10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I hear that. Would be neat if they treated the TV Series stuff as those side stories, and the Movies as the larger tied together story. Or perhaps that IS what they are doing, and I just haven't realized it yet.

- - - Updated - - -

You may already know this, so excuse me if I am repeating what you already know.

They are already a team. The Daughters of the Dragon. They are also part of the Heroes For Hire group.
    Heroes for Hire TV series would bring back Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and Iron Fist. Shang-Chi is also a member alongside Misty and Colleen Wing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Also, didn't the comics at some point say Mr. Immortal isn't the same kind of mutant as the X-men-type mutants but something even more superior? Having evolved out of death and everything?

So I guess not "proper mutant" in that sense either.
    Mr Immortal is dubbed Homo Supreme, because he will ultimately outlive all other humans until he is the last remaining human in the universe, however millions of years that may take.

He is however still a mutant, the scientific name of which being Homo Superior.

How Jen was ok after receiving a punch from Titania?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Mr Immortal is dubbed Homo Supreme, because he will ultimately outlive all other humans until he is the last remaining human in the universe, however millions of years that may take.

He is however still a mutant, the scientific name of which being Homo Superior.
    That changes what "mutant" means, though.

In one vernacular, it's a moniker for Homo sapiens superior - but as you say, Mr. Immortal is Homo sapiens supreme, which is not the same. So by that understanding he wouldn't be a "mutant".

Of course in a more general understanding of the term he is a mutant in the sense that he is different from Homo sapiens sapiens, i.e. regular humans, just like Homo sapiens superior is as well. They're both "mutants", even though they're not the same.

That, however, runs into the problem of what to call e.g. Inhumans, whom you could argue are also mutants by a general understanding (as Terrigen is a mutagen). But clearly they are distinguished from "regular" mutants in the comics by different terminology, so it can't be that use of the word.

TL;DR: it's complicated.

That, however, runs into the problem of what to call e.g. Inhumans, whom you could argue are also mutants by a general understanding (as Terrigen is a mutagen). But clearly they are distinguished from "regular" mutants in the comics by different terminology, so it can't be that use of the word.

TL;DR: it's complicated.
    Just elaborate a bit on this:

In Marvel Terms "Mutant" refers exclusively to those that carry the "X-Gene". It's considered a natural part of human evolution. Mutants were born with their powers though they typically do not activate until around puberty. Sometimes they activate sooner, later. or not at all. Those that carry that an unactivated X-Gene are "latent mutants".

Altered Human/Mutate/etc means external factors (Cosmic Rays, Radioactive Spiders, Super Soldier Serums, etc) are the source of power. It's more of a catch-all term for a variety of different factors. It can be broken down even further into more specific categories. (Gamma, Power Cosmic, etc). Occasionally "Metahuman" is used in Marvel for the same purpose...but i try to avoid it because it's more commonly used in DC Comics.

Inhumans are sort of like a mix of the two. Inhumans are a result of Kree experimenting on Humans a long time ago and the "gene", though extremely rare, is still carried by people today. So, they are similar to mutants in that they were born that way....but it also takes exposure to terrigen to activate their abilities.

Not trying to argue with or contradict you here at all....just seeking to put some clarity on the complications for the curious.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Inhumans are sort of like a mix of the two. Inhumans are a result of Kree experimenting on Humans a long time ago and the "gene", though extremely rare, is still carried by people today. So, they are similar to mutants in that they were born that way....but it also takes exposure to terrigen to activate their abilities.
    To be even more confusing, it was the Celestials who introduced the X-gene into a group of homo erectus, to boost the species' "latent potential". And iit was that same potential the Kree were able to exploit to make Inhumans. So the difference is more like a heritage tomato, or a GMO variant tomato. They're both tomatoes, at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    To be even more confusing, it was the Celestials who introduced the X-gene into a group of homo erectus, to boost the species' "latent potential". And iit was that same potential the Kree were able to exploit to make Inhumans. So the difference is more like a heritage tomato, or a GMO variant tomato. They're both tomatoes, at the end of the day.
    I would agree...but I would also add the altered humans are also a different kind of tomato...because as a baseline...humans are just really open to genetic modification of all kinds. It's one the reasons the Kree were ever interested in humans at all....because they themselves had kind of flatlined evolutionarily.

But I tihnk the real difference between mutants and inhumans is that the Celestials were just like "let's introduce this thing and let it develop as it will from there" whereas the the Kree were kinf of being more pragamtic about about their experimentations because

A) They were trying to find a way around their own evolutionary stagnation

and

B) They wanted "super soldiers" they could use to fight the Skrull.

But yeah, in the end...it is kind of like having different types of tomato. There are differences...but they're all more alike than they are different.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

But yeah, in the end...it is kind of like having different types of tomato. There are differences...but they're all more alike than they are different.
    Still leaves us with the issue, though, of what people mean, EXACTLY, when they throw out the word "tomato" :P

Though to be fair, wasn't the wording in Ms. Marvel not even the word "mutant" but "mutation"? In which case... fuck it could be any of the things anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still leaves us with the issue, though, of what people mean, EXACTLY, when they throw out the word "tomato" :P

Though to be fair, wasn't the wording in Ms. Marvel not even the word "mutant" but "mutation"? In which case... fuck it could be any of the things anyway.
    And her buddy wouldn't have any fuckin' clue about the X-gene that hasn't been discovered, so he'd be perfectly in the right to use "mutation" to describe literally any genetic aberration he can see.

And her buddy wouldn't have any fuckin' clue about the X-gene that hasn't been discovered, so he'd be perfectly in the right to use "mutation" to describe literally any genetic aberration he can see.
    I mean sure, but I'm more concerned about Marvel using the word than the character using the word - if we get right down to it, all he would see is a deviation in a nucleic acid sequence, but those happen all the time for all sorts of reasons. It'd likely be impossible to catalog all mutations in all living humans in the first place so what's his basis for comparison anyway :P

Clearly it's Marvel dropping the hint for SOMETHING, but whether it's actual X-Men or something else... we likely won't know until they tell us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean sure, but I'm more concerned about Marvel using the word than the character using the word - if we get right down to it, all he would see is a deviation in a nucleic acid sequence, but those happen all the time for all sorts of reasons. It'd likely be impossible to catalog all mutations in all living humans in the first place so what's his basis for comparison anyway :P

Clearly it's Marvel dropping the hint for SOMETHING, but whether it's actual X-Men or something else... we likely won't know until they tell us.
    I'm kind of hoping they just throw a giant wrench in the works; all genetic deviants are "mutants" and it doesn't matter if it's experimentation, genetic modification by Kree, or X-gene nonsense. Trying to draw distinctions between those groups really is kind of meaningless.

I'm kind of hoping they just throw a giant wrench in the works; all genetic deviants are "mutants" and it doesn't matter if it's experimentation, genetic modification by Kree, or X-gene nonsense. Trying to draw distinctions between those groups really is kind of meaningless.
    I guess that's one way to play it, but it would still "group" them by various factors - unless they want to take a REALLY different tack with the X-Men and make them sort of all-encompassing, which would be a bit weird.

Again, they played the actual X-Men theme when Bruno said "mutant". The current plan, at least, is that Kamala is whatever the X-Men are.

Quote Originally Posted by paxen View Post
    Again, they played the actual X-Men theme when Bruno said "mutant".
    But he didn't, did he? He said "mutation".

And a Person with a mutation is...?

But again, the theme from the X-Men animated series is played for just a second when he says "mutation".

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    As we discussed some posts ago, that's a bit of a complicated thing.

But again, the theme from the X-Men animated series is played for just a second when he says "mutation".
    Oh I'm with you, I absolutely think it's a reference to the X-Men. I'm just saying, it could backdoor into all sorts of things, too, including (as was suggested) a MCU-specific redefinition of what and who is a "mutant".

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    A mutant, but there are mutants and other people.

Spider-man's powers come from the spider bite mutating his DNA. But, Peter Parker isn't a mutant.

Generally mutant in marvel is exclusively used by X Gene Mutants.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

So, the 6th episode.
    It was bad.
    The case scenes were especially bad.
    Jen being awkward and treated like trash was an unpleasant sight.

But, to be fair, I must say that the sight of a man deciding to off himself via window jump rather than listen to two women blabber on was hilarious and relatable.

I was sincerely hoping that the fight between Jen and Superstrong Influencer would save the episode, and actually got hyped until the anticlimatic, and, supposedly, fun and abrupt end with Titania losing her veneers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortress of Arrogance View Post
    Jen being awkward and treated like trash was an unpleasant sight.
    Oh hey, finally something we can agree on!

But, to be fair, I must say that the sight of a man deciding to off himself via window jump rather than listen to two women blabber on was hilarious and relatable.
    Given Mr Immortal's characterization that, um, doesn't say great things about you...?

Oh hey, finally something we can agree on!
    There is a first time for everything, they say.

Given Mr Immortal's characterization that, um, doesn't say great things about you...?
    Given that it's a perfectly logical solution in that situation, doubly so when you're technically immortal?