Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I mean, you're the one that came in here to cry about how the show, that you voluntarily watched two episodes of, hurt your little fee-fees.
    So when all these poor wymyns blame all teh menz and teh patriarchy for all their problems, they don't play the Victim card?

Yeh, I'll repeat what I said, oh the fucking irony.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    So when all these poor wymyns blame all teh menz and teh patriarchy for all their problems, they don't play the Victim card?

Allright champ, let's say I were to concede your point (I haven't, but let's play make believe)... what makes your hurt feelings over a TV show more justified than those "wymyn" you deride?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post

"I hate this thing those people do, that's why I need to come here and do the exact same thing myself!"

Right.

Uh.

You okay, though? Otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    "I hate this thing those people do, that's why I need to come here and do the exact same thing myself!"

Right.

Uh.

You okay, though? Otherwise?
    I guess we'll find out when he gets back from "vacation"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

on a different note, I love Jen's family.. so... much.... they are the perfect blend of cringey and supportively loving, its just... so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    on a different note, I love Jen's family.. so... much.... they are the perfect blend of cringey and supportively loving, its just... so good.
    Yea that was quite surprising..... I expected no family (given she didn't think of anyone to call after the accident), and empty apartment and a few cats.

Hard to imagine the character they have presented with a father like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Yea that was quite surprising..... I expected no family (given she didn't think of anyone to call after the accident), and empty apartment and a few cats.

seems like either Bruce called them, or she has spoken to them off screen. and its the exact kind of a family I would have expected to have raised someone like her, including and especially her father. I don't know why you all keep trying to see her as some sort of manhater. I honestly don't get that vibe out of the show at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post

Pretty easy actually. She’s reasonably well adjusted and that’s why she control her Hulk form. Do you want to guess what Bruce’s family is like?

A couple of things happened this episode that I was expecting.
    1. Mistrial.
    2. Mr Walters is a swell fucking guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Nearly the same scene, and outcome, as the three guys outside the bar;

On having control from the beginning rather than having to deal with out-of-control rage monster issues;

Sure seems like a lot of the contentious elements have always been a part of She-Hulk. So I'm not sure I can take the argument that you like She-Hulk, but just not this show, when the components you're mostly complaining about are integral to She-Hulk.
    This isn't the original origin you are looking for an 80s comic not a 2000s one probably later judging by how lacking the drawing style is.

https://readcomiconline.li/Comic/The...210&readType=1

Notice no editorializing about being better just talking about you know being hulk. Still determination to keep it under control and the explosion of anger but not immediately claiming to be better than Bruce. She definitely isn't able to control the change early on but the stories still resonate arguably because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    This isn't the original origin you are looking for an 80s comic not a 2000s one probably later judging by how lacking the drawing style is.

https://readcomiconline.li/Comic/The...210&readType=1

Notice no editorializing about being better just talking about you know being hulk. Still determination to keep it under control and the explosion of anger but not immediately claiming to be better than Bruce. She definitely isn't able to control the change early on but the stories still resonate arguably because of that.
    Notice how she is in control the entire time. She showed more control in her first appearance than the dozens or even hundreds of prior appearances of the Hulk. She had full control of her transformation before even the first year of her comic was out. She was the "Smart" Hulk long before Bruce was. Eventually choosing to wear her Hulk form 100% of time because she liked being tall, strong and beautiful.

Also no direct talk to Bruce about their respective powers or control issues.

You really suck at this don't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    I could not possibly care less about that kind of goalpost-shifting.

The most recent publications are the ones that are most directly relevant, anyway. Particularly as they're the direct inspiration the show's drawing from.

She didn't ever claim to be "better" than Bruce. You folks really like pushing that lie, but it remains a lie, and repeating it won't change that.

You're making that shit up, to push an agenda based on bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Notice how she is in control the entire time. She showed more control in her first appearance than the dozens or even hundreds of prior appearances of the Hulk. She had full control of her transformation before even the first year of her comic was out. She was the "Smart" Hulk long before Bruce was. Eventually choosing to wear her Hulk form 100% of time because she liked being tall, strong and beautiful.

Also no direct talk to Bruce about their respective powers or control issues.

You really suck at this don't you?
    Yeah talking about a hulk but better definitely isn't ripping on Bruce /s. Again read the 80s set she has some control but less than you think at least not initially. Also the mob hit and fallout from it is a huge part of the original set

She gained full control due to Michael Morbius's help not due to magically being better than Bruce instantly. In fact she was stuck transformed for multiple issues unable to change back desperately wanting to become Jennifer again.

- - - Updated - - -

I could not possibly care less about that kind of goalpost-shifting.

The most recent publications are the ones that are most directly relevant, anyway. Particularly as they're the direct inspiration the show's drawing from.

She didn't ever claim to be "better" than Bruce. You folks really like pushing that lie, but it remains a lie, and repeating it won't change that.

You're making that shit up, to push an agenda based on bullshit.
    You literally linked a comic page talking about being hulk but better. The most recent publications of most comics are not the ones people give a crap about and you know this. The first incarnations are what most consider cannon since they like to reinvent the entire universe every decade there are definitive versions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah talking about a hulk but better definitely isn't ripping on Bruce /s.
    Again, that's not an exchange that happens. You're making that shit up out of whole cloth.

You literally linked a comic page talking about being hulk but better.
    She said that in that comic, sure. She didn't say that in the show.

In the comic, Bruce's Immortal Hulk is not "under control". Hence the comment.

You can't just ignore context like that, dude.

The most recent publications of most comics are not the ones people give a crap about and you know this.
    Stop projecting your own fringe point of views as if they're universal truths. The original comics aren't the most important ones, they're just the first ones. Most of the best-reviewed and most-beloved comic arcs are not character origin stories.

The first incarnations are what most consider cannon since they like to reinvent the entire universe every decade there are definitive versions.
    This is categorically false. The most-current is the canon, and overrules whatever came before, unless it's explicitly an alternate universe, or something more complex like the shakeup that merged the 616 and 1600 (Ultimates) universes. Fans do not get a say in this. The most-recent comics establish the canon, even via retcon.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-08-26 at 03:39 AM.

Yeah talking about a hulk but better definitely isn't ripping on Bruce /s. Again read the 80s set she has some control but less than you think at least not initially. Also the mob hit and fallout from it is a huge part of the original set

She gained full control due to Michael Morbius's help not due to magically being better than Bruce instantly. In fact she was stuck transformed for multiple issues unable to change back desperately wanting to become Jennifer again.
    And how much control did the Hulk have? None. And wouldn't have any for years.

And there was no Bruce to talk to. He left town before she even transformed the first time.

Seriously, you're not reading what you think you're reading. She was better than Bruce on her first panel as She-Hulk. Go back and re-read the last page. She's already resolved to use her powers for good. If that ain't control, I don't know what is.

You literally linked a comic page talking about being hulk but better. The most recent publications of most comics are not the ones people give a crap about and you know this. The first incarnations are what most consider cannon since they like to reinvent the entire universe every decade there are definitive versions.
    Which she clarifies by saying "But from the start... I was under control".
    ]
    And Canon is what Marvel decides...not "most people"
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-08-26 at 03:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Canon is what Marvel decides...not "most people"
    The silliest damned thing about the argument that earlier content is "more canonical" is that it inherently argues that character development literally can not happen; any such development in the character comes later, and thus, is less "canonical" and thus should be ignored.

This is obviously incredibly silly and self-defeating.

The silliest damned thing about the argument that earlier content is "more canonical" is that it inherently argues that character development literally can not happen; any such development in the character comes later, and thus, is less "canonical" and thus should be ignored.

This is obviously incredibly silly and self-defeating.
    The silliest damned thing is that the earlier content undermines his argument entirely.

Like the only thing the earliest appearances show is that Marvel was trying to make a regular superhero comic that's closer to Daredevil than anything else. Intrepid lawyer by day, avenging crimefighter by, err, afternoon. I guess Jenny isn't a night person like Matt.

No one was buying the original "more canonical" comic so it got the axe. She's been a happy go lucky hero ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    After reading through a few pages there sure are quite a few threatened males in this thread

I def gotta see this first episode now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I'm so sorry problems people have, that you do not, offends you so much.

- - - Updated - - -

She-Hulk: Bringing out the snowflake men to tell on themselves, one fragile male at a time.
    This isn't the right way to go about it. Especially since there's women who dislike this as well. Hating on a specific gender doesn't make you cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    This isn't the right way to go about it. Especially since there's women who dislike this as well. Hating on a specific gender doesn't make you cool.
    There is no "hating on a specific gender"... no one is saying "all men suck"...just "these particular dudes suck".

There is no "hating on a specific gender"... no one is saying "all men suck"...just "these particular dudes suck".
    Right, the same way someone says something about a woman and is suddenly a misogynist/has internalized misogyny.

And they didn't even say dudes. They specifically wrote men and males. There's a reason for that. Stop defending this kind of behaviour.