This guy literally said the only American sitcom he's ever liked was Friends, and that WandaVision/Loki were trash, and the latter was at best a 5/10 (I assume he'd rate WandaVision even lower). Like, holy shit. Friends was awful.

This is a classical bad take. I don't see the need to engage any more with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    That's not dunking. Why would you come and talk about a show you do not watch? Makes no sense.
    So either:
    1. do not watch, stfu
    or
    2. be extremely precise, specific, intricate, poignant and careful with your critique while watching this show lest you're ready to take on a barrage of critique...of your critique?

I'm using what you actually said... not what you wish you had said after it gets thrown back in your face.
    No.

I can't stop you from hatewatching it and I'm sure Disney will thank you for your engagement with the show by providing you with more shows like it for you to hatewatch in the future. But just like I can't stop you from hatewatching...you can't stop people telling you to STFU about it.
    So it's okay for people to tell me to STFU, but it's not okay for me to say that I think that this show is bad.
    Gotcha.

Good day, sir.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    This guy literally said the only American sitcom he's ever liked was Friends, and that WandaVision/Loki were trash, and the latter was at best a 5/10 (I assume he'd rate WandaVision even lower). Like, holy shit. Friends was awful.

This is a classical bad take. I don't see the need to engage any more with him.
    Ironic_Palpatine.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Fortress of Arrogance View Post
    So either:
    1. do not watch, stfu
    Seems like the best approach to a series you don't like.

be extremely precise, specific, intricate, poignant and careful with your critique while watching this show lest you're ready to take on a barrage of critique...of your critique?
    You don't need any of that...just don't lie, twist, or misrepresent things in your argument...and you'll be fine. People may still want to discuss your opinion with you, though. They may even tell you that they believe you are wrong. Critiques are not immune to critiquing.

No.
    Yes.

So it's okay for people to tell me to STFU, but it's not okay for me to say that I think that this show is bad.
    Gotcha.
    It's okay to say you think the show is bad if you're being honest. It's the dishonesty that gets called out.

Good day, sir.
    Bye Felicia.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Can we just all ignore Fortress of Arrogance? They’re just being a troll at this point.
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2022-09-11 at 11:08 PM.

Bye Felicia.
    >no dunking, no insulting
    >bye, felicia
    You're pretty good.

See you around, Tio the Fella

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Can we just all ignore Fortress of Arrogance? They’re just being a troll at this point.
    What if I'm not trolling and honestly saying I dislike the show?

>bye, felicia
    You're pretty good.

See you around, Tio the Fella

- - - Updated - - -

See my problem is that you say you don't like the show.
    Okay, no one cares, you are one person's opinion in a sea of a billion opinions. Nobody is finding it unbelievable you dislike the show, so believe us your need to defend your stance is unnecessary.
    But you are trying to convince other people It's awful. Which on an Internet forum is laughably impossible, nobody in the history of MMO-C has switched stances on issues because they read something really fascinating be posted by someone else.
    You're inviting yourself to be "dunked on" because you refuse to accept your opinions aren't better than everybody else's.

If you want to present discussion points do so, but "I hate this show and you should too" is your own delusion of thinking anybody gives a flying fuck what it is you hate or not.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2022-09-11 at 11:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Your behavior indicates that you are a troll.

You say something that is outright false, misleading, or an exaggeration of reality when it comes to the show. Then when you are called out on backpedal during the entire argument. And then pretend you care for actual argumentation or discussion, but you loop always back to the beginning. No one cares to discuss a show with someone who comes across as just wanting to annoy people. All while feigning being the "victim" of being attacked from multiple angles.

It is the same crap I seen with the Star Wars Sequels, or the female reboot of Ghostbusters. A large amount of the critique was just bad and rather than actually discuss the flaws with the films or in this case series. We are dealing with people who need to lie to justify their position.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    What a weird stretch. Assuming isn't arguing online that your opinion matters.
    How is that weird? I've never been set on fire. Does my opinion that people shouldn't be set on fire not matter? Are you asserting your opinion is that -people should indeed be set on fire?

- - - Updated - - -

Question - at this point, does anybody even remember what the original topic of this thread was?

Be honest. No going back to page 1.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    How is that weird? I've never been set on fire. Does my opinion that people shouldn't be set on fire not matter? Are you asserting your opinion is that -people should indeed be set on fire?

- - - Updated - - -

Question - at this point, does anybody even remember what the original topic of this thread was?

The issue is experience. You don't have to set yourself on fire would be bad if you have experienced that fire can cause harm.
    If you haven't experienced the show and are judging off what others have said, you aren't giving your experienced opinion, you are repeating someone else's.

The discussion is whether or not all critique should be treated as valid when it comes to the sho
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-09-12 at 12:43 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post

- - - Updated - - -

its weird, because we are talking about equivalent of enjoying sitting by the yule log video on TV and you are suddenly talking about being set on fire. the topics are not comparable.

the thread is about She-hulk and every few pages we get to talk about actual plot threads, before the nonsense takes over for a while.

and incidentally, I have expressed my opinion plenty and it doesn't always align with that of the other people in the threads I've posted in and we have argued over conclusions and reasoning, and it was never personal. it was just discussing interpretations and preferences.

what some of the posters here are doing however is trying to make their personal preferences not only sound like facts (even though they are not) but they are trying to claim that anyone arguing against them is personaly attacking them, not to mention their very opinions are formed over hearsay and so they can't even back up WHY they feel the way that they do with actual events in the show.

>bye, felicia
    You're pretty good.
    I didn't insult you over your opinion of the show. I didn't insult you at all. "Bye Felicia" isn't an insult. It's a dismissal. If that makes you feel "dunked on"...well, I can't control that.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-09-12 at 12:45 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Watched the first 4 tonight, was pretty meh on the first 3 but it seems to have hit it's stride on episode 4. Gave me some Venture Bros vibes so I'll keep my fingers crossed for more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    See my problem is that you say you don't like the show.
    Okay, no one cares, you are one person's opinion in a sea of a billion opinions. Nobody is finding it unbelievable you dislike the show, so believe us your need to defend your stance is unnecessary.
    Thanks for your response.
    I've got this feeling though that I am required to be so very certain and specific with my argumentation as to WHY I dislike the show.
    And then somehow it turns out I am trying to convince others that my opinion is to be taken as a gospel of sorts.
    I've said it quite a few times: it's okay if others think it's a good show, but yet here we're are.
    I'd really like to move past this point.

You're inviting yourself to be "dunked on" because you refuse to accept your opinions aren't better than everybody else's.
    eh?..
    I don't believe I've stated anything of that sort.

If you want to present discussion points do so, but "I hate this show and you should too" is your own delusion of thinking anybody gives a flying fuck what it is you hate or not.
    Well, I am not saying anything remotely similar to "I hate it and you should too".
    If anyone likes it: good for them, I'm not the one to try to convince them otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't insult you over your opinion of the show. I didn't insult you at all. "Bye Felicia" isn't an insult. It's a dismissal. If that makes you feel "dunked on"...well, I can't control that.
    In American English, the phrase "Bye, Felicia" (actually spelled "Felisha" in the cast listing) is an informal phrase intended as a dismissive send-off, where the recipient is rendered so unimportant their name is reduced to "Felicia." The phrase originally comes from a scene from Angela Means' character Felicia in the American comedy film Friday (1995). According to Ice Cube, who starred in the film and co-wrote its script, "Bye, Felicia" is "the phrase 'to get anyone out of your face'".[1]

Oh well, I guess I misinterpret that, huh.

Anyway, moving on.

Oh, I just wanted to start a friendly discussion the matter with you, as to shift the current vibe from dunking on me.
    I'm sorry for not reading the whole 75 pages, it's just that I haven't seen your opinion, yet.
    I can hardly take in good faith that you want a "friendly discussion" when you quote me out of context to slap it in your signature, when you already misquoted me in the first place.

It might be shocking, but if you don't enjoy a show, you don't need to watch it...OR participate in discussions about said show, which is weird that you keep going "But then people will say my opinion doesn't count!". Like, why would you willingly want to go into a thread just to ridicule something you haven't even seen in the first place? Outside of trying to irritate the people who do enjoy it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I am not saying anything remotely similar to "I hate it and you should too".
    If anyone likes it: good for them, I'm not the one to try to convince them otherwise.
    Just for everyone's clarity, here's your first post in the thread;

I did watch all the Marvel series.
    I did watch the latest she-shrek episode, and will continue doing so, if only out of morbid curiosity.
    The show is so bad it's agonizing to watch tbf, and I am starting to question if I might be a masochist to an extent.

I mean come on, the jokes fall flat you might call them faceplanting.
    All the court scenes are cringe-inducing and no amount of cutting slack amends them.
    Blatant narrative about Jen being so very great, strong and independent female character reeks of Mary Sue -like scum the likes of Rey from SW trilogy.
    Manhating narrative is just that - manhating, it is not funny, it is not a message, just a narrative.
    The show is bad, which is sad, yet expectable to a certain extent considering its part of Marvel series, and Marvel series are a a disappointment in general.
    Those aren't just statements of personal dislike. None of them. They're claims of objectively determinable factors. None of which are true. And several of which betray a wildly biased agenda.

You're not fooling anyone by trying to rewrite how you actually entered this discussion. You're just lying to our faces, again.

I can hardly take in good faith that you want a "friendly discussion" when you quote me out of context to slap it in your signature, when you already misquoted me in the first place.
    Well, it certainly sounded funny to me that way
    Don't take it as an attempt to take a stab at you, please

It might be shocking, but if you don't enjoy a show, you don't need to watch it...OR participate in discussions about said show...Outside of trying to irritate the people who do enjoy it?

The bolded part is an interesting one.
    Are you suggesting only people who watch and enjoy are supposed to discuss the show?

Like, why would you willingly want to go into a thread just to ridicule something you haven't even seen in the first place?
    Don't know.
    That's why I'm watching it, I guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    In American English, the phrase "Bye, Felicia" (actually spelled "Felisha" in the cast listing) is an informal phrase intended as a dismissive send-off, where the recipient is rendered so unimportant their name is reduced to "Felicia." The phrase originally comes from a scene from Angela Means' character Felicia in the American comedy film Friday (1995). According to Ice Cube, who starred in the film and co-wrote its script, "Bye, Felicia" is "the phrase 'to get anyone out of your face'".[1]

Anyway, moving on.
    Nothing in what you quoted says it is an insult. You not being important isn't an insult.
    –The Sith Code

Are you suggesting only people who watch and enjoy are supposed to discuss the show?

Don't know.
    That's why I'm watching it, I guess.
    Yeah, exactly it.

Example: I'm not a Star Wars fan. I don't hate Star Wars, I just don't find it interesting enough to go out of my way to spend any time on it. Haven't seen episode 6 or episode 2, in my entire life. I have not seen any of the new material, the only Star Wars game I played was Star Wars battlefront 2 (which is where I've gotten 90% of my Star Wars knowledge, and the family guy spoof) and know nothing about the show at all. I could not name many characters or the actors who played them if someone pointed them out to me. Who cares? I dont.

I could not in good faith possibly comment "I hate Star wars, it's terrible!!" Because I truly do not know if it is terrible or good or whatever, because I'm not part of the Fandom, and that is alright.

Anyway, moving on.
    As I said, it's a dismissal...not an insult.

Except it's a simple statement.

You're causing an issue by dodging addressing the original issue. But you cut that out just to make it sound stupid.

I mean, for someone who keeps saying you're the victim in the thread, you're still choosing to egg people on.

Not even close to what was said. You keep getting told you don't have to watch the show if you're not enjoying it, which you keep responding with "but then I'll be told my opinion doesn't count since I didn't watch it", to which I'm saying you don't have to discuss the show either.

This isn't your job or anything.
    Saying you have to watch it to discuss it here is a bit weird.