Page 96 of 142 FirstFirst ...
46
86
94
95
96
97
98
106
... LastLast
  1. #1901
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    So Bruce was ok after this, but a damn traffic accident causes him to bleed all over his cousin and transform her.

    Now is that a double standard or not?
    If you'll notice he wasn't ok. He was broken pretty badly.

    Technically the way the Other Guy works is that at the exact fraction of a second upon impact, he transforms. Banner has no special resistance to injury but anything beyond minor injuries will cause him to transform because the Other Guy doesn't want to die. The Thor3 movie scene illustrates this poorly. Same goes for the suicide anecdote. As soon as the bullet touches the back of his throat, he transforms.

    His power was being suppressed in the She-Hulk show. Enough to slow down the transformation.
    Last edited by Ivanstone; 2022-09-26 at 01:18 AM.

  2. #1902
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    My arguments are based on actually watching the show.
    I have my doubts. Considering you denied the existence of several scenes of the show I have to assume that an episode for you in 10 Minutes long.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Already having pre-existing knowledge of the character helps too.
    Basically what you are saying is that you are not judging the show on it's own merits, but on what better people wrote in better comics about the same character.

    There has been a lot of incredibly ridiculous arguments made in this thread, yet you manage to surpass them all again and again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Your arguments involve conspiracy theories doubtlessly cribbed from some prominent crank on YouTube. It’s like you patiently wait for your talking points to arrive before invading the thread-du-jour and throwing shit everywhere.
    My arguments were based on what everyone could see, if they have seen the show with open eyes. So far the only people that have denied them have been admitting that they haven't seen the show or are denying the existence of several scenes in it.

    Besides that, you are prooving that you can't deny the points I make, so you attack me directly. Cute.

  3. #1903
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    The trailers clearly show Jen breaking the 4th wall and talking to the audience directly. They leaned a lot heavier into the comedy than the action as well.
    My point is that nothing about the trailer suggest that this is a sitcom. It can have more comedy than action and not be a sitcom, it can have some plot related to her personal life and still not be a sitcom... just by watching the trailer, from the clips to the music, everything transmits that the show is just as any other marvel show, leaning more towards comedy than action, wich is totally fine.

    But let me be clear that i don't make a big deal about this, trailers often work this way. Some trailers end up being better than the show or movie they promote and the point of a trailer is to sell the product.

    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    And it's fine if you choose to watch it...but you still have to keep in mind that just because it isn't what you are looking for from a marvel show...that doesn't mean it's "bad"...it's just not for you. I don't like Grey's Anatomy...and I won't force myself to watch every episode of Grey's Anatomy just so I can go on the internet and tell Grey's Anatomy fans that Grey's Anatomy is a terrible show. I focus on the things i do like.
    You can't dismiss any criticism by saying "it's not bad, you just don't like it". We can enjoy or not a show and still recognize it's qualities and flaws.

    To me the show doesn't work well because the elements that should define it as a sitcom are weak at best, the action is sparce and the plot is advancing at the pace of a snail, the CGI looks terrible most of the time and i find the writing to be simply bad and unfunny.
    Last edited by Geckoo; 2022-09-26 at 08:10 AM.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

  4. #1904
    Legendary! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    6,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    How do you know how hard he was hit? with his hands in front, he either broke them both or the self sustained hit was not strong enough.

    You're claiming that Tony was hurt. So, either the next scene happened much later, after he healed, or he wasn't hurt at all.

    And why comparing a scene of an accident with a brawling scene between two super powered women?
    He accelerated up and toward what appears to be a concrete wall. Have you ever hit concrete ... at all? It always hurts and you can determine the speed he hit the wall by analyzing the film. The point in bringing it up is that humans in the MCU appear to be more durable than humans in the real world.

    And this doesn't actually address my actual point which is your problem is you could not suspend your disbelief and another reason for bringing up the scene is to show that you did at other points in the MCU. You aren't demanding proof that Iron man didn't get injured, but are wanting an explanation to why Jen wasn't turned to paste with Titania.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    not just Superhero movies. action movies in general are just full of absolute shit. people doing crazy action stunts would die like 95% of the time if it weren't a movie. Die Hard is a perfect example of that. John McClane should've been seriously injured/dead within the first few action sequences, he definitely wouldn't have made it to the end of the movie. However that's how the movie has to go, because it would absolutely suck if the protagonist died within the first 30 minutes of the movie, wouldn't it?
    I get that, but I mean if you realize that Tony Stark would have died after he attempted to fly in his Mark I (and certainly when the Mark II armor crashed), but having a harder time understanding how a superpower being can pull a punch ... I just don't get it.

    It is fine some things you can't suspend your disbelief for, but this argument seems arbitrary because people can pull their punches in real life.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  5. #1905
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    The same way Paris Hilton gets out of a DUI...celebrity status and money.
    Suuuure. For that comparison to work drunk Paris would have had to drive her car directly into a crowd of people with the clear intend of killing them and the only reason no one was killed, was because of another person in the car turning the wheel in the last moment. That is a charge of attempted vehicular manslaughter, which doesn't go away as easily as a DUI.
    We are working in a universe here where even HEROES like the Avengers have their actions restricted because of possible collateral damage thanks to the Sokovia Accords. The fact that a completely irresponsible and nigh brain-dead person like Titania is allowed to run around without having her powers inhibited is just another point where the show doesn't understand the world it is writing for. Her getting away with attempted murder is just the tip of the iceberg of horrendous writing.

    Speaking of which. Did Jennifer sign the Accords? Because she is liberally using her powers without anyone from the goverment giving her the right to do it (and for the most ridiculous reasons, like looking good at a wedding) or a thought of collateral damage. As a lawyer she should probably respect the law, right?

    Ah what am I saying, she is openly threatening people's lifes to make them accept her agreements. Of course she doesn't respect the law. Considering we constantly see how bad she is at her job and how much she hates it, I have to wonder if the only reason she became a lawyer is because she likes wearing suits and boasting about being a lawyer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    THeir client was complete shit. And they still got him an awesome settlement. Mallory is also kind of shitty to Jen during the trademark case....didn't affect her ability to do her job though.
    The only reason they managed that was because the men and women sueing were incredibly stupid. "Nah, I don't wanna set up me and my children and their children for life with billions of dollars in Apple stock, I want a sincere apology." This kind of stupid doesn't happen unless the writer has no idea how else to make his characters earn a win.
    Besides that, it doesn't matter what kind of a person the guy was. It is their friggin job to be impartial and professional, it is what they are getting a ton of HIS money for. If they can't even defend a guy that cheated his wifes without devolving into a swarm of bickering geese then how in the world are these people supposed to defend actual criminals? Murderers, Rapists... all of that is part of their job.

    Of course the writer doesn't even understand that in her attempt to take the piss out of another guy, she instead showed a perfectly valid reason why you should not want a woman in that job. She took the stupid untrue clichee of a "women can't control their emotions, thus women can't be professional" and proved it correct.
    This is the same clichee that Jennifer complained about in episode 1... and now these two are playing into it themselves... proving that the people that called Jen out for being "emotional" and "difficult" might actually have had a point if she showed the same level of professionalism as these two idiots.
    Maybe, if you want your female main characters be seen as professionals in their field, show them being professional, do not show them doing whatever they feel like and then expect everyone to accept that behaviour.

    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Wandavision says hi.
    Wandavision wasn't a sitcom. It was a drama series that used tropes from a sitcom because the main character in her desperation fled into a world structured after her childhood memories, which were heavily influenced by sitcoms. It fit in line perfectly with other dramatic movies of the MCU like Civil War, Endgame and Infinity War.

    It is clear that the MCU is currently throwing things at the wall to see what sticks. Multiverse of Madness was called "the first Horror-Movie" of the MCU and it worked well as that, since it had an exceptionally skilled writer with lots of experience behind it, so there is a good chance there might be more. She-Hulk is "the first sitcom" and it failed miserably in every conceivable aspect. Most importantly, it is less funny then the funny scenes in the dramatic movies and shows... so I expect that area of the MCU to go the way of the Dodo.
    Maybe if we had had someone that is actually interested in writing for the character She-Hulk instead of someone that just wanted a plattform to vent her own life's frustrations, this experiment might have succeeded.

    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    And it's fine if you choose to watch it...but you still have to keep in mind that just because it isn't what you are looking for from a marvel show...that doesn't mean it's "bad"...it's just not for you. I don't like Grey's Anatomy...and I won't force myself to watch every episode of Grey's Anatomy just so I can go on the internet and tell Grey's Anatomy fans that Grey's Anatomy is a terrible show. I focus on the things i do like.
    Grey's Anatomy is not part of a shared Movie Universe that I have a strong interest in and that is where your comparison fails you. As I pointed out in other posts I treat the MCU just like I treat Star Wars. As a franchise that I have a strong engagement in and want to see succeed. Hence why I expect certain standards to be upheld (mainly in the realms of Lore consistency and overall writing quality).
    Episode 7-9 failed to meet these standards. And spectacularly so, because the new writers had no respect for the lore of the world they were writing for. They couldn't be arsed to do the research needed to deliver a good product and that showed, not to mention that their writing was about as consitent as a molten cheese.

    Sure, you could now dismiss my critique by saying that the movies aren't for me. I would counter that 1) I decide what is for me and what isn't, 2) They very well could have been if people hadn't been so brain-dead when making them. I liked the idea of a female Jedi as the main character, it could have been great, but they failed to write her in any way convincing and just turned her into a Mary Sue with a ridiculously stupid backstory and lore-breaking powerlevels.

    The same is happening with She-Hulk. It is set in a universe I care about and the main character does interest me, so the series very well could have been for me, if the writing wasn't so hillariously bad. But it is. So my anger stems from the fact that this show is throwing away all the good will it inherently has as part of the MCU because Jessica Gao couldn't be arsed to write with the Lore of the MCU in mind, do her research on lawyering and most of all is treating this friggin show as her personal blog.

    The only reason there isn't more loud and public outcry about this is that everyone criticising the show and it's writer is labeled as a misogynist, a cheap put powerful defense, that makes sure that Gao can't be held to the same standards as all other Marvel properties have been, except for Captain Marvel, which, oh wonder, did exactly the same with it's critics.

    That people are falling for this tactic is unbelievable to me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    It is fine some things you can't suspend your disbelief for, but this argument seems arbitrary because people can pull their punches in real life.
    Again. If she pulled her punch, how did Jen fly several meters backwards? The force necessary for that would have shattered her jaw or skull, depending where it hit.

    If we are going by the established Hulk lore, she should have automatically transformed immediatedly after. Just like Bruce did seconds after landing on the Bifrost.

    If we are not going by those rules then we open more questions: Why did she not die? Is her body invulnerable even in Jen form? If so, why does she even have to transform?

    This is what I mean when I am complaining about the writing. I just know 100% that Jessica Gao never even thought about these things and probably wouldn have cared if she did.

  6. #1906
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    I have my doubts. Considering you denied the existence of several scenes of the show I have to assume that an episode for you in 10 Minutes long.



    Basically what you are saying is that you are not judging the show on it's own merits, but on what better people wrote in better comics about the same character.

    There has been a lot of incredibly ridiculous arguments made in this thread, yet you manage to surpass them all again and again.



    My arguments were based on what everyone could see, if they have seen the show with open eyes. So far the only people that have denied them have been admitting that they haven't seen the show or are denying the existence of several scenes in it.

    Besides that, you are prooving that you can't deny the points I make, so you attack me directly. Cute.
    Citation please.

    They crib stuff directly from the comics yet somehow you're not criticizing the comics for the same reasons. And how do you know if the comics are better? Have you read them?

    People directly quote the show back to you and you consistently handwave it because it doesn't suit your agenda. Numerous others in the thread do the same thing, using similar lines. And a few of them were actually dumb enough to show where they got their opinions from.

  7. #1907
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    They crib stuff directly from the comics yet somehow you're not criticizing the comics for the same reasons. And how do you know if the comics are better? Have you read them?
    I haven't read them, hence I am not criticising them. That is a thing I do. I only talk about things I have personally spend time looking at. That I assume it is better might seem a contradiction to that rule at first glance, but my point is simply that any book from any real author is gonna be superior to this show.

    Btw. while digging through the net I found an article of someone decrying the Slott comics as misogynistic because of, among other things, Jen's promiscuity. https://www.comicbookherald.com/she-...mnibus-review/

    I wonder what that person would say to the show. Jen is after all trying very hard (or swiping very hard) to get a guy in her bed.

    Mhm... considering this and my earlier comment on Gao's depiction of Mallory and the Paralegal I am somewhat tempted to rectify my view. Maybe she doesn't hate men, maybe she just hates everyone. That would be very inclusive at least.

  8. #1908
    Is this still whining that episode one held up a mirror to how some people behave? Reality is tough, I get it.

  9. #1909
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    I haven't read them, hence I am not criticising them. That is a thing I do. I only talk about things I have personally spend time looking at. That I assume it is better might seem a contradiction to that rule at first glance, but my point is simply that any book from any real author is gonna be superior to this show.

    Btw. while digging through the net I found an article of someone decrying the Slott comics as misogynistic because of, among other things, Jen's promiscuity. https://www.comicbookherald.com/she-...mnibus-review/

    I wonder what that person would say to the show. Jen is after all trying very hard (or swiping very hard) to get a guy in her bed.

    Mhm... considering this and my earlier comment on Gao's depiction of Mallory and the Paralegal I am somewhat tempted to rectify my view. Maybe she doesn't hate men, maybe she just hates everyone. That would be very inclusive at least.
    You specifically said they were better. The book isn't always better than its adaptation.

    You're confusing one person's opinion for reality.

    People like to fuck. There's nothing wrong with that. Why shouldn't our art reflect real life?

    Again you're seeing something that isn't there.

  10. #1910
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Is this still whining that episode one held up a mirror to how some people behave? Reality is tough, I get it.
    It’s just a performance now. People playing their roles for our entertainment.

  11. #1911
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Banned to the Bone.
    Posts
    2,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    You're missing the point.

    The point is, ALL movies and shows are wildly inconsistent with this stuff ALL THE TIME.

    So why does it suddenly matter here, when it's been going on for 100+ years in cinema?
    Of course it matters. One thing MCU has managed to do for the first time in the history of cinema (and now TV) is to bring to live a huge world where various superheroes are born, grow, make friends and enemies and face great challenges. It is all tied and coordinated. There are rules, known powers with limits and powerful foes that can be overcome despite those limits.

    Having Banner bleed by an accident in his human form, but She-Hulk after a superpowered punch that sent her flying meters far having no friggin visible injury is inconsistent. It's in the same series. I don't care what other MCU installments have done with their heroes, nor what other movies (lol with Home Alone. It's a fucking joke) have shown. What happened there might make sense in their own frame, story and heroes. Or might not, but have disbelief suspended because of comic relief.

    But here, there is an inconsistency of the properties of Hulking. On the same show, on heroes with totally similar, if not identical, superpowers. One bleeds as human, the other takes punches IN THE FACE like it was a schoolyard push.

    Also, we have a brawl. We have two opponents, the protagonist and the antagonist fighting. This should have at least some stakes. Something to overcome. Something to actually cause Jen to shift. There should be some cost for the protagonist, who has already "won" the same antagonist twice, and there's not a friggin bleeding nose. Something that would actually deem hulking up necessary to fix it.

    It all ends up like the same old shit for the 3rd time. So Jen hulks and breaks Titania's veneers. Yippeee! Hurrah for the show hero! (not). How thrilling and engaging, and also fun and funny fight! (again, not)

    Now if you call this good writing or acceptable, it's you fuckin' opinion. And it reflects on you. I call it shit. And i will keep calling it shit, every friggin time, despite your obvious wall arguments. You're not winning anything. So keep going. I know i will, as much as i am interested, bothered or entertained to do so.

    I am sorry i will not accept inconsistencies by a subpar writer in one of the shows so she can do her thing, whatever it is. It really briings MCU down 2 notches, if not more.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    It’s just a performance now. People playing their roles for our entertainment.
    No, i just want this show to crash and burn. Because it's awfully written. I don't care for winning internet points or fights (lol).

    I just hope people read this and make their own decisions.
    /spit@Blizzard

  12. #1912
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Having Banner bleed by an accident in his human form, but She-Hulk after a superpowered punch that sent her flying meters far having no friggin visible injury is inconsistent. It's in the same series. I don't care what other MCU installments have done with their heroes, nor what other movies (lol with Home Alone. It's a fucking joke) have shown. What happened there might make sense in their own frame, story and heroes. Or might not, but have disbelief suspended because of comic relief.

    But here, there is an inconsistency of the properties of Hulking. On the same show, on heroes with totally similar, if not identical, superpowers. One bleeds as human, the other takes punches IN THE FACE like it was a schoolyard push.
    And, again, the same thing happens in other shows. I'm not comparing one injury from She-Hulk to one injury in another show, I'm pointing out that your objection about inconsistencies WITHIN the same show/movie isn't justified since that's par for the course. I.e., there's also wild inconsistencies about injuries WITHIN other shows/movies.

    In fact, you were SHOWN AN EXAMPLE of that with the Iron Man thing. The comparison isn't between Iron Man and She-Hulk, it's WITHIN those respective works. Injuries sustained are not consistent with the actual situation ALL. THE. TIME. This show isn't special in that regard, and you've yet to explain why you treat it as such.

  13. #1913
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    73,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Of course it matters. One thing MCU has managed to do for the first time in the history of cinema (and now TV) is to bring to live a huge world where various superheroes are born, grow, make friends and enemies and face great challenges. It is all tied and coordinated. There are rules, known powers with limits and powerful foes that can be overcome despite those limits.

    Having Banner bleed by an accident in his human form, but She-Hulk after a superpowered punch that sent her flying meters far having no friggin visible injury is inconsistent. It's in the same series. I don't care what other MCU installments have done with their heroes, nor what other movies (lol with Home Alone. It's a fucking joke) have shown. What happened there might make sense in their own frame, story and heroes. Or might not, but have disbelief suspended because of comic relief.

    But here, there is an inconsistency of the properties of Hulking. On the same show, on heroes with totally similar, if not identical, superpowers. One bleeds as human, the other takes punches IN THE FACE like it was a schoolyard push.
    This remains a problem with your refusal to suspend disbelief, not a problem with the show itself. Narrative takes priority over realism in fiction, always.

    Also, we have a brawl. We have two opponents, the protagonist and the antagonist fighting. This should have at least some stakes. Something to overcome. Something to actually cause Jen to shift. There should be some cost for the protagonist, who has already "won" the same antagonist twice, and there's not a friggin bleeding nose. Something that would actually deem hulking up necessary to fix it.
    Why? You're literally making every single element of this up.
    It wasn't a "brawl". It may have seemed to be setting up for one, but they never got there.
    The "stakes" were already set early; it's a personal beef between Jen and Titania, and Jen was trying to not ruin her friend's wedding by taking the focus off her. Those are the stakes. You not liking them because they're not serious enough is irrelevant. They're still stakes.
    There is absolutely no requirement that there be any "cost" to the protagonist in a situation like this.
    Worse, there is an obvious, direct cost, and you're just ignoring it.

    It all ends up like the same old shit for the 3rd time. So Jen hulks and breaks Titania's veneers.
    Literally did not happen.

    You keep insisting on making things up that didn't happen in the show.

    She-Hulk didn't do shit to break Titania's veneers. As is very obvious to anyone watching that scene.

    Yippeee! Hurrah for the show hero! (not). How thrilling and engaging, and also fun and funny fight! (again, not)
    Nothing about this was meant to be "thrilling". You're blaming the show for not achieving a goal it never set out to deliver.

    Now if you call this good writing or acceptable, it's you fuckin' opinion. And it reflects on you. I call it shit. And i will keep calling it shit, every friggin time, despite your obvious wall arguments. You're not winning anything. So keep going. I know i will, as much as i am interested, bothered or entertained to do so.
    I mean, you keep straight-up lying about what's actually going on to try and misrepresent the writing. That's why you get pushback.


  14. #1914
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Banned to the Bone.
    Posts
    2,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    If you'll notice he wasn't ok. He was broken pretty badly.

    Technically the way the Other Guy works is that at the exact fraction of a second upon impact, he transforms. Banner has no special resistance to injury but anything beyond minor injuries will cause him to transform because the Other Guy doesn't want to die. The Thor3 movie scene illustrates this poorly. Same goes for the suicide anecdote. As soon as the bullet touches the back of his throat, he transforms.

    His power was being suppressed in the She-Hulk show. Enough to slow down the transformation.
    Let's say that this is the same thing that happens with She-Hulk. There are many ways they could have gone with this:

    1. Let Banner explain that in the first episode. It would give free reign to the writers to put Jen into various situations and we wouldn't be afraid for her human side.
    2. Actually show this stuff happening: Just a greenish hue on Jen's face or a quarter of a transformation when the impact of Titania's punch comes. Shit totally explained, consistent, showing that She-Hulk can only be injured if suppressed (sedated, wearing an inhibitor etc).

    I'm just a friggin' MCU fan and solved a peeve me and others have with the show with like 2-3 seconds of screentime or extra CGI. Something the idiots writing this show didn't do.

    And that's one of the reasons the show is SHIT.
    /spit@Blizzard

  15. #1915
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    73,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Let's say that this is the same thing that happens with She-Hulk. There are many ways they could have gone with this:

    1. Let Banner explain that in the first episode. It would give free reign to the writers to put Jen into various situations and we wouldn't be afraid for her human side.
    2. Actually show this stuff happening: Just a greenish hue on Jen's face or a quarter of a transformation when the impact of Titania's punch comes. Shit totally explained, consistent, showing that She-Hulk can only be injured if suppressed (sedated, wearing an inhibitor etc).

    I'm just a friggin' MCU fan and solved a peeve me and others have with the show with like 2-3 seconds of screentime or extra CGI. Something the idiots writing this show didn't do.

    And that's one of the reasons the show is SHIT.
    They literally showed it happening. You're complaining because you don't want to accept what they showed.


  16. #1916
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Of course it matters. One thing MCU has managed to do for the first time in the history of cinema (and now TV) is to bring to live a huge world where various superheroes are born, grow, make friends and enemies and face great challenges. It is all tied and coordinated. There are rules, known powers with limits and powerful foes that can be overcome despite those limits.

    Having Banner bleed by an accident in his human form, but She-Hulk after a superpowered punch that sent her flying meters far having no friggin visible injury is inconsistent. It's in the same series. I don't care what other MCU installments have done with their heroes, nor what other movies (lol with Home Alone. It's a fucking joke) have shown. What happened there might make sense in their own frame, story and heroes. Or might not, but have disbelief suspended because of comic relief.

    But here, there is an inconsistency of the properties of Hulking. On the same show, on heroes with totally similar, if not identical, superpowers. One bleeds as human, the other takes punches IN THE FACE like it was a schoolyard push.

    Also, we have a brawl. We have two opponents, the protagonist and the antagonist fighting. This should have at least some stakes. Something to overcome. Something to actually cause Jen to shift. There should be some cost for the protagonist, who has already "won" the same antagonist twice, and there's not a friggin bleeding nose. Something that would actually deem hulking up necessary to fix it.

    It all ends up like the same old shit for the 3rd time. So Jen hulks and breaks Titania's veneers. Yippeee! Hurrah for the show hero! (not). How thrilling and engaging, and also fun and funny fight! (again, not)

    Now if you call this good writing or acceptable, it's you fuckin' opinion. And it reflects on you. I call it shit. And i will keep calling it shit, every friggin time, despite your obvious wall arguments. You're not winning anything. So keep going. I know i will, as much as i am interested, bothered or entertained to do so.

    I am sorry i will not accept inconsistencies by a subpar writer in one of the shows so she can do her thing, whatever it is. It really briings MCU down 2 notches, if not more.

    - - - Updated - - -



    No, i just want this show to crash and burn. Because it's awfully written. I don't care for winning internet points or fights (lol).

    I just hope people read this and make their own decisions.
    Tony Stark gets straight up rocket blasted into a concrete wall face first and falls 10 feet onto the hard ground and doesn't even get injured. That's in Iron Man 1. These types of inconsistencies have existed since literally the beginning. Tony Stark should have died 500 times over. He's a regular guy taking the concussive force of blow after blow after blow. Armor doesn't protect against that. His brain would be jelly after smashing against the inside of his skull that hard. His organs would be liquified like someone that jumped out of a skyscraper.

    You are looking for hard world building in a universe that has clearly and emphatically been built on soft world building. Concussive impacts have routinely been shown to be FAR less damaging than they would be in real life, and there has never been any consistency to it whatsoever.
    Last edited by NineSpine; 2022-09-26 at 03:31 PM.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  17. #1917
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Banned to the Bone.
    Posts
    2,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    And, again, the same thing happens in other shows. I'm not comparing one injury from She-Hulk to one injury in another show, I'm pointing out that your objection about inconsistencies WITHIN the same show/movie isn't justified since that's par for the course. I.e., there's also wild inconsistencies about injuries WITHIN other shows/movies.

    In fact, you were SHOWN AN EXAMPLE of that with the Iron Man thing. The comparison isn't between Iron Man and She-Hulk, it's WITHIN those respective works. Injuries sustained are not consistent with the actual situation ALL. THE. TIME. This show isn't special in that regard, and you've yet to explain why you treat it as such.
    Really? You missed all those Home Alone and Die Hard Videos? All others did, though.

    The show SHOULD HAVE BEEN consistent with one of the major abilities of the protagonist(s). By having Bruce bleeding, we have the creation of a new Hulk. the second one in MCU. It is a pivotal moment in the story and it should be fully consistent for the rest of it. Else, you know what? ITS BAD WRITING.

    If that Hulk has different abilities or properties IT SHOULD BE TOLD, EXPLAINED, SHOWN. Because then, you delete the inconsistency INSIDE THE STORY, you don't put the onus on the viewers, expecting them to use their suspended disbelief, you're free to go write various shit, that is now acceptable, because it was already explained and you TRIGGER the suspension of disbelief.

    And i'm being called a hater of the show, because i expect all of the above from a multimillion dollar company and show.

    Which is SHIT.
    /spit@Blizzard

  18. #1918
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Let's say that this is the same thing that happens with She-Hulk. There are many ways they could have gone with this:

    1. Let Banner explain that in the first episode. It would give free reign to the writers to put Jen into various situations and we wouldn't be afraid for her human side.
    2. Actually show this stuff happening: Just a greenish hue on Jen's face or a quarter of a transformation when the impact of Titania's punch comes. Shit totally explained, consistent, showing that She-Hulk can only be injured if suppressed (sedated, wearing an inhibitor etc).

    I'm just a friggin' MCU fan and solved a peeve me and others have with the show with like 2-3 seconds of screentime or extra CGI. Something the idiots writing this show didn't do.

    And that's one of the reasons the show is SHIT.
    The MCU has been poorly consistent in displaying power levels and action orientated TV and movies very frequently downplay serious injuries for dramatic (or comedic) effect. Could you give us a detailed posting history where you specifically complain about this happening in other movies or television? Or are you only whining about this one scene because you have an axe to grind with this specific TV show?

    The Incredible Hulk movie showed the Hulk doing a death dive to trigger the Other Guy. Its arguably the more reasonable version of the same scene in Thor 3 but that doesn't make IH a better movie. Showing a Hulk-sized hole in the ground or Banner's shattered body were for dramatic and comedic effect respectively. Whether they're realistic is immaterial.

    The She-Hulk scene was entirely constructed for comedic purposes. Getting sucker punched while drunk barfing is funny. So is Tony Stark getting thrown around by his repulsor boots. A fractured skull or broken neck would break that immersion.

    Furthermore, Jen isn't Bruce. She doesn't have an Other Girl. I wouldn't presume her powers would save her from certain death.

  19. #1919
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    The show SHOULD HAVE BEEN consistent with one of the major abilities of the protagonist(s).
    Why? Nothing else is.

    Heck the entire Ant-Man movie is a parade of internal inconsistencies, where the whole shrinking thing never works the same. Does his mass decrease or not? How can he have enough mass to knock someone over, but also not enough to squash the ant he rides on?

    What makes She-Hulk special, so that it suddenly needs to observe internal consistencies in ways no other MCU stuff - or pretty much any other action movie, really - does?

  20. #1920
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Really? You missed all those Home Alone and Die Hard Videos? All others did, though.

    The show SHOULD HAVE BEEN consistent with one of the major abilities of the protagonist(s). By having Bruce bleeding, we have the creation of a new Hulk. the second one in MCU. It is a pivotal moment in the story and it should be fully consistent for the rest of it. Else, you know what? ITS BAD WRITING.

    If that Hulk has different abilities or properties IT SHOULD BE TOLD, EXPLAINED, SHOWN. Because then, you delete the inconsistency INSIDE THE STORY, you don't put the onus on the viewers, expecting them to use their suspended disbelief, you're free to go write various shit, that is now acceptable, because it was already explained and you TRIGGER the suspension of disbelief.

    And i'm being called a hater of the show, because i expect all of the above from a multimillion dollar company and show.

    Which is SHIT.
    Honestly, this is getting silly because not only has there never been consistency to this and you refuse to deal with that point, but it is remarkably easy to come up with an explanation: Bruce was wearing the inhibitor and Jen wasn't. The inhibitor fully stops the hulkness. Wow, that was hard to explain this meaningless inconsistency that is frankly more consistent than half of what else has happened.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •