they are just...talking..

  8. #1188
    Legendary! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    6,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    You are absolutely right. No one minded this. Care to guess why?

    Maybe, just maybe it was because both of those franchises excelled at writing and oozed creativity. The characters were measured on the merrits of the story and the characters themselves, not on how or for which reason the writer created them.

    Why doesn't it work with She-Hulk? Because the writer is doing everything in her power to never let us forget how much of a self-insert the character is and because her story is not even in the same general universe of quality then either Potter or Star Wars.

    And on a general note:

    A new week, another set of asshole males that exist solely to annoy Jennifer. She just can't get a break from those horrible men... speaking to her... in a bar!!! Geezus. I have no clue how she tolerates life.

    As before the only good thing is Wong and it is hillarious how the writer thinks that she can play that off as a joke, when clearly it is absolutely the full truth.
    I am a Star Wars fan ... anyone who thinks Star Wars ever had "good writing" is looking through nostalgia googles. There are tons of issues with even the OT.

    And do I really need to bring up all the problems have with the writing in Harry Potter?

    Creativity is the only thing you got and that is highly subjective on what is creative.

    Star Wars ripped tons of things off of Dune as well as heavily influenced from Samurai films and war footage, mixed with politics of the time. I love Star Wars, but you can objectively argue it lacks creativity.
    Harry Potter and the OT are literally rips off the same story archetype.

    So, clearly it isn't the quality of writing or creativity that is the reason people don't care. It is almost like people are making up a bs reason to hate the show rather than actually critique it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post

    So we must wait for Joker to come and kill Jen? since this show boring af.(atleast Deadpool's 4th wall jokes was actually funny)
    Deadpool's jokes aren't really funny. It is how Ryan delivers them that makes them humorous.

    They are mostly childish and if the character was done by anyone else most of those jokes would fall flat.

    You still are missing that humor is subjective. You seem to just hate watch these shows. I feel sorry for you that you feel the need to watch something just so you can actively trash it. Move on with you life.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  9. #1189
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    18,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Oh. But none of that is funny..


    Maybe they should hire a comedian writer person..
    Cap being a virgin cracked me up. To each their own.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  10. #1190
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    21,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    If I would watch an episode of the big bang theory, I wouldn't laugh once, but at least I recognize where they try n fail to be funny...

    ...but this show, has no setup, no punchline, they are just...talking..
    In the first episode Jen try’s to get Bruce to talk about caps virginity, in the after credit scene she pretends to be drunk to get him to spill in.

    In the first episode Bruce tells Jen they can drink a ton because of there hulk metabolism, in the second episode she gets instantly drunk and falls over because she changes back while having a hulk level of booze in her.

    In the third episode she hulk says she’s a huge fan of what’s her name tweaking singer, in the after credit she gets to hang out one on one and twerks with her.

    The set up and punch lines are all there you just seem unable to recognize them.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  11. #1191
    Banned Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    4,876
    They should hire real writers instead, with comedic talent.. so that not only people with a really low bar for humour will laugh..

  12. #1192
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    41,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    They should hire real writers instead, with comedic talent.. so that not only people with a really low bar for humour will laugh..
    Comedy is pretty subjective, and since a lot of people already find it comical then it's likely they already have "real writers with comedic talent" on hand. Not everything lands for everybody, of course; so if the show's brand of comedy isn't your thing then that's no one's fault, really. I personally find "Big Bang Theory" to be cringeworthy and painful, with almost zero comedy, but a lot of people love it - so that's a me thing at the end of the day.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

  13. #1193
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    They should hire real writers instead, with comedic talent.. so that not only people with a really low bar for humour will laugh..
    you're really missing the whole "humour is subjective" thing aren't you? just because you don't like it and you don't think it's funny doesn't mean there are people out there who do like it and do think it's funny. not everyone thinks the same as you. you are perfectly fine to not like it and not think that it's funny; but that's your opinion. not a fact. so stop saying that only people with a really low bar for humour will laugh and GTFO of this topic, because you clearly don't like the show SO WHY ARE YOU WATCHING?????

    I hate the Twilight books with a passion, mostly because I think it's rubbish and that vampires shouldn't fucking sparkle when they go into the sun. That doesn't mean that I go around calling people who enjoy the books "literary plebs" or lambast the author for writing the book; because I have accepted that different people like different things. not everything is for me. If I did what you're doing I would have read the books and watched the movies and then gone on to a forum about the books and movies, called them shit and started arguing with everyone who disagreed with me because, using your logic, my opinion overrides theirs.
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2022-09-08 at 04:40 PM.

  14. #1194
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I am a Star Wars fan ... anyone who thinks Star Wars ever had "good writing" is looking through nostalgia googles. There are tons of issues with even the OT.

    And do I really need to bring up all the problems have with the writing in Harry Potter?

    Creativity is the only thing you got and that is highly subjective on what is creative.

    Star Wars ripped tons of things off of Dune as well as heavily influenced from Samurai films and war footage, mixed with politics of the time. I love Star Wars, but you can objectively argue it lacks creativity.
    Harry Potter and the OT are literally rips off the same story archetype.

    So, clearly it isn't the quality of writing or creativity that is the reason people don't care. It is almost like people are making up a bs reason to hate the show rather than actually critique it.
    All of the above is subjective. I happen to disagree with it. But I know, that is a difficult concept for people in this thread, since everyone disliking She-Hulk is clearly wrong, a liar and an evil misogynist on top.

    Additionally your "made-up" reasons are only "made-up" because you and the other minions do not agree with them. The unveiled arrogance behind the idea that you have the right to decide which critique is allowed and which is "a lie" and "made-up" is just breath taking.





    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You still are missing that humor is subjective. You seem to just hate watch these shows. I feel sorry for you that you feel the need to watch something just so you can actively trash it. Move on with you life.
    I cannot speak for him. But I personally watch the show for a few different reasons:

    1) I do not criticise things I haven't personally seen. Not that it helps in this thread where a scene linked to everyone here is just talked out of existence.

    2) I want to see how much deeper of a grave the writer can dig her career with her misandrism.

    3) There is Wong. He is worth the suffering.

  15. #1195
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    21,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    They should hire real writers instead, with comedic talent.. so that not only people with a really low bar for humour will laugh..
    You mean they should hire writers who can write down to those with child like levels of picking up set up and pay offs.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  16. #1196
    Legendary! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    6,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    All of the above is subjective. I happen to disagree with it. But I know, that is a difficult concept for people in this thread, since everyone disliking She-Hulk is clearly wrong, a liar and an evil misogynist on top.

    Additionally your "made-up" reasons are only "made-up" because you and the other minions do not agree with them. The unveiled arrogance behind the idea that you have the right to decide which critique is allowed and which is "a lie" and "made-up" is just breath taking.
    Either the bolded statement is true or the italicized is. They both cannot be true.

    The reason is it is a made up reason is BECAUSE it is subjective. You are looking for a reason to hate the show, so you make up a reason to hate it. How did you miss the point of my post so badly?

    Again, I can literally make your argument for why Star Wars is bad ... something you state you disagree with ... therefore, you know why people are disagreeing with you. And people are called liars because they are LYING about what the show shows by adding to scenes things not sad but they feel the scene means. They are wrong because how they talk about a scene is factually wrong.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    I cannot speak for him. But I personally watch the show for a few different reasons:

    1) I do not criticise things I haven't personally seen. Not that it helps in this thread where a scene linked to everyone here is just talked out of existence.

    2) I want to see how much deeper of a grave the writer can dig her career with her misandrism.

    3) There is Wong. He is worth the suffering.
    None of these reasons are good enough reason to hate watch a show. If you dislike something, there is no reason to continue through it. We are nearly half way through the series, at this point you should know if you like it or not.

    I found myself unable to get into Stranger Things, I didn't force myself through it. I just go "I watched half of the first episode and didn't find myself interested, so I stopped watching."
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-09-08 at 05:16 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  17. #1197
    I thought most of the jokes landed. I didn't like the twerking scene purely because idk who Megan the Stallion is and it makes me feel old.

  18. #1198
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    In the first episode Jen try’s to get Bruce to talk about caps virginity, in the after credit scene she pretends to be drunk to get him to spill in.

    In the first episode Bruce tells Jen they can drink a ton because of there hulk metabolism, in the second episode she gets instantly drunk and falls over because she changes back while having a hulk level of booze in her.

    In the third episode she hulk says she’s a huge fan of what’s her name tweaking singer, in the after credit she gets to hang out one on one and twerks with her.

    The set up and punch lines are all there you just seem unable to recognize them.
    Twerking wasn't funny back when it was relevant in 2015

  19. #1199
    Legendary! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    6,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I thought most of the jokes landed. I didn't like the twerking scene purely because idk who Megan the Stallion is and it makes me feel old.
    Want to feel older? It is Megan thee Stallion.

    Also, yeah, it didn't hit with me either because I have never really cared for twerking or rap music.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Twerking wasn't funny back when it was relevant in 2015
    2013 was when it was full viral, but it was nationally known since the about a decade before then.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  20. #1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Want to feel older? It is Megan thee Stallion.

    Also, yeah, it didn't hit with me either because I have never really cared for twerking or rap music.

    - - - Updated - - -



    2013 was when it was full viral, but it was nationally known since the about a decade before then.
    Gotta fill that screen time somehow. It ain't got westwing level legal writing. It ain't got fun action. It just exists. So may as well cycle through old pop culture references. Next week they're bringing back Richard Simmons and they're gonna make a work out video

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •