Loved the 2nd episode. Abomination had me convinced...

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Are we really gonna pretend that the same people wouldn’t be alienated by any other woman’s issue When This is the most basic shit woman go through on a daily basis and people are pitching a fit about a woman mentioning it?

I mean we already have people in this very thread pretending like three dudes following her alone saying generic rapey shit is totally fine even after she rejects there multiple advances and tries to leave.
    I disagree with the whole women have it harder agenda. And here we are talking in the west - because some places are obviously fucked when it comes to that. Women and men each face unique problems that needs to be solved - but acting like women have some sort of monopoly on being angry all the time because they are women is just dishonest.

I'm not saying we need to zoom in on male problems and ignore female problems. I'm not trying to put special focus on male problems. I'm just saying its proposterous to act like females in the west are in an especially dire situation.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I disagree with the whole women have it harder agenda. And here we are talking in the west - because some places are obviously fucked when it comes to that. Women and men each face unique problems that needs to be solved - but acting like women have some sort of monopoly on being angry all the time because they are women is just dishonest.

I'm not saying we need to zoom in on male problems and ignore female problems. I'm not trying to put special focus on male problems. I'm just saying its proposterous to act like females in the west are in an especially dire situation.
    Yes your not saying female problems should be ignored your just upset they were actually brought up while in all likely hood you didn’t have any issue with cap feeling not up to male standers in his movie, thor being over confident in his and needing to be taught humility, or pretty much every thing around tony.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

This rant in the first 10 minutes is just gold.

Yes your not saying female problems should be ignored your just upset they were actually brought up while in all likely hood you didn’t have any issue with cap feeling not up to male standers in his movie, thor being over confident in his and needing to be taught humility, or pretty much every thing around tony.
    No thats a directy misquotation. Whats upsetting is that they are being presented as infinitely more real and pressing then male issues. Cap compares himself to his own genders standards - which isnt sexism mate. Thor having narcassistic personality traits also isnt sexism.

The huge difference here is the needing to downplay something else in order to upplay yourself. Those arent very likable character traits.

7+ Year Old Account
    No thats a directy misquotation. Whats upsetting is that they are being presented as infinitely more real and pressing then male issues. Cap compares himself to his own genders standards - which isnt sexism mate. Thor having narcassistic personality traits also isnt sexism.

The huge difference here is the needing to downplay something else in order to upplay yourself. Those arent very likable character traits.
    Nothing she hulk says is sexist she’s explainer her own experiences to Bruce, experiences he and most men haven't gone through and which reflect almost every woman’s real experiences. Hell she isn’t even talking about woman or men as a whole only her self and Bruce and every thing she says is 100% true to the point where Bruce has a whole other personality because he doesn’t deal with his own problems.

And no it’s not treated infinitely more real and pressing then male issues by any one other then people who get upset when woman actually speak out about there experiences. caps Tony’s and thor problems take up like half of there movies and bleed over into further movies and are never treated as if they don’t matter while Jen got one scene and people lost there minds because when men face there issues it’s normal but when woman do the same it’s suddenly an attack on men.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-08-25 at 05:41 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Nothing she hulk says is sexist she’s explainer her own experiences to Bruce, experiences he and most men haven't gone through and which reflect almost every woman’s real experiences. Hell she isn’t even talking about woman or men as a whole only her self and Bruce and every thing she says is 100% true to the point where Bruce has a whole other personality because he doesn’t deal with his own problems.

And no it’s not treated infinitely more real and pressing then male issues by any one other then people who get upset when woman actually speak out about there experiences. caps Tony’s and thor problems take up like half of there movies and bleed over into further movies and are never treated as if they don’t matter while Jen got one scene and people lost there minds because when men face there issues it’s normal but when woman do the same it’s suddenly an attack on men.
    Yeah no thats just not right. She is clearly not just speaking for herself but for women in general.

Tell me whats not sexist about generalising the sexes and saying one entire sex has it worse then the other when its literally not even remotely close to being the truth from a statistical pov.

Odd that everything you listed were issues men deal with.

Yet all the things in she hulk were

"stuff women deal with because of men"

Maybe She Hulk doesn't pass the beckdel (sp) test since it seems utterly focused on Jen's feelings about men?

Tell me whats not sexist about generalising the sexes and saying one entire sex has it worse then the other when its literally not even remotely close to being the truth from a statistical pov.
    That depends on the particular statistics magic you employ, I guess.

I'd wager you don't have evidence that men get cat-called more than women; which is why you're not going to use that statistic, but rephrase it in a way that falls under a different heading, so you can use data that looks like it supports your side more.

Statistics are one of the biggest red herrings because they're so trivially easy to abuse even without falsifying any data (let alone the rampant falsification that ALSO goes on a lot). Just getting behind the relevance and proper context of a set of statistical data can be a page-long effort for professionals, for forum randos it's likely a fool's errand outside of the most trivial cases.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah no thats just not right. She is clearly not just speaking for herself but for women in general.

Well the fact that it never happened would exclude it from being sexist.

Bruce and Jen aren’t having a meta conversion about rather men or woman have it worse the whole context of the scene and the training parts at large is Bruce some one who doesn’t deal with his anger patronizing some one who does and then being snapped at when she has enough of him talking down to her.

There is no message that woman gave it worse just a mention of some of the things woman go through just like all of the male lead movies didn’t have a message that men have it worse even though they only talked about male issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Odd that everything you listed were issues men deal with.

Yet all the things in she hulk were

"stuff women deal with because of men"

Maybe She Hulk doesn't pass the beckdel (sp) test since it seems utterly focused on Jen's feelings about men?
    All of the issues in both cases are out comes of how society is structured, what is expected as men and the male hero’s having trouble living up to or living with those standards and what is expected as woman and how woman are seen when they don’t adhere to that standard.

To try and simplify either side to “men issues” or “problems caused by men”is missing the forest for The trees.

Well the fact that it never happened would exclude it from being sexist.

Bruce and Jen aren’t having a meta conversion about rather men or woman have it worse the whole context of the scene and the training parts at large is Bruce some one who doesn’t deal with his anger patronizing some one who does and then being snapped at when she has enough of him talking down to her.

There is no message that woman gave it worse just a mention of some of the things woman go through just like all of the male lead movies didn’t have a message that men have it worse even though they only talked about male issues.
    What male issues did the male lead movies talk about exactly?

"The triggers are anger and fear. -Hulk
    Those are the baseline of any woman just existing. -Jennifer"

"When incompetent men explain my own area of expertise to me. I do it pretty much every day. Because if I don’t, I will get called emotional, or difficult, or might just literally get murdered. – Jennifer Walters quotes in She-Hulk
    So I’m an expert at controlling my anger because I do it infinitely more than you. -Jen"

I mean the quotes speak for themselves. I dont know why you guys seem so set on her not having said it.

7+ Year Old Account

"When incompetent men explain my own area of expertise to me. I do it pretty much every day. Because if I don’t, I will get called emotional, or difficult, or might just literally get murdered. – Jennifer Walters quotes in She-Hulk
    So I’m an expert at controlling my anger because I do it infinitely more than you. -Jen"

I mean the quotes speak for themselves. I dont know why you guys seem so set on her not having said it.
    I already mentioned some male issues raised in the movies, you even acknowledged that they were there two post ago and just said they weren't sexism.

And no one is acting like she didn’t say any of that people, she said all of it and all of it is true. The only thing people are contesting is people whining about how any mention of things woman go through is an attack on men.

Anyone else kind of miffed about the length of the second episode? ^^
    With the ending credits and all that shit, it was like a total of 20 minutes or something..
    I want more damnit!

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Anyone else kind of miffed about the length of the second episode? ^^
    With the ending credits and all that shit, it was like a total of 20 minutes or something..
    I want more damnit!
    It's about the same runtime as the average sitcom.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit confused, is it supposed to be a comedy and I should be laughing?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Just because it has the same runtime as a sitcom doesn’t automatically make it one. It has its humorous moments but it’s not a sitcom

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Nah, its a realityshow. You should stare dumbfounded and drool

not all humor is for everyone. I only laughed out loud once the first episode and it was the post credits scene. They only part i found funny this episode was Neil blondsky writing haiku's and the scenes with her father. I just found his awkwardness funny.

she. never, EVER says that women have it worse. you are projecting here, big time. all she says is that women deal with containing and controlling anger on a daily basis and a good chunk of it is due to the actions of men towards women.

yes yes, not all men, yadda yadda, but enough that her experience is relatable to most western women that had ever lived in larger cities/worked in corporate environment.

she is talking about specific experiences. not overall judgements. YOU all are the ones turning it into oppression Olympics. not her.

the equivalent would be her complaining that being born with a uterus comes with a monthly pain and having to deal with the mess of blood for anywhere from couple of weeks to a day so you learn how to anticipate it and deal with it and that's why she had supplies in her purse that came in handy for dealing with heavy bleeding from a wound, and cis men complaining how men experience a lot of different kinds of pain and they have to use first aid all the time. yes yes, you do, but is NOT this specific pain or carrying these specific supplies with you all the time just in case.

- - - Updated - - -

please. point me at a single word that implies that women have it harder in general. I dare you. she literally says that in this particular instance she has more experience then Bruce does. she does NOT say that this is why her life sucks more, or women have it harder or any of the crap you all keep trying to put in her mouth. she says she has experience dealing with controlling anger on a daily basis because this experience while not exclusive to women, it sure is damn near universal in a way that is not for men. NOT that it places any judgement or competition.

I already mentioned some male issues raised in the movies, you even acknowledged that they were there two post ago and just said they weren't sexism.

And no one is acting like she didn’t say any of that people, she said all of it and all of it is true. The only thing people are contesting is people whining about how any mention of things woman go through is an attack on men.
    "Cap compares himself to his own genders standards - which isnt sexism mate. Thor having narcassistic personality traits also isnt sexism."

None of those are male issues they are just human emotions? Narsassicm isnt a "male issue" mate.

Testicular cancer, healthy ways of raising boys, unwanted pregnancies - there are plenty of male issues, like i'm not even an expert on the subject but there is certainly a lot.

And no just literally one post ago you outright stated she didnt speak for women in general

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    Snip.

I'm just going to quote this again for you. Literally right here she says that women deal with anger and fear issues because of men - that men do not. That she has infinitely more experience with it then he does and that she deals with it on a daily basis because she is a women.

Literally complete BS as any statistic will tell you its the other way around in every single way except for the cat calling - but i'm guessing thats not what gives her the fear and anger in itself otherwise that would be incredibly narcassistic.