Page 1 of 179
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

[TV] She-Hulk: Attorney at Law (*SPOILERS*)

thought I would kick this off since as I couldn't find a dedicated topic for it

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law IMDB

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law trailer

solid intro episode IMO. make sure you watch past credits

once again it's sad that another tv series featuring a female superhero was review bombed on IMDB before it even came out. Like I get if people don't like it or it's not their thing but goddam you're going above and beyond to leave a negative review about something you haven't watched yet and probably won't watch because you don't like it.
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2022-08-18 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    thought I would kick this off since as I couldn't find a dedicated topic for it

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law IMDB

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law trailer

solid intro episode IMO. make sure you watch past credits

once again it's sad that another tv series featuring a female superhero was review bombed on IMDB before it even came out. Like I get if people don't like it or it's not their thing but goddam you're going above and beyond to leave a negative review about something you haven't watched yet and probably won't watch because you don't like it.
    i dunno, it does seem that directors, actors or producers have become way too chatty before the show even launches and it does the show great disservice. i mean let the show speak for itself before you go attacking potential fans with ''oh if you wont like this you must hate women'' shtick. personally i've watched the trailer and decided that its not for me so i will give it no attention. on another note it is review bombed by both sides of the spectrum, it has more 10s than 0 and i doubt this show is either of those
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    i dunno, it does seem that directors, actors or producers have become way too chatty before the show even launches and it does the show great disservice. i mean let the show speak for itself before you go attacking potential fans with ''oh if you wont like this you must hate women'' shtick. personally i've watched the trailer and decided that its not for me so i will give it no attention. on another note it is review bombed by both sides of the spectrum, it has more 10s than 0 and i doubt this show is either of those
    Eh, you could argue that people are giving it 10's to counterbalance the review bombing and bring the average score closer to where it needs to be. Not a perfect strategy but it's fairly understandable. That said, I just watched the first episode and I think I'd give it about a 7/10. Not the best pilot they've done but far from the worst, and the CGI actually didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. Thought it looked fine honestly.

5+ Year Old Account
    Seems people trying to hard-sell this tv-show with AD's

For me, they ruined whole character, i mean usually if TV-show can't keep you entertained for its first 10min then someone did their job sloppy af.

1) Gal Gadot should played this role, one of most beautiful/sexy/FIT character of MARVEL universe, and here we come when random secretary or IronFist girlfriend look better.

2) She-Hulk must stay 24/7 in green form, they went cheap way.... and villain in 1st episode: random angry woman that wants to break a law... ye cheap... not even Titania.

3) Flat af jokes made me sleepy; these random 3 rapists that tried something, they didn't even showed us what she done to them.

Keeping watching it only for Daredevil comeback, but now i am afraid ... what if Disney gonna do cheap work on him too? Bullseye with adamantium? or FOX has rights to it?

(one more point, in comics Bruce doned his blood to her to save her, but here ... random blood drop gets In and WOAH bruh now you are HULK, then we can expect shit load people gonna be hunting JEN for secret of turning into HULK, for rest of her life ... nah, they not so smarTy)
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-08-18 at 10:15 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post

For me, they ruined whole character, i mean usually if TV-show can't keep you entertained for its first 10min then someone did their job sloppy af.

1) Gal Gadot should played this role, one of most beautiful/sexy/FIT character of MARVEL universe, and here we come when random secretary or IronFist girlfriend look better.

2) She-Hulk must stay 24/7 in green form, they went cheap way.... and villain in 1st episode: random angry woman that wants to break a law... ye cheap... not even Titania.

3) Flat af jokes made me sleepy; these random 3 rapists that tried something, they didn't even showed us what she done to them.

Keeping watching it only for Daredevil comeback, but now i am afraid ... what if Disney gonna do cheap work on him too? Bullseye with adamantium? or FOX has rights to it?
    1. Gal Gadot is busy being Wonder Woman.
    2. nah her changing the same way Hulk does makes sense
    3. pretty sure we can guess what she did to them. probably knocked them out but didn't kill them. the fact that she blacked out herself probably meant that Hulk intervened before she did anything newsworthy, which would also explain how she got to his place

also, you are aware that Disney owns Fox yes?

5+ Year Old Account
    also, you are aware that Disney owns Fox yes?
    then SONY, or whoever was trying to ruin Spider-man movies, whole deal that not all rights belong to Disney, and if Gal Gadot busy being Wonder Woman its deletes any possibility to find attractive actress that does look good while doing sports?

He literally said that her DNA suits for hulkening better than his, and it "IT" can't keep her in green form 24/7 then i don't know what was a point in saying it, car crash does damage to HULK and he needs healing, damn..... while in comics he insta heals even shots in the head while turning.

Lets look on two "fresh" She-hulks comic versions, ugly one failed so they brought back SEXY one, but CGI version fails to be either of these.

Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-08-18 at 11:44 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

(one more point, in comics Bruce doned his blood to her to save her, but here ... random blood drop gets In and WOAH bruh now you are HULK, then we can expect shit load people gonna be hunting JEN for secret of turning into HULK, for rest of her life ... nah, they not so smarTy)
    1) It is highly unlikely that Marvel could have gotten Gal Gadot for this role. Outside of supporting/minor characters, you don't really get major characters in both DC and Marvel at the same time.

2) More CGI means the CGI overall will have less quality. It is the first episode. They rarely show the main villain in the first episode of the Disney+ series.

3) Because she didn't do anything to them. She was literally tackled by Hulk before she could do anything.

Fox does not have the rights to any Marvel property anymore. They belonged to 20th Century Fox, which Disney bought and restored to 20th Century.

And the Blood is CONSISTENT with the MCU. It is akin to how Leader was made in the MCU from the first Hulk film. A little bit causes the change.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    then SONY, or whoever was trying to ruin Spider-man movies, whole deal that not all rights belong to Disney, and if Gal Gadot busy being Wonder Woman its deletes any possibility to find attractive actress that does look good while doing sports?

He literally said that her DNA suits for hulkening better than his, and it "IT" can't keep her in green form 24/7 then i don't know what was a point in saying it, car crash does damage to HULK and he needs healing, damn..... while in comics he insta heals even shots in the head while turning.

Lets look on two "fresh" She-hulks comic versions, ugly one failed so they brought back SEXY one, but CGI version fails to be either of these.
    ok what does Sony have to do with this? they own Spider-Man, they struck a deal with Disney/Marvel so that Spider-Man could be in the MCU. as for Tatiana are you saying she isn't attractive? looked alright to me. and she is probably closer to the 2nd picture you posted, although we haven't seen her in that particular outfit because, y'know, first episode. as for Bruce bleeding onto Jennifer well you answered your own question: "while in comics he insta heals even shots in the head while turning" - he wasn't turning at that point, he'd just been in a car accident. If you go back to the Hulk movie which everyone forgets about because it's rubbish he cuts his finger and then blood gets into a bottle of juice or whatever. so Bruce himself is not immune to damage, hell even the Hulk is not immune to damage - remember in Ragnarok when he gets bit by Fenrir? it pierces his skin. so yeah, your examples are wrong and a bit all over the place

7+ Year Old Account
    ok what does Sony have to do with this? they own Spider-Man, they struck a deal with Disney/Marvel so that Spider-Man could be in the MCU. as for Tatiana are you saying she isn't attractive? looked alright to me. and she is probably closer to the 2nd picture you posted, although we haven't seen her in that particular outfit because, y'know, first episode. as for Bruce bleeding onto Jennifer well you answered your own question: "while in comics he insta heals even shots in the head while turning" - he wasn't turning at that point, he'd just been in a car accident. If you go back to the Hulk movie which everyone forgets about because it's rubbish he cuts his finger and then blood gets into a bottle of juice or whatever. so Bruce himself is not immune to damage, hell even the Hulk is not immune to damage - remember in Ragnarok when he gets bit by Fenrir? it pierces his skin. so yeah, your examples are wrong and a bit all over the place
    To add, he also was wearing a device to keep himself as Bruce. So, it was unlikely he would have turned right away anyway.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    To add, he also was wearing a device to keep himself as Bruce. So, it was unlikely he would have turned right away anyway.
    that is very true. oh and cocomen I forgot to mention that Daredevil has already made his first appearance in the MCU - in Spider-Man NWH

7+ Year Old Account

Jennifer Walters is meant to be a plain Jane type character. Jennifer in her human form is not meant to be sexy. She Hulk is.

- - - Updated - - -

that is very true. oh and cocomen I forgot to mention that Daredevil has already made his first appearance in the MCU - in Spider-Man NWH
    A lot of his complaints seem to come from he doesn't understand the MCU nor the source material.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    1) It is highly unlikely that Marvel could have gotten Gal Gadot for this role. Outside of supporting/minor characters, you don't really get major characters in both DC and Marvel at the same time.

2) More CGI means the CGI overall will have less quality. It is the first episode. They rarely show the main villain in the first episode of the Disney+ series.

3) Because she didn't do anything to them. She was literally tackled by Hulk before she could do anything.

Fox does not have the rights to any Marvel property anymore. They belonged to 20th Century Fox, which Disney bought and restored to 20th Century.

And the Blood is CONSISTENT with the MCU. It is akin to how Leader was made in the MCU from the first Hulk film. A little bit causes the change.
    Also, even if it's a Disney TV show, it's still a TV show.
    Sci-fi shows are expensive to make compared to every other genres, it's not having like a sitcom or a crime show that needs a few sets and have to film occasionally outside.
    CGI is expensive and unless you're Henry Cavill and found a dream project (witcher) film actors rarely want to spend time filing a tv show for less money while costing them allot more time.

What difference does it make how she got Bruce's blood? How would that change people wanting to get her in order to create their own hulks?

What wasn't "so smarTy" is that in the comics, Bruce Banner, a renowned scientist and expert in gamma radiation, knowingly donates his blood to his cousin...with really no idea what could happen to her...and then he just bails before doing any kind of tests to see if she's going to die of radiation poisoning or turn into a Hulk herself.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    What difference does it make how she got Bruce's blood? How would that change people wanting to get her in order to create their own hulks?

What wasn't "so smarTy" is that in the comics, Bruce Banner, a renowned scientist and expert in gamma radiation, knowingly donates his blood to his cousin...with really no idea what could happen to her...and then he just bails before doing any kind of tests to see if she's going to die of radiation poisoning or turn into a Hulk herself.
    yeah that never made sense to me. the tv show way makes a lot more sense

There's a reason why in the first pic is the way she is and then the bottom one.

I'm guessing you just found two random pics and thought you were smart.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

I usually, wait till the entire season is out, But from the trailers they put out im not all that bothered
    For starters In the comics She hulk is hulk all the time due to the blood transfusion Bruce gave her she cant change back, but she doesnt care she loves her body and righfully so.

And the early trailers Really didnt help sell the show making it "Women get angry because they are women" Or tried hard to be like "Women do it better"

Again i wait till the entire season is out before watching it to pass my real judgment on the Show as I did with Ms Marvel, Which started good and ended poorly.

Honestly, I think its a problem at Marvel, They have trouble Writting Strong women or women in general and the only way "Think it works" is by making it "Women do it better" trope.

And I agreew if she wasnt Tied to DC, Gal Gadot would of made a Awesome fit for this

yeah that never made sense to me. the tv show way makes a lot more sense
    He donates blood because there is no other choice and she is bleeding out post mob hit and he performs the transfusion himself. Pretty big difference it wasn't some random donation. It was she needs blood or she dies.

Also in no world in her original origin was Jen not attractive.

1) Gal Gadot is already doing something else. And the whole point of She-Hulk is the contrast between her Human and Hulk form.
    2) No, she doesn't. She doesn't in the Comics and she doesn't here.
    3) Jokes were actually funny. She didn't do anything to the 3 creeps because Hulk tackled her and brought her to his Island.

There is little to no difference between Bruce donating blood and the blood getting into her on accident.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Really liked the first episode. I just love to watch Mark Ruffalo, he is amazing as Hulk and very funny. Tatiana Maslany seems to be perfect as she-Hulk, although I will not pass judgment until the show is done, but I think that I am going to enjoy it quite a lot, especially after all Marvel Phase 4, which has been atrocious.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Holy hell we have Tatiana Maslany and you want Gal Gadot instead. What a terrible idea.

Sure, Gadot may be a bit more pretty, but Maslany is ten times the actress. At least.